[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Black Desert Online

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

File: black desert online.png (365KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
black desert online.png
365KB, 500x500px
$5.99 on Steam. Is it worth the try? Or is it not worth the time? Reviews say not awesome end game but it looks fun.

How is the sandbox aspect I see being said of the game?
>>
>>378326360
It's fucking pay2win garbage
>>
I think the combat is fun with a controller, but don't expect to play pvp that way.

I enjoy the game but a ton of people on here will shame you for bringing this cash-grab up.
>>
>>378326360
Its only use is to make hot sluts with the character creator.
>>
>>378326360
>Reskinned Archeage that costs money to play
no thanks
>>
>>378326360
For $6 its' not bad.

Once you hit softcap tho it just becomes dull. The other aspects of the game are pretty much pay2win or waiting game.
>>
>>378326681
>Archeage
quick rundown?
>>
>>378326541
I use an MMO mouse with all the buttons on the side so I would mainly use that. Do have a controller in case though.

For $6 doesn't seem bad, I may just try it.

>>378326715
The videos I'm watching say the same thing. May not bother me too much though
>>
It's action combat, crafting is pretty big, taming for horses that have levels. Has some light story with the usual questing.

pvp exists but pointless due to xp grind and
>>378326537
as you can buy yourself better stuff

I think it's a good game to play casually if you avoid the pvp but don't expect to become the best player without noliving & $$
>>
pay2win shit for waifu faggots
browser game tier model pop-in
>>
>>378326360
Not Steam version is on sale too
>>
>>378327928
Good.
I don't like the idea of something or someone keeping track of how many hours I pump into an MMO.
>>
>>378326360
It's pretty nifty, unless you intend to PvP. Very serious pay to win shit there desu. Also massive amounts of grinding once you hit level 50 or so and up to date gear becomes critical.

If those two things don't bother you, definitely give it a try desu. It's pretty, the world is comfy, and it has some fun features that other mmos should steal. Nothing really major but f.ex simple parkour movement with grabbing onto ledges and pulling yourself up nanodesu.
>>
>>378326360
It's pretty fun if you treat it more like a single player open world sandbox RPG and aren't obsessed with trying to be #1.

>>378326537
Not really. Even if you do buy things from the cash shop that people like to say are mandatory for how much convenience they provide you're still spending significantly less overall than you would playing MMOs like WoW.
>>
>>378327641
Get a better PC. It's not pay to win either, so stop memeing.
>>
I enjoyed it the most as a singleplayer game with great ingame communications for a nice community. There's a ton to do, but sometimes you have to search for it. There's supposedly a great guild wars system as well, though I never gave it a chance
>>
OP here, thanks for all the information everyone. I bought it and am going to try it out. Have a good one.
>>
There's a 7 day trial available on their website.
>>
File: 1495917355266.jpg (106KB, 521x567px) Image search: [Google]
1495917355266.jpg
106KB, 521x567px
>tfw no Steam package with maid outfit
Why live?
>>
>>378326360
not available in my country
>>
>>378326360
the combat is alright and the character creator is incredible but there's a lot wrong with it. there's no endgame besides just more grinding. there's a lot of systems and mechanics and they aren't explained very well. but you can play at your own pace and level up doing basically whatever you want. gathering, crafting, quests, grinding mobs. it feels less like an mmo, and more like a single player game with other people around. the marketplace is awful. it's poorly translated and the voice acting is laughably bad. but yeah, it's alright for six dollars.
>>
>>378329097
it's just a shitty korean engine, no in game setting will change that
enjoy the cash shop though
>>
>>378329463
For being shitty it's definitely one of the most beautiful MMOs, if not the most beautiful MMO.
>>
>>378328029
this may be a turn off for you, but you get rewards for being just ingame and keeps track of how long you play, and you also get rewards if you minimize the game into the background too. great for colder winters.
>>
I've got 3 56 characters, not sure I want to make the leap for 58 when they become at least viable for pvp. how is the pvp? castle sieges look like fast-paced ragnarok online WOE chaos
>>
>>378330162
This is exactly why I'm hesitant to get it on Steam.
>>
>>378329561
I'd rather play on mid and have a decent draw distance
>>
>>378326360
why dont you fuckin try the trial 7 days b4 buying it
>>
>>378329219
count the minutes, you cannot refound it after 2 hours
>>
>>378329561

you literally cant see shit becuz of trees and grass
>>
So what's the /v/erdict?
>>
>>378330883
So you do have a bad PC and that's why you don't like it.

>>378331567
So just like real life.
>>
>>378332697
as I said you can't change it in the settings
>>
Just picked it up. Heard about the pay2win but I'm just looking at something to dabble in casually, and seeing as it gives you benefit even while offline, it seemed interesting.
>>
File: 2017-05-27_13291343.jpg (574KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-27_13291343.jpg
574KB, 1920x1080px
I only bought this cause of striker.
>>
>>378326715
>Once you hit softcap
What does that even mean?
>>
how does afk rewards work when you can get pk'd starting at lv 45
>>
File: alsdfj.gif (2MB, 361x150px) Image search: [Google]
alsdfj.gif
2MB, 361x150px
>>378329097
>It's not pay to win either
>>
Apparently I need a pet for combat not to be tedious shit.

Is it cheaper to buy the adventurers pack for the pet and the mount? How long will I have to play before I can get a pet and mount in game, or how much would I have to pay on cash shop?
>>
>>378326360
how big you can make the girl ass in this game?
>>
Unless you live on the west coast then I hope you enjoy constant lag and 110 ping.
>>
>>378332660
garbage
>>
>>378333898
They give you a mount really early into the game just following the basic quests.
>>
how is the ERP
>>
>>378334292
You know the answer to this already.

>not big enough
>>
>They've gone from shilling in XIV threads to making their own
So this is the power... of P2W Korean devs...
>>
>>378327017
Pvp is 60% of the game though.
Without it you're just doing boring, simple minigames and grinding mobs that can barely fight back for endless hours.
>>
>>378328718
>nanodesu
>>
Im more interested in Tera next generation of mmo i really enjoyed reaper gameplay.
>>
>>378335417
well he's getting a buff in the next patch but his teleport is still bad
>>
>>378335417
Isn't Tera dead? I just want a fun game to play.
>>
Have they fixed the graphics.
I remember this game being a huge ugly pile of shit.
The people, trees, grass, the monsters, all popping in and out of their high poly/low poly forms regardless of settings.

Ugly smeared turd with shit AA locked into pop-in graphic hell.

If the game is actually pretty now I might play it again.
Shit was making my eyes bleed before.
>>
>>378326360
its shit
i made a new character, I have no idea wtf to do because the game is confusing as fuck.
It doesnt tell you about skills and that retarded shadow with red eyes is still on screen telling me that the minimap is on top right corner
On top of that, I passed 4hrs so I cant refund it
>>
>>378333459
Softcaps are sudden diminishing returns, like when the XP requirements for leveling suddenly jump up to five times the previous level while enemy XP stays the same.
>>
>>378336153
I think ff14 is for you, go there, make a cat or lalafell character or a roe if you're on the gay side, start crafting so you can buy slutglam and dance around in town centers. Then, do raids before major expansions when devs give you a 15% boost to your damage and health.
>>
>>378326779
P2W korean grindfest done well
>>
>>378336153
Git gud casul.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.