[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a game that's very personal to you?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 19

File: psych.jpg (39KB, 617x416px) Image search: [Google]
psych.jpg
39KB, 617x416px
What's a game that's very personal to you?
>>
File: 1335121254167.jpg (33KB, 618x589px) Image search: [Google]
1335121254167.jpg
33KB, 618x589px
Every Day The Same Dream
I only played it once, like 6 years ago or something. It made me break down and cry for a good while.
>>
>>378262718
Well doc, it all started with Deadly Arts on the 64 when I'd pit Rin vs another Rin and something bout those cute anime girl dresses, doc, but I wanna be a lady now. Help me get on the titty skittles, doc.
>>
I don't have one.
>>
File: 2064.jpg (325KB, 1920x544px) Image search: [Google]
2064.jpg
325KB, 1920x544px
>>378262718
2064 Read Only Memories

>buy a humble bundle
>let's play them in order, and skim through them one by one
>open it up
>play through it with lots of mixed feelings, but overall enjoying it
>plus every character has some backstory and a couple I loved
>soundtrack really hits the high notes of retro style music
>get to the ending and start tearing up at one of the best parts of the game
>credits roll as I got one of the best endings
>play the newgame+ story expansion which helps tie up loose ends (unfortunately I didn't finish it due to a save bug)
>see who's behind the game
>it's a hardcore lgbt+ company
>and they said people who support donald trump are evil or something along those lines
>real puts a bitter taste in my mouth and puts me off talking about it to anyone I know

Still love the game, but I have no-one to really sperg out to, expect 4chan
>>
>>378262718
The Half-Life 2 saga. I've played through them all countless times since high school and have every Orange Box achievement on the 360.
>>
File: steam.png (155KB, 657x517px) Image search: [Google]
steam.png
155KB, 657x517px
>>378264467
Forgot pic
>>
Have you seen the Half Life 2 speedrun?

Pretty dope imo
>>
>>378262718
Baldur's Gate series. Played it during a time when I was a stupid depressed little shit. Made me feel less alone and forget about being a stupid young faggot.
>>
Fallout New Vegas: no matter how good, I can only play through a game once or twice before becoming completely board with it. Everytime I go back to vegas I do the same build and same quests but never get tired of it.
>>
GTA 4. It's a grey game but it helped me through a lot.
>>
>>378264816
>>378264584
Meant to reply to you
>>
I don't have a game that's personal...

I had one, but shit happened and I dunno if I'll even keep playing it anymore...
>>
File: (Totally not a Tumblr filename).jpg (86KB, 500x533px) Image search: [Google]
(Totally not a Tumblr filename).jpg
86KB, 500x533px
>>378265059
>This

While playing Fallout: 4 the main thing that was on my mind was NV. Even named my hunting rifle "Forgot to Remember." Got the Ranger armor mod as well.
>>
>>378265601
What game WAS personal to you?

I'm curious now
>>
>>378266889
Final Fantasy XIV, I loved the world and story, and I had fun times with friends, as well as made new ones.

Then I lost a bunch of them because of shit that happened, and the others are saying they don't want to play anymore because of heightened ping from a server change.
>>
Super Mario 64
It was one of the first games I was exposed to as a kid. I got it for the Wii Virtual Console when I was a bit older and it made me want to play other older games. I think it was also the first game I had actually beaten.

It's not my favorite game anymore, but I played it a fuckton.
>>
>>378267541
Sorry to hear that anon
>>
File: 250px-Klonoa_playstation_front.jpg (34KB, 250x249px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Klonoa_playstation_front.jpg
34KB, 250x249px
KLONOA Door to Phantomile.
Played that game several times and every time I teared up because of the ending.

Sadly it's impossible to discuss it in /v/ because of furfags. Makes me sad, such a great series, miss it so much.
>>
File: 1495858487793.jpg (532KB, 1600x915px) Image search: [Google]
1495858487793.jpg
532KB, 1600x915px
None of them really, but there have been some that have had a sizable influence.

The Orange Box got me into steam, and I never went back to consoles.

Dark Souls 1 was a big part of my life between friends in terms of jokes and stuff.

My friends and I played Killing Floor 1 for like 300 hours, it was our game.

Undertales soundtrack is one that I still listen to to this day, and has spawned me ss'ing Toriel and Asriel.

Drakengard 1 has a soundtrack that I still listen to often, and has created an interesting atmosphere I often put myself into.

Also, quite a few games have made me want to learn Guitar and Piano, just to play the songs from them.
>>
File: 1470831404456.gif (788KB, 500x230px) Image search: [Google]
1470831404456.gif
788KB, 500x230px
>>378262718
Silent Hill 2 and 3.
>>
File: 5634333.jpg (13KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
5634333.jpg
13KB, 600x400px
>Paper Mario 64
Helped calm me down when I would come home from school to my parents fighting and throwing things

>Tony Hawk's pro skater
Great memories of me and my brother spending time together before he got married and moved far away

>Halo 2
We used to have giant LAN parties with this game on Xbox during college, a lot of my friends have either passed away or moved far away, all I have left of them are memories, sometimes I'll hook up my Xbox and look at their old profiles they made on the main menu
>>
File: 1487644643104.jpg (54KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1487644643104.jpg
54KB, 500x667px
>>378262718
Burn me a the stake for this but it's:

