[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No Man's Sky

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 12

File: no-mans-sky-08-18-16-1.jpg (127KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
no-mans-sky-08-18-16-1.jpg
127KB, 1920x1080px
Why didn't he get sued for fraud?

He outright lied about major aspects of the game.

btw. What will he be his next project/game?
>>
Because he is just a representative of the company and not the company itself, you fuckhead
>>
>>378251516
Fpbp
He was just a figure head. Hardly all his fault.
>>
>>378251426
If I remember right, there was an investigation to see if the advertising was misleading or not but it ultimately didn't lead to anything
>>
>>378251426
this guy seems to have just disappeared after the release.

by the wasn't there some sort of patch adding in stuff vaguely resembling the things advertised?
>>
>>378251426
>Why didn't he get sued for fraud?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LLC
>btw. What will he be his next project/game?
I heard he got offers from Bethesda and 22cans.
>>
Because he literally dissapeared.
Fucker's probably in Cambodia by now. We'll never find him.
>>
>>378251426
Sony made him push it too quickly you dumbfuck.

>>378252156
He didn't disappear. Stop being autistic.
>>
Where is he now?
>>
>>378251426
I think the black mark on the company is a bigger issue, almost no game they make now will be praised, it'll be analyzed down to the wire so that this mistake doesn't happen again.
>>
Was he even real?
>>
File: nms case header.jpg (31KB, 590x332px) Image search: [Google]
nms case header.jpg
31KB, 590x332px
Reminder that the devs even lied to the publisher about the game having online and boxes were manufactured showing online and they had to put a sticker over it later on so they wouldn't get sued.

Hello Games is a zombie dev now, no note worthy publisher will even consider touching them from now on.
>>
>>378251426
There is nobody to blame except victims. They were too dumb and naive.
>>
>>378251516
What the fuck are you talking about. Hello Games is a private company he fucking founded and is the managing director.

The motherfucker is the CEO and owner. He cashed all the fucking money. As far as anybody is concerned in business he IS the company.
>>
>>378251426
I know where there office is, I wonder if they still work there?
>>
TEA

AND
>>
They had a false advertisement claim leveled against them in the U.K. But it was dismissed.

Supposedly they're continuing to work on updates, but their so toxic at this point I'd be shocked if they ever released another game.
>>
>>378252885
hahahaha please dont anon, i dont think their deed is very evil to THAT extent.
>>
>>378252941

NOMS
>>
File: happy games.jpg (133KB, 731x758px) Image search: [Google]
happy games.jpg
133KB, 731x758px
Not quite Battleborn-tier yet
>>
>>378252548
>Hello Games is a private company he fucking founded and is the managing director.
and yet, its an LLC, and LLC exists for exactly the purpose of protecting the the owners of those companies from these fuck up.
>>
>Sean Murray lies his ass off and drops off the face of the earth
>Peter Molyneux lies his ass off and is eventually run out of the industry
>Todd Howard lies his ass off and is one of the most respected figures in game making
How did he do it? Is the secret to just make really simple games for simple people so they keep eating it up regardless of what bullshit promises you make?
>>
>millennials don't understand how a business works and want to rely on muh state do protect them

what went wrong
>>
>>378253472
American
>>
>>378251894
This. A British investigation magically turned up no leads, even when presented with a mountain of evidence.
>>
>>378252287
fag
>>
File: 1494455646207.png (306KB, 320x528px) Image search: [Google]
1494455646207.png
306KB, 320x528px
>>378253574
>>
>>378253176
>no man's kek is actually doing mildly better than battleborn

WEW. Gearbox is going to die very soon.
>>
>>378251426

Bioware did the same with Androme and they didn't get sued. Fucking double standards, mate.
>>
>>378253415
The secret is to make good games. Todd became respected for making consistently amazing games for over two decades.
>>
File: mustasched man.png (160KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
mustasched man.png
160KB, 360x240px
>>378253415
he's just a really likeable and a great persona in general
>>
>>378253923
nice one Todd. i see you're busy protecting your reputation here instead of developing new game
>>
>>378251426
>Why didn't he get sued for fraud?
There was an investigation and they judged he had done nothing wrong. That's mostly because...
>He outright lied about major aspects of the game.
As long as it's a work in progress when he's talking about it, it doesn't matter one bit. The notion of "promise" you faggots hold dear doesn't exist. But c'mon, the game industry has been like that from the beginning, you should know that.

