[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim Special Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault.jpg (184KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
184KB, 1280x720px
Hello everyone,
first time lurker, first time poster.
I did not see a sticky to read before posting anything so i'm creating this thread.

A couple months ago, i finally tried out Skyrim, because i had the Skyrim Special Edition in my steam library.
I've played for around 77 hours and had a fucking blast!

However, there are sevral things i'm not happy with.
First, the interface is utter trash shit, from the main menu to the inventory system. It was so bad it really fucked me off during play time.
Second, the whole universe of the game, while being fun to explore and having a cool lore, looks overall grey. Grey is all i can remember. From yellowish grey fields to light grey mountains and dark grey forests, it slowly became painful to watch.
Last, my fucking faggot companion was so retarded i would lose him every twenty minutes, to the point i had to keep a cheat command pasted in console to teleport his stupid ass back to me.

Now, i see the modding community for this game is hyuge, and i'm currently browsing mods to find the ones that will fix the points stated above, so i can play some more this week.

Now i'm sure you guys are knowledgeable as fuck, so i come here for your advice.

What mods would you recommend?
>>
File: 20161129180237_1.jpg (366KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161129180237_1.jpg
366KB, 1920x1080px
>>378305224
pic related, my faggot sith lord husband
>>
File: 20161125164321_1.jpg (750KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161125164321_1.jpg
750KB, 1920x1080px
>>378305224
some guy
>>
dont know if the special edition is very moddable but the original one is.
flora overhaul and the one that changes the game to be warmer might make the game more colorful for you.
Then there is sky ui which fixes alot of the ui stuff.
>>
Get Inigo the Khajiit mod if you want a companion who won't get lost

He's also incredible in a thousand different other ways and is probably the most interactive character in any game, not just Skyrim.

The other stuff is easy to fix so I'll just offer Alternative Start and Frostfall or whatever it's called as recommended mods. Starting on a crashed ship surrounded by freezing water that will actually kill you in minutes is a hell of a way to immerse yourself in an otherwise bland game. Both mods do an absolute shitload for role playing purposes.
>>
Well, I have yet to play Skyrim. Some videos had to shape my opinions. For your question: Look at ModDB for a shader mod.
While Skyrim seems to have the best combat system the older Elder Scrolls games have better world building and much more lore. You should have really tried Morrowind, then Morrowind. By the time you beat Skyrim, you'll probably think how it's the best TES game ever because there are really people who praise the game. Skyrim is actually considered worse than Morrowind and Oblivion.
>>
File: 1089-1-1481742828.jpg (1MB, 2560x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1089-1-1481742828.jpg
1MB, 2560x1080px
>>378305224
Yeah, you're better off playing the original version, the special edition doesn't have script extender support as of yet, and it's required for SkyUI. The vast majority of mods are for the original version as well, and will probably never get ported over. Just ogo with the non special edition Skyrim.

Regarding washed out colours, get yourself an ENB preset and consider texture/landscape/flora mods etc. There's a ton of detailed youtube videos on just about everything modding related, if you need help setting anything up.
>>
>>378305224
>>378306383
Fuck, I meant Morrowind then Oblivion.
>>
File: 1307989439015.png (231KB, 471x354px) Image search: [Google]
1307989439015.png
231KB, 471x354px
>>378305224
>first time lurker
>>
>>378305224
>First, the interface is utter trash shit, from the main menu to the inventory system. It was so bad it really fucked me off during play time.
SkyUI
>Second, the whole universe of the game, while being fun to explore and having a cool lore, looks overall grey. Grey is all i can remember. From yellowish grey fields to light grey mountains and dark grey forests, it slowly became painful to watch.
search through wheather mods, pick one you like the most
>Last, my fucking faggot companion was so retarded i would lose him every twenty minutes, to the point i had to keep a cheat command pasted in console to teleport his stupid ass back to me.
don't use companions
>>
>>378305224
Best way to get rid of the overall grey is using ENB, there are tons to pick from or you could make your own. Look up and compare stuff on youtube to see what you like best.
There's also texture mods for mountains that won't look as grey.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdMhvCM1Dog
>>
Lurking means you don't post you jackass.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.