[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scorpio/Microsoft

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 6

File: 1369207488818.png (1MB, 1024x1388px) Image search: [Google]
1369207488818.png
1MB, 1024x1388px
If Microsoft solves its problem with third-party support and fixing first-party games, do they have a stand a chance of winning back ground against Sony? Spec wise the Scorpio looks pretty impressive compared to the PS4 Pro.

Or is it too late for Microsoft for this generation to have a comeback?
>>
if sony can make a comeback with the ps3. microsoft can as well.
>>
>>378326608
I imagine they're taking a page out of Sony's playbook by looking at the PS3's success as a blu-ray media player and that's why the Xbox One S and Scorpio both have 4K Blu-Ray support unlike the PS4 Pro.
>>
>>378326608
>if sony can make a comeback with the ps3. microsoft can as well.

Because the PS3 was actually stronger, and they made it much cheaper through the years.
The scorpio is going to be expensive.
>>
>>378326995
>they made it much cheaper through the years.
lol
>>
>>378327089
>lol

it went from 599 to 299 within 3 years.
>>378326531
>do they have a stand a chance of winning back ground against Sony?

They announced that all of their games are also coming on the PC. Also Phil only wants to force co-op/online only games. The xbox is dead.
>>
I would say that it's too late, but that implies that Microsoft is trying to compete directly with Sony on all fronts which is not true. Microsoft is mostly concerned with the US market, meanwhile the PS4 is catered towards worldwide appeal both in the features and services it has and the way it's marketed.

So I'd say the Xbox has a small chance to beat the PS4 in the US, but it might be too late.

On the other hand, do we know for sure whether the Scorpio is an iteration of the Xbox One or is it actually the Xbox Two(?)
>>
>>378326995
idc microsoft is worth billions they can afford to sell it at a loss
>>
>>378326531
specs mean literally nothing, people who buy consoles do it because of the games they know on that console as well as the consoles their friends buy
MS should be focusing on making the biggest comeback when next gen starts, that's when you win the gen
>>
>>378327369
>meanwhile the PS4 is catered towards worldwide appeal

bullshit. PS4 is marketing CoD, RDR 2, Bungie's Destiny. It doesn't get more American than that.
>>
>>378326531
>do they have a stand a chance of winning back ground against Sony?

Meanwhile in the real world the xbox is getting third place behind the Switch.
>>
>>378327618
Sony has always been Europe first, that's not even up for debate. fifa alone sells millions of consoles every year
>>
>>378327089
The top loader model was what, $250? And we all know what the launch price was.
>>
>>378327618
Those are super popular all over the world. Even the Japanese love CoD.
>>
File: 1495970871819.jpg (1MB, 1964x1934px) Image search: [Google]
1495970871819.jpg
1MB, 1964x1934px
>>378326531
It is literally nothing to do with games. It had a shit start, and thats why it's dead now. Factually normies prefer xbox exclusives.

Only way exclusives would matter is if they somehow got a popular normiecore one the ps4 didn't like battlegrounds
>>
>>378326995
PS3 and 360 were equivalent spec wise. IIRC Xbxo 360 had a slight better GPU and the PS3 had a slightly more powerful CPU with the Cell thing.
>>
>>378328509
>vgchartz

seriously ?
>>
>>378328631
>PS3 and 360 were equivalent spec wise.

not this shit again
>>
>>378326531
loved me some xbawks memes
>>
The CPU will still be a bottleneck, not to mention the lack of exclusives
>>
Microsoft is so wealthy and the stock is growing so fast that they just don't really care about xbox. If they sell scorpio for cheap and get some more games it'll be a success; if it's expensive and doesn't get any games it won't be. Either way microsoft has nothing to worry about. Botnet 10 is a cashcow OS.
>>
>>378326531
No. They've perma-fucked themselves this generation, possibly forever. They're lucky they have Windows to retreat to for PC gaming, but even on there they've gotten their pussy perma-slapped by Valve, and the only way they'll ever stop them is if they do some intense communism and find a way to keep steam off of Windows.

Which they won't do because the shitstorm would be enormous. It's almost sad how just one E3 session single handedly demolished all the ground the 360 gained, despite their policy change afterward.

