[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who won?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 198
Thread images: 28

Who won?
>>
ds had better games. most of the best psp games were just watered down ps2 games.
>>
>>378273736
The ds had a library full of shovelware you fucking cad.
>>
>>378273653
PSP has literally no games
>>
>>378273979
>its okay when the ps2 had it
>>
>>378273979
So did the PSP
>>
>>378273979
And how does that stop the first and second party games from being better than PSP's shit library?
>>
Hacked PSP was the better system, but not counting that then DS. I had both. R4 (later Acekard) DS and CFW PSP. Great times.
>>
>>378273653
>Who won?
Obviously, the people who bought both.
>>
I still play my psp, I only use my DS for Rune Factory.

So PSP aged better.
>>
>>378273653
Nintendo Central /v/ will tell you that the DS was better and the psp was shit when in reality those were very different consoles.

The psp is still considering a great handheld not only for the titles and the pirating/emulation abilities but also because of proper 3D games and versatility; Sony fucked hard with the UMD because it was an unreliable media storage and it drained a lot of battery.

DS had great games and notable Nintendo titles but it lacked the power and the screen was so small. Its gimmicks where basically non necessary because everyone wanted a GBA 2.

I have both but I probably spent more time with the psp because I'm a retard and I love SRW games and Gundam games.
>>
>>378275965
Jesus Christ the autocorrector fucked up so hard.
>>
both were pretty good. I live in a country completely dominated by normies and i still saw both of them daily (mostly PSP because everybody loves Sony here and just play FIFA, GTA or other normie games). Considering that the DS is the best selling handheld console ever, I think they both did great. No winner here
>>
The one that will always have an entire country buy it whenever it is out. (Hint: The country is Japan.) Honestly I havent heard anything about PSP in a LONG time.
>>
PSP had monhun and Phantasy Star Online. It wasn't even a content unless you were a pokemon kiddy.
>>
>>378275471
NO YOU DONT YOU IDORT
>>
Well, retards (like the anon above) will say the PSP.

Everyone else with a functioning brain will note the DS and its virtual RPG, SRPG, and action game renaissance. Not to mention loads of quirky titles and creativity thanks to the sometimes well-used touch screen.

The numbers don't lie. The DS had the better library and thus was ultimately the better handheld.
>>
File: 1185931560911.jpg (10KB, 117x126px) Image search: [Google]
1185931560911.jpg
10KB, 117x126px
>>378275471
>>
>>378276261
>PSP had Phantasy Star Online.
>>
>>378276514
You know I mean Phantasy Star Portable 2
>>
File: Phantasy_Star_Portable_2_Cover.jpg (50KB, 256x439px) Image search: [Google]
Phantasy_Star_Portable_2_Cover.jpg
50KB, 256x439px
>>378276514
>>
>>378273653
PSP, Monster Hunter
>>
>Ragnarok Online DS

What were they thinking?
>>
DS had more better games, and it's battery life wasn't a joke in comparison, how is this even a real question.
>>
>only one joystick
what were they thinking
>>
>>378276767
You know how some anons can only feel good about themselves if they hold the opposite opinion of the majority?
>>
>>378276767
>DS had more better games

I was looking for DS games for my 3ds and was honestly surprised to see how few I found that I wanted to play Advance Wars DS, FFTA2, Summon Night, Luminous Arc, Rune Factory. On the other hand my psp has more games than my 3ds and vita combined. Maybe years ago the DS library was good but it has aged like milk.
>>
>>378276796
They weren't.
>>
>>378276767
Battery life was an issue only when using UMDs and WiFi.
Better games, well it's a matter of personal taste and what one seeks from an handheld.

DS and PSP were just different
>>
People who bought a PSP are the same people who bought a Zune. Fuckin idiots.
>>
>>378277261
I purchased a PSP+DS and I had a Creative Zen.
>>
Both were easily pirateable (flashcarts for DS, CFW for PSP)
DS probably had a better overall library, but the PSP had the benefit of being a portable emulation machine.
>>
DS "won", but the PSP still has some great titles. If there's one thing Nintendo is consistently good at, it's portable systems.

