[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did your dad play video games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 10

File: IMG_7912.jpg (206KB, 838x868px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7912.jpg
206KB, 838x868px
Did your dad play video games?
>>
>>378302018

i wish i knew my dad
>>
>>378302018

He doesn't, but I'm tempted to introduce him to grand strategy games.
>>
My dad used to do shit just like in that comic when i lived at home. Guy is fucking wacky, likes pranks and all that
>>
>>378302018
I wish I had a cool dad.
>>
>>378302018
Yeah he was the one who bought the Playstation when it came out. Initially he bought it for himself but I was the one who ended up playing it most of the time because "this shit ain't nothing like the Intellevision". RIP in peace you drunk bastard.
>>
He played a fuckload of pac-man on the gba sp
>>
File: y6SBvdT.png (419KB, 691x564px) Image search: [Google]
y6SBvdT.png
419KB, 691x564px
oh yeah he liked to play super mario bros, he taught me about the infinite health trick.
i could never actually do it so i would always ask him to do it for me.
i miss my dad
>>
pacman
>>
Pretty much no
When I was playing Yugioh Forbidden Memories as a kid though, he printed out a thousand page guide from online of every possible fusion, and later used some memory card save file exploit to get me 3 of all my best cards, including meteor b dragon
>>
hell no. he could barely use a mobile phone. i mean the old ones, not smartphones
>>
>>378302018
He played Amstrad and Intellevision back in the days, but now not much. I will try to teach him Besiegte when he retires, but i think he'll prefer music production stuff
>>
>>378302018
>Dead Space
>GTA IV
Either that dad is a time traveler or he knows his son can't play those games on his last gen console.
>>
File: peace pepe.png (9KB, 446x399px) Image search: [Google]
peace pepe.png
9KB, 446x399px
He loved being Player 2. Enjoyed Madden.

I wish he had lived long enough to see the rise of FPS. I fucking know he would have LOVED Military Shooters.

Fucking car accident.
>>
He had an Atari 2600 when I was a kid, and we played my Sega Genesis together. He was always tired from work so he never had time for games. He loved Road Rash but usally fell asleep trying to play it with me because he was so tired.

Nowadays he just play card games on his phones.
>>
>>378302018

Yeah

The fucker was a god at Galaga

too bad hes a deadbeat and i aint seen him since i was 8.
>>
>>378302018
Yeah but then he had no sparetime because he had to raise me
>>
https://youtu.be/gCtSgb-b7zg
>>
Pretty sure the only games I've ever seen my dad play were Jungle Strike and Desert Strike on our Mega Drive decades ago.
>>
File: 1460199968923.png (139KB, 308x765px) Image search: [Google]
1460199968923.png
139KB, 308x765px
He introduced me to gaming when I was like 3, and playing together was the best thing. We weren't that well off, and he was always working even on the weekends, but he made sure we always played at least once a week. If there wasn't enough money to go around for new games, he'd pick me up some older second hand cartridges he thought I'd enjoy (and I always did). Gaming mags too.

But he largely stopped playing right before the PS2 came around. He'd watch me sometimes, but even that came to an end eventually.

Gradually lost interest in everything in fact, not just games, and has been largely like the living dead ever since. Reflecting upon my childhood I think he might've always struggled with depression, and he just lost the battle one day and never got back up.
>>
File: IMG_8426.jpg (122KB, 1045x428px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8426.jpg
122KB, 1045x428px
Dads can be pretty awesome
>>
>Evening
>Taking turns playing Phelios on the Mega Drive
>Eating Roysters crisps
It is a comfy memory.

I don't know if it was dad's idea to buy games consoles since we started on Pong/Atari/Master System, he's a mechanic and you wouldn't think games was his thing.
>>
>>378302018
>Did your dad play video games?

My father is a backwards, mountain peasant even though he has been living in Canada for over 40 years.
>>
>>378304819
>backwards, mountain peasant
>living in Canada for over 40 years

Sounds right to me.
>>
>>378302018
Yes. Used to be with the shits but now he is a super casual who plays ESO 2 hours a week and watches Big Bang Theory with the rest of his time
>>
I was teaching him play Empire Earth. He got an army on a transport and moved it to the enemy island. There his army got stuck between some mountain, forest and the coast, and got butchered with ranged attacks.
I laughed as he scrambled to retreat it, and he got very mad, he thought I tricked him into losing the war, and didn't play ever again.