TL;DR, Microsoft fucked themselves forever.
>>
>>378326531
The fact that it's an American console is what has fucked them over in the long run.
>>378327568
They describe the Scorpio as a "premium" product. Another one of their premium products is those garbage Surface computers that are ridiculously overpriced. It's going to be expensive
>>
>>378331007
reread my comment i said i dont care
>>
>>378328752
How do you know?
>>
>>378328631
they weren't. the 360 had unified shaders, better gpu and the cpu was easier to program for. the 360 had some weird ass split gpu config and the cpu was and still is a mission to program for.
>>
>>378331502
the ps3* had some..
>>
>>378330695
wow it's the ps3 release all over again. literally the same words being said but for a different console.
>>
>>378331502
>>378331583
No one outside of Sony's first party studios gave a shit about the CELL CPU and fucking hated it. Everything else about the 360 sans Blu-Ray capacity it lacked was superior.

>better GPU
>PS3
Ayyyyyy
>>
>>378332002
the ps3 gpu was absolute garbage. also most people didn't know that sony purposely gimped the dev kits for 3rd party studios. they had the idea that the 1st party studios will have all the extra features to make 1st party games look better and thus make the ps3 more attractive. they didn't realize that without those extra features the ps3 was a bitch to code for. they eventually released all the resources to the 3rd party devs but even then it was still hard to code for. sony had an actual dedicated dev team they'd send around the world to help studios with their ps3 ports of games.
>>
>>378331502
The 360's GPU was more powerful, it had twice the VRAM however even when sharing it with the system OS, it had MUCH higher bandwidth which is why its GPU always edged out the PS3's.
>>
xbox one is a tarnished brand
>>
>>378333053
But does that mean the Scorpio is too?
>>
>>378326531
If their new AR/VR headset actually costs $299 then yes, I think they will make a huge comeback.
>>
File: mal.gif (2MB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
mal.gif
2MB, 350x197px
>>378334556
>putting the future of your console in the hands of the VR department
>>
>>378334762
If it turns out as good as the rumors currently sound, then that shit IS the future.
>>
>>378335235
That's an awfully big if from anything relating to Microsoft.
>>
>>378335445
They made big strides in the industry with the OG Xbox so I don't see why it can't happen again.
>>
>>378326531
Since Microsoft entered video games, these started to suck. Everyhing bad in video games is the fault of Microsoft in one way or another.
When Microsoft leaves this market, the new golden era will start.
>>
>>378335806
Wrong
>>
>>378336008
>I wasn't alive before Microsoft entered video games.
>>
>>378326531
Nah they could if they just wanted to fuck with Sony. Basically just release something powerful and just shill the fuck out of it even if it means losing money. Don't kid yourself, most of these people buying these two platforms just do it to play Madden and shit. Will they? I dunno if they care enough.
>>
>>378336076
I had the OG Xbox kid
>>
>>378326531
They can't since they won't try.

Phil spencer is a cuck to sony and nintendo by sucking their dick on twitter everytime a exclusive releases on their consoles.

He doesn't want the xbox to surpass sony or nintendo, only to salvage anything thats left on the xbox name.
>>
http://gematsu.com/2017/02/forza-horizon-developer-playground-games-opens-second-studio-develop-open-world-non-racing-game
>>
Curious about https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nlcdDNOdm8
>>
File: remove marketers.png (814KB, 594x616px) Image search: [Google]
remove marketers.png
814KB, 594x616px
>>378326531
It's not even about games anymore, they get more than Nintendo even on that. It's about lost consumer trust. Microsoft fucked up as a WHOLE COMPANY too many times in a very short span. You cant even deflect and say "WELL THEIR GAMING DEPARTMENT IS SEPARATE REE" etc. Their actions as a whole company reflects on them as a whole.

Everything from Windows 10 being LITERALLY FORCED ON PEOPLE against their will, Windows 10 TRANSPARENTLY being used info farming/stealing, NSA spying through kinect, last generations dead 360 numbers (RROD) being almost literally half of them that were produced until the black Xbox 360 came out, the insane cost of Xbox live for so long, cheap controllers sold at exorbitant prices. Hell, the ransomware they're responsible for in part recently too from making backdoors for the NSA in all their operating systems.