>fucking created Game and Watches
>Game Boy popularized the modern portable console as we know it
>Game Gear had color before Nintendo, but only had a couple years in the spotlight before Game Boy Color came out
>GBA is probably the greatest handheld of all time
>DS beat out the PSP overall, mainly due to library
>If you wanna include DSi, you can, but its only competition was, what, the PSP Go?
>3DS wrecked Vita, no contest

>>378276661
that game was my fucking jam holy shit
I had never played a Phantasy Star game before in my life but as soon as I picked up PSPo2 I was hooked
>tfw we never got Infinity
>>
psp more like that one kid who couldn't play mario kart with the rest of literally everyone am i right
>>
>>378273653
I never owned a DS
I have a PSP (my second one) and I use it as a portable emulation machine.
Should I buy a DS and mod it or wait for the 2DSXL and hope I'll be able to emulate it?
>>
>>378277086
Youre an anomaly, I can list 20 god tier ds games Id want to replay off the top if my head. Hell even when it comes to srpgs theres Devil Survivor and Rondo of Swords too
>>
>>378277510
I had a Game Gear but SEGA lacked in the marketing and the titles, it simply had not enough memorable games.

Everyone remember at least 5 famous GB games but most people can't remember a few GG game... Yes, even if it was superior in the technical side.

I had it and I had fun with some titles but I always wanted the GB for SML 1-2
>>
DS but it doesn't matter because the Vita beat the 3DS
>>
>>378278054
anon..
>>
>>378273653
The DS is the second best selling console, handheld or otherwise, of all time. The DS won, no fucking contest.

That said, anyone who didn't have both was missing out. Both are amazing and both are worth owning.
>>
>>378273653
For me the PSP
>>
>>378277954
Interesting. I'm a youngfag ('96) so I don't have direct memories of what that was like, but I was surprised to learn that the Game Gear came out in '91. Would have thought that much time without color would have done Nintendo in, but I guess it's a prime example of how games make the system. GBC was '98. That's a seven year gap. I'm impressed.
>>
>>378277954
Game library wasn't Game Gear's problem. It's primary problem was battery life.
>>
>>378277885
43 DS games in my collection, 4 DS visual novels. 47 psp games, 68 psp visual novels.
>>
File: wipeout-pure-20050930020155850.jpg (29KB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
wipeout-pure-20050930020155850.jpg
29KB, 480x272px
I bought a Nintendo DS at first but then I saw people play on the PSP and was amazed at the graphics and the big screen which was high res for that time. I couldn't look at the DS again after that. Playing 3D games with almost PS2 like graphics on a handheld felt futuristic to me back then.
>>
I'd say the PSP. The best DS games were the ones that ignored touch screen gimmicks and just pretended it was the GBA2 whereas the PSP obviously didn't have to deal with this and it could handle more intensive tasks like video playback and emulation. Both had some great shit but just like with the Wii, there was a period where good ideas were otherwise blighted with forced gimmicks.
>>
>>378278331
Being backlit and having colours was a huge thing back then but it had a cost: battery life. I think I spent more time with the AC cord because batteries were fucking expensive here.

>>378278334
I agree about the battery but the library was fairly weak even if it had some really cool titles for the time. GB had simply more memorable titles
>>
>Thread reminds me about my psp
>Picked up psp after not touching for a few weeks
>Battery still half full game I was playing still running

PSPGO is pretty awesome, my 3ds runs out of battery really fast on standby, it's the one thing I hate about it.
>>
>>378278627
Theres nothing as awesome as the Trauma Center games on the psp, and they fully utilize the gimmick.
>>
DS

And the 3DS won against PS Vita.

Sony might be the king of consoles but they can't overtake Nintendo on the handheld market. Thank you, Pokemon.
>>
File: psp-list1.jpg (3MB, 2763x5000px) Image search: [Google]
psp-list1.jpg
3MB, 2763x5000px
>>378273653
had a DS, eventually got a PSP years down the line

I've got a 3DS with a flashcart full of DS games and I barely fucking think about it. Mostly played Pokemon and Sonic Rush on my fat DS before it finally was done (wore the buttons out playing Sonic Rush and Sonic Battle, and then at some point the screen cracked years later, used it just to play Pokemon at that point and emulated the DS for the most part)

my PSP died fairly recently and I kind of want to get another one (could use PPSSPP, but last time I tried Project Diva had timing issues on my machine despite running full speed) -- mostly used it to play Genesis games in PicoDrive, but I still played a bunch of PSP stuff (Ridge Racer 2, Ace Combat X, the Crazy Taxi port, Project Diva, Phantasy Star Portable 2, God Eater Burst, Burnout Dominator, the Wipeouts, Metal Gear Acid 2, the Tales of Eternia port) and a handful of PS1 games (mostly Ridge Racer Revolution and Sanvein, wanted some really quick pick-up-and-play stuff)

But man, PSP sucked if you didn't hack it because of UMDs.
Even if you still bought games, dumping them to the memory stick was a hard requirement.
and fuck the PSP stick, it's shit and it's the worst fucking designed anything I've ever seen, even the way it attaches to the board is fucking retarded and unreliable

would probably say PSP was better just by virtue of me actually wanting to play the games on it more despite having loads more DS games

>>378277954
I had a Game Gear, really wish I had games that didn't suck. I had fucking Sonic 2 GG instead of literally any of the other ones. I had some Terminator game and one other game I can't remember shit about, too.
emulated the library years later and was really, really pissed at the fact that I didn't have any of the remotely good games -- the library is pretty okay

it's absurd how much utter shovelware is on the B/W Game Boy going through its library, hot damn

>>378277534
mkds's wifi really was a thing of magic
>>
>>378273979

This.

