[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rimworld

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: rimwanda.jpg (129KB, 872x667px) Image search: [Google]
rimwanda.jpg
129KB, 872x667px
Rimworld Thread

Favorite/least favorite colonist?

Pic related is not my favorite but is definitely my colony's favorite colonist.

My least favorite doesn't deserve a picture:

>passion in most skills
>decent starting levels too
>still young
>no blocked labors
>one health issue
>"wake up addiction"
>how bad can that be?
>takes like a fucking year to go away
>guy is useless entire time
>keeps wandering about
>gives himself hypothermia
>needs babysat constantly
>"it'll be worth it when he is better"
>gets better
>ALWAYS has like 12 bad moodlets
>everyone else is awesome
>mental breaks every other day
>eventually gets shot to death by mechanoids while dazed
>don't even care

Fuck that guy.
>>
>>378292769
I want to know why my retards can't hit their fucking shots with 14 shooting while the raiders get a one shot downed with a fucking shoddy 34% short bow and 1 skill

Also fuck hunting, a whole day trying to hit a fucking deer, only to either hit some predator or make the whole deer kingdom come after the colony

Also fuck blight
>>
>>378293598
fuck blight
fuck robot ships crashing right in the middle of my colony
fuck bug spawning in the cave bedroom
and fuck the lack of components
>>
>game's called rimworld
>you don't rim worlds
refunded
>>
>>378293598
I just reload an autosave when blight hits.

It's entirely unfair especially when you are not playing on infinite growing season. It is just no fun to instantly lose thousands of pieces of food in an instant and possiblt be fucked for an entire year.
>>378293749
Not only lack of components but they keep making things need more of them and the tech to make them is almost at the top of the tree.

Why isn't it unlocked with machining?
>>
I only ever lose colonies to Mechanics ships now.

Raids are easy to funnel into a turret like using proper walls and animal hordes are a joke. But mech always kick my ass.

What can I do to consistently beat them besides lining them with IEDs?
>>
>>378293749
just limit your colonists time outside a day. they can still work outside for a limited time and not die.
shredders, nigga
you can make components, otherwise just trade for them.
>>
>>378294810
Use snipers to take them out at long range.
>>
>>378294810
I have a very easy time with crashed ships.

The secret is to build stone walls around them and use the walls as cover. Scythers' advantange is their absurd range, which is negated when you start so close. When a centipede shoots at a colonist, have them move them towards the center of the wall. The wall will block every shot. A wall four or five tiles long on each side is enough.

Explosives and EMPs definitely help.
>>
File: Screenshot (2).png (3MB, 1824x1026px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (2).png
3MB, 1824x1026px
here's my first modded colony of 17A. them zombies are annoying.
>>
>>378296053
I haven't touched A17 yet. How do you like the farming and animal raising changes?
>>
>>378296495
its a bit harder to get food and mining is a bigger pain in the ass. all of the animals were killed on my map by the zombies so i don't know about them.
>>
>>378296663
I heard that food now takes longer to grow but yields more. Did you notice that being the case?

Tynan altered it so that breeding animals for meat and milk is much more viable.
>>
>>378293853
>>378293749
The idea of the blight doesn't even make any sense. Why would it wipe out only your crops and not every plant life? Why wouldn't it just affect one crop? The second one would be much more fair because it would make you grow multiple crops instead of relying on just one.
>>
>>378296823
it does take a bit longer to grow things that were fast, such as rice. they do have a nice yield if a god colonist i harvesting them. im using the tilled soil mod because im a lil cheat.
>>
>>378296823
I swear all he does is make the game a harder pain in the ass.

I want earlier metal armor that doesn't require a fuckton of components. Maybe some sort of colony culture mechanics so my citizens don't lose thier shit when I kill prisoners that tried to murder us. Maybe advanced turrets that don't erupt into a fireball on impact
>>
>>378296991
Yeah, I also agree that blight is bullshit. All the other events either have some warning (raids), can be avoided with some pre-planning (electrical shorts), or do some initial damage and need to be contained after the fact (thunderstorms, crashed ships). Blights are completely without warning and do all their damage at once with no way to react, prevent, or mitigate.

I hope it gets changed to something like a Super Weed, which will damages and spreads to adjacent crops. If you want to make it more interesting, have it be extremely nutritious but only edible by animals.
>>
>>378297263
there was a mod for A16 that changed blight to a horde of locusts that could be killed. i want the game to be 64 bit so i can mod it more and not run out of memory mid game.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.