[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any other true FFVII fans not looking forward to this? I feel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 332
Thread images: 44

File: final-fantasy-vii-hd.jpg (73KB, 640x437px) Image search: [Google]
final-fantasy-vii-hd.jpg
73KB, 640x437px
Any other true FFVII fans not looking forward to this? I feel like the only ones who care about it are nu-Square fans Nomura fags. The ones who's first Square games were Kingdom Hearts. They changed everything about the original game. Might as well not call it Final Fantasy VII anymore. I don't understand why Square is wasting time and money on this and putting that effort towards other projects.
>>
I played the compilation and thought it was all terrible yet saw and still see people giving it high praise. That's when I knew I wasn't the target audience any more, and I can live with that. In the end the original will be its own thing again and this remake can be the new canon along with Crisis Core and all that garbage.
>>
>>378325209
I'm not because I think FF7 sucks ass, and I want nothing to do with it in any flavor. On the other hand there's a faint sort of optimism, because as bad as the original was there's a lot of room for improvement and maybe they'll scrounge up enough of it to redeem the game to some degree. It's also guaranteed to make some segment of the original xXSephirotcloud420Xx fans begin wailing and gnashing their teeth, so their shrieks of anguish will sustain me.
>>
I don't care cause i will be a grandfather before it see the light
>>
>>378325209
I don't think it's gonna be great, but I'm not kidding anyone. I'm going to play it.

It'll be cool to see the updated visuals. The game is pretty much perfect already though, no way they're gonna top it.
>>
File: touchme.gif (182KB, 226x224px) Image search: [Google]
touchme.gif
182KB, 226x224px
>>378325209
I'm looking forward to this.
>>
>>378325209
I'm not looking forward to it because I had hoped they would make a loving tribute to a game the spawned so much joy, game culture, and brand loyalty to both sony and final fantasy.

Instead they are going full jew. Video games are not art.
>>
>>378325209
I'm such a true fan of this company I no longer acknowledge its existence.
>>
>>378325209

>ny other true FFVII fans not looking forward to this? I feel like the only ones who care about it are nu-Square fans Nomura fags

i bought it when it came out and fuck you i'm excited.
>>
>true
>>
I'm not looking forward to it, but
>true FFVII fans
get over yourself
>>
>>378325209

>They changed everything about the original game. Might as well not call it Final Fantasy VII anymore

imagine if another developer made the final fantasy vii remake and called it a different name. would they likely be sued? yes, so clearly they haven't changed everything about the original game you blundering fucklump
>>
I'm just curious how they'll do the memory and lifestream scenes.

Otherwise I have no interest in buying it.
>>
I'm looking forward to the shitstorm and the shitpostings.
>>
>>378327418
Stop gamershaming him you filthy casual
>>
The only thing which is putting the brakes on my hype train is the episodic bullshit.
>>
>>378325209
As a Final Fantasy fan I stopped caring about SE after X
>>
File: main.png (134KB, 362x465px) Image search: [Google]
main.png
134KB, 362x465px
>>378325209
I've played FF7 on launch back in 1997. I'm very disappointed in how Cloud looks.
The lack of any info since the first trailer, and the episodic releases aren't promising either.
It looks like the FF7:remake has been outsourced to some no-name company, or a B-team of Square-Enix, so there's not much hope in this.
I'm not too worried about the story, but then again, if they bruteforce Genesis, and the other Crisis Core/Before Crisis/Dirge of Cerberus shit, it's doomed.
>>
I was excited until I saw they ruined the combat. I've heard they're making it like XV—enormous let down.
>>
>>378325209
I liked this game when I played it back when it was new in the first playstation, it was okay for one full playthrough. Couldn't give any less of a fuck for this travesty of a game remake that uses FFXV combat
>>
>>378325209

>using FFXV half baked "not action/not turn based" combat system
>modern nomura
>"lol maybe we will release part 1 in 3 years?"

you are an idiot if you are excited for this
>>
>>378329059
Maybe stop believing everything you read on /v/, not everything that looks like realtime is XV
>>
File: FFVIIR_Cloud.jpg (93KB, 1000x675px) Image search: [Google]
FFVIIR_Cloud.jpg
93KB, 1000x675px
>>378328980
Looks pretty faithful to me senpai
>>
>>378329276
>lol maybe we will release part 1 in 3 years?
Fuck off you retard. The statement was about all their next AAA games for the next fiscal years. Which also includes the Marvel game that just started development and shit and it said within, not in.
Kh3 is probabyl 2018, 7R 2019 and the rest 2020
>>
File: Early_AdventChildren_Cloud.png (443KB, 708x688px) Image search: [Google]
Early_AdventChildren_Cloud.png
443KB, 708x688px
>>378329318
gotta also remember Cloud's model change a lot during AC
>>
>>378329318
h-how dare you!
>>
>>378325209
They brought back the old Buster Sword.

Maybe they're actually getting it.
>>
File: Mobius_Cloud.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Mobius_Cloud.png
2MB, 1280x720px
>>378329551
and it's started to see some change throughout the Remake as well. That's if Mobius is still using the same model but scaled down.

The final version of Cloud could look completely different to the initial reveal.
>>
I'm looking forward to watching a talk free let's play of it when it comes out. Should prove to be comfy as fuck.
>>
>>378325209
I played the ps3 version of ffvii for like 7 hours, I thought it was shit. I will probably enjoy this game
>>
>>378326119
>FF7 sucks meme

You can't give one legitimate, justifiable reason that everyone should dislike the game.
>>
>>378330017
He probably lost to some guy with the name xXSephirotcloud420Xx and needs to vent his anger
>>
>>378330017
>I think it sucks
>GIVE ME ONE REASON EVERYONE SHOULD DISLIKE IT
Not even him, but you're a fag
>>
>>378325209

The remake should have happened 10 years ago, I at least cared then.

Now, especially with it not being turn based, I could give a fuck less. I still remember playing 7 on my ps1 with my friend and those were good times. Dont see any reason to go play this shit especially since its being cut up into 2 games for no real reason except to make even more money.

Also lets be real here, 7's story and the game wasnt so insane to actually demand this much hype 20 years later. 8 and even 9 are better games and the only reason why 7 is hyped up at all is because its babby's first jrpg at the time. People who are now nearing their 30s mind you.
>>
>>378325209
Very mixed feelings about it. After seeing what with Advent Children, Crisis Core, etc I'm sure they will only ruin it further. Japan has fetish for laying waste to their old greatness these days.

At the same time though, it's a FF7 remake so idk if I can pass it up.
>>
>>378330017
Not the same anon, but I played a lot of FF before VII.
I started with IV, then IX, V, VIII, VI and finally VII.

I just can't enjoy the Materia mechanics, that require a lot of farming (and levels) to max them out.
Also I feel like the game is just really similar to VI.
I just can't enjoy the game, and I'm trying to do it.
>>
File: 1467478147119.jpg (97KB, 692x692px) Image search: [Google]
1467478147119.jpg
97KB, 692x692px
>>378325209
Get cucked loser. Reminds me of those arenafags that never stop bitching about modern fps being so shit yet when somebody panders to them with something that they should be wetting themselves over for finally comes out it never even gets to take off, cause none of them are buying it.

I'm glad you puristfags are getting cucked and ignored. Shoo shoo.
>>
>>378330109
Proving my point. Just like I said, you can't do it.
>>
>>378325209
I really want to see what they're doing with the Honeybee Inn.