Persona 4. The vanilla version on ps2
Played it like 5? years ago, i don't really remember.
Played the game in one week straight.
I liked the game and it kinda helped me grow a little inside at that time.
But i got way too absorbed in the game.
Cried like a bitch when Nanako died.
>>
File: 1372561252361.jpg (351KB, 1000x900px) Image search: [Google]
1372561252361.jpg
351KB, 1000x900px
>>378269329
>Cried like a bitch when Nanako died.
But that's not the true ending.
>>
>>378269481
No shit.
Nanako dies in the hospital after you save her from the tv world.
The choice to get to the endings comes after that scene.
>>
The Batman: Arkham series. I'm obsessed with them and fight with every /v/irgin that say they are shit. I can see that they are not good for me, tho. So many time wasted in some stupid Batman videogames. At least, i should play more games, goddamit, but my obsession with Bamham don't let me.
>>
Vanilla/BC WoW. The specific server community and all the people I knew that I will never speak to again.
>>
WoW. Not matter how much the game is being shat on today, I have a lot of memories.
I also never switched mains, still have the same character from vanilla, without any race or name change.
>>
Team Fortress 2
I've put over two and a half months in that game, as in hours spent. I've made some friends through it.

I miss it.
>>
>>378270272
>>378270053
Didn't even think to include this. Vanilla was one hell of an experience. I do miss the some people you met from it. Lots of autism and genuinely fond memories.
>>
File: sly-2.jpg (40KB, 200x281px) Image search: [Google]
sly-2.jpg
40KB, 200x281px
sly 2

helped me when my mom and dad seperated when i was a kid. it has since then always worked as a sort of safe haven when life is shit and i needed a break from it all.

The game also told a story that i could actually follow along since it was dubbed in my native language, wich was completley mind blowing to me. Since i only played games with english language and text before that, with one ecseption.

and well i could literrally sit here for hours talking about how much this game has helped me, inspierd me and tought me valuable lessons like treat your friends like family and do whats in your power to help them when they are in trouble...

And finally it tought me that, if you cant count on a friend to break you out of prison... then what kind of a friend are you.

thank you for taiking time out of your day to read this corny BS
>>
this masterpiece
I just have very fond memories of playing it as a kid, I don't really have a story to go with it or anything
>>
File: 1488148228250.png (162KB, 543x600px) Image search: [Google]
1488148228250.png
162KB, 543x600px
TF2
>parents get divorced around late 07
>had to move to another city, leaving all my childhood friends behind
>have to go and attend this ghetto ass school with literal bix noods, actually got my bike seat cover stolen while there(being black myself, there's a difference between black and a straight up nigger, fellow blacks know what I mean by this)
>often home alone since mom worked late
>hop onto TF2 and forget about everything for hours
>no matter how shitty of a day I had, TF2 made me forget everything and instantly perk me up
>>
>>378268370
Well here's your chance. What's it about
>>
>>378263860
Do the politics not come through in the game? All I've heard 4chan say about this is that it's tumblr shit so I assumed it'd be full of left-wing agenda pushing
>>
The Longest Journey
April just resonated too well with me back when I played for the first time. I still replay that game from time to time just to remember those feels
>>
File: COH.png (72KB, 639x258px) Image search: [Google]
COH.png
72KB, 639x258px
>>378262718
oblivion on x360.

shitty game on trashy console, but it made a lot of memories for me when I was a lonely kid.

also company of heroes 1. That game filled a void as i grew out of loneliness and finally became the person I always imagined i could be.
>>
File: 1492449753689.jpg (54KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
1492449753689.jpg
54KB, 540x960px
This is incredibly embarrassing to admit, but Katawa Shoujo. I played it towards the end of high school when I was depressed and lonely, and its stories gave me a sort of emotional release and pseudo-intimacy.

More than that, Emi's route actually made me take up running, which got me into physical fitness and generally looking after my physical mental health better, which in turn has improved my life greatly.

It's scary to think whether or not I would have improved had I not played it, but it's even scarier to think my life was quite possibly turned around by a weeb VN about disabled girls made by 4chan
>>
>>378272305
Eh I don't exactly know. I wouldn't say it's pushed in your face, but there are things that are unusual that probably would be associated with left wing agenda pushing. A lot of it I see as just a certain timeline for the future, and at the end of the day, it was a great game that I enjoyed. Nothing comes through to the point of pissing me off anyway, but I'm probably more tolerant to these kind of things anyway.

Calling a game tumblr is a weird insult anyway, I don't even use it, but their are probably a bunch of alt-right groups on their as well. Still I understand what you mean.
>>
Lame choice, but Ocarina of Time
>first game I ever beat in my childhood home
>last game I ever beat in my childhood home

I honestly get a rush of memories of being 10 when I think about this game. I think about my old home, summers as a kid, spending time with my sister, and how stuff was before 9/11.
>>
File: 1490082221647.jpg (22KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1490082221647.jpg
22KB, 600x600px
>>378273036
>>
>>378262718
Do VNs count? Because Everlasting Summer changed my fucking life.

If not that then I would say SSBB, spent the best years of my life playing that with friends.
>>
File: Wildarmscase.jpg (23KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
Wildarmscase.jpg
23KB, 256x256px
>>378262718
>>
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

All of them, other series don't come even close. The atmosphere is just something so special and all the feelings that come along with it... wow... The feeling of total freedom and also the imminent danger, feelings of being alone and the warm feeling of being in a group. I don't play it that much nowadays but hell if I had to choose one game for the rest of my life it would definately be one of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R.s
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.