[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck do I git gud?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

File: Bloodborne_Cover_Wallpaper.jpg (45KB, 288x345px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne_Cover_Wallpaper.jpg
45KB, 288x345px
How the fuck do I git gud?
>>
>>378254463
Step 1. git
Step 2. gud
>>
>>378254463
Play time, learning from mistakes, learning from others.
>>
>>378254463

do this for easy mode
>choose cleaver at the beginning
>mash R1, combine with L1
>>
Practice.
>>
What's more important? Speed or damage?
>>
>use axe; twohand it
>backstep attack into trick attack mash r1 then back into trick attack
>?????
>profit!
>>
>>378254463
>gitting gud in bloodborne
Easiest souls gaym.
>>
>>378255247
But he said he's play bloodborne not DS2
>>
File: images.jpg (5KB, 198x255px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 198x255px
Idk
>>
File: image_0 (1).png (300KB, 520x800px) Image search: [Google]
image_0 (1).png
300KB, 520x800px
Learn to fucking dodge
>>
File: 1450792682566.jpg (168KB, 425x450px) Image search: [Google]
1450792682566.jpg
168KB, 425x450px
>>378256030
don't listen to him. you'll just back yourself into a corner and get fucked. the main thing about bloodborne is that it's aggressive and fast paced meaning you gotta be the first to attack and continue attack when given the chance.

unlike DS where you dodge and block first then attack, this one you attack first then dodge.
>>
>>378255247
Shut up
>>
Just play dude
>>
>>378254463
Learn to sidestep. never mash it but learn you escapes.

Learn your weapon's range-this is very important because a miss can be awufylly fatal.

be aggressive. the game rewards you for attacking after taking some damage. Just be careful about it-if you get hit while staggering youll probably die.

Don't mash! Each attack should be caluclated. Always leave enough stamina for an emergency sidestep. use all stamina only when the additional attack would result in the death of the enemy.

Learn to use strong and charged attack.

Parry is incredibly strong against slow and predictable enemies, like the brutes from central yarhnam or the guys with the corpse bag later.
Attack them or stay at a distance and bait their slow attacks to ensure an easy parry.

Have fun, and don't get discouraged after the first deaths. Excpecially at the second boss, gascoigne is the wall every player crushed into.

Also, don't call for help on your first walktrough(unless its paarl. fuck paarl).

last thing, don't worry about fucking your build. Boost vit and end to 20 and you're fine for your first walktrough.
>>
>>378255096
Yes.
>>
>>378257797
Great advice here but if you're dieing a lot you should boost VIT to 30 which is the soft cap.
Blood Vials always heal 40% of your max health so increasing VIT will make your Blood Vials more efficient.
>>
>>378258682
thats also true.

im trying the dlc for the first time-went for a ARC build just because I couldn't use any arcdane item in my prev run.
How fucked I am?
>>
I can't beat the fucking Orphan. His second phase is unreadable bollocks that prevents you getting any hits in.

Yes I know I need to git gud
>>
>>378259003
Executioner Gloves make bosses a cakewalk. You'll be fine.
I finished my first ARC build not too long ago and it was by far the least deaths I've had in a run.
>>
>>378259003
Little to no fucked, the DLC has hands down the best weapon in the game for ARC users
>>
Shit
>>
I rushed to get the holy sword of moonlight and beat the rest of the game with it fairly easily.

Hitting with a well timed charged L2 arcane + physical is satisfying af
>>
>>378259957
>>378259486
Its nice to know i haven't fucked up.
How long is the Dlc? it was included in the game of the year edition so i havent spent any extra money on it, but I really hope its long enough because I crave more.
>>
>>378260317
Three fairly large areas, five bosses. It's the best part of the game in my opinion, so even if that's not enough quantity for you, at least it's
>>
>>378254971
This.
>>
>>378260317
Roughly 8-10 hours I'd say.
>>
Learn to use the fucking gun.
>>
>>378260534
Is the area you get to by being grabbed by the amygdala outside the chapel everything from the DLC or are the areas separated? I haven't started playing it yet.
>>
>>378261806
That is the DLC.
>>
>>378261990
Good to know. I didn't know about the choir and cainhurst during my first run so I thought DLC might have had multiple convoluted entrances.
>>
Never back dash, you'll just get caught by dumbass hooks. Dash forward past/beside enemies instead.

