[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best game in the series? Best game in the series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

File: p5.jpg (1MB, 1746x2147px)
p5.jpg
1MB, 1746x2147px
Best game in the series?

Best game in the series
>>
>>378296149
Gameplay wise sure, it had a lot of great quality of life changes. However, everyone knows that P3 was and is the best in the series.
>>
File: 1478893647551.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1478893647551.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>378296680
>P3 was and is the best in the series.
>>
>>378296680
Listen, senpai. The debate between P3 and P4 is a thing of the past. P5 is the undisputed champion now.
>>
>>378296680

I love the fuck out of Persona 3, but let's be honest with ourselves.
>>
>>378296680

>P3 is the best in the series

Agreed
>>
Answer me this /v/....I don't like anime at all, will I like this game if I play it?
>>
>>378296680
I think 5 trumps 3 just by the better dungeons and combat alone, but I still agree that 3 is ahead of 4 by a fucking longshot.
I was so disappointed in 4, it just felt so static, and too juvenile. Teddy alone should discount 4 from any discussion of superiority.
>>
>>378300304
Do you like jrpg's at all?
>>
I like P5's character designs far more than P3's, and more than P4's. P3's characters feel faux stylish, and that makes it harder for me to like them. Also, the art style is so dreary and washed out, and not in a good way like Kaneko's. P4's characters are just as fashionably challenged, but I think it expresses their individuality better rather than just being nonsensical. Still though, it looks like the designs are trying really hard to show off their individuality without any subtlety. P5's characters look normal while having their individual traits. They don't look like neon signs like the P4 cast and they don't look frail and stylish like the P3 cast. Why does Koromaru have wings? Why does the protagonist have that stupid tie thing and always have earphones on if he's not meant to have a personality in the game? What is Aegis a schoolgirl?
>>
>>378300304

As long as you aren't actively disgusted by anime you may like this. I wasn't too big into anime at all when I played Persona 3 years ago and I ended up loving the game.
>>
File: 1495833767123.png (175KB, 414x414px) Image search: [Google]
1495833767123.png
175KB, 414x414px
>>378296680
P3-babby, please. 3 doesn't even have the best story.
>>
>>378300635
>fashionably challenged
As much of a jerk as he was, I always found Yosuke's winter clothing to be stylish as fuck

>Why does the protagonist have that stupid tie thing
Isn't the bow tie part of the uniform?
>>
File: 1490171192897.jpg (12KB, 474x473px) Image search: [Google]
1490171192897.jpg
12KB, 474x473px
>>378300972
post yfw you first heard on shido´s 4th phase.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KukSVxgsQkg
>>
File: whoa.jpg (88KB, 537x400px) Image search: [Google]
whoa.jpg
88KB, 537x400px
>>378301691

I was so defeated after seeing him get all his health back, but suddenly VOCALS. I was fucking PUMPED. LET'S GO.
>>
File: 200 percent mad (Shido).png (275KB, 314x409px) Image search: [Google]
200 percent mad (Shido).png
275KB, 314x409px
>>378301691
COGNITION SON
>>
>>378296680
This. P5 is shit.
>>
File: Smug Jokah.png (285KB, 934x794px)
Smug Jokah.png
285KB, 934x794px
>>378296680
>>
>>378301691
Rivers in the Desert is just the best, no doubt
>>
>>378300304
As long as you don't have an active hateboner for the artstyle, you should be fine. Persona games typically stick to mature and relatable themes and avoid a lot of the more mind-numbing shit you see in most jrpgs
>>
P4 > IS > P5 > FES > EP > P1 >>> P3P
>>
>>378296680
The only great thing about P3 is it's final act though. Kind of like the opposite of P5 which fucking shits the bed towards the end I guess.
>>
>>378300304
No. Ignore what the others are saying and don't waste your time, it has marginally different anime influences to the norm but is still anime as fuck so if you don't like that sorta stuff you won't like this game.
>>
>>378306210
What's so bad about P3P?
>>
>>378306514
Plenty, but to name a few
>I didn't like the lack of character models.
>battle system has been changed but the battles themselves weren't balanced
>doesn't have the answer (whilst it isn't that good to begin with, it's still a loss)
>The main reason to play it is for the female MC, but she is very different to the male MC, ruining the tone of the game - which is only one of two things P3 actually does better than the rest
It's been a while since I've played it so I couldn't give you a complete rundown. But the most important reason for it being terrible is that it made me question if I even liked FES. A game so bad that 'replaying' it made me wonder if I liked it in the first place.
>>
>>378306210
>P4>anything
>>
>>378307080
Damn, is it really that bad?

>>The main reason to play it is for the female MC, but she is very different to the male MC, ruining the tone of the game - which is only one of two things P3 actually does better than the rest

Isn't she a blank slate, just like Minato? How does she ruin the tone?
Although I always disliked how the male party members never had an S Link on P3. I always wanted to hang out with Akihiko but never could. At least I could take Koromaru for a walk, though

Did you end up disliking FES in the end, BTW?
>>
>>378307146
You're right, he should have switched it for P4G
>>
>>378307146
Are you 15?
>>378307313
She still has a bit of a perdonality. She is more upbeat and friendly. The music change and colour scheme change doesn't help either.
P3 had an interesting tone where even during the day when it was much more upbeat, there was an element of danger to it. That was completely lost on me when I played P3P.

I haven't replayed FES since, and I doubt I'll be able to for a long time, unless I emulate. So the case be that P3P wasn't actually much worse than FES, I've just changed and would no longer like FES. However, I haven't replayed FES to confirm that - so until I have reason to think otherwise, I would still say that the difference between the games is significant enough for me to hate one compared to the other.
>>
>>378307779
You're right, the FeMC had different tracks and colour scheme. Yeah, I can see how that would hurt the game's tone. It's a shame.

For me the main deterrent against playing P3P was how the game turned into a Visual Novel outside of Tartarus. I understand why, but I don't like it at all
>>
>>378296149
>People think 4 is even better than 1 let alone 2 or 3.
Every one here is a child.
>>
>>378304720
Images like this make only so disappointed how bland Shido is as villain, but also bland as a politician.

With Armstrong they were confident in writing is over-the-top rhetoric. Shido literally says nothing of interest
>>
5 was good but i felt empty after beating it. not the despair inducing "oh fuck me im going to miss these guys for weeks ;_;" empty, just empty feeling. i guess i was actually happy that it was over, since the game was to bloated and schizophrenic for its own good. in all aspects it plays smoother than anything before it, but its pretty fucking boring. 3 and 4 were definitely better and the eternal battle between them will forever rage on.
>>
>>378308219
>saying Persona 2 rather than IS and EP separately
So you haven't played them?
>>
>>378308138
Yeah, thats what I meant by a lack of character models. They're not even that good in FES and P4, but they are missed when they're taken away. They must do something right.
>>
>>378308394
Plotwise IS and EP are part of the same central plot

EP's gameplay is better though. You can actually die unlike IS
>>
>>378308827
EP's story is noticeably weaker though. Whilst it's gameplay and sideactivities are better, it is also much longer than IS - which can be an argument against it, given how slow and monotonous the combat is.
Also whilst it is harder than IS, it is still rather easy most of the time.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.