Other than that it really depends on how many truly playable characters we get. If it's just Cloud then I'll pass.
>>
>>378330614
I love FFVII, but the materia leveling is a legitimate criticism and I understand. I had to grind for quite a while to get the x2 materia up to x4, but it's nothing to hate the game over.
>>
>>378330667
YEA NO SHIT
SOME PEOPLE LIKE SOME THINGS THAT OTHERS DON'T
why are you being retarded
I can start a thread about literally any game saying
>You can't give one legitimate, justifiable reason that everyone should dislike the game.
and argue that the game shouldn't be disliked by everybody
>>
I want to know who the voice cast is.
>>
>>378325209
I´ve never played ff7. I don´t give a shit about FF7.

I am mad that nomura is making this game. Instead of TWEWY, instead of finishing kh3 or just making a complete new game. We have him doing fucking FF7, because some fucking normies think this game is super cool.

They are the same shit like genwunners in Pokemon.
>>
>>378330887
You need to be 18 to post here.
>>
>>378331167
Gud 1 u got me xD
>>
Personally, and I kind of feel like I shouldn't have an opinion here, but I'm not excited at all. I stopped playing FF at XII. I saw a friend play XIII when it first came out and knew I was done with where the new games were going. I knew I was no longer the target audience and that's fine, I still think the original is very playable and will always have that to go to.
>>
>>378331261
Proving my point.
>>
>>378330614
why would you grind the materia? as long as you've been leveling it up from early on it should always be powerful enough to carry you through the game whether you ever stop to grind or not.
>>
>>378331360
Yep I concede, ff7 is a masterpiece that should be loved by everybody. If you don't like it, you're lying
>>
>>378331123
>why do people like this game I never played
If you liked TWEWY you'd probably like FF7 too.
>>
>>378330614
If you play the game with mainly double growth weapons and armour as you go your materia should grow fairly quick. You don't require any materia to beat anything in the game. Your limit breaks are more than enough to finish any bosses or enemies who stand in your way. Just buy a few hypers and poof. As for farming, if you just hold off until the end and fight Movers with your triple-AP weapons you can master any materia in like 30 minutes.
>>
>>378331478
Continuing to prove my point.
>>
>>378325209
true FFVII fans. I played the game when I was 9 years old back in '99 and the game remains one of my all time favorites. So fuck you.

I'm very excited because I'm not an autist who needs it to be exactly the same as the original. I'm looking for this remake to be a different experience. As long as Tifa's tits are huge, Jenova's scenes are horror-centric, and they don't split the whole game into more than 3 parts, I'll remain excited.
>>
File: noctis.jpg (389KB, 1280x714px) Image search: [Google]
noctis.jpg
389KB, 1280x714px
>>378329318
Squares character designs don't translate will to highly detailed gaming.

Cloud worked in FFVII on the PS1 because it was blocky, low-poly shit... but charming in its own way. Similar story for the sprite based games. Your mind filled in most of the details to give the character life... what was represented on screen in actuality was little more than an avatar.

Now, everything is presented for you in crisp, high-resolution detail-- your brain no longer has to be imaginative in the slightest when dealing with character models. Square lost badly during this transition because their detailed character models are always laughable as fuck.

Pic related: regardless of any of the merits the character may or [likely] may not have... how the fuck are you supposed to take this seriously.... to relate?
>>
>>378325209
>true fans

What did he mean by this?
>>
File: 1495232519915.gif (878KB, 500x505px) Image search: [Google]
1495232519915.gif
878KB, 500x505px
I literally don't understand why half of the characters are in your party.

Yuffie steal from you, then is she kidnapped and you save her, the prove her worthy of a party slot.
Cait Sith is literally a kidnapper and even after he turn into a good guy, he still refuse to tell you were their are.
Cid is my favorite character, but you stole his plane and then he become a permanent memeber of the party, what?

Vincent is the token character, he is okay but every game has token characters.
>>
>>378331780
They do when they don't go for full realism, imo Cloud still works well because of the whole setting and most Dissidia characters translate pretty well
>>
>>378325209

Lost massive interest once I heard it was strait up action.
>>
>>378331820
You might want to work on understanding English before you worry about understanding a video game.
>>
>>378325209
I'm going to wait for 20 years to see knights of the round with good graphics.

better be worth it
>>
>>378325209
They shouldn't be making it without Sakaguchi.
Nomura FF is a known quantity. (Shit)
>>
>>378328578
Fucking this. I think I can handle a three part split if they really do make the totality of the experience as big as they're implying. If it's like 5-12 parts though I'm gonna be real disappointed and probably just play up until you're outta Midgar.
>>
>>378325209

Anyone who calls themselves a "true fan" of something to distinguish themselves from what they consider to be "not true fans" based on some arbitrary qualifier is a fucking autist whose opinions will never be taken seriously.

Just a heads up.
>>
>>378325209
>They changed everything about the original game

Almost like its called a remake. But yeah i look forward to the game, want to know why? Because i want to see where they are going with it, i already love the original and i know nothing can beat it, especially since they turned away from turn based combat. But hey, a remake is a remake, not like sitting there and complaining is gonna do anything.
>>
>>378329059
More like KH than XV.
>>
>>378331919
I'm always working on it.
>>
>Remember Snake, this is a sneaking mission. Try not to get caught.
>>
>>378331167
lol how is that an appropriate response to that post, he just blew you the fuck out
>>
>>378327257

Honest question, what makes anyone a "true fan" of squeenix? They've been botching final fantasy for years, except for the MMO which most people seem to like, and I don't know what else they've been doing as a developer. I guess Dragon Quest is still pretty quality, generally speaking. DQB and DQH are good games. Is it just good will? Or is it their work as a publisher?
>>
>>378332119
Remake used to mean making a new game with the same design. FF4 DS was a remake. This new shit is a reimagining and Nomura is a hack.
>>
>>378325209
>I don't understand why Square is wasting time and money on this and putting that effort towards other projects.
Because the years and years of idiots demanding a remake. Don't get me wrong I couldn't care less about this remake but the plebs have been demanding it for nearly a decade because muh grafix.
>>
>>378325209
Everything after 9 (except maybe theatrythm or the psp remakes) makes it VERY hard for me to get hyped about anything FF.
>>
>>378325209
It's a massive fucking pitfall anyways. There are a lot of classics that I love, and I can't fathom why I'd want a company to waste money, time, and talent remaking any of them over just creating something new.

Honestly, FF7 has always been a pretty good game, that deserves a lot of credit for what it was when it came out, but is super overrated. That and the fanbase is filled with rabid monkeys incapable of seeing the flaws prevalent in the game. I'm looking forward to seeing the chaos of this games release. Hopefully the gaming community will learn something from it.

Who am I kidding, nobody is gonna learn shit and everyone is fucking retarded.
>>
Where is MUH Tifa? I need to know her assets before deciding it was shit or not
>>
>>378325209
The only people still excited for this are "muh childhood bruhs like if you had a childhood" youtubers who barely played the original.
>>
>>378327701
What the fuck does this post even mean.
>>
>>378325209
I hope they get clouds personality right.

How he acts throughout the game will make or break the story since hes gong to be in high fidelity with actual emotions on screen.
>>
>>378332284
>how is that an appropriate response

Because you do need to be 18 to post here and he is not. I can tell by the way he types.
>>
>>378325209
it was a trailer made so dum dums like you could yell that sony won that years e3
>>
>>378327701
Imagine being this autistic.
>>
>>378331820
That's unfortunately how 95% of JRPGs function. It's not just the people you named, either. Why was Tifa in your party? She's a fucking bartender who punches things. Does she really have any qualifications that allow her to measure up to the position of saving the fucking world? Aeris? "But her heritage!~". No, living in shitty slums and having the right blood flowing through your veins does not immediately make you a staff twirling maiden of death.