I only have a 3DS. It's my first handheld since the original GBA. I've been trying to get some original DS games so I can play some of the games that I missed but all I keep finding is shovelware.. it seems the 3DS has a better library than the DS had.
>>
>>378278659
oh yeah, the Game Gear's battery life ensured that you HAD to have the car adapter if you were on any kind of trip

also, didn't the machine reset when you plugged it in/unplugged it from the adapter? or was that the gameboy?
I distinctly remember that shit pissing me off as a kid.
>>
I don't really get the whole ds has a great library. You couldn't even play half the good games unless you knew japanese.
>>
>>378277086
>I was looking for DS games for my 3ds and was honestly surprised to see how few I found that I wanted to play

This. I'm
>>378278828

I guess I'm not the only one who thinks the DS is mostly shovelware crap. Very few good games.
>>
>>378278757
Try the GG Stargate puzzle game, you won't regret it.
>>
>>378278950
If by "very few" you mean close to a hundred then yeah
>>
>>378278876
I don't remember the GG having this problem.
>>
>>378278054
Literally every worthwhile Vita game is on PC or is a console hand-me-down.
>>
>>378278623
I remember a similar feeling when seeing the 3DS for the first time, honestly. Six years ago, the idea of glasses-free 3d was insane to me.

although I do also agree on it being hard to go back to DS graphics after the PSP. It's a good thing I got my DS first.
>>
File: neo.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
neo.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
NGPC was better than both bro

fun fact both snk and sega went third party in 2001
>>
>>378278702
Indeed a few games really did use the touchscreen to the fullest, Trauma Center being one alongside titles like Elite Beat Agents and its respective series. Unfortunately these are all too few and far between.

>>378278664
Chances are it's because of the networking/streetpass bullshit. You can turn it off and watch your battery life skyrocket but it's still kinda sucky.
>>
>>378279197

Such as?

Besides the obvious Pokemon ones, I find Mario Kart DS to look fun. What else do it have? The Zelda DS games are garbage.
>>
>>378279470
Strange Journey, but it has NOT aged well.
>>
>>378279413
The NGPC's library had the massive issue of being full of fighters while neither the link cable or a friend with an NGPC were anywhere to be found.

it's fairly high quality otherwise
biomotor unitron's my jam
>>
>>378279304
From what I understand, the definitive version of Tearaway is still Vita, as the PS4 doesn't integrate its gimmicks nearly as well as the Vita version does.
Killzone Mercenaries is appealing partially by virtue of being a competent twin-stick FPS on a handheld.
Soul Sacrifice never got a console port.
>>
>>378279413
To this day, NGPC has the best handheld fighters.
>>
File: 3DS-vs-Vita.jpg (27KB, 560x400px) Image search: [Google]
3DS-vs-Vita.jpg
27KB, 560x400px
>3ds has shit hardware and a lot of games are held back by it
>vita has great hardware but no games take advantage of it

what went so wrong?
>>
>>378279413
>>378279579
Funny story, I worked at Activision QA on Infinite Warfare for six weeks once, and I saw one of my fellow testers pull out an NGPC. In 2016.
I asked her about it, and she said she'd had it since she was a kid.

