[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who /bored of it already/ here having Testfires were a mistake.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 10

File: preoder cancellation.jpg (494KB, 1329x1346px) Image search: [Google]
preoder cancellation.jpg
494KB, 1329x1346px
who /bored of it already/ here

having Testfires were a mistake.
we've seen all there is to see of this game already.
>>
>>378288143
i still wanna try the snake guy
>>
>>378288143
>No twintelles's ass
>we've seen all there is to see
>>
>>378288143
Why is his hair toothpaste?
>>
>>378288143
I wasn't sure about the game but the testfire convinced me it's not worth buying.
>>
>>378288143
no shit, it looks like shovelware that should be priced at 14.99 at most.
>>
people said the same shit about splatoon

they've been working on this game for at least a year, probably a LOT longer counting pre-production, but you claim you've seen everything - knowing full well that there's about 10 other modes, tons of arms and 3 more characters, as well as free stages and DLC, and probably dozens of tricks you haven't discovered, let alone mastered

the game's not shallow, you are
>>
>>378288548
At least be subtle
>>
>>378289187
OP first
>>
>>378288143
>we've seen all there is to see of this game already.
That's not how fighting games work though. The main draw is to fight against another player and as players get better and more familiar with the game, the game will change even if the mechanics do not.
>>
>>378288143
>we've seen all there is to see of this game already.
Its a FIGHTING GAME. Hello?
>>
>>378288143
I got bored in ~25 minutes. I really just don't enjoy fighting games. It has to be something like Power Stone or Smash Bros or Dark Souls for me to really get a kick out of it. I fucking hate injustice and SFV and all of that shit. Never did care for traditional fighters.
>>
File: min-min-arms-image-810x400.jpg (53KB, 810x400px) Image search: [Google]
min-min-arms-image-810x400.jpg
53KB, 810x400px
>>378288365
I'd take Min Mins thighs over twintelles ass any day.
>>
>>378289848
>Dark Souls
>Fighting game
Hwat?
>>
>>378289603
Well this is true for actual fighting games but not for this fisher price looking casual shit
>>
>>378289991
What
>>
>>378289983
Like I said, it has to not really be a fighting game for me to enjoy it. Smash and Power Stone are Party games (not talking about competitive melee) and Darin souls has 1v1 and FFA fighting but it's nothing like a fighting game
>>
>>378288143
My Nephew is.
>>
Man haven't been able to play, because I'm working at the times they do it and then I get out of work late and it's pretty hard to wake up early for the morning tests. How is it? Be as unbiased as possible.
>>
>>378289991
What are you talking about the art style is great
>>
>>378289991

>pretty much just reposting what I wrote in the actual arms thread

This is a first party Nintendo title designed from the ground up to be a well-rounded fighting game, and has been in the works for at least a year, probably way longer.

You've played it for...maybe 3 hours? maybe, and claim we've seen literally everything

forgive me for rolling my eyes
>>
>>378290096

On some level the game fights you - as much as it wants you to like it, there's a sort of bare minimum of adjustment to it's style

It's very easy to pick up, but based on some simple math calculating the total number of possible arms combinations, and the insane amount of subtleties people are picking up on already, I have a feeling this is going to be a surprisingly deep game

That said, it's aesthetic isn't for everyone, and can be hard to "take seriously"

I can say, without bias, that it's at least solid. Whether it's got staying power and something particularly memorable in it remains to be seen.
>>
>>378290367
Oh the aesthetics don't worry me, I love Nintendo's current graphic style. What worries me is how quickly I'll get tired of the game. Like I bought MK8 Deluxe, and it's good but I can't say in retrospect that it is worth $60. But if the game has depth as you say it might be worth it, because one of the things that kill MK8 for me is that unless you are an absolute master at the game it's fucking hard to get first place because everyone always gangbangs you on the final lap, even if you've held first place for most of the race.
>>
>>378290552

In party mode? It is absolutely possible to get screwed by items and the usual shenanigans. It's a blast.

Fortunately, however, the game is also pretty clear with ranked mode (no items, only certain stages I imagine), multi-stage training courses (basic, beginner, medium, advanced), a target practice mode, and minigames and modes that help strengthen the fundamentals, that this game is a lot more open to people taking it's fights seriously than Mario Kart ever was
>>
>>378288548
Are you seriously comparing Splatoon to Arms? To play Splatoon you need to master simultaneous motion or stick controlled mobility and weapon usage as well knowing how to adjust loadouts to accommodate different modes or specials you'll face. There's also a bunch of clothing that changes how all the aforementioned works, worldwide tournaments to help you fix said clothing, and a fully fleshed single-player story. Spla2n even has online horde mode, making for an even deeper playing experience.

Arms just has punching.