Use your guns aggressively. Upgrade pistols/rifles since they can put out a good chunk of damage over time, don't worry about upgrading shotguns (they're not built for damage).

Use Molotovs/Knives to stop enemy attack animations. They'll buy you much needed time.

Don't lose your nerve. If you're going to die, take the loss. It's not worth wasting the blood vials

Rally like a mother fucker.

Dress for the occassion, the right armor set will buy you enough time to recover.

VIT and END take priority.
>>
>>378254463
What are you still doing here? Enough trembling in your boots. A hoonter must hoont.
>>
>>378261380
I honestly keep forgetting to do this.
>>
>>378262318

ludwigs shotgun actually does decent damage so long as you point blank someone with it,

the damage reading it gives you is on a per pellet basis, and its more efficient at damage than the hunters shotgun unless you're going full bloodtinge

but if you were doing that Evelyn would be better anyway, so it doesn't even matter
>>
>>378262653
I did too on my first playthrough, but that shotgun has saved me more times than I can count. Find the rune that allows you to recover health from visceral attacks and you'll have a much more enjoyable time.

Also do the chalice dungeons if you haven't already. They'll net you some good gems and weapons.
>>
>>378256030
>dodging
>bloodborne
kek, they put in the life regen by hit for a reason
>>
>>378259003
Arcane doesn't get good until you've done tons of Depth 5 FRC chalices and have lots of rank 20 gems.

>>378262318
>VIT and END take priority.
Endurance is pretty useless in BB compared to Souls. Your starting stamina is much higher, the returns from leveling Endurance are lower, every action costs less, stamina regenerates faster and the delay before regeneration begins is shorter.
Realistically 15-20 is more than enough for the whole game. 40 is obviously better if you don't give a fuck about your level and you're doing deep chalices or NG++++++, but it should be the last thing you level up when all your other stats are at 50.
>>
>>378263024
Yeah. I'm trying to do that more now but still feels weird. I guess cause I am used to the shield in DS
>>
>>378263442

Wow check out this hero, first person to beat BB without dodging. Please share your secret with us master, do you just stand still and trade blows with the enemy until they die?

You're a moron.
>>
>>378263950
I don't use a shield in Souls but that's because I can't parry for shit. Dodging and retaliating is more my style; which BB is all about.
>>
>>378264428
I like the dodge and retaliate but I guess I can get into a rhythm cause I'll either go into passive or full aggressive with me fucking up by not balancing it out
>>
Play a better game
>>
>>378254463
Put most of your levels into Vitality.
Use the saw spear.
If it's any kind of beast or autistically flailing enemy, dash behind them and mash R1 until they back off, repeat until they die.
Any leftover souls you have from leveling up should be spent on spare blood vials.
Hold R2 to backstab.
If you're dealing with any kind of magic or status effect gimmick, switch your armor to something that resists it.
>>
>>378255472
Easiest is DeS, hardest is DS2.
>>
>>378254463
The term "git gud" does not refer to an actual state of skillfulness, but is rather a metaphor for the journey one must undertake. Thusly when someone is told to get good, they are being reminded of the personal discovery every one of us must set out on, a goal we must dream for, but something that forever remains unobtainable.

Despite common misperception of the phrase, "gud" is not an obtainable state, it is the ever evolving nirvana we all strive to reach, but none can obtain. As the meta-game evolves, so do the players, and so does the imperceptible notion of skill along with them. To become truly good is to reach the end of the infinite expanse of evolution that spans all playstyles, all counters, all cheap tricks, all predictive capabilities, and all reactive ones.

However impossible the goal is, however unendingly long the struggle to get there, we all undertake this task of personal growth and knowledge of the game, and we all can look back on days past with the encouraging fact that we have indeed, improved on the way we play the game.
>>
>>378264610
The best advice I can give you is to be aggressive and not get psyched out. Unless and enemy is gigantic (the huge white dudes with axes big) you can parry them.

Understand how to use the trick weapons properly. Most of the transformed states cover a wider area and can stagger enemies. but are slower and have more recovery.

Also since the game only has 3 elements of magic, most enemies are weak to at least one. Fire, bolt and arcane are your friend good hunter.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.