I think that's awesome. Thanks for reading my blog.
>>
>>378278757
Dunno why they would recommend a phat gen 1 PSP over second or third.
>>
>>378279470
Jesus nigga ok lets see.
Megaman, Castlevania, Trauma Center, Henry Hatsworth, Umihara Kawase, Nanostray, Contra 4, Strange Journey, Devil Survivor, Etrian Odyssey, Ace Attorney, Ghost Trick, 999, Okamiden, Hotel Dusk, Dragon Quest, Rhythm Heaven, Radiant Historia, Advance Wars, Ketsui Death Label, Infinite Space, Kirby, Picross, Mario and Luigi, Rondo of Swords, Dark Spire, World Ends With You and Ninka Gaiden Dragon Sword
>>
it still blows my mind how piss easy it is to add cfw to your psp. remember when you had to cut the fucking battery in half for the longest time?
>>
>>378279304
Because as soon as any vita game gets ported it becomes "worth it". It's honestly a pretty retarded thing. No one cares about any vita game until they got ported. Then suddenly people care. It's the most ass backwards thing I have ever encountered in gaming. The whole chicken and egg problem, if a vita game is exclusive no one cares about it, the moment it's not an exclusive everyone cares but it's not an exclusive anymore.
>>
>>378279860
Half those games have gotten better remakes or have better squeals.
>>
>>378279551
Game has "aged" as soon as it was released since it was a new 90s dungeon crawler. It plays exactly the same now as it did back then.
>>
>>378279973
Nah not even a third
>>
>>378279997
Talking about how fucking tiny the text is. It's honestly ridiculous.
>>
>>378279973
that still doesn't deter from the DS having them.
>>
File: psp_ds_resolution.jpg (82KB, 800x481px) Image search: [Google]
psp_ds_resolution.jpg
82KB, 800x481px
nuff said
>>
>>378280241
the ds had better games? yeah i guess nuff said.
>>
>>378280241
at the end of the day i would rather play mario kart ds than fucking ridge racer. that series died after type 4
>>
>>378279824
a PSP 1000's physically more reliable than the later models despite the "lol no diagonals ever" d-pad and super-ghosty screen
it's also guaranteed to be nigh unbrickable since even if everything is fucked, you can make/buy a pandora battery and fix it (some 2000 models stopped this, all 3000 models can't)
and you're guaranteed to support permanent CFW install instead of needing to run the loader when your battery runs out (mildly annoying)

this chart's also fucking ancient

>>378279886
>tfw had to do that semi-recently after updating the cfw on a PSP I got that was on 5.something screwed up and it wouldn't boot
cracked a spare battery I had open, cut the trace, loaded a memory stick I had lying around with the recovery tools and fixed it pretty quick

>>378279920
no one wants to buy a vita for anything, especially not with Sony's continued jewry with the memory cards -- if memory cards were cheap, people would have considered a vita, loaded the card full of games, and all would have been well -- still probably wouldn't have sold heavily, but it would have sold
>>
>racing games

PSP could play ps1 games aka final fantasy 7 and had War of The Lions the best final fantasy game ever made.
>>
>>378279735

>what went so wrong?

The expensive PS Vita memory card killed it.

Also, Nintendo handhelds have Pokemon, which sells tons of units.
>>
>>378280464
ridge racer on psp is actually fucking wonderful, I dunno how anyone who even kind of enjoys ridge racer would ignore it
fuck, go download RR2 PSP right now and play it in PPSSPP you faggot
>>
>>378280518
Fair enough, was curious seeing as I own both 1000 and 2000 models, and find the 1000 slow as shit due to it's 32MB RAM and terrible to hold because of the edgy front, while the 2000 is better the screen has shat itself and needs replacing.

The UMD drives on both of them have failed too which is disappointing. I found replacement parts for the 1000 on aliexpress which I'll buy in a few.
>>
>>378280635
series still peaked with 4 idc
>>
>>378279735
sony has failed to make a single compelling handheld media player since the CD walkman, thats what
>>
>>378280587
psp had expensive memory cards
>>
>>378280518
>no one wants to buy a vita for anything, especially not with Sony's continued jewry with the memory cards -- if memory cards were cheap, people would have considered a vita, loaded the card full of games, and all would have been well -- still probably wouldn't have sold heavily, but it would have sold

Honestly, I 100% understand. I hate sony. But just say that. Don't say vita has no good exclusives when every other week it loses another and people go crazy for it. Vita was put in a very shitty situation by sony. It had lots of good games but fuck me if I was going to put down a loan to buy one. I waited until piracy. Vita is great. Soul Sacrifice Delta is one of the best games I have ever played.
>>
>>378280753
They weren't THAT expensive and they weren't proprietary either, you didn't need a particularly big one since the digital lineup was small and most games were on UMB, not counting piracy of course. Vita memory cards on the other hand are both proprietary an outright required, plus they're still mondo expensive and always will be because lolproprietary.
>>
>>378281219
Yea, memory card made it so that the vita didn't even have a chance. 16gig + vita + game cost more than an xbox 360 which was the console to have.
>>
>>378280759
>don't say the Vita has no exclusives when it keeps losing exclusives

???
>>
>>378273653
DS but I liked the PSP more because it basically a portable PS1 once hacked.
>>
>>378281292
The memory cards were fucking unreal dude. They intentionally fucked us with them too by making them physically smaller than a Micro SD, ensuring we'll never be able to just get a Micro SD adapter and that's a goddamn shame. I want to love the Vita, everything about it seems like the perfect storm. It's got the power to play some serious 60FPS gameplay with some snazzy graphics to match, it's got dual analog sticks and TWO touch screens for some reason, by all means it sounds like a rad ass machine to play games on but the memory cards just break the fucking bank. Not only is it expensive just to buy but it also curbs the potential userbase which in turn curbs the number of games the thing gets. It's a goddamn shame because I loved my PSP and my 3DS but they both suffer in the graphics and controls department when they try to tackle console games, the Vita should have solved that by all means but Sony forcibly threw the ball so goddamn hard into the ground.
>>
>>378273979
Still more quality games than the psp.

