[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HOW DO I GET INTO ZELDA HELP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

WHERE DO I START
>>
Just play Twilight Princess and you have pretty much played every Zelda game.

Done.
>>
Her panties.
>>
play majoras mask and OOT, those are the 2 best
>>
just play them theres no need to play them in any order
>>
>>378277904
Minish Cap is canonically the first adventure in the Zelda timeline and quite linear. Easy to emulate.

For 3D Zelda
>>378277962
is right, Twilight Princess combines almost every 3D Zelda mechanic into one game, and I love it. It features my wife, Midna. Say something nice about her.

A Link To The Past, Ocarina of Time and Links Adventure DX or the Oracle games are all great entry points to.

You know what, it literally doesn't matter which one you play. Just pick the most recent release of it.
>>
File: 1490316686410.png (166KB, 639x446px) Image search: [Google]
1490316686410.png
166KB, 639x446px
>>378278495
>You know what, it literally doesn't matter which one you play. Just pick the most recent release of it.

>yfw a game been rehashing the same concept and gameplay for the past 20 years and still sells like hot cake

Really reminds you of something.
Really maees you thnik.
>>
>>378277904
Depends how far down the rabbithole you want to go. If you just want to say "I've played a zelda game before" then I would suggest A Link to the Past or Ocarina of Time. If you want to get into nu-zelda then do Twilight Princess. Would not recommend starting with Adventure of Link, Majora's Mask, or Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks. These are good for later if you want a change to the formula after you eventually get tired of it. Skip Skyward Sword.
>>
File: BOTW-Share_icon.jpg (237KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
BOTW-Share_icon.jpg
237KB, 1200x630px
>>378277904
Start with the best one.
>>
>>378277904
Link to the past, because it's short, emulatable, accessible and has the general mechanics of basically every Zelda game. Then jump to Ocarina if you want a more fleshed out story, or Wind Waker/Twilight Princess if you want the same, but longer.
After that, you're free to do whatever: Story? Play Majora's and Skyward Sword. Weird stuff? Spirit Tracks, Minish Cap or Phantom Hourglass (if you feel brave). Tough but sweet? Zelda 1, 2 and the Gameboy Color games. Whatever? Hyrule Warriors.
Can't go wrong with Breath of the Wild though.
>>
>>378277904
Just skip the DS games and you're good
>>
>>378277904
Start with her butt ;) :3
>>
>>378278495
Skyward Sword is actually the first game in the timeline. Minish Cap is right after.

As for what game to start with, I'd say LTTP for a 2D entry. Ocarina of Time 3DS version is probably the best entry for 3D. Twilight Princess is a little more modern if that's what you want, but the wolf sections are kind of shitty.
>>
ALttP for 2D. If you want more 2D move on to LA and the Oracles. Ocarina or TP for 3D.
>>
File: 1495896226898.gif (2MB, 409x398px) Image search: [Google]
1495896226898.gif
2MB, 409x398px
play twilight princess, then ocarina of time 3D if you have a 3ds

ignore the newest one as its just the Witcher 3 with nintendo characters
>>
>>378277904
How old you willing to go? How much zelda you want? Might as well marathon them by release date, they're literally all good games in differing ways, except for Zelda 2 which is a very mixed bag, you will likely hate that one though

Practically speaking you should play
OoT-> MM-> TP since it's the most well known and popular "timeline" when it comes to these games

After that maybe play the toon link games
>>
>>378280454
I like the wolf sections, but i know that is like a 50/50 hit or miss for people
>>
File: ca8.jpg (102KB, 1234x1024px) Image search: [Google]
ca8.jpg
102KB, 1234x1024px
>>378280454
>>378278495
if you play zelda games according to the timeline, please swiftly kill yourself as fast as possible.
>>
Play Twilight Princess first because it has an awful crazy long tutorial that won't be as excruciating if it's your first Zelda game.
>>
>>378281351
what's wrong with it fucker
post single(2) reasons why it is wrong
>>
>>378277904
Link to the Past or Ocarina of time
>>
>>378281493
It's surprising so many people can't get immersed playing Zelda, I like playing as villager Link in the beginning of Twilight Princess every time I replay it. Getting geared up with the tunic and sword and shield feels great after that too.
>>
>>378281623

Because the timeline is retroactively shoved in bullshit which nintendo clearly did not have in mind when making the majority of games back then.
It#s also extremely inconsistent and plot holed- which happens if you try to put a bunch of completely different games into some kind of storyline when they were clearly never designed with one in mind.
>>
>>378283131
What inconsistencies and plot holes exist when you understand that most games have hundreds of years or more between them?
>>
>>378282385
This. Best representations of the series. Doesn't hurt to play the original NES game either.
>>
>>378281623
it's not so much "wrong" as "adds nothing to the experience". The games certainly weren't developed to be played in that order, nor are the vague strings of continuity that strong that you miss anything if you just play them however you like.
>>
>>378277904
Start with Zelda 1 and play them in order
>>
>>378277904
Ocarina of Time

I know it's kind of a meme at this point, but there is a reason why all the normies love it.
>>
>>378277904
Just pick one.
>>
>>378277904
Play A Link To The Past to get the first and best "Zelda experience" game in 2D.
Then play Ocarina of Time to get the polished "Zelda experience" translated to 3D.
Finally, play Breath of The Wild to get the new non-LTTP based experience.

Ignore the rest, almost all of them derivatives of LttP and OoT.
>>
>>378283494
is there anything the NES game does that another game in the series doesn't do better? You even have BotW for the open-ended-exploration aspect.
>>
>>378278495
>Minish Cap is canonically the first adventure
False

>>378280909
>ignore the newest one as its just the Witcher 3 with nintendo characters
False
>>
>>378283687
>A Link To The Past to get the first and best "Zelda experience"
>first
>best
Neither of these are true
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.