[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gestalt or Replicant?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9

File: NieRjpn.jpg (253KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
NieRjpn.jpg
253KB, 1920x1080px
Gestalt or Replicant?
>>
are you saying Witchers are Blade Runners?
>>
Replicant has more effort put into it and the timeskip makes sense.
>>
>>378252819
I'd love to try either really, but I'm also not paying $40 for a used 7 year old game, so maybe I'll never know.
>>
>gestalt
>manly man doing everything he can to save his daughter

>replicant
>effeminate literal faggot that took it in the ass for money to help a sister he didn't really care for
>>
>>378253007
replicant is just japanese market pandering.
Japanese gamers want to play as young teenagers and find the idea of a nonteenager horrible.
See: Virtue last reward. The protagonist of the game is actually a very old man. In ads and boxarts the person is potrayed as young. The twist is for both story and gamer.
>>
>>378252819

>console exclusives of the SAME GAME

cancer
>>
>>378253483
This. A father trying to save his daughter is infinitely better than a faggot brother and sister combo.
>>
>>378252819
Replicant is very clearly the developer's vision, has more effort put into it as >>378253007 said, timeskip is actually better executed, there's MORE MUSIC than in Gestalt and the Ending E, which is what's canon for Automata, only happens in Replicant.

English Automata has Iron Pipe weapon description altered to say Daddy instead of Bro, turn on Japanese text and you'll see it says "さん" (nisan) aka "older bro" which is further proof that only Replicant is canon.
>>
>>378252819
Gestalt is the canon game, and the one Yoko Taro actually had in mind first.
>>
>>378253852

they're the same games minus the main character and some dialogue changes referencing nier as brother to father and yonah from sister to daughter

>more music

no there isn't.

>ending e only happens in replicant

no it doesnt. its only mentioned in grimoire nier.
>>
>>378253910
Literally shitposting, get cancer and die.

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/05/20/barbarian-nier-was-born-in-los-angeles/
>>
>>378254201
>>no there isn't.
There is, Replicant and Gestalt have different soundtracks entirely with only a couple songs being shared between them.
Replicant soundtrack is a lot more mellow and experimental, while Gestalt is a lore more upbeat, on the side of traditional action.
And Replicant has overall more tracks than Gestalt.

>no it doesnt. its only mentioned in grimoire nier
It's still exclusive to Brother Nier which is the entire point.
>>
>>378254343

i've played both. show me a video where the music is different between the two.
>>
File: 1477712380465.png (53KB, 250x200px) Image search: [Google]
1477712380465.png
53KB, 250x200px
>>378253852
>"さん" (nisan) aka "older bro"
>>
>>378255721
>replying to bait
>>
>>378252819
If you know moon, play both
Otherwise, play both
>>
>>378252819
Gestalt is japanese xbox version, so it's a weeb version.
Replicant is japanese ps3 version, so it's for normy only.
>>
>>378253483
Manly Man also took it in the pooper, if you can believe it. I'm more interested in why a boy would help his sister if he doesn't even like her
>>
>>378254206
literally fake news
>>
Both are good.
Replicant Nier is way more likely to sacrifice himself for Kaine though.
>>
>>378258103
That's a goddamn lie you illiterate faggpt
>>
Literally BOTH are canon.
father/ daughter relationship is very different from west to east, and for japs brother/sister is a lot closer.

In jap the father is usually a distant figure, who works all day and only comes home to ensure his daughter has done her daily chores, while the brother is seen usually as the one who gets an emotional tie.

the message the game conveys is the same, but each version is more relatable for either west or east.

As a westerner, I find papa nier better, for said reasons.
>>
>>378258842
>Literally BOTH are canon.
Except they're mutually exclusive.
>>
>>378259008
xbox version came first if I recall correctly, and they made papa instead of brother because it conveys better the relationship with Yonah for westernes.

then it came ps3 version, and it features a skinny brother because for japs papa/daughter wouldn't have delivered their relationship to japs(I think ps3 version was jap exclusive for a while? cant remember).

in the end its the same fucking game. Maybe ps3 has more endings? cant remember this too. i replayed recently it on 360 to prepare for automata and the last one i got was the one where you sacrifice yourself for Kainè
>>
File: 1286885886318.png (59KB, 516x443px) Image search: [Google]
1286885886318.png
59KB, 516x443px
>>378259402
Why do you even join in on a conversation when you have zero clue what you're talking about?
>>
>>378259585
>I am retarded and have zero arguments, so Ill just post a smug image and day you are dumb
>I WON AGAIN
>>
>>378259008
Literally nothing changes, Nier's role is irrelevant as far as continuity is concerned and whichever version you like the most is canon, the difference is just as relevant as the weapon you delivered the final blow to the Shadowlord with really.