JRPGs cloud their games with characters who have no reason to be in a position to attempt accomplishing what their goals are. But hey, who are we to tell the quirky 13 year old boy with a female VA who sees the protagonist as an older brother figure that he can't fight as good as professional soldiers, or beasts ten times his size?

Seriously, this is why people can't stand most of these games.
>>
>>378333224
That's from the PSX trailer dumb namefag
>>
>>378333173
How does this make you feel?

http://gematsu.com/2017/02/final-fantasy-vii-remake-main-story-voice-recording-almost-complete
>Fans may have the image of the Cloud from Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, but since this is the ‘prime’ Cloud from before Advent Children, the performance may feel fresh.
>>
>>378325209
>true FFVII fans
Depends on who you consider a true fan, I guess?

I've played FF7 at least once a year since its debut 1997. Know the game better than I do any other. Able to clear it in 12 hours while also able to "100%" it without the use of a guide or anything.

Super looking forward to the remake and hope that at least some of the laundry list of changes/additions I'd like to see, make it in.
>>
>>378333425
Good?

The thing i'm worried about is them not being able to show clouds transformations through his various mental states.

Like what if they decide "prime" cloud is just merc cloud the entire game. Not good
>>
>>378325209
>waited a bajillion years for not even the full game, just one fucking disc
SE can fuck itself .
>>
File: Cloudno.png (73KB, 200x233px) Image search: [Google]
Cloudno.png
73KB, 200x233px
>>378325209
Final fantasy fan since 1992 here, I've been cautiously watching it since announcement but every little thing I hear about it just makes me think its nothing but kingdom hearts fanservice, and all official material we know about it confirms this.

There's no excuse for basically ignoring and shitting on the source material. A remake isn't supposed to be a deconstruction of the original title, that's a reboot. A remake remakes the original title to bring it up to speed of the current generation, See resident evil 1 remake on gamecube.

FF7R completely abandons the old game, shits on its formula, tells you you're getting a hack n slash in a episodically released game despite that we all know it back to front, and that you're "GOING TO LIKE IT". Well I wont buy it, I wont pirate it, I wont even watch it on youtube. It's a disgrace to the franchise and especially to FF7 and it's not even anywhere near release yet.

I honest to god did not expect a 1:1 graphical upgrade only, I expected and wanted some change. Reason being because I completely played FF7 back to front so many times I'm tired of it. However, Change does NOT have to beget complete disrespect for the source material it comes from. There's many things that could have been changed to make a already 10/10 experience a complete blow out. The only thing they're accomplishing with what they're doing with this is catering to the new gen fucking ADHD babies who want another KH fagfest.

I hope a fan gets upset enough to snipe Nomura, I really do.
>>
>true FFVII fans

Dumbass. I'm looking forward to taking cover instead of just standing there and getting shot.
>>
>>378333215
>You're wrong and I win because I don't like how you typed your argument
Genius, I'm using this from now on!
>>
>>378333954
Again, you need to be 18 to post here.
>>
>>378334034
>>
>>378333657
That sounds awful when you take into account that its an RPG and that you'll be doing it over and over through hundred of mostly meaningless battles. This is why turn-based is supreme, your full attention is required 100% of the time, nevermind not having to be constantly pressing buttons or the control stick. That shits going to get really draining/tiring really quickly. It will look "cool" for the first dozen battles and once that's worn off you'll simply be left feeling... fuck.
>>
>true fans
Jesus, why is it only allowed to like one thing here
>>
>>378330017
>>
File: DAgtSOOWsAAxZCm.jpg (32KB, 478x388px) Image search: [Google]
DAgtSOOWsAAxZCm.jpg
32KB, 478x388px
>>378334124
>This is why turn-based is supreme, your full attention is required 100% of the time
>>
>>378325209
Its a remake of the story, not the gameplay.
>>
How is anyone okay with the fact SE is going to release a renake of 1/3 of the fucking game it's remaking? What is even the point if people to wait another million years after they finish Midgar?
>>
File: cissnei.jpg (76KB, 755x1057px) Image search: [Google]
cissnei.jpg
76KB, 755x1057px
>yfw she returns as an optional party member to recruit
>>
>>378325209
My interest went away immediately when I found out they changed the battle system.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUY6uc4w3Zw

>tech demo was better
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
>>
>>378334419
nope
>>
>>378334112
>>378334204
You should probably stop posting then.
>>
>>378334228
Oh no. I did a typo. Now my point has fallen completely flat!
>>
>>378325209

It's a different game with the same story. I like ARPGs but FFVII isn't an ARPG. It's a menu/ATB based JRPG. Changing that fundamentally makes it something different.

If I pick it up, it'll be at a steep discount but I just don't have much interest in FFXV with a FFVII skin.
>>
>>378334354
FF7 remake has an action gameplay, nothing like the previous one.
>>
>>378325209
My first square game was final fantasy 1 and I'll likely give this a shot. You're a nu-square fan to me to be honest.
>>
>>378334124
Jesus christ, is it really to hard for you to press a few buttons?
>>
>>378334572
that's what I said?
>>
>>378328209
Stop being such a faggot, ya cringy nerd
>>
FFVII fans are nu-square fans.
>>
>>378334508
>he desprately wants the last word in the argument
>>
i never even wanted an ff7 remake the game is great how it is so no totaly not excited and actually mad that this takes up development time from kh 3
>>
File: fact.jpg (15KB, 206x180px) Image search: [Google]
fact.jpg
15KB, 206x180px
>>378334816
This does not take up development time from kh 3
>>
>>378334805
>You need to be 18 to post here
>>
>>378334124
You're crazy if you don't think most final fantasies just involve mashing attack with the odd spell between bosses. Full attention my ass. And on top of that most of you probably play on wait which just makes it even easier.
>>
>>378334598
If I want to do that I'll play Viewtiful Joe, or Gunvolt, or God Hand. Difference with those it: each stage is short with a set number of encounters, far below the amount you'd come across in your average RPG dungeon.
>>
>>378334816
It has nothing to do with KH3 and that is going to be shit anyway, no way they can fix that mess of a plot
>>
>>378325209
Speak for yourself faggot. I grew up in the PS1 era playing games like FF7 and it is one of my favorite games and the game being remaked is a godsend only TRUE FANS will appreciate.

I really don't understand why people here are so afraid of CHANGE and this is not even a change because the original version is still here.

Food analogy time because I know most in /v/ are fat fucks. You should look at it this way. "They are offering a new version of the burger I love". Instead of having an open mind and checking if it is good, okay or not, what you're doing is REE-ing all over the counter because you want your burger place to not offer any new burgers except the one you love.
>>
>>378325209
I'd much rather see them completely modernize it like this, the original is very much playable and fun.
>>
>>378334972
The difference is that while being realtime the gameplay won't be hard at all. You'll still be pressing the attack button most of the time like in turn based games, unless they add a critical mode or something
>>
>>378331497
It´s not about why do people like this game. It´s more about, why do they get nomura behind this.

Nomura will now be completly busy with this shit. Instead of making a complete new FF, which he always wanted, we get one everyone already knows. I still didn´t played ffxv, eventhough I got every spoiler possible, so I can´t tell how nomura wanted versus.

