[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm new to monster hunter, should I play this game first?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: MHFU_PSP_NA.jpg (283KB, 640x1102px) Image search: [Google]
MHFU_PSP_NA.jpg
283KB, 640x1102px
I'm new to monster hunter, should I play this game first?
>>
Sure, might as well start somewhere. That one is the best in the series anyways.
>>
>>378334542
No.

Play the PS4 one that'll be revealed at e3
>>
Portable 3rd is more beginner friendly. Go to the sticky on /vg/'s monster hunter general and there's a mega link for a translated/HD textured version of the game
>>
>>378334542
P3rd has more weapons but same gameplay. FU is decent but P3rd just has more.
>>
>>378336047

Does it have as many monsters and areas? That's what made FU so interesting for me.
>>
File: Shen Goeran.jpg (39KB, 500x463px) Image search: [Google]
Shen Goeran.jpg
39KB, 500x463px
>>378336332
There's no giant crabs if that's what you're asking.
>>
FU is okay

>>378335312
Isn't MH3u on 3ds the definitive version of 3rd gen?
I have both handhelds anyway, I probably tried 3rd out a long time ago but why would anyone play it if they can just play 3u instead?
>>
>>378336047
>P3rd just has more
In what way?
Though the QoL improvements make it harder to go back to FU after 3rd.
>>
>>378334542
Either this or 4u.
If you go with FU first try not to ragequit before killing your first tigrex.
>>
File: Lao Shung Lung.jpg (208KB, 1006x1010px) Image search: [Google]
Lao Shung Lung.jpg
208KB, 1006x1010px
>>378336427
I miss this big guy
>>
If you don't start with 2nd gen you'll likely never play it ever. the QoL changes in gen 3 will pamper you to the point where older gens seem incomprehensible.
>>
>>378336332
P3rd has no G rank and far less monsters, but it's much more polished, which IMO makes it more enjoyable.
>>
>>378336480
I recommended P3rd because I figured you were emulating psp anyway, but yea I would go for 3U if you can. That said emulated and upscaled P3rd looks a lot better than 3U because the 3ds MH games look like ass, and playing with a controller on pc is a lot better than playing off 3ds with it's touch screen camera controls
>>
>>378334542
No, not really. It was my first monster hunter and while I loved it, it's dated as fuck. The good thing about mon hun is outside one or two monsters, you can fight all the enemies in the newer games which have a multitude of QOL improvements. Playing old mon hun is more about fighting the controls than the actual beast
>>
>>378334542
Start with 3U
You'll see 3rd gen monsters with a bit of old ones in the mix, then 4U and Gen will acquintance you with 1st, 2nd and 4th gen monsters.
There's no reason to play FU unless you want to see how series developed and grew, in which case you start with 1st one and not in the middle of the road
>>
>the tribabby meme was real
>>
4U is the best, has the most content, is the most beginner friendly, and actually has a neat little narrative that gives context to your fights and has a nice sense of progression.
>>
No matter what game you play, only use GS until you hit G-Rank
>>
I actually have 3U and 4U, but want to play something on PC with a controller for a bit. I've played the hell out of those games don't worry.

FU or P3rd?
>>
>>378337685

P3rd is a better game.
>>
>>378334542
Yup, might as well start with the objectively best game in the series
>>
>>378337685
FU is a better game.
>>
>>378337685

https://strawpoll.com/3x22d94

Let's have a vote.
>>
>>378334542
no. the game is great but not beginner friendly and very tedious if you don't have friends to play it with you. play mh4u or mh3u. they have a much more refined gameplay and hitboxes so they feel much better to play too.
>>
Whatever you do, don't start with P3rd as your first MH. The "complete" translation patch only translates just enough to be beatable, but training school, info magazines, and random NPC chatter (which is used to clue you in to monster weaknesses and such) are untranslated. Yes, you could just google guides which will spell out all that and more for you, but that loses part of the charm.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.