>>378252328
>I think the black mark on the company is a bigger issue
Ahahahaha. Nah. Even at its height it didn't matter to normies, and companies like EA have gotten away with way worse.
>>
>>378254049
>and companies like EA have gotten away with way worse.

name one. im a normie i dont follow the scene much
>>
>>378253415
Mods.

Modders eventually make Todd's promises into a reality.
>>
>>378253415
Todd is a master liar. Anything he says can be reasonably interpreted to not be an actual lie.
Also, unlike Molyneux and Murray, the games released under Todd's direction generally thrive on their incredibly dedicated modding communities. This is a big part of their success and it has nothing to do with him.
>>
>>378251426
>What will he be his next project/game?
It will be another title full of promises and ideas that no small studio with one major release can pull off, but it will still make money hand over first on hype alone.
>>
File: Not $27.99.jpg (33KB, 376x200px) Image search: [Google]
Not $27.99.jpg
33KB, 376x200px
No Man's Sky looks like THAT now?! Just bought a copy.
>>
>>378254115
The term of bullshot was invented for them.
>>
>>378253923
He first directed Marrowmind.
>>
what i want to know is why did sony give this no name indie dev this much money and advertisement when the only game they ever made was some crappy mobile game that no one plays.
>>
>>378254245
>This is a big part of their success and it has nothing to do with him.
well, someone actually had to get down to work and create the modding toolkit. a major part of the reason why TES/Fallout modding scene is so active was because the developers released a mod creation kit, and its pretty good (compared to other games mod support)
>>
I think he could evade most of that by say "we had it planned but it dont come with the game on release"
>>
>>378253735
just blame the russians
>>
>>378253415
To be fair, Todd usually exaggerates the shit out of things but they are technically true. Games like Skyrim DO have infinite quests, they're just all pointless shit. Todd makes them sound amazing and they're never the best version of what he says, but they at least exist in the game, outside of a few whoppers.

Sean couldn't even control his autism long enough to stop saying the game had multiplayer and that the only way you can see your player is by other players you run into describing what you look like on national television interviews.
>>
>>378254371
your copypasta bait isnt really in context for this thread
>>
>>378252287
Hi Sean
>>
>>378251426
Because he did, technically, deliver what was promised. Suing for fraud and false advertising only works if you promise something radically different(let's say a car and deliver a bike) or the product turns out to be hazardous to the consumers health(lead in food, paint or toys).
>>
>>378251894
>>378253735

I didn't pay too much attention but I do remember the claim that you could meet other people online that people were circulating. I was super skeptical so I searched for it for 1 hour and saw nothing but articles where people asked the devs and they didn't comment. I brought it up on /v/ and the general attitude was well MAYBE it's in there. I was genuinely confused. How do you accidentally program something that takes hours like multiplayer? This sparked more research on my behalf and the conclusion i came to was the public made up more bullshit about this game than the company did.
>>
>>378253415
Because Todd is actually a pretty nice guy. I also could be wrong but I guess it's also about the degree of the lies. Todd may exaggerate and embellish stuff but the bullshit that they pulled with NMS is on a hole different level.
>>
File: 1493921773083.gif (3MB, 236x467px) Image search: [Google]
1493921773083.gif
3MB, 236x467px
>they pre-ordered No Man's Sky
>they bought it on the first day
>they payed full price for it
>they blame marketing
>they willingly gave Sean a fucking millions
>>
sean murray gave a talk a GDC 3 months ago you memesters
>>
>>378254503
>He first directed Marrowmind.
No, the first TES game he directed was Redguard in 1998. The first TES game he worked on in any capacity was a post-release patch for Arena in 1994. The first TES game he helped design was Daggerfall in 1996. The first Bethesda game he produced was Terminator: Future Shock in 1995 which revolutionized the FPS genre by inventing the mouselook/WASD control scheme used by every single one since then, including the much more popular Quake.

