[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he likes games that have no replay value

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: 2.png (410KB, 733x510px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
410KB, 733x510px
>he likes games that have no replay value
>>
>replaying games when you have a neverending backlog
>>
Just play the game once and go play another game dumbass.
>>
>>378259981
You really like this image dontcha?
>>
>>378259981
Jokes on you, grinding in MMOs for a decade has left me unnoticing, and if nothing else, uncaring.
>>
>>378260794
That's pretty fucking stupid. Just rent it if you're never going to play it again
>>
>>378260987
Can you even rent games anymore?
>>
post rocket's paws
>>
>>378261027
Is GameFly still a thing?
>>
>he plays a game without enjoyment or challenge
>>
>>378259981
Fuck you OP, some games can be extremely comforting and downright pleasurable to play to an individual, even if no replay reward is apparent to anyone else. Who are you to judge? Go fuck yourself.
>>
Why was everyone in the GOTG 2 universe such a colossal asshole?
>>
>>378262278
Mantis wasn't an asshole.
>>
why should I replay a game slightly differently when I could play another one entirely?

Replaying games is something I did in the 90s only due to having nothing else to play
>>
>>378260794
This.

There are tens of thousands of video games. Life's too short to replay one a billion times.
>>
>tfw she's not a slant
>>
>>378263196
The title of gamer's not for everyone. Games a broad hobby, as with films. You don't have to be a film buff to enjoy them. But if your enthusiasm is so little you can't stand rewatching even those you enjoy, you most definitely are not a film buff. You are in the realm of casual moviegoer, in that case, which is well enough.
>>
>>378263572
So you opt to consume as many games as possible, as minimally as possible? Quantity over quality?
>>
>>378264779
First part is right. The rest, not so much.

>as minimally as possible?
I play games until I beat them. Once I beat them, I usually stick around for a bit, see if there's anything more I'd like to do. As a kid, I'd try and do everything in a game. But as an adult, I have so many games to play that I don't see the point. Why go out and do a bunch of bullshit sidequests only put in the game to make me feel like I got more value? Why try and get a higher score on certain levels when the gameplay really isn't all that great?

>Quantity over quality?
The exact opposite, actually. I play until the quality of a game erodes. It really depends on the game. The last game I actually completed 100% was Dong Kong Tropical Freeze as that game was pure quality throughout, including going for 100%.
>>
>>378265032
>As a kid, I'd try and do everything in a game. But as an adult,
You should try that approach again, as an adult. Maybe you will answer your own question that way?
>>378265032
>so many games to play that I don't see the point.
You might find a deeper understanding and appreciation of a few games is more satisfying and rewarding than shallow knowledge of many.
>>378265032
>Why go out and do a bunch of bullshit sidequests only put in the game to make me feel like I got more value?
To learn about a game you care about enough to want to learn more about. >>378265032
>Why try and get a higher score on certain levels when the gameplay really isn't all that great?
If the game is too boring, that's its fault; if all games are too boring, that's your fault, so to speak. Enthusiasm isn't for everyone, as I said. Some are hobbyists, some are consumers.
>>378265032
>I play until the quality of a game erodes.
Your perception of it.

Well, 100% runs - you deserve some credit, more than I've lent you. Frankly I don't get how you think there's so many games to play. These days, generally, there's plenty of time to replay. Most of the time there's nothing to do but replay, in my view.
>>
>>378265875
I have 900+ games on Steam, a PS4, Xbone, and Wii U (if I could find a damn Switch, I'd get one as well).

>You might find a deeper understanding and appreciation of a few games is more satisfying and rewarding than shallow knowledge of many.
But the thing is that it's the game's job to put its hooks into me, and few games really do that. It is shallow knowledge of multiple games, true, but I don't find much value in mastering a certain video game unless that video game actually grabs me.
>>
>>378266208
Fair enough. I'm a musical pleb. The only stuff I listen to is what 'pops' for me. I.e., pop.
>>
>>378261027
In the US you can rent games from a Redbox and there is one of those in every Walmart in the cout, not to mention every supermarket
>>
>>378264208
Half slant
So a tilt
>>
>>378267078
Isn't she just French?
>>
>>378260272
This.

There was a time where I used to 100% every game, and I'd play just about anything that caught my eye.

With my job and family now, I get maybe one hour tops each night to play a game. I miss back when I could really enjoy RPG post-game dungeons. Now once the credits roll, odds are high that I'll never touch the game again.
>>
File: 1394396589222.jpg (5KB, 222x219px) Image search: [Google]
1394396589222.jpg
5KB, 222x219px
>he likes video games
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.