As for me, I like papa Nier more: mainly because I think his personality on a 40+ man is much more intriguing and passionate than on a 16 something dude, his uglyness also fits wuth the theme of Emil and Kayne rejecting their bodies, while he has no problems with his ass face
>>
>>378260109
The "xbox version" did not come first, Gestalt Nier was created as an afterthought to appeal to westerners.
RepliCant was never released in the west ever, and Gestalt was released on both 360 and PS3 in the west.
RepliCant does not have more endings than Gestalt, there is just ending E in Grimoire Nier that is specifically about RepliCant's Nier.
You are retarded and have no clue what you're talking about.
>>
>>378252819
Once the truth about the world is revealed it doesn't really matter.
>>
>>378260554
And how does that fucking invalidates all i have said?
because-and I even wrote it-i didn't remember which one came first or if replicant had different endings?
I played both, even tho I never finished replicant, thus my doubts.

All i wrote still stands, the one who has no clue on what we're even talking about is you.

And I remember ending E, would have loved to see it in motion actually.
The game really suffered from thin budget.
>>
File: 1308477303356.png (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1308477303356.png
14KB, 300x300px
>>378261146
>Says a bunch of shit that is either wrong or plain ignorant
>Gets called out on it
>HOW IS ANY OF THAT WRONG YOU'RE THE CLUELESS ONE
>>
Cruel/Virtuous spears in Automata confirm that both papa and brother Nier are canon.
How? Multiverse.
>>
>>378261632
It's not a multiverse, it's a single universe that was going in cycles during the time of Nier. Some cycles would have Gestalt Nier, other cycles would have RepliCant Nier. Yoko Taro explicitly stated this.
>>
>>378261950
How was that even possible?
>>
>>378262143
Did you even play the game? The whole plot is about the Gestalts getting fucked up, and Kaine's entire dick-owning status is a result of that.
>>
Replicant PS4 English FUCKING WHEN?
>>
File: 49980750_p0.png (493KB, 1000x1552px) Image search: [Google]
49980750_p0.png
493KB, 1000x1552px
I feel Replicant is better for a lot of reasons
>Red & Black adding depth to Brother Nier's character
>Emil's love for Nier actually making sense
I enjoyed Gestalt and I'm not opposed to it at all, I just think that Brother Nier's story is more interesting. It's really just personal taste though
>>378261632
Automata was stupid though
>>
>>378262373
How were time gimmicks possible is what I'm asking. Your post implies time loops, I don't remember time loops.
>>
>>378262596
There were no time loops. The village was dying out and being replaced with new versions of the Gestalts.
>>
Both were retarded meatheads that ruined everything.
Choosing either one spells doom.
>>
>>378262697
>Gestalts
Aren't Gestalts the separated consciousness/souls of humans though? How do they fit into the villages?

Did you mean replicants? If so again, how does this work? Do you not end gestalts for good in both games? The main story is the same in both so how would dying/replacement cycles work? Which game comes first and which one comes 2nd?
>>
>>378263264
You have it backwards, Gestalts are the "humans", RepliCants are the shades.
>Do you not end gestalts for good in both games?
Yes. The game is the end of the cycles.
>The main story is the same in both so how would dying/replacement cycles work?
The events of the game only happen once. Presumably the Niers spent every other cycle farming and jobbing against shades.
>Which game comes first and which one comes 2nd?
There is no order, only one version of the game can happen because of the above. Both Niers existed, but only one Nier could have put an end to the cycles, making the games mutually exclusive. Since most of the supplementary material is about brother Nier and particularly ending E, this is why people consider RepliCant to be canon.
>>
>>378263685
>Gestalts are the "humans", RepliCants are the shades.
http://nier.wikia.com/wiki/Gestalts
I can assume this is wrong then right? Honestly I'm not sure anymore since its been years.

>Both Niers existed, but only one Nier could have put an end to the cycles, making the games mutually exclusive. Since most of the supplementary material is about brother Nier and particularly ending E, this is why people consider RepliCant to be canon.
So in short, whichever you like I guess. Where can one read ending E?
>>
File: 1314803208283.jpg (30KB, 500x475px) Image search: [Google]
1314803208283.jpg
30KB, 500x475px
>>378264236
Well fuck me, I had it backwards. My mistake. Just swap the terms around though and my explanation is t he same.
>Where can one read ending E?
In Grimoire Nier, google it.
>>
>>378262556
You're stupid
>>
File: Nier Clan.jpg (78KB, 384x512px) Image search: [Google]
Nier Clan.jpg
78KB, 384x512px
>>378252819
Either/Or.

I'm fond of Papa Nier because he's the first one I played as and he feels less standard as a JRPG protagonist, but the core of everything else is basically the same.
>>
>>378264390
>In Grimoire Nier, google it.
>mfw expected something along those lines

Everytime I see that shit it seems like such a hassle to read. Maybe when I finish Automata and have nothing else left of the franchise.
>>
File: 1432075737490.png (278KB, 706x412px) Image search: [Google]
1432075737490.png
278KB, 706x412px
>It's breasts!
>>
>>378265027
Somehow forgot to quote >>378264737
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.