[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Breath of the Wild alternatives for PC and non-Nintendo consoles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: 00.jpg (1MB, 1846x2639px) Image search: [Google]
00.jpg
1MB, 1846x2639px
Let's make a list of games that could serve as a good alternative to BoTW, for PC and non-Nintendo consoles. Every console generation goes, as long as it fits.

Requirements for the game to fit:
>open world
>heavy on exploration and sandbox
>rich in content
>has that feeling of adventure
>fantasy or fantasy-esque sci-fi

I'm gonna start with the more obvious ones, to get them out of the way:
>Nier Automata
>Horizon: Zero Dawn
>Witcher 3
>Dragon's Dogma
>Oblivion and Skyrim
>>
none of what you listed has the key feature that puts BotW above the rest and makes it stand out: sandbox

the closest you're going to get to BotW is an early access steam game, sadly
>>
>>378320546
>none of what you listed has the key feature that puts BotW above the rest and makes it stand out: sandbox
I knew I was forgetting something.
>the closest you're going to get to BotW is an early access steam game, sadly
Nah, it can't be *that* bad. While I'm sure BoTW is pretty sandboxy in its nature, I think a "regular" open world game would have more than enough sandbox in it to scratch that itch for someone looking for a BoTW experience as long as the rest of what makes it good is in place.
>>
>>378320715
>I knew I was forgetting something.

Oh wait, I read my post again and I actually didn't forget to mention that. The rest of my point still stands, though.
>>
>>378320715
I honestly can't think of anything on console besides minecraft

I guess by proxy that would include DQ Builders
>>
>>378320930
>I honestly can't think of anything on console besides minecraft

Wow, BoTW must be a shitty-ass game, then.
>>
>>378320421
How the fuck is he holding that arrow?
>>
File: 1495058245528.jpg (244KB, 1152x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1495058245528.jpg
244KB, 1152x2048px
>op being this pathetic
>>
>>378320421
NO The requirements to fit are:
> Non-Linear Progression
> Freedom to climb anything
> A Map with puzzles hidden in plain sight
> An open world map that isn't cluttered with dozens of icons, and allows players to discover points of interest themselves.
> Everything object in the world has real time reactive physics.
>>
>>378321497
Sure, those are more accurate, but at the same time I'm trying to make it more possible to compile a list of alternatives. Your requirements make it less plausible to find a game that fits relatively well.
>>
>>378320546
Sandbox? Bullshit. It's barely a glorified tech demo with 2 things you can do.
>>
>>378321497
I think that OP was looking for games that fill somewhat similar needs, not start a shitposting contest.

Crackdown is pretty fun IMO
>>
>>378321704
>I think that OP was looking for games that fill somewhat similar needs, not start a shitposting contest.
Yep, exactly.
>>
>fallout 3, 4, nv
>far cry (all of them since 2)
>shadow of mordor
>minecraft
>>
>>378321497
NO
The requirements REALLY are
>shitty tower climbing
>physics puzzles
>empty open world
>barely 5 hours of main story content
>>
>Not 1 (ONE) mention of the LITERAL BOTW pc game

http://store.steampowered.com/app/493200/RiME/
>>
>>378322764
It definitely looks like BoTW, that's for sure. From what I'm reading about it, though, it seems to be a linear puzzle game, in vein of ICO or The Last Guardian.

I'd say that when it comes to indie, this would be closer to BoTW, since it's an open world action RPG, heavy on exploration.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/366640/Shiness_The_Lightning_Kingdom/
>>
File: IMG_7455.jpg (45KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7455.jpg
45KB, 1280x720px
Skyrim Special Edition

>Open world
>Climb mountains
>Actual good sidequests like the Daedric ones
>Unlock powers and abilities throughout the game instead of getting all of them in the first 10 minutes
>No shitty weapon breaking. If you find a weapon you like you can keep it and upgrade it throughout the game as needed
>The 10 thousand copypaste dungeons usually have some sort of lore in them and an actual reward at the end like a dragon shout
>Memorable NPCs and companions you can actually travel with
>way more character customization options
>Actual substantial DLC content thats already included
>mods

And much more
>>
Botw was not that good

Too much empty space and nothing to do except find korok seeds zzzz
>>
I'm gonna throw in Terraria and Starbound, for those that don't mind 2D. Both are very sandboxy and the worlds they generate are fun to explore.
>>
>>378321497
>breath of the wild is the most perfect game ever: the post
i think BoTW doesn't have enough freedom.

they should make sequel free to give everyone more freedom.
>>
>>378326478
>american
>>
>>378324528
t. played the game in Hyrule Field for 10 minutes
>>
>>378320421
Darksiders III is Zelda-like.
>>
>>378327126
>Darksiders III
You mean the one that hasn't come out yet? ;^)

I'm gonna assume you meant DSII, though, to which I agree, it couldn't probably be more like Zelda, unless you replaced Death with an androgynous elf fuckboi, but it's more like the pre-BoTW Zelda games, which means it's focused mostly on dungeons rather than open world exploration. Still a good one, though.
>>
Just Cause 2
>>
>>378320421
There's no need, just emulate it.
>>
>>378328628
I'm making this list thinking of people who don't have beast PCs. Emulating BoTW requires a top-tier machine not many people have.
>>
File: Ultima_IV_box.jpg (53KB, 335x477px) Image search: [Google]
Ultima_IV_box.jpg
53KB, 335x477px
>>378320421
Ultima 4 and 5
>>
>>378328628
Not to mention, BoTW is still pretty broken and buggy on emulator.
>>
>>378328708
glad to know their investment was worth something
>>
>>378328878
Good for you, then. Now let's focus on giving something to the people who don't want to spend 4 grand on a Breath of the Wild machine.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.