[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So can someone help me understand this guys motive? I haven;t

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: Hot_Coldman.png (268KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
Hot_Coldman.png
268KB, 500x350px
So can someone help me understand this guys motive? I haven;t beaten Peace Walker yet, so I don't know if there's some epic Kojima twist where it turns out his motivation is completely different but right now it's pretty much
>I'm going to fire nuclear weapons to prove that we'll fire back and nuclear deterrence works!
>but whoever we attack will fire back
>no they won't, because we have nukes and we proved we'll fire back by firing first!
>>
His point is that an AI controlled first response will be better than any human as the AI can make that decision, where as a human would be too terrified to press the button.

It proves wrong though when NORAD decide to launch a nuke in retaliation so his plan fails.
>>
>>378290967
The Peace Walker Project is based on his "Absolute Deterrence" logic. With Peace Walker, nobody will try and launch a nuclear strike into the US since the AI will automatically retaliate to a enemy nuclear strike. And since PW is a mobile unmanned AI nuclear launching platform it can be deployed anywhere and be on standby 24/7. This was his version of "True Peace".
>>
>>378291191
does that actually happen?
>>
>>378293474
Play it and find out.
>>
He's hot then he's cold, he's yes then he's no.
>>
>>378290967
His name is fucking Hot Coldman. Thats all you need to know about his motive.
>>
>>378293546
not that guy but I legit don't remember what happened

>Peace Walker is going to launch a nuke
>NORAD is going to retaliate
>BiBo manages to stop them
>I don't remember what happened
>Little Bigman pushes the button for something
>boss battle
>Peace Walker drowns itself
>a bunch of singing
>>
Woman Manman
>>
>>378293431
That's retarded
>>
>>378294512
Thats Hideo and Kojima for you.
>>
>>378290967
i want that track that plays when he dies while activating peacewalker
>>
>>378290967
There's actually some history on this one. His whole issue was that a human hand would waver on pushing the button that signals Nuclear Armageddon purely for the sake of "retaliation", rendering the concept of Mutually Assured Destruction useless.

And history has more or less proven this to be true. There has been more than one occasion during cold war where, due to various erroneous factors, one side believed the other had finally fired first. The men in charge of launching retaliation in all those cases ended up choosing to play it safe, and obviously avoided World War 3 as a result.

Seriously, look up Stanislav Petrov sometime.
>>
>>378290967
> I haven;t beaten Peace Walker yet
Oh good luck doing boring side ops and catching zadornov 6 times. Also every time you are doing a """""""""""BOSS BATTLE""""""""" remember that some people here consider PW their favorite Metal Gear game.
>>
>>378293881
IIRC
>PW gets loaded with false information and is ready to launch into BB's misfit island to demonstrate that PW won't hesitate to fire back with the added benefit of fucking with central america and the Russians.
>You stop ps4 gamesman, but to prove a point he sends false data to NORAD that the US is being attacked by nukes and claiming that they'll be too pussy to fire back, which is why they need PW.
>They're about to fire back
>BB calls them to prevent it, one recognizes that BB is telling the truth, another points a gun to his head and says to fire back
>they're about to fire back again
>enter singing and PW an heroes.
>>
>>378290967
his whole bet that nuclear deterrence was bad idea, and nobody would actually have the guts to retaliate, so the idea was to entrust it to a machine that would.
>>
>>378296983
The false data existed to make Peace Walker fire in the first place, proving that it's retaliatory strike would be automatic. "Firing a nuke would be the same as pressing the button against yourself."
>>
>>378296905
>catching zadornov 6 times
I have never gotten the true ending for this reason.
Fuck that shit.
I'm a glutton for grinding and shit but that Zardonov bullshit was so fucking lazy I dropped the game for good right there.
>>
>>378290967
Pretty Goodman
>>
>>378290967
He believed nuclear deterrence is a sack of bull.
The principle is "nuke someone"="get wrecked".
The two problems is first strike capability (cripple systems and prevent from retaliation) and human conscience (I'm a moral being and won't genocide others).
So, if someone wanted, they could easily drop bomb anyway, since human beans would generally have aversion.
The peace walker project was in theory a system of autonomous mobile launchers (hard to locate all), nulling first problem and second in one.
He then hacked the strike into ststems, hoping to prove people are unable to uphold the retaliation part while his walkers can. And then set the target to some pirates base.
>>
>>378290967
he's trying to sell his idea in the same way you hear conspiracies about terrorism to escalate security.

also he's trying to sell the wargames esque "humans won't launch" thing, which is played off differently in this than that movie.

now go finish the game.
>I don't know if there's some epic Kojima twist
blankly stared at.jpg
>>
>>378297857
what
I dont remember it being that bad
just fuck paz a few times and get Zardonov after
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.