[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth getting a Switch at this point? I have some money

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_2978.jpg (416KB, 1920x1085px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2978.jpg
416KB, 1920x1085px
Is it worth getting a Switch at this point? I have some money to burn and I am curious about Breath Of The Wild
>>
yes, phoneposter
>>
>>378340096
Good luck finding it at a normal price, the thing is monopolized by scalpers at this point in time and will most likely stay that way for a while

T. Someone who wants one with cash to spare
>>
>>378340096
i'd wait after E3 at least.

i'll probably get mine this winter
>>
>>378340793
>monopolized
>scalpers
"Scalpers" consists of literally thousands of individuals, it is the exact opposite of a monopoly.

Learn what words mean before you use them.
>>
>>378340096
You could get a used Wii U for far cheaper, hack it, and have access to a full library instead of just 2 games from that library
>>
>>378341950
That doesn't change the fact it's held hostage by scalpers who want $450 for the damn thing
>>
>>378342172
The prices that scalpers are charging is the market price.

Nintendo underestimated demand and priced it under the market price as a result. Which means it's going to get bought up at the below market price and the price will rise.

Get mad at Nintendo if you need to get mad at anybody. It's not like if it weren't for the scalpers the stores would be full of the console at MSRP. They would be empty.

What you call scalpers are really just speculators, a group of people whom economic illiterates have autistically screeched at for generations.
>>
>>378340096
If you've already waited this long, you might as well wait two more weeks for E3 so you can have a better idea of what's coming for it before deciding.
>>
>>378342650
Switches are selling for $380 on ebay which is like $10 profit after you calculate sales tax, shipping, and ebay/paypal fees. It's selling at the bare minimum because demand is that low. The reason it's sold out isn't because demand is high, it's because supply is low. They only shipped 280k units to the US in April compared to the 908k units they shipped in March, a decrease of 70%.

I really doubt it would be sold out right now if they had their shit together. Or, this is exactly what they wanted because it's an artificial shortage. Incompetence or intent, take your pick. Either way, demand isn't what you think it is, otherwise scalping prices would be higher
>>
>>378343038
>The reason it's sold out isn't because demand is high, it's because supply is low
Fair enough. A better way of saying it would be "demand is high relative to supply".

Everything else you said is right. Your last point about how high the scalper prices should be is just arguing about degree. I don't know how high they should be.
>>
>>378343038
It's upsetting to me personally that I have to pay an extra 100$~ because while Walmart and places are getting new stock, that shits gone within the day

It's about as bad as the Black Friday 100$ 3ds thing, except I got a new 3ds xl for the same price as the scam artists were selling the 100$ 3ds
>>
>>378343038

The vast, vast majority of people will not buy from a scalper, regardless of price.
>>
>>378343373
I remember Wii's were being sold on ebay for $450 6 months later. That was a $250 MSRP. Different economy back then though, that was a couple years before the recession

There's really no litmus test for a supply-constrained console. We'll only know how high demand is when they can exceed it with supply, which they likely have no intent of doing any time soon. The last thing Nintendo wants is the Switch sitting on shelves. They would rather people go away empty handed
>>
>>378343635
The amount of people willing to buy from a scalper is a percentage of actual demand, though. Prices *were* up in the $500-600 range at launch. They have fallen drastically since then, because demand has also fallen.
>>
>>378342650
>The prices that scalpers are charging is the market price.

That's the problem, scalpers buy large quantities of items and allegidly forcing it's rarity and changing the market for the price to drive up. Both sides are guilty in these cases
>>
Just check this regularly (avoid gamestop bundles imo)

http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/nintendoswitch/
>>
Other than Breath of the Wild, what else is available for this thing? After seeing that it was getting Monster Hunter, my interest was renewed. There's a Target about a half an hour away showing limited stock that I want to check out, but I just realized there's only one game I can even think of right now.
>>
>>378345807
As of now, bomberman r, mario kart 8 deluxe, rime, ultra sf II, and a boatload of eshop games like fast rmx, balster master, snakepass, nba playgrounds ect.
>>
File: IMG_9097.png (811KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9097.png
811KB, 750x1334px
Forget the Switch man, it's over, gone, vamoosh. Focus on the now, the moment, the intensity of the struggle within you, your heart, beating with blood. I'll let you in on a little secret my friend hehe.