Stay mad.
>>
>>378281646
How does it keep losing exclusives if it has no exclusives?
>>
>>378281851

The PS Vita fucked up.. It seriously looks like the Switch could be what the PS Vita should've been. Great big screen, good hardware for a handheld, non-resistant touchscreen.. now it just needs the games.
>>
>>378281851
I get it. I get it 100%. Because I'm one of the retards that bought a 64 gig card and it died on me in about a year and 6 months in. My love for the vita died that day and I never looked at it the same. I had fun, especially with the weeb games. But I'm done with Sony. Not to say that Nintendo is any better. Still not sold on the switch. But I'm done. I spend 120$ on a memory card. That's only 30$ away from a decent video card right there.

That being said the vita still has great game, but I'm pirating all of it.
>>
>>378282319
My problem with the switch is the tablet form factor and the lack of support from the weeb studios. Only NIS has signed on and I already have Disgaea 5. Disgaea 2 is better in every way at any rate.
>>
>>378282319
I want to like the Switch but it doesn't have the software to sell me yet on top of the rough launch with the hardware issues and how much it stretches the definition of "portable". I'm keeping an eye out but I'm still holding on to my wads here.

>>378282376
That's rough, and when you put it in the context of almost being able to afford a new videocard you really have to struggle to justify the price.
>>
>>378280241
Use SPlit/Second to advertise PS racing games
>>
>>378282461
>lack of support from the weeb studios

Why is this? Is this because Nintendo doesnt want to deal with them or what? It does seem like weeb devs much prefer Sony for sure.
>>
PSP had no games
The only reason it wasn't a total flop like the Vita was because people bought for emulators
>>
Is a white nintendo dsi the best ds to get? Or the gray phat one?
>>
>>378283305
Nintendo has always hated weeb third party, but I think it's more than weeb games don't perform well and Nitendo chargers more per game cart as well as having high minimum order numbers. Sony is just small studio friendly they actively go out to help them. Didn't they pay for Banner of Saga because the dev ran out of money or something like that?
>>
>>378283537
People like you are why people hate nintendo fans, the sad part is I can't tell if this is a flaseflagger or a real nintendo fan.
>>
>>378283545
Can't say much about the DSi but the Phat models are fucking awful.
>>
>>378283679
How are the phat models awful?
>>
>>378284276
They feel really flimsy, chunky, and poorly balanced compared to later models.
>>
i still use my pspgo almost daily
>>
File: 1437579100252.gif (1015KB, 475x475px) Image search: [Google]
1437579100252.gif
1015KB, 475x475px
>>378279413
Why the fuck is Microsoft still in the console "race" while NeoGeo was taken out. Christ.
>>
File: IMG_8377.gif (16KB, 450x323px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8377.gif
16KB, 450x323px
>>378273653
ELITE
BEAT
AGENTS
>>
File: 1437393127910.jpg (73KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
1437393127910.jpg
73KB, 500x501px
>mfw want to homebrew my PSP but literally can't because every download link for everything is broken

Great.
>>
>>378273653
Gamers did
>>
>>378276759
There's a maplestory for 3ds
>>
>>378279860
>Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword
Such a strange game.
>stylus-only control scheme, I think you maybe used one button to activate a super
>in a sorta-3D beat em up action game
>with a movelist
>entirely of stylus gestures
>you hold the DS sideways the whole time
>and have to draw within the lines of symbols to cast magic
>>
File: 1491816356617.png (1MB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1491816356617.png
1MB, 960x720px
>>378278339
Recc me a VN anon. I've only played keyshit. Rewrite was my favorite.
>>
>>378283545
Fucking dsi

Slimmer and nicer than any other model, and it's also matte. And improved specs.
>>
>>378283545
DS Lite
>>378285972
This is true, but the lack of a GBA slot just ruins it.
>>
>>378284276
Screen is noticeably darker than the Lite? I'm sorry, but as someone who loves all versions of the DS the Phat is extremely outdated.
>>
>>378285731
I'm afraid of when this happens eventually to the 3DS homebrew scene. The PSP's emulation capabilities alone made it an incredibly rewarding purchase.

