[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Switch life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1495475643161.png (1MB, 1920x1083px) Image search: [Google]
1495475643161.png
1MB, 1920x1083px
What will the life of the Switch end up being ?

>NES
10 years
>SNES
9 years
>N64
7 years
>GameCube
>6 years
>Wii
7 years
>Wii U
5 years
>Switch
???

The trend has been down every console except for the Wii.

The Switch will probably sale as well as the Wii so I expect a longer life than the Wii U

6-7 years. Support will die about five and a half years in.
>>
>>378256491
5-7 sounds about right
>>
>>378256491
Statistician here, stop doing projections with 6 data points you fucking retard.

In 3-5 years the new leg of the platform will be revealed and support will slowly shift as the switch has done it's fucking job of being a stopgap to build up a backlog for the current OS platform. Console or handheld doesn't matter, but you can take your guesses off how many 3ds fags buy a switch after support dries up next year.
>>
>>378256491
2 years, the console will fail and Nintendo will soon og Third party
>>
I'd say it depends on how well it does. It is no coincidence that Nintendo's lifespans are directly proportion to success.
>>
>>378256491
there's probably gonna be a hardware revision in 3 years(new model of the tegra chip). depending on sales they will phase out the original model after additional 2-3 years.
>>
>>378256491
I'm going with the GameCube lifespan as a safe bet but if it gets as l popular as the Wii then possibly seven years.
>>
Who cares about the life cycle?

You can put astrics beside them all

Yeah, the Wii u lasted 4 and a half years. But it only had support for about three. In before star fox and paper Mario
>>
>>378256491
>>
>>378256491
>>NES
>10 years
>>SNES
>9 years
What the fuck are you on about
>>
>>378257837
That's from launch to discontinued date
>>
>>378256491

That achievements icon does not meld with the theme of the system. Whoever designed that mockup missed the mark completely.
>>
>>378256958
Miguel?
>>
>>378260746
Ye
>>
>>378256491
Interestingly enough, your breakdown of Nintendo console lifecycles is just symptomatic of how much more of a disposable society we have become.
>>
>>378256491
>The Switch will probably sale as well as the Wii
LOL

The delusion.
>>
I regret buying my Switch and would take it back to the store if I could.
>>
>>378262790
reset it to factory condition and sell it on craigslist or something, you'll get your money back at the very least if there aren't any dents
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.