[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Atelier

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9

File: header.jpg (264KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
264KB, 460x215px
Why haven't you bought Firis' game /v/?
>>
Because I tried it out """for free""" and it was absolutely awful so I'd have to refund it anyway after an hour.
>>
After the disaster Sophie was?
I got it free from Japan psplus and holy shit

Since ayesha they haven't done anything right
>>
>>378253208
>Sophie
>disaster

Explain?
>>
I haven't played Sophie yet.
>>
Been playing Sophie, have fallen in love with the series, and now I want Firis like I want oxygen. Fug yeah.
>>
File: sophie 4k.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
sophie 4k.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
>>378251617
I'm still playing Sophie. Can't play Firis until I've beaten Sophie.
>>378253208
Sophie is fine
Its a really comfy game. I've not played other Ateliers besides Rorona but I personally like its Recettear-like gameplay, but with more freedom and something happening pretty much every day with regards to character's lives having short events.
>>
I'll buy it when it goes on sale.
>>
>>378253971
Same shit as always?
Doesn't improve in any way
>>
>>378254345
>super detailed frilly outfits
>ps2 tier scenery with completely different lighting

Is this shooped or do they seriously not give a fuck about consistency?
>>
>>378251617
I have never played an Atelier game. Where do I start with this series?

I like JRPGs and fucking around with alchemy sounds fun.
>>
>>378255217
Rorona Plus.
>>
>>378255217
Sophie is honestly the easiest to get into
>>
>>378254885
They know what people pay the most attention to.
>>
>>378251617
Because it's not Mana Khemia 3
>>
>>378255217
I would do what I did, play Sophie to get used to how the game works, then go back to Rorona and beyond when you have a grasp on things.
>>
>>378255217
play a better game like Mana Khemia
>>
>>378256146
>Mana Khemia is not an Atelier game meme
>>
>>378251617
Because it's free dude
>>
>>378256393
It isn't
>>
>>378251617

>used to be all excited everytime a new atelier game come out
>escha & logy drained me of all the enthusiasm i had for the series
>barely played shallie
>haven't played sophie at all
>don't really care about this one either

it hurts
>>
>>378251617
Because Sophie was the worst entry of all the localised games by a significant margin and I have no faith that Gust can still make good games after E&L and Shallie sucked too.
>>
>>378255515
If you know what I mean
>>
>>378255217
Rorona Plus or Ayesha Plus, not the original in either case.
Do not start with Sophie, it's a terrible game and will give you a poor impression of the series.
>>
File: a9 a10.png (23KB, 590x506px) Image search: [Google]
a9 a10.png
23KB, 590x506px
>>378257351
>>
File: why atelier fans hate sophie.png (77KB, 1601x395px) Image search: [Google]
why atelier fans hate sophie.png
77KB, 1601x395px
>>378254658
If it was the same shit as always it would've been passable instead of a disaster.
>>
>>378255217

there are 6 games for ps3, and basicaly they are two different set of trilogies

the first 3 games (rorona/totori/meruru) are the arland series and have art by kishida mel also known as "that guy in that really weird picture with the mask and the two swords" they have a sort of industrial revolution theme and a more whimsical theme, rorona in particular is a very silly game featuring stuff like talking pies and drunken office attendant with a propensity for lesbian rape

seeing rorona and her pal grow up through the series it's a really big part of the charm so if you decide to start with arland you should pick rorona, there are two rorona game, atelier rorona and atelier rorona plus, atelier rorona plus is basicaly a remake with all the gameplay addition they added around the fourth atelier game and it also has model that looks like the actual kishida mel art rather than the shitty SD the original art have (the other "plus" game are the same just with extra content)

the other 3 games are the "dusk" series (ayesha/eschalogy/shallie) they have art by hidari instead and are more serious in tone and are about a world that has fallen in ruin and they also have a more melanchonic theme

i really loved ayesha, it's like one of my favourite ps3 game, it has a great OST, the character are really good, it's an amazing game, but after ayesha came escha and logy and it wasn't just the same... that game was just so dull and slowpaced, it just soured the series for me forever

the gameplay is honestly pretty much the same in almost all of them although lot of people will swear that totori and meruru are the one that got it best, i'd dare to say that gameplay ultimately isn't the strongest point of the series, character interaction is what drives the game around

tl;dr either rorona plus or ayesha
>>
>>378251617
I don't buy garbage games and both mystery games are garbage. With luck Atelier will survive Mystery and we can forget it ever happened.
>>
>>378254658
The opposite, it managed to get worse.
>>
Isn't this year the series' 20th anniversary? And they still haven't announced a new entry yet.
>>
>>378258924
What if I don't have a ps3?

Do the Iris and Mana series hold up?
>>
>GUST sees their kohai, Compile Heart, have been printing money with Nep on PC
>sales are currently doing so poorly that they begrudgingly accept porting to PC
>they port the ones GUST fans shit on super hard instead of the older, well-liked trilogies they'd gladly be shilling for free
>"oh well PC doesn't like cute alchemists doing yuri things, back to the Vita with us!"

