[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking about getting Bayonetta on Steam. How does it compare

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (211KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
211KB, 1280x720px
Thinking about getting Bayonetta on Steam. How does it compare to DMC games?
>>
better imo. flaws are annoying QTEs and some cheesy lines. potentially the long cutscenes as well. if you like dmc you will probably enjoy it.
>>
Worse mechanically (also qte's), but still the second best CUH-RAY-ZEE game.
>>
File: dante pizzas.gif (825KB, 500x203px) Image search: [Google]
dante pizzas.gif
825KB, 500x203px
It improved on alot of the CUHRAZY shit that Devil May Cry had.

Now they just need to make another DMC and combine all the awesome shit from DMC4 and Bayonetta.
>>
>>378298531
It's pretty great after you get used to dodge offset
It's like a weird mix of DMC with NGB dodging and GoW bosses and QTEs
>>
>>378298531
It's not as cool, the gameplay is more boring, the graphics are worse(compared to 4), the characters are worse, and the music isn't as good, but it's still decent.
>>
DMC's more about stringing together different individual moves with their own application and keep the variation going, Bayonetta's more about being able to finish specifics strings of dial-up combos without being interrupted
Personally i'm more into DMC since Bayonetta lacks in weapon variety and most combo strings doesn't have much use, but it's still a pretty good combat system once you get the flow going with dodge offset and what-not
Fuck the QTEs and minigames tho
>>
>>378299620
all wrong
>>
>>378298531
I would say it is better, but in the end it comes down to specifics which you like more.
They are both great games, just play a bit different in some mid-high level tier play.
Music and Art make Bayonetta a overall better game, though.
>>
>>378298531
shit with QTEs
>>
File: 20170422192048_1.jpg (411KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170422192048_1.jpg
411KB, 1920x1080px
>>378298531
Bayonetta is more dial-a-combo than DMC is, but it's still good fun.
They crank up the flashiness to 11 in exchange for a bit of mechanical depth, but there's still plenty there to master.

I'd say the biggest flaw is that the last third drags on too long and reuses too much, but I mean, the second half of DMC4 was the first half backwards.
There's also a couple instakill fuck-you QTEs that Kamiya put in specifically to piss people off, and the gimmick levels suck cock for trying to get good ranks on a playthrough.

I'd still definitely recommend it though. And repeat playthroughs give you access to some of the best post-game extras in any video game.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.