[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was the Wii U really a scam?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5

File: 1500.jpg (162KB, 1500x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1500.jpg
162KB, 1500x1050px
Was the Wii U really a scam?
>>
Nuclear codes
>>
Some one please give me an idiot proof guide on homebrewing it. I can go to the homebrew launcher but choosing any app freezes my system
>>
>>378285758
A console that can literally play 99.9 percent of every Non-Nintendo Switch and Non-3DS Nintendo console and handheld game ever made, all in one machine, and THEN some?

If anything, we're the one's scamming.
>>
>>378285835

Keep trying. Delete the cache.
>>
>>378285835
Did you use the /hbg/ guide?
Are you launching it from the menu or the web browser?
>>
>>378285758
no, it was just unsuccessful.
>>
>>378285950
Web browser. at this point I've tried WiiU.guide and a couple of other mainstream guides but am willing to start from scrtach
>>
>>378285872
>literally play 99.9 percent of every Non-Nintendo Switch and Non-3DS Nintendo console and handheld game ever made, all in one machine, and THEN some?
A PC can do all that, plus 3DS games
>>
File: 1495589921424.jpg (100KB, 840x970px) Image search: [Google]
1495589921424.jpg
100KB, 840x970px
>>378285758
Nintendo has been a scam since the wii. You get a select handful of titles including your marios, zelda, and smash and thats it. The rest is bullshit shovelware that ninteniggers shill on here praising it as the best shit ever.
>>
>>378285913
The browser cache? Ok
>>
The Wii U isn't canon you're supposed to get the Switch
>>
Can I play DS and/or 3DS titles on Wii U? I feel like I keep seeing different answers on this
>>
>>378286285
DS yes, 3DS no.
>>
>>378285835
What app are you trying to launch?
>>
Should I play Monster Hunter 3? I've had a Wii U for years and never played it, I see people saying it's good though.
>>
>>378285758
no.

They fucked up in launching it, tried to recover it, realise it was a lost cause and moved onto the next console and decided to come back strong though.

The Wii U was dead like a year before anyone realised it was. It wasn't really dead until 3rd party support failed and that was only because they didn't put a number after it. Seriously, if it was called the Wii 2 instead of the Wii U it would have been fine. Japan didn't realise the west need numbers after shit instead of letters.

Dragonball Z might work fine in japan, but here you better call that shit Dragonball 2 otherwise people won't have a fucking clue what's going on, won't buy it and you're fucked. Dragonball Z only works in america as it is because nobody knows what Dragonball is.
>>
File: wiiuh4x.png (2MB, 715x8514px) Image search: [Google]
wiiuh4x.png
2MB, 715x8514px
>>378285835
Here.

I wonder why they don't just rerelease it. Without that screen thing, just a wiimote instead. And if people want to play screen games, let them use it with a tablet or switch.
>>
>>378286780
Snes9x and the NES version of that mainly
>>
>>378286152
>A PC can do all that, plus 3DS games
Why pay 10x more for Excel machine when I can buy 3DS and get all that and BoTW with grass and without glitches?
>>
>>378287209
Thanks but it's really low res where can I find it?
>>
The Wii U was the Garlic jr saga, the Switch is currently the beginning of the android saga.
>>
>>378288418
Whats the Cell saga?
>>
Nintendo fumbled the fuck out of it from the reveal, it's a great piece of hardware with so much potential but no one wanted to invest in it because they think AAA games with bloated budgets and advertising are safe bets rather smaller cheap new ips that could return with a huge profit with not a lot of sales
>>
>>378288530
The 4DS
>>
>>378287013
>and decided to come back strong though.
what, by just rereleasing the past few years of the previous console on hardware that's cutting edge but only barely better because it's made for a fucking tablet?
>>
>>378288609
>rather smaller cheap new ips that could return with a huge profit with not a lot of sales
even if they were making those, why make them for the system with the smallest install base that buys the least games instead of the major contenders? especially since doing so would not only be more profitable, but allow them more freedom since they don't have to fit the game onto a system which is massively weaker than the rest
>>
File: wasdasd.png (40KB, 696x234px) Image search: [Google]
wasdasd.png
40KB, 696x234px
>>378287397
>it's really low res

no wonder you can't do something so incredibly basic, you're a retarded phoneposter
>>
>>378289029
Kek you got that right friend.
>>
>>378289029
>can't open full-size images on mobile anymore
Thanks hiro
>>
>>378288707
be releasing more exclusives worth playing than either xb or ps has at this point with more on the horizon. I'm not playing consolefag here, but PC/whatever Nintendo makes is usually always the best choice, because the other two are just usually gimped PCs except you gotta pay for online.
>>
The Wii U is undeniably the best console of this generation.

