[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I fucking hate the idea of a multiplayer only game. I also

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Don't Starve all year bitch.jpg (221KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Don't Starve all year bitch.jpg
221KB, 1920x1080px
So, I fucking hate the idea of a multiplayer only game. I also hate the idea of a multiplayer survival game. But I must say I have fallen in love with this little game. I feel a little foolish for not at least reading up on gaming trends. I have two questions though.

How get and what do you do with beefalo? also, What other cool games like this have I been missing out on?
>>
oxygen not included
>>
>>378260824
I don't know much about the new taming mechanics but it takes a long time and doesn't seem worth it. You can find beefalo in grassland biomes, it's worth roaming around for the first few days just to find them.
Beefalo are great to hang around and make your base near. Manure is great for fuel/fertilizer. Wool is good for winter. Good source of meat as well. You can run around them when you're being chased by wolves and they'll eventually aggro and kill the wolves for you.
The only risks are when they're in heat they'll aggro you unless you're wearing a Beefalo hat. You can also relocate the herd using a Beefalo Horn.
>>
>multiplayer only
you can play it alone, you know
and a lot of people do since it's pretty much more featured than the actual solo game now, if you don't care about shipwrecked since it's its own experience
>>
>>378260824
>How get and what do you do with beefalo?
>How get?
they're found in Savannah biomes in herds, from personal observation they seem to generally all be in one biome with maybe one pack in another if there's more than one savannah in your world
>what do you do with beefalo?
they shit out manure and you can kill them for like 6 meat and 25% of a horn which makes the best winter hat in the game, barring maybe the tam 'o shanter if you don't need sanity but you get that hat in the winter anyway
manure is basically only useful for fertilizing grass and farms but you can get way more way faster by just turning a pig into a werepig by feeding it 3 monster meat (which is only really useful as a 1-per-recipe meat filler in crockpots or for eggs as regular filler) and then dropping a stack of petals or berries or any other vegetable/meat on the ground, and you can then kill it after to get 2 meat and a pigskin which are both very good

>>378264281
>Beefalo are great to hang around and make your base near
this CAN be good advice but beefalo are probably the #1 noobtrap in the game
if you're near them in spring, they WILL fuck you over at least once every day and they're usually a fair bit into the savannah so if you're near them, you're farther away from immovable resources like swamps and deserts, whereas you can relocate a beefalo herd.
Honestly though, relocating a herd is more effort that it's worth. Wool very very quickly loses its use once you have a single hat of any kind for winter and because of their pack defense behavior they're really not easy to kill for meat
I'd rather recommend you build like 10 pig houses and then feed 1 or 2 of them any kind of meat, then cancel an attack on some other pig to start a civil war that ends up with all but 1 of them dead, giving you usually around 6 meat and 3 pig skin every 4 days for virtually free, and this is almost infinitely expandable
Guide in next post
>>
>>378265428
More advice on pig farms:

Build a pen of fences, just the size of one turf tile, and put any food item you want in it. Because the food item is in there, pigs will just endlessly walk into the fences, meaning they'll stay awake at night which is really good for you, and since they're too preoccupied with the food, they won't kill you during full moons
Build as many pig houses as your heart desires around it. I'd recommend only building 20 or 30 in case some disaster strikes, always have material in chests to build more if some shit goes down. Build lightning rods to keep them safe from lightning, build fling-os during late spring to protect them from summer or just build a base in the oasis in the desert, in which random combustion never happens
>>
>>378262527
That's really not ready yet. Basic shit like collecting water and fluids flowing properly are bugged out the ass. If there's a puddle of water anywhere your idiot little dudes will waste tons of time grabbing a single kilogram of it at a time instead of grabbing 100 kilograms at once like they're supposed to. If you let that go on too long you get trapped in a cycle where they can't get water to the food machine fast enough and everyone starves. Carbon dioxide will just get stuck in a corner instead of flowing down like it's supposed to, so you need to build gas pumps everywhere in your base. It's a mess, I'd wait a few weeks or months until they polish it a bit.
>>
File: image.png (24KB, 804x926px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
24KB, 804x926px
>went into this game unprepared and never looked up a guide
>it took 50 hours of gameplay but finally I survived until winter
>giant deer thing attacks
>>
>>378265428
And more on the "beefalo are a noobtrap" point
The main appeal for every new player about beefalo is the manure, and manure is SEVERELY overrated
Farms are bad. Outright. They're almost never efficient, which is why I suggested the pig farm, because 3 meat and a monster meat is 150 hunger which is most characters' entire fucking hunger meter, each one lasts you a long ass time

Farm foods, by and large, are awful for hunger. 3 manure and a seed gets you ONE veggie, which, with one exception, restore like 10-27 at most hunger. It's just far, far more efficient to farm meat or honey (but that doesn't work in the winter) than it is to farm.
Farms also don't work at all during winter, so your entire farm field becomes useless when you need it most.

Now, that exception: Dragonfruit.
Dragonfruit, while just awful on its own, can be cooked in a crockpot with just 3 fucking twigs to produce a Dragonpie, which gives 75 hunger, warms you up, and 40 health. Dragon pie is fucking amazing. If you can get a dragonfruit farm set up, do so, but not until after winter.
I'm not sure of your level of knowledge, but, but making a birdcage and putting a bird in it, you can feed the bird a vegetable to get 1 or 2 (which is more than you started with) seeds to produce that vegetable. By cycling this a lot, you can make an infinite amount of dragonfruit seeds and thus dragonpie, which is fucking amazing, but it costs a hell of a lot of manure.
You can also feed cooked meat (including monster meat!) to the bird to get eggs. With this method, you can turn 3 monster meat into 3 eggs and then cook that in a crockpot with a monster meat to get meatballs, worth 62 hunger, which is also pretty good starting off, especially if you're Wendy who genocides spiders and always ends up with a monster meat surplus.
>>
>>378266423
I am now realizing that I dumped what is basically a 3 page essay on your head about how farms are shit and build pig farm please but man I REALLY need someone to talk to this game about because I get really autistic about it
/v/ dst server when? there's even lots of cute girls on the workshop
>>
>>378266769
That's doable, maybe one of these days. The game is old af though.
>>
>>378266769
>/v/ dst server
you know what it's going to boil down into
erpfaggotry and underage memespouters
>>
>>378267398
>game is old af though
DST only released like a year ago.
Sure, the original game was pretty long ago, but DST itself is pretty new still.
>>378267490
in the end it has to be this way
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.