But regardless I would rather have a new series/franchise of him instead of him working 10 years on ffvii. Now we will never get a proper TWEWY sequel.
>>
>>378334871
Ff7 sucks ass get over it
>>
>>378335024
>playing kh for the plot

your fault there buddo

i couldnt care if a bajillion xehanorts fight a bajillion soras at the same time aslong as it looks and plays good
>>
>>378335030
What if they sell me a third of the burger at full price and when I'm about to buy it they say I'll have to wait 5 years but hey there's a burger cinematic trailer to keep me entertained?
>>
Alright how many of you fags still think cloud is a gay hero?

You know hes not a strong independent black woman right?
>>
>>378335093
>>
I never thought I'd see such blatant trolling as I have in this thread. Step away from the computer, drop the ham sandwich and back the FRACK off, gaijin. I hate to use that word but you've made me that serious. As hard as it may be for
you to fathom, some of us here are actual fans of the Final Fantasy series (pre FFX) and Square's work in general. You can try to bash me becuase I happen to be a dedicated fan of perhaps the most poignant, painstakingly woven tapestry of love, loss and vengeance ever to pen put from pen to paper, but you would fail, just like all you flamers do in real life. Who can say that the minds at Square Enix (note: appropriate portmanteau is SQUENIX, not the laughable SQUEENIX)were it not inspired by the works of William Shakespeare or Chuck Palahniuk? Cloud's bastard sword has more akin with the bastard sons of Macbeth than it does to any armament or basilard of the time. The Honey Bee Club in Midgar reminds me more of the Fight Clubs than any brothel. So please, use your brains, not your sarcasm, and step up to the intellectual plate, or leave this forum and take your "Haterade" with you.
>>
>>378335169
What if your analogy is wrong because it's not that kind of episodic?

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2016/04/11/final-fantasy-vii-remake-interview-game-informer.aspx
>So, if we’re just looking at each of these parts, one part should be on par with the scale of one Final Fantasy XIII game

>inb4 b-buh muh story
You don't need a story to enjoy a burger
>>
>>378335093
the final fantasy 7 is overrated meme is SOOOOOO 2010

yeah we get it you have cried for 15+ fucking years about it and no we do not give a shit please cry more
>>
>>378335193
>You need to be 18 to post here
I'm bored and am going to go play tag in the park, you can have the last word, that means you won right?
>>
>>378335379
>you don't need story to enjoy a video game
Too bad that video games are not burgers
>>
Edgy emo protagonist are the fukin worst. Cloud should kill himself.
>>
>>378325209
>Any other true FFVII fans not looking forward to this?
90% of FF7 fans aren't looking forward to it.
The new battle system is a massive downgrade.
>>
>>378335454
>Not even denying that he's underage
Nice. Don't come back until you're 18.
>>
>>378335063
>You'll still be pressing the attack button
That's one button with a good amount of downtime between the next time you'll need to press it, or anything else. In action games/rpgs you're expected to be on the move all of the time.
>>
Everything's a meme with you people.
I bet someone will call this post a meme, too.
>>
>>378335551
> i didnt actually play the game and just watched egoraptors video on it lol
>>
>>378335379
>it's not that kind of episodic

What are you even talking about
>>
>>378333954
>argument
There was no argument.

>>378330017
>everyone
Not everyone, but FF 7 definitely has some points that can be made.
The character models are insanely ugly. Even by PS1 standards.

Eventhough I think turn-based is far, far, far superior to the garbage that we got after 10 (which perfected the FF battle system formula imo), you can dislike the game because you find the fights tedious.
>>
>>378335551
>i'm too dumb to get the story

Clouds just an insecure kid with big dreams
>>
>>378335931

look mate i dislike fighting and strategy games but i dont go to evo and tell everybody about how much i hate fighting games because iam not a fucking faggot who needs to rub his uneeded opinion under everybodys noses

turn based battles are fine and if you dont like them just leave
>>
>>378335931
>it's bad because the graphics are outdated
>>
>>378335842
To continue the trend of food analogies, imagine your favourite burger joint adds a set of 3 new burgers to the menu based on their most popular burger. They're not going to sell you 1/3 of a burger after all.
>>
>>378325209
I loved VII. I mean it completely changed how I looked at games and media. To a 12 year old me, it was an experience. I understand the hesitant feeling towards this game. Yeah it will probably focus too solely on being moody and a lot of the greatness the was VII will be overshadowed by new graphics and/or filler.

But god damn Ive been waiting for this for a loooong time, and its actually happening. I am beside myself to see all the characters again in almost realistic graphics especially Tifa all the cool environments and events. Even if its not so great I know Square and Normura are going to take this seriously and they will try and capture even a little of the magic that the original had, and that has me hyped as shit. Plus the combat actually looks pretty cool so, I'll definitely give it a shot

TL:DR Yeah Ill play it for the nostalgia and maybe it will turn out okay
>>
FF-XIII: hallway simulator
FF-XIII2: lol
Lighting Returns: lol wut
FF-XV: unfinished mess
FF7R: ???
>>
>>378336143
KH-like combat is fine, if you don't like it just leave
>>
>>378336258
>hurr muh analogies
Way to look like a retard

How is it not episodic in the same way when they are literally not including the full game this is supposedly a "remake" of
>>
>>378336143
>turn based battles are fine and if you dont like them just leave
Read:
>>378335931
>Eventhough I think turn-based is far, far, far superior to the garbage that we got after 10

FF7 is arguably a rather slow turn-based game, especially when compared to more recent JRPGs with turn-based systems.
>>
File: 1494945865042.jpg (77KB, 640x1067px) Image search: [Google]
1494945865042.jpg
77KB, 640x1067px
>>378336313
>FF7R: Masterpiece.
>>
>>378336313
I liked all of those better than FF10 to be honest.
>>
>>378336320
well yes it is

i dont give a shit about the ff7 remake they already made the game i loved years ago the remake can be a big pilling shitheep i could still play the original ff7 if i want
>>
>>378336385
*raped masterpiece
>>
>>378325209
I sure loved those textureless, monocolor, blockhand characters.
This shit is ugly as fuck. Should have stayed 2D.
>>
>>378325209
They already destroyed FF7.

>FF7 tells an epic story about the demise of a godlike being through a genetic experiment that overcame its influence
>10 years later - "LEL ACTUALLY IT WAS ALL LE GAY BOY ZACK WHO WAS THE HERO, ALSO THERE WERE OTHER SEPHIROTHS AND ALSO A BUNCH OF JENOVA'S WITNESSES IN STYLISH TRENCH COATS. ALSO THE BUSTER SWORD IS NOW SUPER AMAZING AND WAS ACTUALLY LIKE 50 SWORDS THE WHOLE TIME! AND CLOUD CAN FLY. AND HES SUPER DEPRESSED AND BADASS WITH OAKLEYS. OH YEAH AND THERE WAS CUTE GIRL TURKS AND BARRET HAD CORNROWS. GEOSTIGMA, TIFA WITH SMALL TITS, AND GAKT IS NOW A CHARACTER. WEW. WEW. WEEEEEEEEEEW.
>WHAT ELSE CAN WE FUCK UP, GUYS?
>10 years later still
>LET'S REMAKE THE ACTUAL FF7 BUT RETCON EVERY ASSPULL WE CAN THINK OF INTO THE STORY. LET'S JUST UTTERLY KILL FF7! IT WILL BE GREAT FOR THE FRANCHISE!
>>
File: Unknown_2_FF7.png (68KB, 450x442px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown_2_FF7.png
68KB, 450x442px
Post favorite enemies.

