[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Metal Gear Solid V is not only the best Metal Gear, but it is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

File: 7.jpg (384KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
384KB, 1920x1080px
Metal Gear Solid V is not only the best Metal Gear, but it is also one of the greatest games of all time.
Prove me wrong.
>>
>>378266881
In terms of contrarian opinions regarding MGS, this is low quality.

MGS4 is legitimately the apex of MGS gameplay, there just wasn't enough of it in the game. In spite of that, it's stilll a 9/10.
>>
completely agree. MGSV has the best gameplay of any game i've ever played
>>
>>378266881
>completely agree. MGSV has the best gameplay of any game i've ever played
but also has the worse story
>>
>enemy spots me
>they telepathically alert everyone else without using their radio
>>
>I like this thing
>Prove me wrong
Duhhhhh

anyway i also think it's a great game
>>
great game, shitty metal gear
>>
>>378268583
Not to mention it's almost impossible to tell how far away they'll notice you from, and you can't ride around in any kind of car without going into reflex mode and alerting every 2 feet.
>>
>>378270550
>playing with reflex mode on
>>
File: 1471455680001.jpg (71KB, 550x678px)
1471455680001.jpg
71KB, 550x678px
>>378266881
Hello?
Is this the MGSV thread?
I want to talk to Caramel.
>>
>>378266881
MGSV is a boring piece of shit where you run around an empty open world, attaching balloons to things so that you can make an already easy game, even easier, and also so that you take part in a shitty grind-based pvp mode which has shitty metagame involving nuclear disarmament, which at this point is nothing more than excuse for ruse retards to believe that Kojima is somehow still involved with Konami.
>>
>>378270663
If the games had levels of surveillance I wouldn't use it. When one person catches you the whole base knows where you are? Bullshit.
>>
>>378266881
If it's so great then why wasn't it finished?
>>
File: disgusted man.jpg (17KB, 852x480px)
disgusted man.jpg
17KB, 852x480px
>>378266881
What's so great about the gameplay?

Is it waiting for your helicopter before and after missions, how poorly realized Mother Base is, the cover system that makes you grind against a wall for half a second before Snake will attach himself, not being able to crawl over small raises in elevation, how time is the only important thing to score highly on missions; the companions that don't do what you tell them to, the fact that in almost every mission the first person you interrogate will tell you exactly where to go, the audio tapes that get talked over, the overly complicated UI that never stops flashing numbers to let you know that you can develop 99 things, the online functionality that makes your singleplayer menus not load correctly, the FOB incentive to buy Konami dollars?

Is it how badly balanced reflex mode is, how fulton recovery is the only reliable way to ensure guards don't wake up without having points deducted, how there's no good reason to sneak into outposts when the sun is out, how a lot of the story missions are filler and outright repeats later on; the regenerating health that breaks every boss fight in the game so long as you avoid a certain density of damage per second, the redundancy of the unlockable weapons, the badly explained cardboard box fast travel system, the hour long let's-flop-around-on-the-ground intro, how you glitch-walk over all the complicated geography in the game?
>>
File: snak.jpg (386KB, 2448x3264px)
snak.jpg
386KB, 2448x3264px
I just got the pc version. I installed infinite heaven and the 50+ side ops expansion. What setting do you guys do? I want to fix things like being invisible if you crawl
>>
>>378270763
They radio in and tell everyone your location
Git gud
>>
File: al borland.jpg (30KB, 276x276px)
al borland.jpg
30KB, 276x276px
>>378266881
>Remember the Alamo
>WHOOOOOOOOOO
>Guest starring : SKULLS parasite unit
>Game by Hideo and Kojima
>The XOF.... Cipher must be behind this!! Skull Face must be nearby!!
>old.. diné... WOLBACHA... male to female..
>extract soldier 67
>destroy tank unit 19
>save lost diamond dogs soldier 199
>defuse mines 31
>eleminate infected soldiers 74
Bosses in MGSV:
>skulls 4x (Honey Bee, Truck, Airport, Manor)
>Sahalememetropus
>Quiet (Same shit as female Skulls)
>Man on Fire (3x)
>>
>subsistence c2w exists
nothing can be the best in the series when it has a mission that's supposed to be hard but is really a minute long helicopter ride
>>
4>3>1>5>2
>>
>>378266881
Soundtrack is awful unless you play badly.
You are unable to turn the soundtrack off.
This will prevent me from ever playing this game again since I cannot enjoy the other sounds and ambience while I listen to a proper score from Tangerine Dream.

This song requires you to buckle up. Stay buckled. It gets heavy. It's great for Afghanistan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5x7wK7GDUs
>>
>>378266881
AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA HOLY SHIT
>>
File: 1491271372005.jpg (303KB, 598x714px)
1491271372005.jpg
303KB, 598x714px
>>378271491
>14:00 onward
>>
>>378270919
enable enemy parameters, edit daytime/nighttime sight and hearing above 100%, enable helicopter patrols, random vehicle patrols, disable xray and markings (don't disable world markers though), enable skulls on freeroam EXCEPT sniper skulls because those crash the game and to make motherbase alive, enable extra soldiers on platforms, support helicopter patrols, birds and staff morale raise on good visit.
>>
>>378266881
ok. the plot
>>
>shoot tank with a suppressed anti-tank rifle from its flank 300 meters away and no one else around
>it turns immediately and fires at my exact location

>set off TNT on one side of an outpost while prone on the other side of it
>enemies run straight to me immediately

>running to an advantageous position to shoot someone with the dog following me
>dive to ground and ready weapon
>dog runs into firing line right when I pull the trigger

There are many more examples. Best AI ever. Fuck that garbage game.
>>
>>378266881
the controls are good but the story sucks and it gained nothing from open world gameplay.
>>
>>378272171
Also, install audio redux, it makes miller and ocelot shut the fuck up.

>>378272398
You're a retard, why would you EVEN do any of those things?
>>
>>378272630
>using anti-tank rifle on tank
>blowing up an installation
>shooting an enemy npc
>calling someone a retard for playing the game
You're a special kind of stupid, aren't you?
>>
>>378272171
ok, what about percent would I have to make it so that helicopters will see me prone and how far will that make there vision. Vanilla its about 40m
>>
>>378273169
Helicopters are tied to a cone of vision, changing enemy parameters don't affect them, you can however make RED helicopters patrol afghanistan and africa.
>>
File: spandau-ballet.jpg (218KB, 1024x834px)
spandau-ballet.jpg
218KB, 1024x834px
>his attack helicopter doesn't play Spandau Ballet while wrecking shit

You're not even heterosexual.
I know this much is true.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.