Morrowind is only significant because it's the game that saved Bethesda from bankruptcy and brought them into mainstream popularity, and from then until today every single major release of theirs has been celebrated and awarded across the industry. But Todd was already a veteran developer by the time he directed it.
>>
>>378251426
I just can't believe he did an interview and took a picture with his bare feet (no shoes or socks) out.
>>
>>378254660
>Sean couldn't even control his autism long enough to stop saying the game had multiplayer and that the only way you can see your player is by other players you run into describing what you look like on national television interviews.

Sauce?
>>
>>378254660
code analysis and postmortem presentations show they did have multiplayer (beyond the asynchronous multiplayer that was there on release) planned but couldn't finish it on time, so that places it on the same level as todd's bullshit.
>>
>>378253864
Shh, it's easier to attack a smaller target.
>>
>>378255835
Here at 7:40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8P2CZg3sJQ
>>
>>378255613
>When the compact Todd Howard...

Toddlet confirmed.
>>
>>378255018
What?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE0nuW-mQ8A
>>
>Those posts where that one kid said his uncle was a lawyer and was setting up a class action lawsuit.

The failure of that game was matched only by the retarded reactions to it
>>
>>378251426
As if he's the first person to blatantly lie about his product. You'd have to sue half of the industry.
>>
>>378256354
>implying this would be a bad thing
>>
>>378256717
He said industry and game industry.
>>
>>378256873
*not game
>>
>>378253176
jesus that 200k all time peak
>>
Maybe if people gave a shit and actually paid attention to how the product was made and didn't just blindly buy the newest iteration of their favorite property we wouldn't have to care so much about liars.

We're such a minority here it's not even funny. Everyone else just doesn't give a shit and buys whatever the industry shits out to them.
>>
>>378256157
>>378256048

Maybe it's because I wasn't very invested in the game but I had already seen all of this and knew there wouldn't be multiplayer. Again, think of the logistics.

>There is multiplayer
>You will almost never experience it

To me that means there's no multiplayer and he's just bullshitting. It's fucked that he mislead people but during the months leading to release it was pretty clear to me there was no multiplayer. People still went and looked for it post release. It's easier for me to sympathize with a businessman than an outright idiot.
>>
File: todd car.jpg (40KB, 400x376px) Image search: [Google]
todd car.jpg
40KB, 400x376px
>>378255613
>PCG: Lionel Richie or Billy Ocean?
>Todd Howard: Billie Ocean. Come on; Lionel wanted to wine and dine the women, but Billy just told them to get the hell in his car.
>>
File: numales box.jpg (319KB, 2048x859px) Image search: [Google]
numales box.jpg
319KB, 2048x859px
>>378257297
>It's fucked that he mislead people but during the months leading to release it was pretty clear to me there was no multiplayer.
Yeah, I mean a reasonable person would probably be able to assume there wouldn't be thousands of people you could interact with one muh 18 billion planets but he was so god damn dodgy with those questions and it pretty much took two people on Twitter meeting up at the same planet and being unable to see each other for them to say there wasn't multiplayer. I think most expected it in some capacity with all of the "you can see each other, but it's really rare because our game is so big!"
>>
File: 1495122758037.jpg (52KB, 536x625px) Image search: [Google]
1495122758037.jpg
52KB, 536x625px
>>378253176
>singleplayer game that was roasted in all news and got shit from all sides has more players than the mp flavor of the year mobafps battleborn
>>
>>378257905

Did they actually admit there wasn't multiplayer? Sean just posted on Twitter how it was amazing that two people were on the same location on the first day, but didn't acknowledge the fact they couldn't see each other, from what i remember.
>>
>>378258370
Yeah he outright stated it is not a multiplayer game. Also reps from the company stated it pre release.
>>
>>378257905
>I think most expected it in some capacity with all of the "you can see each other, but it's really rare because our game is so big!"

Which a person with a rudimentary understanding of game development should be able to debunk. I don't feel sorry for grown adults finding out santa clause isn't real.
>>
>>378253853
No Man's Sky had good marketing compared to Stillborn.
Only intelligent people saw how NMS couldn't deliver but Battleborn was a poor OW clone from the very beginning
>>
>>378252323
Ecuador. No extradition treaty.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.