[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone remember this gem?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: Summoner_(Europe).png (156KB, 226x320px) Image search: [Google]
Summoner_(Europe).png
156KB, 226x320px
Does anyone remember this gem?
>>
>>378281617
Somehow I never played this back then. Everyone in my circle knew about it and wanted to try it but no one ever did. We all just saw that video with the D&D game.
>>
>>378281617
Wait, is there a PS2 version?
>>
File: eternal-ring.jpg (52KB, 555x328px) Image search: [Google]
eternal-ring.jpg
52KB, 555x328px
How about this one?
>>
>>378282206
It was made for PS2 originally.
>>
I remember enjoying it quite a bit, though I did more or less cheese a good deal of the later half. Either I was getting frustrated with the combat or maybe bored and just abused the rather dull AI to beat the demon bosses and then beeline it for the final boss. Still, I dug the concept of its world and the lore it had.

The sequel I recall had improvements over a lot of things, and it was cool how you turned into the summon monsters instead of them just being your demonic Pokémon. But holy shit was the final boss impossible, didn't help that pretty much lose all of your party during it.

I also recall something about the sequel that felt like a massive retcon of what the first game had established, or maybe it was the lore shown in the original was a huge conspiracy/lie.
>>
Yeah, and I remember the game not allowing map markers, so you better note down somewhere as to where the fuck in the giant-ass areas the quest giver was.
I ATTACK THE DARKNESS!
>>
>>378282206
Is there a Gamecube Version? I don't have a PS2,
>>
>>378284367
WHERE ARE THE CHEETOS?!
>>
>>378284410
PS2/PC only.
>>
>>378284410
Not of the original, but the sequel was on GC.
>>
File: Summoner_2_Coverart.png (183KB, 256x363px) Image search: [Google]
Summoner_2_Coverart.png
183KB, 256x363px
>>378281617
I always wanted to play this since I played the second one and had fun with it. I might pick it up soon since its only $5 on steam. The second one was my first ARPG and it took me years to beat it without any guides. It still holds a special place in my heart though.
>>
>>378284537
>>378284470
Damn, and my PC is old as balls right now. Had it since middle school, but it's technically older than that.
Well, might as well ask what it's about?
>>
>>378284772
Just be prepared for some fairly clunky gameplay. Not to mention you could abuse one character's special backstab ability and pretty much steamroll a lot of the enemies.
>>
>>378284838
If you're computer was made within the last 10 years, I think it'll be just fine running this, as it was made back in like 01 or 02.

As for the game, it's a fantasy about a dude who's the last of a race of people who can use magic rings to summon monsters. He fucked up as a kid and went into hiding, but a tyrant from Not-Asia invades trying to capture him and the dude has to team up with his old best friend who is still pissed about their families dying, two chicks, and the MC's mentor to find the rings and save the world.
>>
>>378285128
>If you're computer was made within the last 10 years, I think it'll be just fine running this, as it was made back in like 01 or 02.
It's literally running out of memory. It keeps filling up for no reason. Their are four accounts on it, one for each family member at the time as it used to be a family computer. There are parental locks on it that cannot be undone since the ones who set them in place had long since forgotten them, and it's a desktop so any time I have on it is limited before I must return to university.

On a related note, the story sounds nice. Might check it out.
>>
>>378284772
Almost forgot how the chick in the sequel rocked a serious titty game. Heck, if I'm not mistaken, so did her female sidekick.
>>
>>378285378
Couldn't you just backup your shit and do a factory reset?

Though if shit is piling up when it shouldn't be, might be a serious virus.
>>
>>378285475
I have no idea how to do either of those and my father also uses it. I'll look into it, however.
>>
>>378281617

I remember seeing shitloads of ads for it in maagzines and wanting to play it, even without seeing a single screenshot.
>>
>>378285584
If you know someone who can do that kind of shit and bypass password shit, then do that. Get all your shit backed up (your father's as well) and then just have the person nuke everything back to the start. Can't think of anything else other than a tech squad, but obviously those are pricey.
>>
>>378281617
I remember cheezing out that one jap level by summoning the minotaur and just running through the entire level because it was too hard for my pre-teen self.
>>
>>378285724
Well, my brother does know much about computers, I'll see if he can do it. Thanks for the assistance, anon.
>>
>>378284772
Itll be on PSN sometime soon. Summoner 2 is one of my top 10
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.