Ok, sure you have different gloves, and characters are slightly different from one another, but the gameplay is solely about punching. You say its not shallow, but after 100 matches will you still say the same? After you get all the Arms, will your opinion change? Will yo still give a shit about Arms by the time the DLC comes out? This game is not Splatoon, and is not worth $60.
>>
>>378290170
I need to play the game for a 1 year+ to know if its not shallow as fuck? Do you even understand what the concept of a fucking DEMO is?
>>
>>378288143
I was highly sceptical of the game but the testpunch convinced me to buy it.
The game gets intense. And skill matters a lot more than I thought. If you know what you're doing you can easily perfect players who don't know what they're doing. And the same is naturally true in reverse, if you let up the opponent can easily get the upper hand over you.

Never give up. Even if you're down to a sliver of health you can still turn things around even if the opponent has full health. For as long as you tense up and know what you're doing. And never assume you've won before you actually have because your enemy can make a comeback just the same.

Yes I know it's a "fighting game", but I really never expected it to follow the dynamics of a traditional 2d fighter. But it kind of does. The Testpunch kind of convinced me that the game is legit. Which I was not expecting.
>>
>>378291060
>You say its not shallow, but after 100 matches will you still say the same? After you get all the Arms, will your opinion change? Will yo still give a shit about Arms by the time the DLC comes out?
This is all subjective. You could boil down splatoon to such general terms too. I got bored of splatoon in the first week it was out.
>>
>>378291060
ouch the generalization.
Do you hate all fighting games or just this one?
>>
>>378291467
Yes. And to say that a Demo with not even a fraction of the content of the full game is shallow is fucking stupid.
>>
>>378291467
A demonstration, to give you a sample of the product .

Literally the only reason you're saying it's shallow is because it's a Nintendo game.
>>
>>378291659
So there are more maps and game types?
>>
>>378289848
K, so your opinion really doesn't matter. Thanks
>>
>>378291060

>Are you seriously comparing Splatoon to Arms?

Am I comparing two first party nintendo games marketed on their original style and depth of gameplay? Yeah, I guess so. You seem shocked.

>Arms just has punching.

You keep saying this. I think we're both well aware that's bullshit.

Yes, a fighting game is generally focused on combat, this one on boxing, but reducing the entire game to it's most basic concept is like saying "soccer is dumb cause it's just kicking a ball around". Anything lazily boiled down to it's most basic concept is going to sound vapid.

The total amount of available arms combinations and loadouts is currently about 9,600. This is BEFORE the DLC they're planning to release. So we can agree that the pool is at least wide, if not deep.

After a few very limited hours, people are already discovering zig-zagging, special ability cancels, widening and narrowing gloves, instant counters and shield parries, and a shitload more. This is all branching out from a core gameplay mechanic that is constant regardless of your arms loadout. This is in a few hours. Do you remember how long it took people to even accept that gyro controls were the way to go with Splatoon?

So when you say "arms is just punching", you're going to have to expect that people call you out on not knowing what the fuck you're talking about
>>
>>378288143
That's literally the fucking point of these. It's a demo. You play it to try it out and see if you like it. If you do, you buy it when it's out, if not, you don't.

Don't be retarded, OP. This isn't a new concept.
>>
>>378291825
10 maps
3 more characters (maybe 4 if final boss is unlockable)
Grand Prix Mode, Hoops
30 ARMS for each character
Ranked matches
Ongoing free DLC
>>
>>378288143
>having Testfires were a mistake.
how was it a mistake, now you dont need to buy the game
are you sad because you cant give nintendo more money
>>
>>378291825

holy shit are you serious
>>
>>378291060
Dude splatoon is just shooting tho
>>
>>378291963
>>378291907
its fucking weird to me that this is a new concept to shitposters like OP.
>>
>>378288143
Try to be more subtle with your shitposting
>>
>>378288143
Arms is 2017's Overwatch and people are gonna get tired of this shit very quickly.
>>
>>378288143
It would probably be good if it was $40. Not enough content.
>>
File: 1487825781091.png (28KB, 195x119px) Image search: [Google]
1487825781091.png
28KB, 195x119px
How do you curve punches with non-motion controls? I never got a chance to try them out.
>>
>>378292126
try them tomorrow, regular controls feel real nice to me.
Its the same stick you use to move, which sounds worse than it actually is. I ended winning more with the Pro than motion, but I'm gonna have to give the latter more of a chance tomorrow.
>>
File: 1494003159955.png (148KB, 320x374px) Image search: [Google]
1494003159955.png
148KB, 320x374px
>>378288143
I like it. I think single player is going to fun plus you can unlock arms and shit and find out what works and what you like. It's untrue we've seen everything this game has to offer, we haven't even played all of the fighters.
>>
>>378292202
Yeah I played with motion today and I feel like I'd enjoy traditional controls more
>>
>>378291825
jesus christ
>>
>>378292116

I T ' S A F U C K I N G D E M O

Are you such a fetus that you don't remember what demos were like?

I want neo-v to leave.
>>
>>378292536
I said the same thing about For Honor when the betas were going on. It's the same fucking thing. Tacked on single player is bad.
>>
This looks like the kind of game where players who are good at it will never get hit and every match will end up timing out.