I swear, all the weird and grotesque shit better stay in the remake.
>>
stop liking things pls
>>
>>378329318
Personally after seeing this Cloud and even Barrett, I'm actually more hyped to see the other, I feel like theyre trying to do them justice.

I'm glad Nomura is sticking more towards his old designs instead of redesigning them again with even more belts
>>
>needing 5 years to release the first "episode" of a remake of a 20 year old game

Why is Nomura such a fucking hack?
>>
>>378336589
Half of what you said is right.

The rest is poor reading. Go play FF7 again, a lot of AC isnt far off from what is in game.
>>
>>378336385

After all those years, you really believe modern SE can pull that off ?
>>
>>378329772
His arms look less anorexic
>>
File: ff7 is gorgeous .jpg (894KB, 1898x1368px) Image search: [Google]
ff7 is gorgeous .jpg
894KB, 1898x1368px
FF7:
>Anime from the last 20 years is cool. Let's condense all the cool shit down in one game and give it to you

FF7 Remake:
>Yeah, let's drop all that for a bland lifeless realistic boring world devoid of color.
>>
>>378336589
Most of that shit is in the game itself, you must have played it as a kid and missed 2/3rds of the story.
>>
File: 344qfdx.png (250KB, 640x392px) Image search: [Google]
344qfdx.png
250KB, 640x392px
>ff7 fans this butthurt over a few posters not liking their game
>>
File: master tonberry.png (52KB, 300x565px) Image search: [Google]
master tonberry.png
52KB, 300x565px
>>378336624
I love how he's cute and terrifying at the same time.
>>
>>378333425
I just have not yet heard Steve Burton do anything besides mopey Cloud. I hope he surprises me
>>
>>378336728
>>378336791
I just replayed it last year. What was off about that, unless you're both just being underage shitters who came into FF7 with watching AC?
>>
>>378336723
>5 years
>>
>>378336865
>>
>>378333529
>I've played FF7 at least once a year since its debut 1997

muh nig
>>
>>378336786
If Square could've done it at the time they'd have done it.
>>
File: 1491246679735.jpg (90KB, 701x728px) Image search: [Google]
1491246679735.jpg
90KB, 701x728px
>true FFVII fans
>>
>>378334419
No

But I think it would be acceptable that she cameos in a side mission
>>
calling yourself a 'true fan' just shows how much of a colossal faggot you are.
>>
>>378336952
I played it last year as well fagboi.

3rd time I went for everything, 5th total playthrough since its pretty lacking in content after the highwind.
>>
>>378337065

Square's obsession with realistic art styles happennd much later. FF8 for instance, has a much more realistic art style than FF7.
>>
>>378325209
Cool story, bro
>>
File: ohshi.jpg (63KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ohshi.jpg
63KB, 640x480px
If you can't replicate this situation in the game, it's shit.
>>
>>378336952
I'm older than you and started with ff1. Zack was always the hero, it shows this in the lifestream flashbacks. Sephiroth was always "dead" the whole time and manipulating things from the lifestream. The buster sword is still the buster sword, even AC shows him leave it as a grave marker.
>>
>>378336385
Return to former glory, just like the prophecies foretold
>>
Well I haven't seen a remake I've liked yet so my hopes are low.
>>
>>378325209
So serious, bro. I love FFVII and after playing XV I'm optimistic the remake can still maintain the original's sense of fun.
>>
>>378336246
>It's bad because the graphics are outdated
>The character models are insanely ugly. Even by PS1 standards.

Learn to read. But if you think FFVII is perfect you probably can't
>>
>>378337231
Not really, the engine was just shit at that time. Parasite Even already looked way different and FF7 would've probably looked the same with more time considering it was supposed to be a simliar game at one point.
>>
File: 1450758523645.jpg (50KB, 500x624px) Image search: [Google]
1450758523645.jpg
50KB, 500x624px
>>378325209
I'll buy it and try it out
I can almost guarantee the original will be better, I'm worried about how many random shitty side-quests will be thrown into each part.
>>
>>378337275
Yeah you're not a total poser.
>the buster sword was always a transforming sword with 50 swords in it!

Get out.
>>
File: Heavy_Tank_FF7.png (134KB, 648x431px) Image search: [Google]
Heavy_Tank_FF7.png
134KB, 648x431px
>>378336624
I love the stupid as shit designs as much as the really great ones
>>
>>378337512

>engine constraints made them adopt anime art style, conventions, tropes, and designs
>>
>>378337542
You're stupid. The buster sword and his lame transforming sword are two different fucking swords.

Also what does it matter you'll be swapping the buster sword out for something better a couple hours in anyway.
>>
>>378325209
>true FFVII fans

Holy shit you're a massive faggot.
>>
>>378336952
>10 years later - "LEL ACTUALLY IT WAS ALL LE GAY BOY ZACK WHO WAS THE HERO,
No, cloud still beat sephiroth dumbass. Both times.
>ALSO THERE WERE OTHER SEPHIROTHS
This is indeed gay as shit as are most of the additions CC had
>AND ALSO A BUNCH OF JENOVA'S WITNESSES IN STYLISH TRENCH COATS.
You mean the same shit as the people who were infected for the reunion? Its the same science after all.
>ALSO THE BUSTER SWORD IS NOW SUPER AMAZING AND WAS ACTUALLY LIKE 50 SWORDS THE WHOLE TIME!
Seriously? That wasnt the Buster sword, thats still right were cloud left it.
>AND CLOUD CAN FLY.
no, jump good.
Oh but surviving supernova is perfectly fine right?
>AND HES SUPER DEPRESSED
Makes sense if you know who cloud really is which is covered in its entirety in FF7 on ps1.
>AND BADASS WITH OAKLEYS
Except you can get oakleys on the cheap? They still look nice too. Get some from your local mall.
>OH YEAH AND THERE WAS CUTE GIRL TURKS
Like always.
>AND BARRET HAD CORNROWS
Oh no he went from a flat top to corn rows, two equally generic black person styles.
>GEOSTIGMA
Actually perfectly covered in FF7, sephiroth can't die and surfs the lifestream.
>TIFA WITH SMALL TITS, AND GAKT IS NOW A CHARACTER. WEW. WEW. WEEEEEEEEEEW.
Having fun yet?
>>
>>378336589
The Buster Sword and the sword that Cloud uses for most of AC are completely different, did you even watch the movie?
>>
File: cloud character model.jpg (12KB, 150x260px) Image search: [Google]
cloud character model.jpg
12KB, 150x260px
>>378337504
>the character models are ugly (talking about the blocky graphics regarding the characters)
So how did I misread the post?
>>
>>378337649
>The buster sword and his lame transforming sword are two different fucking swords.
This much you know. What you would know if you played that abortion called Crisis Core, is that the transforming sword from AC is what's now the buster sword. You can even see it in the FF7 remake. You posers are the worst.
>>
File: Tifa's tifas.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Tifa's tifas.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>378336589
>TIFA WITH SMALL TITS
wew lad
>>
>>378337643
Yeah i bet they totalyl wanted those popeye characters in a city like midgar and game with rape, killing, making super soldiers etc.
>>
>>378329318
I don't understand the tendency for Japanese graphic designers to make characters of obvious English or Scandinavian origin have dark pigmentation under their skin. It should be pink in most cases, unless they're heavily race-mixed. This especially conflicts with a character like Cloud who has light blond hair.
>>
>>378337915
If you say so, I mostly just stick to mainline, I haven't enjoyed the spinoffs. I didn't claim to be a bigger ff7 fan than you, I think it's only upper mid tier in the series, just that I'm older and started with one, which I am and did.
>>
>>378337839
Because he didn't say they were bad because they were old in comparison to current games, but comparing them to other PS games. He said they were bad then as well.
>>
>this thread