Mom loved playing Dr. Mario all day, its like a weird tetris game.
>>
>My dad will be dead one day

Feels bad.
>>
My dad used to play a lot of classic shooters back in the day, being mainly a PC guy. Wolf 3d, DOOM, Quake, etc. Duke Nukem was his favorite. Besides that, he still plays Age of Empires 2, and Starcraft.
>>
Yeah, he beat Dark Souls a while ago. He's playing Fallout 4 now. He just turned 60 the other week. Hope I still play video games when I'm his age.
>>
No. My dad's convinced that video games are sinful. My mom likes games tho. She's been playing Civ VI on her laptop lately.
>>
>>378302018
I played them with my mom, actually
She always helped me out when I got stuck, which happened often given I started playing at 3

She was pretty good at Tomb Raider, too
But that came to an end after a few years. When she told me later on that she didn't like games and only did it for me I died a little inside
>>
>dad had a second family basically
>called me at my part time job to say he was leaving my mom, brothers and me
>blamed me for why he stuck around for so long since he was waiting for me to go to college and I went to a community college for the first two years out of high school
Nope, never did do anything fun with him really.
>>
I used to watch my dad play CRPGs like Baldur's Gate and IWD. In fact, I'm pretty sure that's where my autism about checking EVERY container in games comes from. Also started playing Master of Olympus because of him which got me into city builders and other strategy games.
>>
>>378302018
>>378302018
A little he played genisis a bit as a kid and let me play stupid games on his mac when i was a kid like freddi the fish, more recently he played a bit of Plants Vs Zombies, Civilization Revolution, and Rainbow Six Vegas but he hasn't played anything too recently. Tried to get him into civ 5 since he loved revolution so much but he didnt like how long the rounds took
>>
>>378307732
>378307732
correction he's now a slither.io addict how could i forget
>>
My dad played Dreamcast and PS2 when they were out but then turned to PC gaming and continues to game on PC to this day.
>>
>>378302117
it's just a prank, son
>>
Flight Sims. He was a Spitfire nerd and anything that would let him fly one was gold to him no matter how poor.
>>
>>378302018
he likes to drink and i had to stop him from hitting my mom
i would kill him if i had the balls
>>
>>378308480
Killing him would only ruin your life even further.
>>
>>378302018
Yes. He was in a guild in WoW during the glory day (2005-2007) and did some raids.

He would literally beat me up if he considered I played badly (I was level 27, 12 years old at the time, did some Battlegrounds).

Mom threatened to divorce if he continued, he stopped. Now he plays Civ V, Diablo III or Bridge online.
>>
He owns every Tomb Raider. Dragged my mother along to the opening night of the first movie.
Doesn't care much for the later games though but he plays them out of obligation - he prefered the puzzles and precise tank-control platforming of the original games. Because somebody will ask: he has no strong feelings around Uncharted.
>>
>>378308692
lmao that's wild
>>
Dad played the fuck out of WC1 and 2, AoE, C&C: red alert. Would teach me how to beat advance wars without even having played the game.
>>
>>378302018
I don't know. My dad died 4 months before I was born. I'm sure he played some Pac-Man or Galaga in some arcade downtown or something though. I think he would have been 32 the year I was born, so he must have had some exposure to arcade games, or maybe he knew someone with an Atari 2600 at the least.
>>
>>378309261
Yeah, that was some strange stuff. He still spergs like a child when he loses at Bridge, though.
>>
>>378308692
your mom sounds like a casual
>>
My dad basically introduced me to video games. He loved Street Fighter 2 in arcades and bought an SNES for the console version. I realize now that he probably let me win a bunch.

He still plays phone games and WoW, but he kinda does everything solo which I kinda feel bad about.
>>
>>378309448
Huh, how'd you turn out?
>>
>>378302018
He did. and I don't know how, he always found secret stuff in the games. sometimes thesegames were months only and he'd find a secret room or something. Old bastard. miss you
>>
He gave me a lot of games from when he was in college like half life, age of empires, diablo. He got back into games recently and has been playing mainly fps like blops, wolfenstein, titanfall 2
>>
My dad got me into Warcraft 2 and 3. Also Heroes 3 of Might and Magic. Used to play a lot of ps2 and the original xbox back in the day, things like Halo and DBZ Budokai.

I haven't seen him in 2 years so I dunno if hes still playing but I imagine he still plays Heroes from time to time
>>
Got me my Genesis, got me my PS2. I know he played a ton of demo discs with the PS2 because he used what little good favor he had borrowing the money to get the PS2 at launch.