Even after blowing hours on first party titles, the ease of running SNES/GBA games extended the life of my PSP 2000 by a huge margin.

My first playthrough of Super Metroid was on a PSP and I loved every second of it
>>
>>378286452
The 3DS homebrew actually need to become easier and less specific for it to go out of style. The PSP homebrew scene was incredibly simple to get into.
>>
>>378285918
Utawarerumono 1-3
>>
>>378286856
Translation is in progress. I checked just the other day. Anything else?
>>
>>378286969
Uta 1-2 are translated fully bro
>>
File: 1489293976672.jpg (6KB, 242x208px) Image search: [Google]
1489293976672.jpg
6KB, 242x208px
>2017
>being able to emulate both handhelds on my phone
>not having to partake any roles in this autistic console fight
>feelsgood.jpg
>>
>>378287203
The PSP version, which is based on the superior ps2 version (iirc). Is still undergoing translation.
>>
>>378287347
Dude just play the pc version the psp version has very minor upgrades and no porn.
>>
>>378287347
ps2 voice patch is available on pc there is zero reason to wait for the ps2 tl.
>>
>>378287428
>>378287486
>zero reason
>very minor
The PS2 version includes various new gameplay elements not in the original.

1. A brand new opening animation and song (two variations).
2. With the exception of narration and internal thought, the game is fully voiced.
3. Additional new characters, new CG, and new bonus extras.
4. Additional new Events and Battle Stages.
5. A new and robust Item system.
6. Eruruu now has a special item technique for various stat/healing/damage effects.
7. Characters now learn unique special abilities and skills.
8. Characters can now perform Team Attacks with each other.
9. Characters no longer buy extra attacks with bonus points, and thus stat level-up costs are changed.
10. New tutorials are available for the new abilities.
11. All H-scenes have been removed. Some CGs have been edited, while others have been replaced.
12. Random skirmish battles have been added, making the number of available battles no longer set.
13. You are allowed to deploy more characters per stage than in the PC version. Additionally maps are filled with even more enemies.
14. There is no longer a difficulty setting when starting a new game. >_>;

We've been over this. The ps2 version is clearly the winner.
>>
File: gurumin-3d.jpg (182KB, 1134x935px) Image search: [Google]
gurumin-3d.jpg
182KB, 1134x935px
At least the PSP got Gurum-
>Gurumin added to Steam and given away for free on release
W-well at least the PSP's the only handheld with Gurum-
>3DS gets Gurumin 3D
B-b-but at least the PSP hacking scene is the bes-
>3DS's hacking scene usurped PSP's role as king of handheld hacking
>3DS has native retro emulation, and more of it, that trumps PSP's emulation
Well shit.
>>
>>378287547
Gurum runs like shit on Steam. It runs sub 30fps. Hardly playable for a rhythm game. I know I dropped that shit
>>
>>378287534
>gameplay changes

Nothing they do will make uta1 a good srpg, just read the novel.
>>
>>378287645
Sour grapes
>>
>>378285731
you fucking what
the first two links googling "PSP CFW" both give you all you need to do it

unless you mean homebrew software going the way of the dodo, which is a right fucking shame
>>
>>378287547
You're talking about shit that happened just recently. Gurumin came out in like 2005.

lol enjoy the leftovers
>>
File: 2016-10-29-173017.jpg (85KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-29-173017.jpg
85KB, 960x544px
>>378287683
I don't think you know what that word means.
>>
>>378287984
Have you played it? Didn't think so.
>>
>>378273653
DS sold a shit ton compared to the PSP if we're talking financial terms its not even close.
>>
File: 2016-10-26-011857.jpg (152KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-26-011857.jpg
152KB, 960x544px
>>378288108
Dude I read uta1 years ago and replayed again it on the psp before uta2 released. A few gameplay changes wont make it go any higher up in my books because it's already one of the best visual novels I have read.

