[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Video game feels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: 644748fggrf.jpg (144KB, 1680x988px) Image search: [Google]
644748fggrf.jpg
144KB, 1680x988px
Does anyone else feel lonely so lonely in video games that you just stop playing?

>Download Minecraft for the first time in years
>Start playing, having loads of fun
>Realize that no one really plays this game anymore
>Immediately feel lonely and quit

Same thing happened with Dragons Dogma, The Witcher 3 and Left for dead 2.

I can only play games that other people are playing. At the moment it's PUBG but i'm not really enjoying the game, just the fact other people are playing.
>>
>>378275013
Plenty of people play it.
There just isn't readily available servers like MMOs and shit.
You have to find the servers or make your own.
>>
>>378275013
>Same thing happened with the witcher 3
People stopped playing multiplayer on the witcher 3?
Shocking seeing as it never had any.
>>
>>378275013
>Realize that no one really plays this game anymore

idiot
>>
>Dragons Dogma
It was never ultra popular and it was made back in 2012. There's still dedicated players on it though. I wouldn't exactly consider it dead. There's still a decent amount of people playing it.
>The Witcher 3
Multiplayer? When?
>Left for Dead 2
I can still find a game ez pz. There's thousands that still play it. It's not that hard joining a 4 player game or even a versus match.
>Minecraft
Yeah that game isn't dead. It's not as popular as it was back in 2013 or so (mainly cause nearly everyone who played mc back then is in their mid teens) but it's still quite active. Servers are still up and running and it is still pretty popular. The community is a lot more autistic though so watch out.
>>
>>378275168
Thanks
>>378275259
Fuck up that's not what i meant
>>378275363
Piss off ya goober
>>378275714
I know what you mean with minecraft servers, there isn't anyone that isn't autistic so it's like you're alone
>>
>>378275013
>L4D2
There's almost 8000 people playing on steam right now.
>>
>>378275013
you have no idea how alone a person can feel playing old n64 games. It's so sad to think millions of people used to play this and now...nothing.
>>
>>378275013
Our minecraft server's celebrating 8 years of continuous operation, so I'd say it's not dead
>>
File: 1460642739800.jpg (34KB, 488x413px) Image search: [Google]
1460642739800.jpg
34KB, 488x413px
>find a game that i really like
>pretend that i have a friend who is also interested in it
>spend hours talking to myself and explaining the plot, characters and gameplay mechanics to this imaginary friend
>>
I had a serv with some friends around 2011 but we stopped the game around 2012. The other day I just logged in for fun and It felt weird, we wrote lot of cringe shit on the wooden boards, old meme jokes 'n shit etc
>>
>>378276549
Couldn't even imagine. I just wouldn't bother playing.
>>378276386
There has to be a minimum of 80,000 players. I can't even play Rust anymore and that has 40k+ players.
It sound autistic i know, and i agree that it is.
>>
I used to play Age of Empire 2 with friends.
I am glad Twitch is kind of supporting it.
Nowadays I still play it, practice with CPU, like my friends who have jobs and other hobbies would still play again someday.
>>
>>378276832
Damm anon.
>>
>>378276832
You know what, what would happen is someone would one day show up, want you to explain the game, and you find yourself can't clearly explain it with all the words in your brain, even you ran through it so many times in your mind.
>>
>>378276832
literally me. unfortunately no one around me gives a shit
>>
>>378278446
probably cry myself to sleep
>>
File: 1483552242650.jpg (85KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1483552242650.jpg
85KB, 300x300px
>>378278446
>mfw someone showed up and I didn't fucked up my well reversed explanation
>>
>>378279128
Did he finally interested to the game and played with you, or he kindly act interested to end the conversation?
>>
>>378275013
I only feel this way when playing games with a strong emphasis on online play, such as TF2, Dark Souls and older Monster Hunters.

I don't really care about playing a game nobody else is playig if it's offline. Right now, I'm going through Blue Dragon, an Xbox 360 game that I expect less than 30 people are playing right now.
>>
>>378279641
The conversation went on.

He might have been a bigger autist than I am.
>>
>>378280526
That's great, anon.
>>
>>378275013
Congratulations on having the most pathetic OP on the board right now anon.
>>
>>378275013
>I can only play games that other people are playing.
You have internalized societal, normalfag influence which mandates vidya is a social activity. If not played socially, it's socially unacceptable - is their contention. Stop trying to fit in and accept the hobby for it is. Don't listen to Endore's lies.
>>
>>378280767
Fuck up scrub
>>
>>378280334
>older Monster Hunters
Oh ya, that game. That game you spend time offline collecting stuff for your gear, finally get to play with friends, do good damage each fight, bring cool stuff to support the hunt, had fun, but they still think your playstyle suck, ruined THEIR playstyle, still think your gear pointless, never support you when you need something, still keep you around because they can. Nice game, actually.
>>
>>378275013
>Does anyone else feel lonely so lonely in video games that you just stop playing?
No, I am not an ultra autistic normalfag.
>>
>>378280767
nope
>>378280919
>>
>>378281470
>OP
I chose my words carefully.
>>
It creates an even deeper sense of immersion when you think about roguelikes. In those you typically descend into the earth trying to bring back a treasure that has claimed countless lives. Playing some obscure one or a not en vogue one it makes it feel like the challenge is so insurmountable that it has scared everyone else off. It makes it meta. Too bad its usually because the game sucks.
>>
>>378275013
So you can't play any game made before 2005 then?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.