He was smart, insane, violent and a complete pig. Easily like old /b/ before 4chan, except without the love for animals. We're just alike so if not for his example I would've made the same mistakes he did, so he succeeded as a father above all else. Now I just have to manage my heart health better than he did.
>>
My parents bought me and my older brother a nes for Christmas one year.

On Christmas eve I thought I heard Santa downstairs in the dead of night (it was probably only around 1 0pm) so I went downstairs to find them and his best friend playing Mario and loving it.

After that the nes was a family present
>>
>>378302018
He still plays. He constantly asks me if there are new shooters for him. I mostly pirate them. He probably played all cod and medal of honor games.
Now he wants to play ghost recon.

Hope fucking rdr2 comes for pc, he adores cowboys and western games

As a kid he also always played oddworld and I watched him playing it
>>
My dad has been a macfag his whole life.

This Christmas I showed him the DCS flight sim.

He loves the Spitfire and shortly after that he bought a PC gaming setup with 144 hz monitor, Track IR, expensive flight pedals and a joystick and he has started to build his own cockpit.
>>
>recently learned my father had other children
>won't get to end both of my family lines
Feels a little bad, but not much.
>>
File: 1493358497812.png (2MB, 1085x610px) Image search: [Google]
1493358497812.png
2MB, 1085x610px
>my dad loved Fallout 4 and used to play Diablo 3 every single day
>we got Horizon and Nier Automata at the same time and he never touched Nier

I'm glad I've surpassed him in terms of taste at least

We had very different opinions about the ending of Samurai Jack
>>
>>378309632
He's on /v/. How do you think he turned out?
>>
>>378310007
Yeah I know, I just didn't know how to respond to that lol...
>>
>>378309632
>>378310042
Surprisingly, relatively well. I'm pretty much a normie now, or at least not an asocial NEET.
>>
>>378302018
Never knew my biological father. My step dad did though and he is the one that originally got me into them he turned into a huge dick when I got older though so I disowned him and fucked off.
>>
>>378310208
Yeah I think a good portion of /v/ has their life together, I'm pretty normie but at the same time I don't really enjoy parties or big social gatherings I try to avoid and play vidya unless I'm dragged.
>>
Good thread, but you should have waited a month or so for Father's Day OP.
>>378304383
>pic
Based dad.
>>378305242
>likes Big Bang Theory
>plays ESO
Checks out, what a pleb.
>mom unironically enjoys Big Bang Theory
>dad talks shit about it whenever it comes up
Love you patrician dad.
>>378305285
This. I don't know how the fuck I'll deal with it but I think about it from time to time because he's over 55 now.
I hope I can live forever for my daughter
>>
He plays age of empires II.
That's the only game he plays since 10 years, I can't even imagine his hours count
I'm shit at it so sometimes he pretends to be bad and he lets me win, it's cute
>>
>Dad got me into WoW during vanilla
>He was borderline addicted to that game
>Had pneumonia so he couldn't work for about a year
>Played the game even more
>Almost cheated on my mom with a girl he met through his guild
>He didn't, but he stopped playing vidya with me all together after that

/v/ isn't lying when they say girls in guilds ruin everything
>>
>>378302018
Yeah, perhaps, he used to be. He gave me SNES.
Not sure now. Whatever.
>>
>>378310208
>>378310351
>normie
Shameful, both of you.
>>
>>378302018
No, that was his fucking loser of a brother that I know I'm becoming more and more like each day.
>>
>>378310987
Truly no excuse to not be a normie if you're attending college in a big town or city.
>>
He used to play in arcades and on his Atari before I was born.
When I was a kid, he got a Genesis with Sanic for me. He might have played it with me but I can't remember. I know my mom played the Illusion games.
I tried getting him to play shit with me on the PlayStation and Gamecube but he seemed largely uninterested, especially with Nintendo stuff like Smash though he'd occasionally watch.
I ended up getting a Xboxhueg long after Live was shut down and he was pretty into playing 4 player Halo 2 split screen with me and my 2 bros. I think that's ultimately what got him to want to buy a modern console (we ended up getting a 360).
>after buying 360, dad still isn't really playing anything
>end up buying goty edition of Fallout 3
>rpgs like that are always a huge timesink for me so I won't start playing a new one until I have a lot of time on my hands
>game collects dust
>dad asks to play it, I let him
>he becomes instantly hooked, finishes it and immediately gets new vegas which he also finishes
>regularly plays 360/xbone games for the last 6 years
>also plays two mobile games (not candy crush-tier) pretty religiously
I think his favourite series since then besides FO is Bioshock and Battlefield (but not Battlefront for some reason, which I prefer over Battlefield) and he mostly alternates between BF1 and The Evil Within. Really glad I talked him into Evil Within, he's been having a great time with it and I'm hoping it'll get him to try more survival horror games since I already own a ton.
/blog
>>
>>378302051
i wish i didnt
>>
File: 1463645416692.jpg (132KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1463645416692.jpg
132KB, 800x800px
I wish I had a father that cared about me
>>
>>378310801
>believes a gurl on WoW is a gurl
>believes it enough to almost ruin his marriage over it
baka anon, did you not teach him the golden rule of the internet?
>>
File: 400x400_Free_Smilie.gif (178KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
400x400_Free_Smilie.gif
178KB, 400x400px
>>378302018
>tfw your dad was an alcoholic
>>
>>378302018
i used to watch dad play the original prince of percia in an old as shit computer when i was around 6 or 7, it was the coolest shit.
Then he became a drunk so i have no other good memories of him
>>
>>378302018
He still plays a shit ton of old Doom wads and mods and thinks brutal Doom is retarded. Also loves the shit out of Rayman Origins, Legends and other 2d platformers but can't play with two control sticks to save his life
>>
>all these anons with drunks for fathers
Jesus Christ, I had no idea how lucky I was. How is it so hard not to be addicted to the liquor Jew?
>>
>>378302051
>>378311614