Cocaine.

Get it now. Pour that shit over a mirror. And a bitch. Some tinder slut, pay her in coke. This is what will fulfill you, the passion of intense protest, knowing ever snort is a proverbial FUCK UOUto the system of control. Go forth and conquer my young son. And objectively the Wii U is a better investment.
>>
>All online retailers are out of stock unless you drop 450 dollars to get one

When will it end?
>>
>>378340096
Since you waited this long IF you are also interested in Splatoon 2 and fancy the green/pink joycons you might consider waiting for the Splatoon 2 bundle otherwise if you're interested just in Zelda try to find one now at a regular price if you can...
>>
>>378340793

I got one at the end of last month in Houston. I just had to ask some walmarts when they got shipments, and one of hem told me the next morning so I showed up and grabbed one early.
>>
>>378345514
You don't get it lol. People are willing to pay more than the actual MSRP, scalpers are just speculators that take advantage of this.
>>
I'll buy one when Kingdom is ported to it. That's all I'm waiting for.
>>
There are an abundance of switches where I live in Indiana. Other than the first few weeks they have been on store shelves consistantly.
>>
>>378340096
I will buy one if they announce Animal Crossing for switch just like I bought a 3ds because of that game.
>>
>>378340096
will the price drop this year like around Christmas? really annoyed if nintendo releases a new version of the switch in a year or so, how likely is it?
>>
>>378349469
I feel like they would increase sales massively if they redesign it with the complaints people have had in mind.
It is most likely what a lot of people who are on the fence are waiting for.
>>
Wanted to get one before the Arms testfire.
There are none to be found near me.
Online is all over 450.
I hope I can find one before splatoon 2 comes out.
>>
It's worth it for BotW alone, IMO.

That game was an absolute masterpiece, GOTY easily.
>>
>>378346261
I ended up buying one of the 400 dollar gamestop bundles. Even though it said it'll ship by June 2nd, mine was shipped out a day after I bought it. If you don't mind the carrying case the zelda one is a decent deal.
http://www.gamestop.com/browse/consoles/nintendo-switch
>>
>>378349931
I agree
My Wii U was worth it for BotW alone
>>
>>378348965
Do they mail? We aren't so lucky on the east coast
>>
>>378340096
I'm getting mine next year at least. Looks like it's going to be getting a lot of Japanese support. I really want a price cut. I'm not a big fan of paid online.

>>378350072
this
>>
>>378350412
Can you order from specific stores? It's Evansville, Indiana.
>>
>>378350412
There will be a shit load on ARMS' release day. Don't miss it
>>
>>378350412
I wouldn't order things unless you can get a guarantee that you can return it for your money back if you get a defect.
My switch lasted two days before it died.
>>
File: 51H8QJtj4+L._SY400_.jpg (30KB, 318x400px) Image search: [Google]
51H8QJtj4+L._SY400_.jpg
30KB, 318x400px
>>378340793
Came back in stock here in UK at rrp but I had to settle for grey joycons.

Waiting for this bad boy to come back in stock.
>>
>>378350971
>it died
What happened?
>>
>>378351258
Went to the menu screen checked the news and whatnot and then it said the cartridge wasnt in.
Reinserted the game cart and nothing happened so I turnt it off to turn it back on again because that usually fixes electronics but it just never went back on.
It was a sucky saturday but I had a haxed wiiu so I just started playing zelda on that. Literally no difference.
>>
>>378352729
You know you can send it to nintendo to get it fixed for free right?
>>
I would say no; unless you never owned a Wii U and REALLY badly want to play Zelda, Mario Kart and Splatoon.
>>
>>378346261
when you remember to preorder
>>
>>378353123
I wasn't about to wait weeks and weeks to play zelda.
I'd rather just get my money back and try again later when they have an updated design.
>>
>>378345689

Zelda one isn't bad. Mario one is packed with useless shit though.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.