[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fallout 4 Free Weekend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 9

File: Verdict.png (1MB, 1751x1130px) Image search: [Google]
Verdict.png
1MB, 1751x1130px
Worth the time? I stayed clear of the storyline spoilers and waited for all the DLC to drop before even considering it. Occasionally not having Internet access is great for that! Downloaded with the intention to play it vanilla with no mods of any kind, since I've found that I spent almost as much time modding F3, FNV, Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim as playing them. Not that I minded, but I'm kinda crunched for time right now and just want to enjoy a game without feeling like I have to build a mega-sized LEGO kit first.

As soon as I made it out of the vault, I broke down and looked up how to fix the FOV, turn off mouse acceleration, and fix horizontal look vs vertical look rates. As I continued playing, I started wishing for a mod that let me use my mousewheel to cycle through weapons, much like a mod I have for FNV.

>give a mouse a cookie...

Is this another game that needs a tower of mods and tweaks to fix minor issues, or will basic .ini edits fix any major flaws that haven't already been patched out by Bethesda? Should I keep playing Shadowrun: Hong Kong and continue working on my Jenga tower of Skyrim mods? What's the /v/erdict, anons? I'd love to hear multiple opinions on this. The settlement mechanic seems kinda cool, but really clunky, especially when compared to Halo 3's implementation of Forge.
>>
>>378299602
Not even worth it at free.
>>
When it comes to FallOut, play 1, 2, and New Vegas.

If anybody suggests that you play 3 or 4, make a mental note that this is the type of person that probably also bought Chinese Democracy and thought it was good because "it's the new album by the big time band called Guns 'n' Roses guys! They're meant to be really good!".
>>
>>378301434
>If anybody suggests that you play 3 or 4,

F3 itself is shit, but some of the DLCs are good
>>
Fallout 4 is for faggots and ribbitors
>>
Unless you enjoy the whole minecraft building minigame, don't even bother.
It ended up being the best part of the game.
>>
>>378299602
>worth the time?
It's a 20 gig dl and it ends in about 6 hours

a bit late to the party there
>>
>>378299602

Skip it.

It's just a hyped up game made for dumb console players. I couldn't stand the shitty FOV and the disastrous gun feeling. It feels like shooting plastic.

Not even gonna mention the shitty quests and storyline, or the poor dialogues that were used, because console players only have XYZB to choose.

No wonder why all the people praising it are console players, that also like Far Cry 4, Call of Duty, or any other dumbed down console piece of crap.

Get S.T.A.L.K.E.R instead. There's a reason why it's still he number one modded game on MODDB... even 10 years later. You'll have way more fun than an empty casual console game like Fallout 4.
>>
>>378302289
is there a point in playing s.t.a.l.k.e.r. without mods? the action was too sparse for me to have an enjoyable experience last time i tried to play it.
>>
>>378302204
You have to realise downloads like that are trivial in the civilised world
>>
>>378302567
you have to realize real eyes real lies
>>
File: 227326[1].jpg (31KB, 589x530px) Image search: [Google]
227326[1].jpg
31KB, 589x530px
>>378302735
>>
>>378302440
I played all the games without mods first, and it was good. It's a realistic game, in a somehow deserted area... you need to feel the experience of walking for some time. No fast-travel shit.

Again, if you love casual games with auto-aim, wall-hacks, fast-travels, constant action, no deep dialogues, etc. you will enjoy Fallout 4.

Stalker is really more hardcore. It wouldn't good with too much action.
>>
>>378302870
thanks.
>>
I quite liked Fallout 3 when I was a dumb console player, and had fun with it for a while on PC while loaded on mods. There's a certain satisfactory feeling to scavenging the wasteland, combined with the pretty decent level design and relatively desolate atmosphere. I played Fallout 4 for three hours or so, but can definitely say it's a typical case of 'Bethesda fucks up a perfectly solid base for a potentially good game'. The initial pacing (in the first five minutes you go from happy life at home, to running from the nukes, to going into a Vault, to watching your spouse die and child get kidnapped to escaping the incredibly boringly designed vault). Followed by being trusted into the outside where, with no explanation at all, you run into the modding and workshop mechanics of the game.

Modding appeared to largely be the case 'pick 4-5 different things to mod and then 4-5 different versions to mod onto your weapon'. Except these mods barely noticeable improve on your items enough to be actually worth it. Why bother upgrading your 10mm pistol if you're bound to find better eventually, or if you're just wasting materials on a tier 2 mod when you could try and save up for the ever so slightly better and more expensive tier 4 version? Which brings me to materials, unlike FO3 where you had practically zero use for the random junk you found, FO4 expects you to collect it all and dump it at your workshop to construct stuff with.

(1/2)
>>
>>378303531

The first 5 minutes were fun trying to collect the various shit they modeled, until you realize they made so much junk it turns more into 'garbage collector' than you're trying to hunt for hidden safes, locked up stuff and rare goodies. The fact that the workshop function allows you to scrap almost anything you find in the vicinity of one means you also never have to look for the more common shit like steel and wood. In turn, it expects you to use those materials to craft settlements, a really out-of-place mechanic that is neither done well nor fun. Do you really want to play mayor, police, soldier, doctor, construction worker, plumber, electrician and local go-to-guy for however many settlements you make?