It was robbed of it's success by it's abysmal start and Nintendo's insistence to use weaker hardware to make the console more compact and "convenient"

When sony shit the bed with the ps3, they could recover eventually because they pushed a whole bunch of money to advertising and making the console cheaper, but still competitive to the 360 since they got all the ports.

The Wii U couldn't do that because 3rd parties didn't want to put in the large amount of extra work needed to port their games and Nintendo didn't ever manage to resolve the confusion everyone had for the console.

The games on the Wii U should speak for themselves and if you didn't own one, you missed out on some high quality shit.
>>
>>378291065
stfu
>>
I took my brothers when I moved out for school. He had Pikmin 3, Mario Kart, Smash 4, and I picked up Mario Maker and BOTW for it. I don't get the hate, it's Nintendo. You know everything but the 1st party games are going to be shit. I guess I didn't pay full price for it though, but it was worth 100$. Bonus points for having games I can actually play with my gf as well.
>>
Post the woman with a soccer van full of it
>>
>>378289834
>2011±6
>not using clover for your dumbass phoneposting
>>
>>378285758
Nope. Not at all.
Scam implies they outsmarted you and made off with all your money.

No one bought one except for pirates.
>>
>>378292539
It gets hate because it's the only one without its own exclusive Zelda, and also has the worst Star Fox and Paper Mario and had the shortest life.
>>
>>378292762
BOTW runs fine on it, it's stuttered maybe 5 times on me in 60 hours. I haven't liked a Star Fox since 64, are there even any good recent ones?
>>
>>378292863
>it's stuttered maybe 5 times on me in 60 hours
I don't believe you
>>
>>378292863
BOTW isn't exclusive though, that's the point he was making.
Every Nintendo home console has its own exclusive Zelda except for Wii U.
And it IS better on Switch.
>>
File: IMG_20170324_004729~01.jpg (2MB, 3014x2610px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170324_004729~01.jpg
2MB, 3014x2610px
>pikmin 3 was great
>mh3u was great for 400hrs
>W101 was one of the best games of the generation
>MK8 was good
>3dworld was fantastic
>Mario maker was fun
>Zelda HD remakes were ok
>Splatoon was a real surprise
>Bayonetta bundle was fucking perfect
>Xenoblade X was meh
>Tokyo Mirage Sessions was surprisingly better than I expected
>Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze was probably the best 2d platformer ever made
>Smash Bros is still fun to play
Pic related, although I only mentioned games I put a lot of time into.
>>
>>378292636
Shut up! Don't spoonfeed him, we have enough retards here as it is.
>>
>>378293263
The Zelda remasters certainly are not worth paying $60 if you played the originals.
And why did you buy Star Fox?
>>
>>378292863
No, 64 is the last good Star Fox game. Zero is not even worth pirating.
>>
>>378293391
Why? I thought it looked good and got a bunch of shit for preordering it. Platinum is my favourite dev, so I figured why the hell not.

I haven't even put Guard in my console or took it out of the case...
>>
>>378293729
Guard is better than Zero imo
>>
>>378292981
>Every Nintendo home console has its own exclusive Zelda except for Wii U.

I guess someone is too young to remember Twilight Princess.
>>
>>378292915
I think you just want to justify paying 400$ for one game faggot.
>>
>>378293782
I guess someone is too young to remember that GC had Wind Waker and Wii had Skyward Sword
>>378293806
I don't own a Switch. I don't believe you based on my own experience playing on Wii U
>>
>>378293782
Wind waker for gamecube
Skyward Sword for Wii
>>
>>378293263
Hyrule Warriors is stupid fun
>>
Just bought a mario kart bundle for 170 on CL. Never had a wii si the backwards compatibility is awesome and i love the gamepad concept. Nintendo fucked up. This console shoulda been huge.
>>
>>378293925
I seriously don't understand how anyone can like that game
The gameplay is so shallow, literally Senran Kagura-tier
>>
>>378293925
My save file got deleted somehow. :/
No heart to play now.
>>
>>378291065
>Nintendo's insistence to use weaker hardware to make the console more compact and "convenient"

You're a fucking idiot. Nintendo does this to keep development budgets down. Ever notice how SE was complaining about Tomb Raider only selling 3.5 million, while Nintendo's biggest game ever only needed 2 million to break even?
>>
>>378294027
Cause it's fun.
>>
>>378294252
But it's not, you're just inputting the same combos over and over again to kill the same weightless enemies ad infinitum. And you have to kill like 1500 in 15 minutes to get an A rank, and if you fuck up gotta start all over. It's ridiculous.
>>
>>378294027
Because it's mindless enough that I can listen to podcasts without being distracted
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.