Not saying that as an actual criticism, since that isn't how the game is right now. It just feels like that could be a problem with how slow it is to attack compared to how fluid the movement is.
>>
>>378289929
A man of fine tastes.
>>
>>378292717
>comparing Ubisoft to Nintendo
>>
>>378289929
min min is qt
>>
>>378292821
Same fucking thing. In fact, For Honor is a much better game. Only thing that makes it bad is the Ubisoft name.
>>
File: 1483801650252.jpg (25KB, 480x477px) Image search: [Google]
1483801650252.jpg
25KB, 480x477px
>Twintelle is 26 years old, 5'9 and 138 lbs of ass
>>
>>378293026
lol. For Honor is shit and you know it. The single player isn't tacked on from what we know. There's 7 difficulties for one thing.
>>
>>378290552

If you don't think $60 for Mario Kart 8 is worth it then you're just retarded and anything you say at this point is worth ignoring.
>>
>>378293026
Are the connection issues with peer to peer still happening?

My point was Nintendo will continue to change/add/balance things in the game and it will progressively get better.
>In fact, For Honor is a better game
?
>>
>>378293131
Not going to argue about gameplay with a drone.
My point was that both games should be worth $40, and they're fairly similar with demo/content bullshit. Only difference is that it's okay when Nintendo takes my money.
>>
>>378288143
Testfire saved me 60 bucks
>>
>>378293026
>For Honor is a much better game
Yeah, if they could fucking balance it correctly and remove P2P connections.
As of now, it's shit. Warden is still unstoppable, Warlord has an infinite shield charge knockdown that can be used forever, Shinobi can teleport 40 feet when using a heavy right out of revenge, etc.
>>
>>378292717

But this isn't tacking on single player. It's providing an arcade mode, some extensive training modes, and some polished minigames. Arcade mode and training mode are things Literally. Every. Fighting Game. Has.

There is no elaborate story, we haven't seen a single actual cut-scene. Every Arms direct has been focused ENTIRELY on core content. You say "tacked o"n like the single-player experience was a half-baked afterthought. Every single player mode is designed to make you better at the game, while being fun on it's own.

I guess I just don't understand your criticism?
>>
File: DATPQSEXYAARyaq.jpg large.jpg (179KB, 1152x1543px) Image search: [Google]
DATPQSEXYAARyaq.jpg large.jpg
179KB, 1152x1543px
Each ARMS girl has a different quality to their lower half.

Min Min has thighs,
Ribbon Girl has the spats and crotch
Twintelle has the ass
Mechanica has the hips

What will the next girl have?
>>
They should've included a mode where you could practice by yourself indefinitely. The testpunch was better when everyone didn't know what they were doing, but now a few people do and they wipe the floor with everyone else and make it not as fun and it's hard to keep up with them.

Still though it's been really fun so far, but I don't know how many more sessions I can play. I hope they include all the characters and more modes next week.
>>
>>378291060

God this argument is so fucking beyond retarded.

>Game I like and played extensively I will talk about as detailed as possible to make the fact that its a pretty shallow but fun shooter seem really intense and intricate

>Game I don't like after playing once is poo :(
>>
>>378293341
It's a full console game with free DLC with more fighters and maps. 40$ is ridiculous. If you don't like fighters then yeah, maybe arms isn't for you.
>>
>>378293283
Connection is getting better.
For Honor is doing the same thing.
>>
>>378293558
Very good to hear
>>
I still haven't been able to try the test punch since I keep missing the times.
>>
>>378293406
>What will the next girl have?
The penis
>>
File: 1495923978836.png (885KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1495923978836.png
885KB, 1280x720px
>>378293963

As long as it's a feminine one.
>>
It's a great new concept and I think it's fun. Already pre-ordered based on my time I've had so far
>>
>>378288449
Same. At first I was feeling the drought and getting into the hype of dudes experiences playing it at cons. Now that I've tried it out there's no way I'm paying $60 for it.
>>
File: time.webm (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
time.webm
3MB, 480x270px
>>378292743
that sounds like a pretty good criticism. Worth bringing up for sure. There are options for increasing round time, but thats likely just for local and playing online with friends.
I did have one match that timed out in the demo, granted it was a 3-way
motherfucker really tried grabbing through that Guardian 3 times, wow.
>>
File: 1493234307820.png (233KB, 601x850px) Image search: [Google]
1493234307820.png
233KB, 601x850px
>>378293406
If they want me to buy it, it had better be a loli.
>>
File: 818003.jpg (399KB, 1117x1200px) Image search: [Google]
818003.jpg
399KB, 1117x1200px
>>378294541
they do
2 years old
>>
The biggest mistake is releasing Splat2n only one month after arms. Say goodbye to the online community especially in Japan
>>
>>378294541
You're not supposed to hit little girls
>>
>>378294828
this.

I'm picking up Splatoon 2 only, unless Arms convinces me otherwise.

So far, ARMS has been a disappointment.
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.