Moving on, the first new location you visit and you instantly run into your generic dog companion, which so far appears to be useless besides being a nice distraction for enemies to shoot. Shortly after you run into the Minutemen, some lame-ass do-gooder collection of sissies who are being buttfucked by raiders. The raiders you of course drop within seconds, after which you take control of a power armor, complete with minigun, and fuck up more raiders and a deathclaw. The power armor mechanic is quite excellent, even if the whole encounter felt forced, plus handing you (supposedly) mid to late-game equipment felt like catering to the dumb masses (which it really is all about).

Which is really why the dialogue is dumbed down, coupled with the voice acting and lack of role-play options. The also normally lackluster RPG options are even more useless, dumbed down to just picking whatever not-useless perk you want. Ultimately I'd dare say I would buy it for 10, maybe 20 if I was really bored, and just load it with mods and hope for the best that it at least somewhat manages to inherit FO3's level design.

(2/2)

(Of course if I am wrong, please do tell me so I can put it on my shitlist.)
>>
>>378302440
I found the regular human bandits a little too resilient to bullets in the early game, so that headshots were required to not waste bullets on them.
>>
File: time-warner-cable-logo.jpg (119KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
time-warner-cable-logo.jpg
119KB, 1000x562px
>>378302204

Took me less than 10mins to download, fella. And it was near 30GB. GabeN was right about piracy, it's a distribution problem.
>>
I pirated the game about 3 weeks ago and, like you, did not see any spoilers or gameplay of the game prior. I loved fall out new vegas and really enjoyed fallout 3.

The game fell flat in the story area. The game plays like any other fallout. It is fun but dialog sucks dick. You think you're saying one thing in one tone and then your character says something completely different. Doesn't seem to matter anyway what you say. Tons of glitches that break the game often. Game breaking exploits are easy to find as always.

The legendary minions and weapons were stupid. A really stupid gimmick that means that these are the only weapons worth jack shit and they're overpowered as hell. Seems to have stolen that shit right from borderlands 2. The legendary weapons are just stupid. My pistol did 25 bleed damage and it worked on robots and things without blood...

It's fun to explore randomly but you don't run into any cool adventures. Companions are annoying but are needed to carry all the shit you find.

Meh not worth $70.
>>
>>378299602

>singleplayer game
>free weekend

PLAY MY GAME!!!
>>
>>378304854
i'll add that i did enjoy certain points of the game a lot, but it was never as cool as new vegas, New vegas was just a better game.
>>
>>378301621
I think saying that fallout 3 is shit is slightly hypocritical, the game itself is relatively fine doing what bethesda games do, namely, faffing about in a big open world and puddle deep freedom of choice.

Its just a shit fallout, in every way.
>>
File: 1495057559818.jpg (743KB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1495057559818.jpg
743KB, 1200x1800px
>>378299602
Anon, the game is fucking cracked for years. Dont tell me you havent tried it yet...
>>
>>378299602
Why now? The game was on free weekend the moment it released.
>>
File: CouponForAnts.gif (7KB, 145x127px) Image search: [Google]
CouponForAnts.gif
7KB, 145x127px
>>378304916

Good point there. Possibly Bethesda is using this as a test to see if it can drum up more interest in this or other titles? Why do you think that they're running a free weekend?
>>
File: izguud.png (9KB, 239x90px) Image search: [Google]
izguud.png
9KB, 239x90px
>>378299602
Its good.
get it, its 3 dollars cheaper if you buy it from humble bundle and have a monthly sub to their monthly bundle thing.
I haven't stopped playing it since I downloaded the free trial on Friday.
>>
>>378299602
Do yourself a favor and get New Vegas instead. Fallout 4 is really mediocre and not even worth the harddrive space or download. The only two things it has going for it over new vegas are the graphics and the gunplay, so if you're a faggot who wants a rooty shooty tooty experience then by all means go right ahead.
>>
File: 1494938955388.jpg (20KB, 456x456px) Image search: [Google]
1494938955388.jpg
20KB, 456x456px
>>378303531
>>378303589
Underrated post. Well worded.
>>
Get new vegas.
>>
>>378306959

Thanks anon.
>>
File: 1461658514903.gif (4MB, 519x283px) Image search: [Google]
1461658514903.gif
4MB, 519x283px
>>378299602
already uninstalled. Way worse than Fallout 3. Bland, slow, and plain boring. Bonus retard points for anyone who thought adding animations to near any interaction was a good idea.
>>
File: rood.jpg (106KB, 393x474px) Image search: [Google]
rood.jpg
106KB, 393x474px
I liked 3 more than I did with NV and 4.

>but muh cowboys
>but my opinions
>>
>>378301621
Both are Bethesda games with all that comes with it, but with Fallout 3 you can at least sense they knew what kind of game they want to make, they just fell short on most aspects like threy usually do.

With Fallout 4 it's more like they were just given Skyrim's engine and checklist of things to put in game. It's crafted without any passion, there's just no feeling in it, if you know what I mean.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.