[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ps3 worth getting these days?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: picture-22.png (326KB, 652x646px) Image search: [Google]
picture-22.png
326KB, 652x646px
so i passed on the ps3 last gen to get a 360 which was ok for the years it lasted. now that i have a ps4 i keep reading about games i missed on the predecessor and I thought about getting a used one

Games i wanna check out are stuff like deadly premonition because I love twin peaks and silent hill, yakuza games because well it's yakuza, way of the samurai 4 cause it looks like yakuza in edo period. But here are two questions: what other games can you recommend me and, would it be worth it or is there a chance for any of those games to be playable on ps4 at some point?
>>
>>378306729

"Last of Us" had an amazing story, but I believe there is an HD PS4 version you can play...and you should.
>>
I would recommend psnow. Instead of buying a dead console thatll take up space you can stream a whole library of old ps3 games on your ps4.

>inb4 i'm called a shill
>>
File: MGS Legacy collection.jpg (142KB, 960x569px) Image search: [Google]
MGS Legacy collection.jpg
142KB, 960x569px
>>378306729
Yes, PS3 is still a far superior purchase than the NoGaems 4. No matter the old memes, PS3 ended up having a great library, and it has way larger PS Classics library on the PSN store to boot. Free online is good too, and all of the PS3 versions can play PS1 discs, while to play PS2 discs you need the oldest "Fat" version.

>Deadly Premonition
play it on PC. Seriously, way better performance and visuals.

>Yakuza
one reason to get PS3, yeah.

>what other games can you recommend me
The goddamn Metal Gear Solid: Legacy Collection. You get practically the ENTIRE MGS series on a single machine, most in glorious HD, with original controls and all. That's 8 great games in a single case. The MGS4 alone is still a PS3 exclusive, and will prolly be one for decades to come. You can also still get MGS5:GZ and TPP for PS3 as well, thus closing the circle entirely.

Next, there's the original -Souls game, the Demon's Souls, which still BTFO all DaS and Bloodborne games, IMO.

After that, there's just a fuckton of JRPGs, old and new. Kingdom Hearts HD collections, every FF game up to 13:LR, all Persona games including P5.... list goes on

>is there a chance for any of those games to be playable on ps4 at some point?
Sony is heavily shilling their "PS Now" service, which is literally a game-streaming RENTAL system. No proper backwards compatibility will ever be implemented.

>>378306973
fuck off. TLOU is not only a terrible game, the plot with its writing and acting is just awful. Just goes to show how little normie cancer actually consumes media if this shit counts as "amazing".
>>
File: -v-'s PS3 beginner's guide.jpg (2MB, 1500x3400px) Image search: [Google]
-v-'s PS3 beginner's guide.jpg
2MB, 1500x3400px
>>378306729
PS3 has a shittons of good games, and easily dominates PS4 with its current offerings.
Sure, a lot of the good stuff is HD ports of older games, but even those are dirt cheap nowadays.
>>
>>378307119
Is Deadly Premonition PC version actually better? It runs like trash, with crashes every 40 minutes and long as fuck load times. The game itself is GOAT, but the main advantage of the PC version is surely the price
>>
psnow is not an option, i'm in germany where it isn't available
>>
>>378307569
>Is Deadly Premonition PC version actually better?
it is.
>it runs like trash
better than the PS3 version most of the time.
>loading times
same as above.

Yes, the DP's tech never was exactly great.
>>
>>378307574
it should not be an option at all no matter where you are.

Seriously, RENTING few hours to STREAM old games? Talk about the maximum jewiness of all time.
>>
>>378307070
Can you stream Persona 5 to PC?
>>
Sure smells like summer faggots in this thread
>>
>>378307070
>>378307720
>streaming
You should be banned for this
>>
>>378307720
you can soon EMULATE it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9eXRqgQHCc
>>
I didn't even know "streaming games" is a thing

how does that even work?
>>
>>378308019
Sony has a farm of PS3s somewhere, connect to the internet, and you pay to gain access to said machine(s) for a limited time period.

It's pretty much the same as Steam's in-home streaming, but done from afar. And obviously it's vulnerable to all the streaming's weaknesses: lag, rendering artifacts, connection failures...
>>
>>378306973
It wasn't anything special if you ever stepped out of Triple A western games and current most popular tv show
>>
I recently bought a ps3 for 20 bucks. Went out and grabbed MGS Legacy Collection, Catherine, Dragons Dogma, Demon Souls, Last of Us, Beyond Two Souls, and red Dead Redemption.
How'd I do?
>>
>>378306729
Yes OP, get it. The exclusive library it has is amazing. Some anons already mentioned a few above. Even better if you can read moonrunes. Depending where you live, used PS3 games goes for really cheap.
>>
>>378307119
No way in hell pc ver of DP is better than ps3.
PS3 is the way to go.
>>
I used to have a modded PS3 and it was the best console I have ever owned, but it died.
I debated getting another one for a while but it looks like it will be decently emulated in a matter of a couple of years, so I decided to wait
>>
>>378309271
> will be decently emulated
PS2 emulation is still a mess, that's why refurbished PS2 still sells. I wonder how long it's going to take for PS3's emulation reaches parity.
>>
My PS3 SS is 4 years old and I still did not finished a half of a library I have to beat. So will my ps3 survive another 4-5 years for me to finish all of games?
>>
>>378309550
Depends on how you treat it.
>>
yes
you can have many good games from the psn store
also demons souls
>>
>>378306729
Every console that can be pirated is worth getting even if you don't plan to play anything on it. Including Wii U.
>>
>>378306973
>"Last of Us" had an amazing story

no it didn't.
>>
>>378308717
>Dragons Dogma
So you got the 20 fps version and not the 60 fps version on the PC. Nice job.
>>
>>378308717
>PS3 for 20 bucks
very nice.
Besides MGS, DeS and Catherine, you grabbed quite a bit of shit tho'.
>>
Isn't there a ps4 version of dragons dogma coming tho? No reason to get the old one then
>>
>>378309119
It is. PS3 version is seriously the worst.
>>
>>378310703
Woah that insight and convincing argument has
allowed me to see the truth and I now choose to never play it again. Thanks famberino.
>>
>>378311212
Woah that insight and convincing argument has allowed me to see the truth and I now choose to never stop playing it. Thanks famberino.
>>
Which PS3 is best?
>>
>>378307647
>>378311115
This is not true. The PC version has better visuals due to textures, but in terms of problems the PC version is an absolute mess.
About half the people can't even start the game, play for more than an hour without crashing etc. Not to mention known save game corruptions at certain places that can only be avoided by backing up the save and and not saving during said sections.

The better textures don't make up for the PC verions being LITERALLY unplayable for the majority of people. On PS3 you can at least play from start to finish.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.