i wish he didn't go out the way he did.
>>
dad was a killer in galaga in his youth he told me, used to play super mario all star with me when we got a snes, all I can remember from what he told me was I was a sore loser when I was around 5-6?
>>
>>378310351
Big parties are midly annoying, yeah. It's the whole "just let go and be drunk m8 xDDD" thing that I dislike.

I just want to be in control all the time. Small gatherings with people I know, no problems.
>>
>>378313135
Yeah I don't drink at all, smoke a shit ton with some close friends from high school who are in town, it's not that I get anxious at huge parties they just tend to be cancerous in every possible way.
>>
>>378313135
>I just want to be in control all the time
Woman detected
>>
File: Intelligent_Qube.jpg (33KB, 286x286px) Image search: [Google]
Intelligent_Qube.jpg
33KB, 286x286px
>>378302018
Aside from mobile games, I recall my dad enjoying IQ and Bomberman.
>>
>>378302492
>infinite health
What?
>>
>>378313847
Close one, I'm a gay ass faggot.

>>378313705
I drink a few beers, nothing more.
>>
>>378302018

Nope, but he liked to watch when i was playing Rayman
>>
>>378302018
my father player battletech pods with me back in 2000.

that's it. didn't like video games really, just made an exception that one time because he liked the whole cockpit sim thing.
>>
>>378302492
it's ok, sanji
>>
I wish I can be more open up to my dad, he is a very serious peron
>>
>>378302018
Yep, and he keeps beating me in LAN/Online games. I get him one day.
>>
>>378302018
My favorite moments with my dad were when we played SMB3 together, even if he sweared and shit. He remembers so many bonuses and secret compared to me, in all the games he played.
Oh, and he almost finished SNES The Lost Levels, but died at the final Bowser.
He also played Yoshi and OOT with us.

Today, during holidays, when we go back to our parents, we still play together but he only watches old Mario games, OOT or Mario Kart. Last time I played OOT with him he showed me so many heart piece and skultulla locations. I also cried at the ending and he told me something like "What kind of loser cries at OOT?", which made me laugh. But I was crying because I remembered the times when as a kid I played OOT with my sister and she was healthy and not on a million anti depressants. I was too embarrassed to tell him though.
>>
>>378313998
the turtle shell trick.
i meant to say lives
>>
>>378309915
I'm going to assume he enjoyed the ending to S5 and took no serious issue with it
>>
My dad likes playing red alert 2 and his dad plays nothing but racing games
>>
File: 1492609340640.png (71KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
1492609340640.png
71KB, 220x220px
>>378302018
My dad pretty much got me into videogames, my mom thought vidya were dumb or satanic, except like pokemon or mario kart. She's not as bad now though.
>dad let me watch him play and play Half life 1 and American Mcgee's Alice when I was a kid
>played mario kart together
>later on he started really getting into Uncharted games, pretty much played them every year and unlocked all the weapons and skins
>one time he was watching me play the tanker part of Mgs2 during a codec call between Snake and Otacon he asked something like, "is that Snake's little gay friend that stays home?"
>>
who /dadstillplaysvidya/ here
Thread posts: 97
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.