Waiting for a few gameplay changes for a vn is like waiting for a new edition of a book so you can get a nicer cover. The content that matters isn't really affected. If I really wanted to I could just play the ps2 version in japanese.
>>
>>378287547
>3DS's hacking scene usurped PSP's role as king of handheld hacking
Did we miss the huge shitstorm just a couple days ago where people were getting banned left and right? It's hardly perfect right now whereas the PSP was blown open years ago.
>>
>>378287974
>Gurumin was PC's leftovers to PSP
Nice try faggot. Enjoy not even being able to pirate Gurumin as easily on your PSP as you can on a 3DS.
>>
>>378288541
why would i care about that when i already have all 3 copies?
>>
>>378273653
Its a draw. PSP has CFW and DS has the flash carts so win/win right there.
>>
>>378288541
It only takes a few seconds on either platform bro.
>>
>>378273653
both. leaving all the fan boying and financing aside, both systems had fantastic libraries. It was the SNES and Megadrive/Genesis era of portable gaming. There was something for everyone on both platforms.
>>
>>378287547
Well PC version was uncensored while PSP/3DS versions weren't.
>>
>>378273653
Me. I have both.
>>
File: trodi.jpg (85KB, 716x621px) Image search: [Google]
trodi.jpg
85KB, 716x621px
>>378273653
>>
>>378288526
How is 3DS homebrew these days? Last I looked into it months ago, the exploits and guides were fragmented at best. Being able to play VC GBA titles easily was a nice plus, but I was wondering if any milestone features have sprung up lately.
>>
>>378289023
I never got VC GBA to work for japanese games. I really wanted to play Summon Night SwordCraft Story. Best game on the GBA after Final Fantasy Tactics.
>>
>>378288978
This, the fans won. Unlike Vita/3ds where everyone lost. Lets see if Switch vs PSP3 will be any better.
>>
>>378288352
It's not fun if you're actually a moonrune reader. I however do think the ps2 version is superior. Your book analogy doesn't make a nick of sense. But I applaud you for not using a food analogy.
>>
>>378289394
Fine go read Subarashiki Hibi.
>>
The DS had a great game for every genre that can be fully realized in handhelds
The RPGs alone are top tier
TWEWY
SMT Strange Journey
Pokemon's Holy Trinity (Platinum, HGSS, and B2W2)
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Sky and Blue
Mario and Luigi PiT and BIS
Megaman Star Force Series
Inazuma Eleven Series
Rune Factory Series
Lunar Knights
KH 358/2 Days and ReCoded
DQ 5 and 9
FF 3, 4, and Tactics
>>
>>378273979
>The ds had a library full of shovelware
So did the Atari 2600. So did the NES. So did the SNES. So did the PS1. So did the PS2.

It's almost like the best-selling consoles always have an assload of shovelware because they sell so fucking much.
>>
>>378289023
Largely perfect so long as you don't mind the possibility of a ban that may or may not be easily evaded. The process is easy and straightforward and you can download your games either via PC or through the 3DS itself through Freeshop, you can even scan a QR code to start a download for unofficial software such as translation patches. Other than that, there's not much more to desire. You got the games and you can play them online, you can even pirate DLC.

We do have a free Pokemon Bank equivalent that lets you modify and add Pokemon though, that's fucking rad.
>>
>>378273653
The one with games obviously.

The PSP shares the same game library with the Vita, absolutely jack shit any games worth playing.
>>
File: 6-capture_29012011_103243.png (49KB, 512x480px) Image search: [Google]
6-capture_29012011_103243.png
49KB, 512x480px
>>378290126
>The DS had a great game for every genre that can be fully realized in handhelds

You can say the same about the psp because both were great also psp had the best Final Fantasy Tactics game and you can't even argue it.
>>
File: 1485494931478.png (699KB, 1112x621px) Image search: [Google]
1485494931478.png
699KB, 1112x621px
>>378290312
>absolutely jack shit any games worth playing.
>>
>>378290242
Those QoL improvements are pretty tempting. I've already got save editing working, but I might upgrade my DS just to keep up with the new stuff.

Thanks for the info, anon
>>
>>378278828

If you think 3DS is better, then you love mediocrity.
>>
>>378290970
Different Anon
The DS library had tons of good shit, there's no denying that but the 3ds has some good 3rd party stuff too.
Most of the 1st party 3ds stuff was mediocre as fuck though. The Zelda """remakes""" were good but everything else was terrible or questionable.
>>
>>378290382
>listing a port

Kill yourself.
>>
>>378290382
>psp had the best Final Fantasy Tactics game
That's like coming first in the Special Olympics.
>>
>>378289520
I will once it releases lol
>>
>>378291495
Except FFT is a great game and you're literally autistic for implying otherwise.
>>
>>378290382
>>378290126
I feel like PSP games could have been on ps3 just fine. Whereas DS games actually utilized its hardware.
>>
File: My First SRPG.jpg (144KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
My First SRPG.jpg
144KB, 500x500px
>>378291603
>Except FFT is a great game
>>
File: evo_first_prize.jpg (66KB, 350x296px) Image search: [Google]
evo_first_prize.jpg
66KB, 350x296px
>>378273653
>Who won?
extinction did.
>>
>>378291603
Probably a buthurt Tactics Ogre fag.

