[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

File: PSP-1000.jpg (1MB, 3840x2180px) Image search: [Google]
PSP-1000.jpg
1MB, 3840x2180px
What went wrong?
>>
>>378317776
Nothing
>>
>>378317776
Sony hand held consoles are too expensive when they drop and charge like 60 bucks sometimes for a memory stick. They also don't have the rep nintendo has gotten from the gameboy etc....

So obviously if we look at this market wise the DS at all stages is
>Cheaper
>Bigger market share
>Brand loyalty
>Brand is easily recognized
>Already owns majority of the market once sony came in

The ONLY thing the PSP and PSP vita had going at the time of release was being a genuinely better and high quality console. But that did not justify the price tag for most people purchasing portable consoles.

So by the time Christmas came around it became clear which console parents would for their children. It's basically just the price point and the fact that nintendo was already in the market for years.
>>
memory card.
If they make a psp 3 they should allow SD/micro sd cards
>>
>>378317776
No games.

The entire library is nothing but ports and rehashes.
>>
not having an l2 or r2 button. I hope its corrected on the Trinity.
>>
>>378318628
You are a fucking dimwit and nothing you say deserves to be taken seriously. This why the other boards make fun of /v/. You have knowledge of your hobby and the real world comparable to a high schooler.
>>
It didn't sold more than the nds despite having better games.
>>
>>378317776
Nothing. PSP was great.

Had an amazing catalog and it was all free.
>>
>>378318095
fpbp
>>
>>378318791
PSP had a shit library. That's a fact.

The only people who like it are like the delusional people who own a Vita, people with absolutely garbage tastes in games who defend a shitty handheld they bought due to buyer's remorse.

Compare this to the DS and 3DS where both handhelds have the best library of games that generation period.
>>
>>378318095
this
>>
>>378317776
what are some good jrpg with turn based combat that isn't srpg
>>
>>378318628
that's vita.
>>
>>378317776
MS Pro Duo instead of MicroSD, same thing with VITA.
>>
>>378317776
If it had Pokemon I would never have to buy NDS. Same goes for Vita and 3DS. Much, much more interesting games and more straightforward, useful consoles, while the others are literally Pokemon machines.
>>
File: 1480201790316.jpg (75KB, 1024x724px) Image search: [Google]
1480201790316.jpg
75KB, 1024x724px
>>378319216
I can't take a dimwit who uses meme in an argument seriously you obviously know nothing about the market and need to shut the fuck up. Game libraries are subjective and making a subjective factor a key point of your argument is dumb as fuck.
>>
>>378317776
The psp was way ahead of it's time when it came out. What an awesome machine.
>>
>>378317776

The stick was kind of shit, and it didn't have a second one.
>>
File: 3ds.jpg (288KB, 718x647px) Image search: [Google]
3ds.jpg
288KB, 718x647px
>>378318628
>The entire library is nothing but ports and rehashes.
>>
>>378317776
nothing, it was so easy to hack and pirate for, every kid in third world countries had one. it never made any money for game publishers (outside of japan) which is why it really never had any (non japanese) games worth mentioning outside of the first couple of years. and the good japanese games sold like shit outside of japan.
>>
Child-easy piracy.
You don't even have to hack psp to run copy games
>>
>>378320442

didn't they fix that on an update?
>>
>>378320442
this. i'm from iran, every one had one, no one ever paid a penny for games. i imagine this was the situation for most of the world. and gameboys never were big here so it had the novelty of being a handheld system. then ipod touches and iphones came around and every kid got one of those and psp was forgotten.
>>
>>378320098
I didn't know that was the 3DS' entire library.
>>
>>378320098
lol 3ds has so many original good games that sold well, i'm not gonna bother listing
also shovel knight isn't a port, 3ds was one of the origianl platforms
>>
>>378320532
People just didn't downloaded it
Stuff got thousands time worse when ps3's sign-keys were leaked
>>
>>378318628
oh yeah ? check out my shitty indie games that i get for free from ps store that i can barely enjoy
>>
>>378320532
at no point in time was it hard to hack the psp. they tried to fix it, it never took more than a week for a new crack. and that's if you HAD to be on the latest firmware.
>>
>>378319532
to be fair, microSD was a very new standard at the time. sony is known for making their own physical media formats.
>>
>>378317776
it's still one of the best handhelds ever made if you put custom firmware on it.
>>
>>378317776
uh like nothing? many good games, good sales, no problems like short battery and a lot of cool features like turning it off but still being able to play from where you were after starting it again
>>
>>378320832
You don't remember when the psp 3000 came right? because i had one and waited for almost 8 months or more to hack it.
>>
>>378321669
if you don't like weeb stuff, the amount of good games for it can be counted on one hand. but it was FANTASTIC as an emulator for gba and snes
>>
>>378321846
i didn't know that. never had a 3000, just a 2000 that still works fine
>>
>>378320832
>>378321846

Or when Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep was released and we needed to wait for a whole new patch to play it.
>>
>>378321840

>no problems like short battery
UMDs were cancer, they slaughtered battery life
>>
>>378321863
The hell do you mean "weeb stuff"? What, you want western games on a handheld?

>but it was FANTASTIC as an emulator for snes
Way to out yourself as an ignorant shitter. Not only do you know full-all about its library, but you aren't even aware of its limitations as an emulation machine. SNES has always been terrible on the PSP.
>>
>>378322034
But playing Sega Genesis games and PS1 was great, i still keep mine just for the sake of that.
>>
>>378322034
>What, you want western games on a handheld?
no. japan doesn't just make weeb stuff.
>>
>>378322103
Yeah, same here in regards to PS1.

>>378322151
And the PSP had no "weeb stuff". You won't find shit like Neptunia, Senran Kagura or Moe Chronicle on the PSP.
>>
>>378322247
>And the PSP had no "weeb stuff"
wow
>>
>>378322286
Great argument, faggot. List the weeb games it had.
>>
>>378322343
i don't have all day but
project diva, persona, fate, disgaea, corpse party
>>
>>378322532
Nice one.

>>378322572
Project Diva was never officially localized for English speaking territories, so the fact that you're reaching into the PSP's JP library to find "weeb stuff" says a lot about the strength of your argument. There were plenty of other more enjoyable rhythm games on the PSP.

>Persona
1, 2IS & EP cannot be considered weeb. 3 is weeb but less so than anything found on the Vita.

>Fate
Two games, one of them being a PS2 fighting game port than went under the radar and was pulled from the PS Store very quickly. I doubt many people even know /unlimited codes exists.

>Disgaea
Was also on the DS.

>Corpse Party
Isn't exclusive to the PSP.

Seriously, that's it? You're hardly neutering the library by excluding those games. Where's the low-budget kusoge shovelware stuff you'd find on the Vita? The DS had just as much "weeb stuff" as the PSP, if not more.

>Witch's Wish, Love Plus, Super Robot Taisen OG Saga, Rune Factory, Princess Debut, Izuna, TWEWY
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.