Microsoft has been a blight on electronics and entertainment for years, and it's only gotten worse. People are smartening up and not supporting them anymore. My only fear with them leaving and fucking off from gaming would be a corporation like Apple replacing them. The difference with those 2 companies are, we know Microsofts fuck ups. Apple is 3 times as powerful with much more money. We dont know what they do or what they're capable of and that's a lot more scary.
>>
>>378336717
interesting. i wonder if they're going to be making a reboot of an old xbox game or maybe fable or similar
>>
>>378326531
Their philosophy is fucked. They've allowed all their first party studios to either jump ship or close down so they have the absolute smallest first party support to push their hardware you can imagine. And they still want to gain as much control over the software as possible, which is why Sony slaughtered them at E3 with the PS4.

They need to completely redefine their strategy and build first party support to prop up support for their hardware.
>>
>>378331007
Meh Surface are fine. Bought one in the US while I was there and accounting everything it was €1200+ cheaper than buying it in Europe. They are really overpriced outside of the US
>>
A world where Microsoft fails at anything they try is way more fun than a world where Microsoft succeeds.
They are the Monsanto of Information Technology and they are as dangerous.
Every day with news of Microsoft fucking something up is a great day and should make you smile.
>>
>>378335235
>VR is the future
No, it isn't. That shit is just experimental at best
>>
I just want a blood wake 2 before xbox is dead for good.
>>
>>378337470
I think that will easily change once we have an HMD that is cheaper, offers better comfort, and just has a few games. Microsoft's is planned to:

>be $299
>work on PC and Xbox
>inside-out tracking so no hassle to set up headtracking
>mix AR and VR, so unlike PSVR where you can't see around you ever, you could switch and use AR apps instead

Not sure if it has wireless, but that would seal the deal. And a few games of course.
>>
>>378337226
>Their philosophy is fucked.
They philosophy is creating monopolies by completely destroying markets (competition) and then earn monopoly revenues out of the result.
Microsoft is unable to create competitive products since they exist. Nobody buys anything from Microsoft if there are alternatives.
Microsoft's original Xbox plan was to create home console monopoly similar to what Nintendo did, but thankfully this attempt failed, so they only drove SEGA out of the market.
Their concept doesn't work with competition
>>
>>378337123
It would be far worse in any scenario if Microsoft withdraws from the gaming industry. Not even Sony or Nintendo would want them to be replaced or have the industry directly invaded by Samsung, Apple, etc...

>>378337586
I want a Brute Force sequel/reboot remake. And to see how Crackdown 3 is done, and more Fable, and even maybe a reboot of the Hunter: Reckoning series.
>>
Went through around 5 360s because of their atrocious failure rate, 2013 E3 showed their true colors. The box is dead, bury it.
>>
>>378338970
I only went through one 360 and that was because it was a launch one I got in March 2006. Sad though that the second one also RRoD, got it fixed and then in 2013 it died on me because of the power brick shit just up and dying on me. Worse was the fact I bought a 60 GB HDD to replace the 20 GB one for Agrast Wars.
>>
>>378338970
i'm still on my 2008 360. i left it on for 3 weeks straight once to download gta 5 because i forgot to turn it off and let it do the background downloads. i was on holiday and in for a shock when i got back but it was fine and still works to this day. i played DmC HD collection just yesterday on it.
>>
so wait the GPU on the Xbox Scorpio is almost on par with the 1070? how does the PS4 Pro compare to this?
>>
>>378338195
>only drove SEGA out of the market.

This isn't revisionist history, anon.
Sega jumped ship when the Playstation 2 took the world by storm before the Xbox was even a thing. Then when the Xbox did come to market, do you know who one of their biggest third-party supporters was? SEGA
>>
>>378340138
Yep yep. Xbox had a lot of excellent Sega games too, Panzer Dragoon, Shenmue, etc...
>>
>>378340138
Sega was in bed with Microsoft, before their console business died.
That's what happens to Microsoft's "partners" all the time.
>>
>>378340554
Yes it had totally nothing to do with their inability to sustain their market internationally with the Dreamcast or compete with Nintendo and Sony. It was entirely Microsoft's complete fault that Sega went full retard with their marketing and business strategy that ended up with Sega withdrawing directly from the console market.
>>
>>378340752
Just take a look what Microsoft did to Nokia.
>>
>>378341234
No one cares about Nokia tho
>>
>>378338023
pipe dream, you think a device that combines the technolgy of VR and AR will be priced $300? No that's not realistic in any way shape or form

