[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dragon quest XI

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

How do you feel about the new dragon quest?
>>
Pretty good
Im importing the 3DS version and then Ill wait for the switch one
>>
>>378332624
I want to get it but they aren't going to release it in the west anytime soon.
>>
I'll get it in 2 fucking years or whatever.
>>
looks good but i want to see if they do something special with the switch version

if it's just a downgraded port of the ps4 version then i'll just get the ps4 version
>>
>tfw I'll be buying both PS4 and 3DS versions
>>
Is it coming to the west?
>>
>>378332624
Fucking hype, trying to avoid news on it but fucking sites keep putting all the new stuff in the headlines, game looks fucking gorgeous though if you don't get it on PS4 you're doing yourself a disservice.
>>
>>378334529
Not at the release. We might know more at the E3.
>>
Is there any tactical use for free movement in battles on the PS4 version? Or is it just there for fun?
>>
Reminder that the PS4 version was developed first and the 3DS version is literal afterthought table scraps.
>>
I'll get it on switch
>>
>>378337031
If it's anything like X, you'll be able to push monsters around, which can be a huge advantage in battle.
>>
>>378337031
No info about it i think. From the gameplay video, it's most likely just for fun.
>>
test
>>
>>378332624
I'll definitely pirate it when it comes out.
>>
>>378332624
>crabs face
>Get the fuck off my beach
>>
I like traditional turn based jrpgs. So far they have said nothing if it comes to the west other than "buy our other games you don't like that we released on PC and maybe"
>>
>>378337371
I sure wish I could play X. M-maybe the switch version will be localized!
>>
Don't like any of the character designs. Other than that, looks pretty good.
>>
>>378332624
The battle system is odd. You have free movements but the monsters dont move. It still plays like the classic turn based battles so whats with the free movement?
>>
File: 1495819166973[1].jpg (2KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1495819166973[1].jpg
2KB, 125x125px
>>378332624
Never played a dragon quest game, but if I like dragon ball will I like dragon quest? are the games good?
>>
We’re still trying! [Laughs] It’s a topic we have been thinking about a lot internally: the question of why Final Fantasy is so much more popular than Dragon Quest in the west. […] One thing that does stand out: in Japan the target audience for Dragon Quest is vast. It ranges from primary-school students to people in their 50s. Now, Akira Toriyama’s art style is cartoonish, and in Japan that doesn’t alienate anyone; it’s not seen as childish.

But outside of Japan, I think there’s often a stigma attached to that kind of aesthetic. Now, when an adult tries the game, they will discover that the subject matter is actually quite mature. Nevertheless, players are still left with this disconnect between how the game looks and how it plays. That’s a tension that just doesn’t exist in Japan. What we’re seeing now is that the age of people who are playing is rising. Interest is also increasing. We’re trying to put a lot more effort into promoting overseas the spinoff titles we’ve been working on – Dragon Quest Builders and Dragon Quest Heroes – in order to soften up the ground for Dragon Quest XI.
>>
>>378337912
Dragon Quest is Old School Turn Based RPGs done right
Toriyama's designs shine here more than in DB since his humans are meh and sameface-y, but the monsters are top notch

you should give either DQ5 or 8 a try
>>
Those are some cool graphics. This is what I like to see if someone goes for a cartoon style of look. Still high quality but keeps the cartoon theme.
>>
>>378338278
>why no market doragon kuesto
>"no wan woud rike it"
>why no one know doragon kuesto is a game
>"wakarimasen lol"
>>
>>378337912
The only thing Dragon Ball and Dragon Quest have in common really is the art style. They're pretty different otherwise.
>>
>>378332624
One of the chicks was fucking hot
>>
>>378337778
It's just praying now but at least there is some hope considering they said they would consider it, and their other mmo (final fantasy) was a success
>>
>>378338446
I really don't know what you trying to say but I don't like Minecraft (Dragon Quest Builders) nor do I like this typical game were you slash hundreds of trash mobs (Dragon Quest Heroes).

It's like going to Mc Donalds and asking for the special meat burger but then Mc Donalds is like "Ohhh, you want our special meat burger? Ok we bring over if you first eat our regular meat burger".

fuck those guys
>>
>>378332624
Very much looking forward to it.

Hope we get it as soon as possible.
>>
Feels like it would be hard to play any jrpg after Persona 5, like it would be too big of a step down.
>>
VII on the 3DS is the first DQ I gave a real chance, despite really disliking the same-y human looking character art that I can't stand (I hate Dragonball with a passion).

So, I'm kinda interested, but I would probably prefer a PC version.
And yes, I'm aware that chance of that happening is basically 0.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.