Jesus Christ what is it about FFVII that attracts the biggest faggots on 4chan? Especially the edgy lol VIIsux tryhards
>>
File: 1459265792782.jpg (104KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1459265792782.jpg
104KB, 900x675px
>all these AC underages on damage control
>>
File: ff7 tifa m.jpg (206KB, 1449x908px) Image search: [Google]
ff7 tifa m.jpg
206KB, 1449x908px
I'm looking forward to it because guess what, i can always play the original and even if the remake isn't great it won't make me hate the original.
I want to see other characters though espeically Tifa. But everyone will still complain because she doesn't look like her horrible model in those 2-3 FMVs
>>
Do I smell XV-kun?
>>
>>378336690
Why is Barret suddenly wearing sunglasses though?
>>
>>378338192
Nah not yet. Unless you start to talk about XV too much
>>
>>378338238
I hope this helps you understand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2LTL8KgKv8
>>
>>378338056
Midgar isn't Earth.
>>
>>378338120
Don't care. It's not a real reason to hate the game.
>>
>>378338192
Please don't give him an excuse to post here
>>
>>378338238
Probably because it seems like a barrety thing to do.
>>
>>378337984

"Popeye" character models are due to uncertainty on the team. Some wanted simple models, some wanted more realistic. So that's why the game ends up switching character models a lot.
>>
>>378338375
Yeah it is. If your game looks like shit, it's a valid reason to dislike it.
>>
>>378330679
>I really want to see what they're doing with the Honeybee Inn.

I hope they don't do anything to censor that quest. But if the game is going to have a Switch port, you can bet Nintendo will pressure them to remove any LGBT themes or characters from the game.

One of the things that impressed me about FF7 back when it was first released is some of the more "controversial" things the game managed to push without getting slammed by censors or ratings boards. We were just coming out of the fourth generation, which was heavily dominated by Nintendo and its "kid-friendly" marketing choices. So having a game with sex workers, gay bodybuilders and crossdressing protagonists was a pretty big step forward.
>>
Your whole post is one huge projection please fucking end your life.
>>
File: jchew denton.png (354KB, 760x572px) Image search: [Google]
jchew denton.png
354KB, 760x572px
>>378337915
>the transforming sword from AC is what's now the buster sword
>>
File: fuck it.gif (656KB, 350x204px) Image search: [Google]
fuck it.gif
656KB, 350x204px
Most of the complaints ITT are just autism, the actual problems are
>episodic releases
>2017 Square-Enix, meaning that everything about the development, marketing, and release of the game will be majorly fucked with, even if the developers' hearts are in the right place
>>
>>378337915
>>378337915
>What you would know if you played that abortion called Crisis Core, is that the transforming sword from AC is what's now the buster sword
I did.

How the hell did you come to that conclusion? CC and AC make it clear they are not.
>>
>>378325209
As someone who played final fantasy since the Snes, my opinion is that the kingdom hearts games are way more fun. The story and themes may be juvinile but I play for fun, and I look forward to the changes being made for 7
>>
I feel like FF7 was a product of the decade.

Will its ideas mesh with current tastes and trends?
>>
>>378338686
These are also my only issues with it

FF7 was a pretty good game in my opinion, but sometimes it made me want to fall asleep it was so boring. If you actually can't understand why some people dislike the game, you are a stupid fanboy. Just like the fanboys for that one game you don't like (undertale? Dark souls?)
>>
>>378338464
>he's surprised a 1997 ps1 game's graphics aren't that good compared to today

Underage please leave. Literally only the traveling character models look that bad. The battle models look fine and the fmv shit looks pretty good.
>>
>>378339158
To be fair it looks like shit compared to 8 and 9 and arguably looks like shit compared to 4 5 and 6 as well. I'm not saying that's a valid reason to hate the game, but it is what it is.
>>
File: FFVII_Tifa_FMV.jpg (26KB, 850x345px) Image search: [Google]
FFVII_Tifa_FMV.jpg
26KB, 850x345px
>FFVII fans not looking forward to this?
But /v/ will keep on posting shit about FFVII
this is why I hate you /v/.
>>
>>378339158
Parasite Eve looked leauges better and it came out one year later
>>
>>378339320
>looks like shit compared to 8 and 9
Debatable unless you're talking specifically about the character models out of battle.
>>378339542
Point?
>>
File: gabufucku.jpg (145KB, 587x544px) Image search: [Google]
gabufucku.jpg
145KB, 587x544px
>>378325209

I think it's stupid that they're even going through with it. They're fucking desperate. XV was garbage, and they knew it so they pulled this shit.

Won't even be out for 3-4 more years, lmao.
>>
>>378340258
ok
>>
>>378340258
Mark my words
KH3 2018, 7R 2019, Marvel shit 2020
>>
>>378340798

You sound a little butthurt there buddy.

Don't tell me you actually think SE can still make anything of quality anymore.
>>
>>378341218

are you ok
>>
>>378341286

Dodging the question are we?

What's the matter?
>>
>>378341382

why did you dodge the question

are you not ok
>>
>>378341218

fanboys gonna fanboy
>>
>>378341432

Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>378341563

no

are you ok
>>
>>378340258
FF15 was pretty good though.
>>
>>378341653
ff15 was not ok
>>
File: 1495252755090.gif (2MB, 377x372px) Image search: [Google]
1495252755090.gif
2MB, 377x372px
>>378341653
>>
>>378341653

It was trash.
>>
>>378341701
>>378341778
>>378341814

Yes it was. I would say it was better than for example: ff2 and ff10. If you didn't start with ff1 and play the entire mainline then don't respond to me because you don't matter.
>>
>>378325209

The only thing I want out of a FF7 remake is all those background images rescanned in a resolution that doesn't look like a fucking pixelated mess on my monitor/HDTV. They're beautiful but you can't even appreciate them any more.
>>
>>378341849
are you also not ok
>>
>>378325209
I'm looking forward to a new wave of Tifa doujins.
>>
>>378341875
If they still had them they would've done that for the re-release

unfortunately they're long lost
>>
>>378341893
I'm fantastic actually, it's a lovely sunday and I'm enjoying a cup of coffee. Thanks for asking friend.
>>
>>378341875
Sadly, Square has said they can't find the original files.
>>
I'll buy it anyways. If they dropped the 13 vs they original showed us if buy it also
>>
>>378339158
Like I said, it was being compared to games of it's time. It was shit then. But nice attempt to change the topic.
>>
File: XV Sonic 06.jpg (1MB, 1080x2250px) Image search: [Google]
XV Sonic 06.jpg
1MB, 1080x2250px
>>378341653
>>378341849

Only good thing about XV were the monster designs.

The world, characters, story, gameplay, music, hallways, boss fights, summons were all garbage.