>>378291624
>I feel like PSP games could have been on ps3 just fine.

Didn't know you fit a ps3 in your pocket.

>>378291330
War of the lions is the definitive edition. Also the DS's FFTA is a port.
>>
File: 1491194363166.gif (140KB, 379x440px) Image search: [Google]
1491194363166.gif
140KB, 379x440px
>>378291282
>Link Between Worlds
>Kid Icarus
>terrible or questionable
>>
>>378291669

> i was years from being born when 12-year-olds were playing it new
>>
>>378291827
>Didn't know you fit a ps3 in your pocket.
I'm not a child so I don't need to game outside.
>>
>>378291852
I'm 31, buddy.

FFT is Tactics Ogre for babies. Shining Force shits on it.
>>
>>378273653
They're roughly comparable, the DS has more exclusives and new games, the PSP has more multis and old ports.

However, PSP games pften look and feel one generation above the DS.
>>
File: 1494460771040.jpg (48KB, 358x500px) Image search: [Google]
1494460771040.jpg
48KB, 358x500px
>>378291852
>being underaged b&
>being literally unborn before Pokemon was released
Literal cancer, no wonder /v/ is shit.
>>
>>378291973
Knew you were TO fag, they are the only people butthurt with FFT.

>>378291854
>I'm not a child
>handheld
questionable
>>
>>378292071
What are you even saying right now?
>>
>there are too many games!
>there are no games!

Which is it, /v/eddit?
>>
>>378292109
People that had fun owned both. People with poor parents only bought them one with a few games so they defend those handful of games to the death to protect a long gone childhood.

At the end of the day I was playing my psp earlier today (shining blade). I played my DS (3ds) last week (Rune Factory 2).
>>
>>378292223
FUCK YOU YOU IDORT
>>
One thing you will always see in these threads is people who don't own or emulate PSP games shitting on its library
This is part of /v/'s complex against Sony in their never ending quest to keep people from playing any game on Playstation
>>
>>378292528
Pretty much, nintendo fans have never really changed. My first console/handheld was the Game Boy but I'm glad that as a kid my parents got my a ps1/N64/DS/PSP/Game Gear
>>
>>378292643
I think it's less nintendo fans and more /v/ itself
This board has run the two magic words into the ground for the last 10+ years and they don't want to be wrong
>>
>>378292732
>two magic words
No games? Yea it's silly considering play station systems have the most amount of games and third party. The vita had double the 3ds library at one point and is still getting games but of course it gets the no games meme. On the other hand the only up coming 3ds games I am looking forward to is a port (SJ) and Alliance Alive.
>>
File: 1491792439267.jpg (131KB, 640x467px) Image search: [Google]
1491792439267.jpg
131KB, 640x467px
>>378292528
>having this much of a victim complex
Sony fanboys shit up /v/ far worse than Nintendo fanboys.
They're the ones that regularly spam Wojaks also, faggot.
>>
>>378293613
>Wojaks
Those are shit posters anon, and you are doing the very thing you claim to hate.
>>
>>378293889
Sony-favored shitposters. Nintendo and PC has them too, but there's far more Sony ones lately compared to a few years ago.

The only shitposters that essentially don't exist are Xbox ones.
>>
File: 1493750430225.png (474KB, 851x780px) Image search: [Google]
1493750430225.png
474KB, 851x780px
>>378293889
>they're shitposters if they're picking on Nintendo, they're part of /v/'s complex against Sony if they're picking on Sony
>>
>>378292528
Sony consoles and handhelds has never had anything worth playing, why would it be any different?

Not to mention Sony fans are delusional who call trash they play good and try to convince people to try their shit.
>>
File: PSP&DSLibrary.png (172KB, 1557x1076px) Image search: [Google]
PSP&DSLibrary.png
172KB, 1557x1076px
I do. I win.
>>
Definitely not the consumer
>>
>>378276261
Mon Hun isn't good, tho
>>
>>378281851
The main reason that mirco sd adapters exist for the memory stick is because Sony licensed out the format to 3rd party companies so they could compete in the camera market. Sony cameras had a similar issue to the whole Vita memory card thing where people were more likely to buy a different company's camera to get away from memory stick prices. Sony thought the playstation brand would carry the vita instead of learning from past mistakes.
>>
>>378273653
DS had golden sun
>>
>>378273653
The DS wins in my eyes because of the horror of the PSP analog nub. That thing felt bad to use and failed on me multiple times. People probably made bank on those analog nub replacement kits.
Thread posts: 198
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.