OLD MEN
>>
>>378259513
Iris and MK are entirely different kinds of games. Iris is typical JRPG save the world with your party of adventurers deal but with item crafting added on. They're generally not considered very good between the weak characters and stories and the item creation is nowhere near as complex as in Arland or Dusk.
Mana Khemia is the obligatory school setting and is only praised for its combat which the Dusk games reuse anyway.
>>
>>378259481
Mystery unironically might kill Atelier. Instead of thinking "hey we fucked up" Gust/KT will think, "I guess people don't like atelier anymore". It's clear they wanted to go back to the cheerful nature of Arland, but they forgot that as cheerful as Arland was the plots where ALWAYS serious, not this slice of life into save the world. Also Atelier was never really about saving the world, nothing so grand. It always focused on the individual people and their community with societal and individual problems.
>>
>>378259513
get a vita, the better versions of the games are on vita.
>>
I liked Sophie, fight me
>>
File: C_fMCQjWsAIX1nj.jpg large.jpg (69KB, 720x262px) Image search: [Google]
C_fMCQjWsAIX1nj.jpg large.jpg
69KB, 720x262px
>>378259481
They have announced it, but w/out any info.

>>378259513
Iris and MK are more like traditional RPGs than Atelier games and aren't that good. MK is worth playing for its amazing battle system though.
>>
>>378259605
>back to the Vita with us
Even worse, they might just drop atelier all together. They recently did a poll for the 20th anniversary release and the top games were Marie and Totori, two games that play nothing like Sophie/Firis, and have completely different tones to Sophie/Firis. With luck they learn, but bad luck Atelier dies.
>>
>>378259920
More importantly Arland actually had interesting characters who got a lot of development and actually decent writing, all things entirely absent from Mysterious. And Arland has combat that was a million times better, even Iris has better combat than Sophie. And Arland had great music, and game progression that wasn't awful, and basically everything about it was better than Mysterious in every way.
>>
>>378260001
Please drop mystery now. PLEASE. Let the Mystery experiment end.
>>
>>378260204
When I played Dusk I really didn't like the combat, I never though the combat in atelier would get so bad that I would wish for the days of Dusk to come back.
>>
File: A7_Gray.jpg (98KB, 750x900px) Image search: [Google]
A7_Gray.jpg
98KB, 750x900px
>>378259513

iris and mana are completly different game that don't play anything like the ps3 atelier game, they play more like normal rpg with a storyline and shit like that, where the atelier game have schedule to follow and character event and time management element

as for them, mana khemia is EXTREMELY good, i'm not kidding when i say mana khemia is one of my favourite game ever and the best gust game that is avaiable in english, if i had to rank them they would go

Mana Khemia -> Iris 3 -> Mana Khemia 2 -> Iris 2 -> Iris

i think these are all good games except for the original iris game, which is terrible! lot of people played that one and just skipped all the other which really sucks

iris 2 also get a lot of flack and honestly i too think it's sort of mediocre but then again, it has it's good points and you get to have a fucking dragon knight in your party and that alone just make it worth
>>
>>378260204
The Character designs were also not shit.

Natsuki Sumeragi for the next series!
>>
>EXA_PICO dead
>Atelier going downhill
>Blue Reflection bombed
Only thing that hasn't failed was yuri vampires but I'm not interested in that. What happened to GUST?
>>
>>378251617
Got it on gamefly and didn't like the open world shit
>>
>>378261279
Koei-Tecmo happened.
>>
File: atelieriris2noinportrai.png (575KB, 1307x836px) Image search: [Google]
atelieriris2noinportrai.png
575KB, 1307x836px
>>378260730

oh also iris 2 has noin in the adorable big tittied brawler category that everyone seems to love
>>
File: 1357646-ai2_viese_blanchimont2.jpg (64KB, 400x900px) Image search: [Google]
1357646-ai2_viese_blanchimont2.jpg
64KB, 400x900px
>>378260730
Change Iris 3 with 2 and that would be good ranking.
Iris 3 has challenging fight, i remember having good battle against time mana because he has ability to double his body and fully regenerate his HP, but to stay in one town everytime, in Iris game, made it rather boring.
Also my list
Iris 2 = Ayesha > MK > MK2 > Iris 3 = Iris 1 > Meruru >Totori > Rorona > Eschalogy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> mystery games.
Viese is the best Atelier waifu. Felt is lucky bastard.
>>
>>378261749
Totori isn't better than anything.
>>
>>378262235
Not everyone only played the garbage vita version. Totori was great on the ps3.
>>
>>378261749
This is some shit taste.

>>378262235
This is some especially shit taste.
>>
>>378261749

i really really really like iris 3 combat, i especialy love how it has a job system that seems to differ from the usual Warrior/Thief/Wizard that every other jrpg has
>>
>>378262395
Was the PS3 version a completely different game?

>>378262510
>wah he made fun of my first Atelier
Totori is shit.
>>
>>378263081
But my first Atelier was Iris.
>>
still waiting on a new Mana Khemia
>>
I wish there were other similar series that would come close to ateliers.
>>
>>378251617
My backlog is huge, plus I just finished Sophie so I'll wait a few months before going back to Atelier.
The games can be pretty exhausting with all the autismo micro-management.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.