XV is a prime example of how you shouldn't go about making a video game. The fact they have polls/surveys now asking what cut content they should put in next shows it.
>>
>>378341989
>>378342161

Fucking tragic. There's hundreds of great looking pieces in the game.
>>
>>378342271
The character models out of battle are literally the only thing that applies to what you just said. So what's your point?
>>
>>378342305
I disagree. I agree about the last part though, back in the day we never even heard about cut content being exposed to so much behind the scenes shit just makes people mad.
>>
>>378335556
>The new battle system is a massive downgrade.
>be an RPGtard
>be incapable of playing any genre that doesn't clearly spell out color coded enemy weaknesses
>think player progression=higher numbers
>caring more about 'ultimate' attacks like Omnislash/KotR and controlling worthless party members over good gameplay
>call any other style of combat bad
>>
I think most people just want to hear the music and see the characters and story again but don't really want to go through the original game grinding shit out
they want that comfort of familiarity but don't want the uncomfort of outdated gameplay and graphics
>>
>>378342608

>he actually likes the shitty world with one tiny city as the main city which is even smaller than the one in Dragon's Dogma
>he actually liked the robotic characters you had to to watch the $2 anime to care about you the other side characters who completely drop off the game
>he actually liked the butchered story that not even Kingslaive could save with the most predictable and corny ending yet in an FF game
>he actually liked the most forgettable music in XII
>he actually liked the second half of the game which felt like the most rushed part of any game last year and the worst gameplay from last year that is Ch. 13
>he actually liked the terrible boss fights throughout the game and the QTE fest final boss
>he actually liked the 4 summons and others that were just one-time cutscenes

I didn't even mention the combat because you should automatically know it's terrible, as is the magic.

I guess you can't cure shit taste.
>>
>>378325209
I'm okay with it being not FF7, but i'm not okay with the fact that square enix has fucked up EVERY battle system they've touched since FF12
>>
Lost all interested when it was confirmed an episodic ARPG.
>>
3 M O R E Y E A R S
THREE MORE YEARS
THREE 3 (3) MORE (MOOR) YEARS (YEERS)
>>
>>378343795
nah
>>
>>378343795
It won't even make it within 3. Fucking watch.
>>
>>378343250
I enjoyed the final fantasy where the biggest city was corneria and had like 6 buildings.
It also had 0 characterization as did many of the earlier games.
The story was fairly meh but I think that's been the case with most of the series and they almost all have corny predictable endings dude so I dunno what you're on about.
The music wasn't too bad actually, probably about middle of the pack.
The end was really rushed I agree.
The boss fights were mostly not too bad, didn't love the final one though but I don't see how that's different from shit like omnislashing sephiroth or yuyevon.
I don't really see summons as something super important to the series, in most of the games they're just buffed up black magic. I think it's new school fans that need to see them be some important shit.

The combat wasn't too bad. I would have preferred if it was better, but it wasn't bad. The magic was poorly implemented, but I don't use magic often when I play FF anyway.
>>
>>378343931
They will. They'll just cut everything out.
>>
>>378343935

So basically you're obligated to like it just because it's FF.

Fucking fanboys.
>>
>>378325209
If they changed absolutely nothing about the game you'd complain about it being a rehash so who the fuck cares?

There's no way to please everyone so they might as well make changes. Why would they put so much effort into remaking it if they were just gonna make the same game all over again?
>>
>>378342305

>that pic

my fucking sides
>>
>>378344160
No, basically it delivered within my expectations. I feel like you've played like 2 games in the series and you're just pissy whenever it's not your favourite one. Probably started with 10 or some shit.
>>
>>378325209
Ff7 still exists, it's not going anywhere. I'm glad they're trying something new instead of making a game that already exists
>>
>>378343795
>3 years
>for an incomplete piece of a game
>the second part won't even be on the same console because it will take just as long

wew lad
>>
>>378344301

I've played every FF, and have been a fan of the series since 91-92.

That has nothing to do with anything.

FFXV is the most rushed and most incomplete FF to date, and the team the most incompetent. It shows in the game. You're just a fucking fanboy faggot
>>
>>378344198
>Why would they put so much effort into remaking it

Oh you sweet naive child
>>
im old school ff fan, im hyped af for this
like beyond hyped, got chills when i saw the trailer was blown away and simply most hyped game for me of all time, i hope its out soon
>>
>>378344301
>I feel like you've played like 2 games in the series and you're just pissy whenever it's not your favourite one. Probably started with 10 or some shit.

The irony here is staggering because I think the only people who can like it was people who started with X. Which is funny because you think pretending to be some OG nostalgiafag gives you street cred or some shit lmao.
>>
File: XpSTd6Ca.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
XpSTd6Ca.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
It's going to be "FF7"
With non FF7 combat
With all the charm extracted out
And retconned characters
Cut into three parts
>>
File: dumbass eating horse shit.gif (2MB, 540x652px) Image search: [Google]
dumbass eating horse shit.gif
2MB, 540x652px
>>378344675

>old school fan
>types like some early 20s babby
>>
>>378343769

This
>>
>>378344598
It absolutely is rushed, but I still prefer it over 10 and 2 for example. It objectively is pretty rough, but subjectively it appeals to me, I enjoy the exploring and the camping and I don't mind the combat, it's like an incredibly dumbed down action game. How's that?

>>378344729
I am some og nostalgiafag, I don't really think it gives me street cred though. I think in some ways just being tossed out into the world and allowed to roam around fucking around feels more like the older games than the ps1-ps2 era of games.
>>
>>378345051

>2 was bad meme

oh boy here we go

also X shits all over XV

how old are you anyway faggot
>>
>>378345192
28. Two isn't super awful or anything, but I really enjoy the SaGa games so as soon as I boot it up I just want to go play ones of those instead. It was the prototype SaGa game and it really shows. X is one of my least favourite in the series. I like most of the games that came before it and after it better.
>>
>>378345051

Let me correct your original post.

FFXV is mediocre. Pretty good is a pointless description.
>>
>>378345051
>>378345345

Goes to show people who actually like XV have the worst taste imaginable.
>>
>>378345351
Sure, but it's a flavour of mediocrity that appeals to me. I guess I fell into the going further in the direction of my opinion in response to people going further in the direction of theirs.
>>
>>378345441

You just have shit taste is all. I'm sorry you're so old and senile that you actually enjoy mediocrity.
>>
>>378325209
>Any other true FFVII fans
the fuck makes you so goddamn special? How do you define a true FF7 fan? Goddamn you sound like an edgelord to me. You must have every piece of dialogue memorized and all the secret spots put up on a map in your room somewhere huh? Get the fuck out of here summerfag
>>
>>378345440
I'd say 9 is probably my favourite, so X probably is lower than it should be by being so crap after such a high point.

>>378345589
What are your favourites out of curiosity? If I had to name 3 it would probably be 9 1 and 5.
>>
>>378345675
>9 is probably my favourite

figures
>>
>>378345758
Nothing wrong with it.
>>
>>378325209
I'm holding on to optimism for now, but it ain't easy. The question for me is how much of the story do they change based on the Compilation stuff. Much as I enjoyed Crisis Core and would have loved the chance to play Before Crisis, there are some story elements from those games best left in them. After that the amount of extra content, did they leave in all the side quests, did they add anything new, etc. I really don't give a shit about the loss of the ATB system because it was honestly slow as fuck until you got the haste materia.
>>
>>378345857
>Nothing wrong with it.

How about the sluggish combat and botched job system combined with terrible story and antagonist.
>>
>>378346037
What games do you even like in the series? No reason to be scared, I named mine. You won't fall apart if you get chirped on the internet unless you're chronically insecure.
>>
File: Butters.png (80KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
Butters.png
80KB, 500x372px
if you're still a "fan" of anything after all this time that has passed since VII released, I feel bad for you
>>
the only good version of FFVII is the PS4 version, where you can disable random encounters and speed the game up by 3 times to blast through the awful gameplay and experience the bad story then delete the game from your HDD
>>
>>378346178

I like a few. The series as a whole is extremely overrated it terms of accolades. Out of the many games there are only barely a handful that are actually good.

