[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I git gud /v/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: Box_Art-MH4U_N3DS.png (1MB, 902x800px) Image search: [Google]
Box_Art-MH4U_N3DS.png
1MB, 902x800px
How do I git gud /v/?
>>
Just hit the monster until it dies and don't get hit in the process, easy stuff.
>>
What weapon are you using?
Do you know how armor skills work?
Do you eat before a hunt?
Do you know what elements to use against the monsters?
Do you know what items are effective on them?
>>
Patience and the willingness to correct your own behavior rather than blame the game.
>>
Don't stop.
>>
>>378276247
Equip GS
Hold X
Collect monster parts
>>
>>378277745

How are you supposed to know this playing blind? I'm not trolling.
>>
File: what could have been.png (1MB, 671x1087px) Image search: [Google]
what could have been.png
1MB, 671x1087px
Truly the darkest timeline
I love 4U but hate 3DS for its fragile build quality
>>
>>378277903
Be intelligent
>>
Stop using greatswords
>>
>>378277903
>I'm not trolling.
(You)'re trying, its not working.
>>
>>378277903
Experimentation and paying attention, mostly, which comes with experience. You can get a vague idea of what elements to use by looking at the resistances on a monster's armor sets.
>>
Dodge
Don't get greedy
Hit the monster
DOOOOOOOOOOODGE
>>
>>378277745
Currently fighting a great jaggi with sword and shield (yeah, go ahead and roast me for being a noob). Forgot to eat before this hunt. And i don't really know the other stuff yet
>>
Use Charge Blade if you really need a crutch.

>Good mobility
>Great defense
>Great versatility
>Best K.O. potential in the game
>Great synergy with most skills

You can't really go wrong with it. Just don't get too comfortable with it if you plan on playing Generations later.
>>
File: 46395939_p26.jpg (104KB, 622x537px) Image search: [Google]
46395939_p26.jpg
104KB, 622x537px
Monster Hunter!
>>
>>378278317
I really wanted to like the Charge Blade because I used Swaxe a lot in 3U, but it just never felt good for me.
Ended up picking up Hunting Horn and that's been a lot of fun, though.
>>
>>378278257
Keep playing and you'll learn in time, these games are slow burns.

Armor skills don't do anything until they hit +10 or -10. That +9 Attack and -6 Health armor set won't do a single thing, positive or negative. Some have additional effects at +15 or +20. Armor skills are typically more important than the actual armor value, especially later on.
>>
>>378278257
With the basic equipment, you shouls be able to kill it within 7 minutes provided you don't cart once, hit it often, and sharpen your sword when it hits Red sharpness.

If you're not feeling the SnS you can go back to your hut and experiment with other weapons by changing from there.
You can also upgrade your weapons by gatheribg specific materials.

Be sure to learn when to hit and when to dodge, with SnS you can probably get by with shielding sometimes to maintain your position.
>>
>>378278374
I want to hunt that tigrex.
>>
>>378278257
Did you try reading? That usually works.
>>
i beat gog in this recently and feel like i got my moneys worth at about 200 hours. i really liked it and dont want it to turn into a slog right at the end so im considering just stopping. someone convince me i should go for apex rajang and gold crown.
>>
File: 56684189_p26.jpg (136KB, 898x718px) Image search: [Google]
56684189_p26.jpg
136KB, 898x718px
goodbye thread
>>
>>378279502
>someone convince me to hunt monsters in Monster Hunter
Have you hunted everything? No.
Shut up and hunt.
>>
File: 1463323880463.png (594KB, 785x820px) Image search: [Google]
1463323880463.png
594KB, 785x820px
>>378277974
>implying Great Sword isn't the best weapon in the game
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.