Plus the technology isn't there, the movement in VR is still not figured out, cue the teleporting garbage that is in plenty of VR games, people are still getting motion sickness from playing games in VR. It's a dumb idea to base a console around such an experimental technology.
>>
>>378341234
nokia was dead even before MS took over. they attempted to revive it but apple and android were light years ahead by that point. the same happened to blackberry. both nokia and blackberry were once market leaders who didn't adjust to the modern times.
>>
>>378341584
>you think a device that combines the technolgy of VR and AR will be priced $300?
Actually, pretty sure it was already announced to be. Look up "Microsoft VR $299"

>the movement in VR is still not figured out
>people are still getting motion sickness from playing games in VR
Capcom just made huge advancements in this department.
>>
>>378341234
They were already sinking before Microsoft.
>>
>>378341234
This will always be a bizarre thing to me. Nokia, like most companies Microsoft is blamed for killing, was dying before Microsoft intervened. Microsoft's intervention is usually when companies are already dying. So why Microsoft is blamed for this shit, ever, I have no idea.
>>
>>378326995
Memes about nogames aside, PS3 had better games than the xbox 360. Xbox One has nothing right now and nothing on the horizon.
>>
>>378326786
Except no one buys or rents physical movie discs anymore right? I don't, my parents don't, none of my friends do. My most recent desktop pc I built I didn't put a disc drive in it and my newest laptop doesn't have one. Trying to use a physical media drive as a selling point in 2017 is just a waste of hardware and something that could have been omitted to reduce the cost of the device.
>>
>>378343240
I couldn't get by without one personally. I backup all my data to bluray.
>>
>>378343240
>Except no one buys or rents physical movie discs anymore right?
I occasionally buy DVDs, but I prefer CDs over them, because their content lasts longer than just two hours.
Bluray I only use for data backup.
>something that could have been omitted to reduce the cost of the device.
You forgot physical video games my friend, these are 70 % of the whole market. Only a complete nutcase would omit physical games from a game console.
>>
>>378335806
Being this underage can't remember Nintendo throwing the whole industry under the bus at senate hearings into violent games. Sega ignoring their western audience to the point of neglect. Sony losing all that customer info along with lengthy psn outages. And pc for introducing expansion packs a precursor to dlc.
>>
>>378343843
>And pc for introducing expansion packs a precursor to dlc.
Microsoft introduced expansion packs with their first successful video game product called Microsoft Flight Simulator.
>>
>>378326531
Scorpio does have a very impressive gpu. I am a little concered about the weak amd Jaguar cores though. Games that are cpu limited won't see much benefit.

They should have just made a new console instead of this stupid half step.
>>
>>378343960
I am pretty sure that blizzard pushed out expansion packs well before ms
>>
>>378345391
Blizzard was founded in 1991

Microsoft Flight Simulator supported add-ons as early as 1983.
>>
>>378343240
I buy DVDs and BDs still so does everyone I know.
>>
>>378336198
And what are you trying to prove with that statement?
>>
>>378331706

PS3 had games to wait for, and got cheaper as time went by. Scorpio is going to be more expensive, and still has no games to justify the price.
>>
>>378348497
Not at launch it didn't though.
>>
>>378348497
it took the ps3 till 2011 to finally be relevant. the gen started in 2006. you do the math.
>>
>>378348497
Its ironic you say this considering the Xbox 360 had a lot better launch and more titles when it came out then the PS3 did with Sony doing similar shit with it like Nintendo with the Switch this year.
>>
>>378331007
>Surface
>garbage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwWs2jIy4js
no it's not.
>>
So with the PS4 Pro out and the Xbox One Scorpio coming out within the year (I assume), will Nintendo follow suit with a mid-generation upgrade for the Switch as well? Also how will this impact the following generation of game consoles? Will this gen be extended longer or will they still come out with the PS5 and Xbox 4 within the next handful of years despite this stuff?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpDNdJUn0TU
>>
>>378351416
I can see PS5 and XBOX 4 around 2019. No idea about the switch.
>>
>>378337413

t. Richard Stallman
>>
>>378342889
https://www.theverge.com/2016/5/25/11766540/microsoft-nokia-acquisition-costs
>9 billion
>>
File: xb.png (2MB, 1049x801px) Image search: [Google]
xb.png
2MB, 1049x801px
will they ever get back the japanese games? i bet all of these would be ps4 exclusive or ps4/pc if they came out today.
>>
>>378354317
Probably not. The xbone is a gaijin machine in Japan. Marines use it to play COD and that's it.
>>
>>378347650
That you are wrong Ahmed
Thread posts: 95
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.