XV is still the worst one yet, even more so than XIII.
>>
>>378325209
>nu-SE
>Nomura
>episodic
Only a retard would be hyped
>>
>>378346037
Arguments?
>>
>>378346440
You're dodging pretty hard dude. It's fine though, either you're genuinely insecure or you just wanted to stir up shit which is par for the course.

I think the megaten games and in some ways the SaGa games are probably better jrpgs and I generally prefer action games regardless, but I have a soft spot for the final fantasy series because I grew up with it and they're usually fairly solid.
>>
>>378346440

As much shit as XIII gets, it's at least a competent, finished game.
>>
>>378336385
>Masterpiece
>Nomura
Yeah not happening
>>
>>378346631

I don't care. XV is still garbage, and you're still a fanboy faggot.
>>
>>378336313
XIII-2 and LR are as good as this series got since transitioning to 3D.
>>
>>378346631

Nobody cares aboutyour softspot man. You're just fanboying
>>
>>378346669

Memes aside I actually liked the combat a lot more then XV's bullshit.
>>
>>378346797
>>378346858
Good talk boys. I think if I was fanboying I'd be arguing it's a perfect masterpiece not a flawed game that I happen to enjoy. How can you be too much of a pussy to say what games you like on an anonymous message board honestly.
>>
>>378347024

It doesn't take balls to be a faggot, and the only rabid fanboy who thinks XV is a masterpiece is XV-kun.
>>
>>378325209
I just want Final Fantasy V and VI remade on the 3DS with voice acting like IV was on the DS!

REEEEEEE!
>>
File: 236289-elf-amiga-front-cover.jpg (236KB, 800x951px) Image search: [Google]
236289-elf-amiga-front-cover.jpg
236KB, 800x951px
>>378346187

Not the guy, but I'm still a really big fan of a game that came out in 1991. And that game is full of literally game breaking flaws and archaic things such as push scrolling. There's no problem in liking things. Becoming numb is not somehow positive. And yes for the thread, I'm still a fan of VII and not looking forward to its remake.
>>
>>378325209
hope the combat is like in crisis core just polished that would be great
>>
>>378347140
You're actually that much of a coward. You could have just lied and named a few games but you're worried people would call you gay and then you would have to have a good cry. Just say 6 7 and 10, those are safe bets. I'm starting to doubt you even play video games.
>>
>>378347332

There's just no point. It's all subjective, and whenever someone on /v/ asks you to state your favorite they immediately call it shit, so it's utterly pointless.

XV is still trash, and your taste is still bad.

Deal with it, and stop posting Go lie down and rest that sore ass.
>>
File: 1457904275123.png (403KB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
1457904275123.png
403KB, 500x360px
>>378332242

disgusting, this shit is going to be fucked day 1. unless you're some nomura drone who actually played kingdom hearts at some point in your lifespan, in which case, good for you, but why the fuck do you care about this.

the very idea of a 7 remake has been perpetuated for years with a simple thought of ''hey I wonder what ff7 would look like now with [insert current gen at the time] graphics?!''

not

''oh wow I hope they hamfist the ''action'' combat they've been trying and failing to implement, radically changing it every installment for the past 10 years, wowee!''

I can't even take those games seriously, some of them do their job and mesh well but Square's trackrecord with it has been ABYSMAL. If I wanted to play high paced action games I'd reinstall DMC3/4 and start the grind again.

Seeing people proclaim ''Oh, it's not like XV, more closer to KH!'' as some form of passable couinterargument or positive is especially amusing, both are shit and have no place being in this classic's long anticipated remake, let alone when Square are the people in charge of implementing it.
>>
>>378347332

>this superiority complex because you got called out for liking a shit game

lmao FFIX furries are the worst
>>
>>378347536
Nah, I've established I'm a reasonable guy, if anything you're being far less reasonable than I am. My ass is fine because people on /v/ chirping me doesn't matter one iota, if you felt the same way you wouldn't mind posting what games you like.

I'll concede 15 is mediocre despite liking it, but you also shit on 9 which is great and widely accepted to be great, so I'm curious which games you like. I'm gonna guess 10 because you got fairly upset when I said I dislike it.
>>
>>378333641

this anon has it down, I'd be fine personally with a 1:1 scaling polish job graphically, but I admit there are things that could, and should be tweaked, even if it's just something like the Materia system to ensure that broken/defunct combos are retuned or something. Backtracking for enemy skills and shit would worry me too
>>
>>378347816
Don't bully IX. It's a good game.
>>
>>378347707
man you got a lot to say about a game you've never played
>>
>>378347816
You don't play video games.
>>
I honestly only liked Midgar. I've tried replaying the game a couple times and I can make it as far as the snow area before getting bored, and that's only because how good Midgar is kept me going long after it ends. If they can nail the steampunk-ish atmosphere and expand the area then VIIR will be a success to me. And because it's episodic I won't have to bother with the rest of the games.
>>
>>378347847
see
>>378346594

Also I don't care about X or IX. I'm just astonished you can even speak positively about XV. It must be buyer's remorse or you really were one of the idiots who waited 10 years for it.
>>
File: 041_1485071341.png (126KB, 308x299px) Image search: [Google]
041_1485071341.png
126KB, 308x299px
>episodic
Into the trash. I'm not waiting 10 years and buy a new console for playing the full game.
>>
>>378347975
>>378348010

IX is mediocre tripe that only got praise for "muh roots".
>>
>>378348031
Neither, I just think the wandering and camping feel of it reminds me of wandering around in the earlier games. Maybe I'm just easily satisfied.

>>378348145
Nah it's fantastic, best in the series.
>>
>all that shit people gave GB for not giving a shit and even being disgusted at the trailer
>everyone sucking GT's dick because they were jumping around screaming like a bunch of autistic manchildren

look where we are now
>>
>>378348246

You just have terrible taste. This is my last post.

You disgust me.
>>
File: 16-023.gif (211KB, 640x448px) Image search: [Google]
16-023.gif
211KB, 640x448px
>>378348145
It has flaws like a slow battle system and the plot going off the rails in Disc 3, but it's pretty fun.
>>
>>378347707
>but why the fuck do you care about this.
Because it's the first game done by the original KH team in over a decade.

>radically changing it every installment for the past 10 years
They nailed real time combat in KH2FM. XV is the only time it went horribly wrong.

>as some form of passable couinterargument or positive is especially amusing
KH1/2 are good action games, XV is garbage.

>both are shit and have no place being in this classic's long anticipated remake
KH1 did a better job with magic than any FF game has since V and a better job with Summons than any FF period, while FM2's combat shits all over VII's. If the new combat system is handled as well as the old numbered KH games, it's going to be a radical improvement.
>>
>>378338238
>>378338335
>>378338394

>yfw you get to the 7th Heaven, Marlene runs to his arms and takes his shades off as he picks her up
>>
>>378348506
>fun

subjective
>>
>>378348486
Cya bud, I'd say it was nice chatting with you but it was kind of a one sided conversation. Try to work on your self confidence and one day you two and talk about games you like on /v/ instead of just doing the safe thing and whining about ones you don't.
>>
>>378346839

Besides VII, I agree.
>>
>>378348748

Not him but you sound like a redditor
>>
>>378348849
I've probably been here longer than you, I just type like I normally do regardless of where I am. Should I drop a bunch of meme arrows for you and post some sick reaction faces?
>>
>>378348849
At least he doesn't sound underage.
>>
>>378349039

Definitely a redditor.

Please give us another off-topic blog post.

>>378349179

Elaborate
Thread posts: 332
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.