[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how did this shit end up being worse than spore?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: No_Man's_Sky.jpg (37KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
No_Man's_Sky.jpg
37KB, 350x350px
how did this shit end up being worse than spore?
>>
Overhyped as fuck
>>
kickstarter.
>>
File: 1432358964081.png (186KB, 467x417px) Image search: [Google]
1432358964081.png
186KB, 467x417px
Spore was an ocean of entertainment reduced to a puddle due to design decisions

NMS was a puddle being advertised as an ocean
>>
People still don't understand what procedural generation is and why you can't use it for everything.

Making 1B planets is easy. Making 10 interesting planets is a much more difficult task.
>>
>>378251747
nms was never crowd funded
>>
>>378251670
It could of easily lived up to its hype. The game creates itself in this type of setting. I was hoping for a super immersive ratchet and clank style of gameplay and environment but no, it's just US minecraft
>>
>>378251612
http://insomnia.ac/commentary/on_emergent_game_behavior_and_other_miracles/

Basically these kinds of game designers ride off that one great idea they had 20+ years ago, and botch the rest due to being terrible theorists.
>>
>>378251612
I liked it when I wasn't trying to get the center
I was pretty much in the dark before buying it, so I guess this explains why.
>>
>>378252090
What

This game never looked anything like R&C
>>
>>378251612
Procedural everything is fine if you actually make it varied enough so sometimes things don't make sense but that's okay (look at early minecraft worlds).
But it was pretty boring here.

Also the gameplay sucks. Not much actual space combat or trading. Just repeat the same stuff over and over.

And let's not forget the lies of what's included in the game and then getting something that's missing most of what he's been constantly repeating.
>>
the game needed roaming npcs,multiplayer,better combat,and player made or generated cities. Planets are just gigantic empty piles of shit with 1 dragon ball z capsule home every 2000 miles
>>
>>378251612
Spore was made by a big studio and No Man Sky by a little team, simple.
>>
I pirated and got to the center. What the fuck was the story about? I recall just flying into copy and paste floating triangles that spoke nonsense to me.

>I can feel my body trembling as the monument speaks to me. I shake even more, I am reminded of my travels
>You have gained 1 vortex cube

Shit like that
>>
>Sony goes out of their way to hype an indie game
>YOU CAN DO ANYTHING
>fake demos
>Procedural Generation
>Only made to get Sean Murray rich

And i fell for it
>>
>>378252753
That would be and has been interesting in other games. But this game just lacked loads to make it feel satisfying to have that mysterious story to it.
>>
>>378253325
Thats what you get for trusting game devs did todd shitward and the bathestashit teach you nothing.
>>
File: 1428877773186.jpg (185KB, 1083x720px) Image search: [Google]
1428877773186.jpg
185KB, 1083x720px
>>378251612
why am I the only one who liked spore :(
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.