[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw he was right

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 10

File: tfwds2goat.jpg (102KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tfwds2goat.jpg
102KB, 1280x720px
>tfw he was right
>>
Why do DS2 fags feel the need to defend their shit game here every day? Who are you trying to convince here?
>>
>>378251151
stop replying to these threads, the guy is obviously just shilling the video for views
>>
>>378251259
>>378251151

just trying to enlighten this board who think it's the worst. It's clearly the best
>>
File: IMG_4099.jpg (27KB, 498x486px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4099.jpg
27KB, 498x486px
Mfw enjoyed all the souls games and Bloodborne in their own different ways and not worried about other people's opinions on the games and not worried about /v/'s opinion on the youtubers' opinions
Feels good
>>
>>378251051
Of course he is.

/v/ is just angry they're too stupid to appreciate the game and parrot that matthew faggots objectively wrong video
>>
>>378251051
He was mostly wrong.
When he was right he was right in a stopped clock kind of way.
The game frequently pitting you against multiple enemies wasn't as big of an issue as people make it out to be and that's pretty much all I can remember really agreeing with 100%.

DaS2 is a passable game that I had a fair amount of fun playing and it had some very rough edges but also some really solid elements and features to it.
It also had some longevity in various forms that neither DaS1 (Fun to replay but I've committed it to memory at this point and the matchmaking was always kind of ass) or DaS3 (Ass to replay and the PvP isn't really as good either) could match so I've got far more playtime in it.

>>378251151
(You)s
>>
Joseph Anderson is a contrarian faggot. Fun to watch, but only a retard would take him seriously.
>>
>>378251915
implying a fucking YouTube video from some no name is the reason ds2 is unpopular
>>
I'll get it in a bundle or something. The game simply wasnt worth buying at launch. I dont blame people for not buying a lie.
>>
>>378251363
Look at the world design in Dark Souls 2 and try to tell me it's still the best in the series
>>
>>378254880
>muh IMMERSIVE world building in a series where the """""""story""""""" comes from fan theories
DaS2 is as good as if not better than DaS in things that count, I don't give a shit if a magic powered elevator in a mountain makes sense or not
>>
Is this the new Egoraptor OoT video?
>>
>>378254880

I'm not trying to suggestion the world design is the best in the series, but honestly it's one of the least important factors in my decision. It's the most fun to play, that's what counts.

Also DS3 world design is no better, more detailed but extremely linear, no replay value
>>
>>378255648
This might be hard to believe anon, but level design is a big reason why a lot of people liked the original Dark Souls
>>
>>378255648
What counts, according to you? And how is it better than DaS?
>>
>>378251051
DS1>DS3>DS2>Bloodborne(without dlc)

I haven't done the dlc yet since someone at from thought that making NG+ start as soon as you finish the game was a good idea.
>>
File: file.png (31KB, 893x368px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
31KB, 893x368px
really makes you think
>>
>>378256864

>youtube community represents accurate opinion.

So many factors deciding this.

DS2>DS1 for me but hbomberguy is a retard, and matthewmatosis sucked at the game and needed to git gud.

Matt has a bigger channel, has adoring fans and hbomberguy invites the hate from ds2 haters
>>
>>378256223
It truly was. Dark Souls being that open is still unparalleled in the series and brought a fuckton of replayability.
The other anon, however, was talking about WORLD design, which is the usual bunch of muh immersion crap autists love to spew pretending DaS is some sort of paragon of internal consistency even though it's the usual fantasy crap where you can find just as many suspension of disbelief shattering details.
>>378256335
Enemy composition, build variety, stat balance, weapons, enemy design, many QoL improvements, etc etc.
Level design doesn't have DaS highs nor lows, it keeps itself on a line of mediocrity with occasional spurs of good to great content, so I think of them as equals, more or less.
>>
>cuck
>has shitty opinions

whoa
>>
File: 1476139424413.jpg (11KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1476139424413.jpg
11KB, 250x250px
>>378257635

stop talking in third person
>>
>>378251151
The same reason why DaSbabbies feel the need to say DaS and DaS 3 are god tier games.
>>
>dark souls 2 isn't a bad game
>its the only souls game with a defense force

really lights my bonfire
>>
>>378258356
Dark Souls 1 has an even bigger defense force.

Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.
>>
>>378258525
>2011
>Nostalgia
>>
>>378258525
yeah

i see those daily dark souls defense threads everyday

oh wait

no i dont
>>
dark souls 2 is pure, annoying trash that looks and works like a chinese bootleg. Its a disgrace for From Software and everyone knows it.
>>
>>378258614
You're in one right now, you retarded mongloid.

I recommend you kill yourself, purely so your retarded faggot genes don't further taint the gene pool.
>>
>>378258919
>tells other people to kill themselves
>can't tell the difference between a 1 and a 2

really firing up those neurons
>>
>>378258987
You really are on dense, retarded, double digit IQ retard. I recommend you fuck off back to whatever shithole you came from. Most likely Reddit or Neogaf.

Then you can proceed to neck yourself, cunt.
>>
>>378258605

DS1 nostalgia definitely exists.

Name one excellent part/feature in DS1

Name one thing you dislike in DS2
>>
>>378259126
>>378258987
>>
>>378259131
>Name one excellent part/feature in DS1
Sen's Fortress
>Name one thing you dislike in DS2
Drangleic Castle
>>
>>378258605
you can have nostalgia from 6 months ago retard, there's no minimum limit.
>>
>>378251051
Game was fun (PvE was boring as fuck but oddly satisfying). Soul Memory was retarded but with the name engraved ring and agape ring you could summon a high level friend with endgame gear and steamroll shit together which was sort of fun. PvP had varied builds but hitboxes were absolute fucking trash. Nice artstyle but too bright/colorful/vivid for the Souls atmosphere. Some locations were really nice, others were boring and forgettable. Lack of omnidirectional rolling made stuff a bit less fun. Equip load and ring system was nice. Armor was useless. Poise was fucking trash. Dark Souls 2 did somethings well and was fun for some people but it also fucked up a lot of things. SotFS was better than vanilla, more difficult too.
>>
>>378259474

Sens fortress really? It's like a straight line with 'traps'

Drangelic castle is actually a decent area.

I was expecting more a gameplay gripe, seeing that ds3 areas were shit. Do you rank that above ds2 as well?
>>
The movement is so fucking sluggish. Even DeS has better movement and controls. Also I could never get over how fucking ugly 2 was. Even SotFS didn't do much for it. Guess there's not much you can do to make something look better when it has a gutted lighting system.
>>
>so many autists ITT that put autistic irrelevancies above gameplay in terms of what makes a good game
>>
>>378260242
>I can see izalith from tomb of the giants, holy shit DS1 world design is GOAT

t. every single "world design" shitter in this thread
>>
File: 1490978411856.jpg (38KB, 536x800px) Image search: [Google]
1490978411856.jpg
38KB, 536x800px
>>378260581

>defends having to one by one pop souls and offer humanity to chaos covenant
>shits on largest variety of weapons, armour and viable builds
>shits on funnest souls game
>defends ds3 at all
>>
I'd be embarrassed to have this video "on my side" if I was dumb enough to like DaS2.
>>
>>378251051
>he was right
>Healing is good because it makes the game easier
I do remember dying in the middle of a battle while healing, but most of this happened in Dark Souls 2, not Dark souls 1. In Dark Souls 2 the estus flask became almost entirely useless because spamming life gems increased heal rate to that of estus which made things very easy, and you could purchase them dirt cheap from the hag, who had an infinite stock.
>>
File: 1476799706337.jpg (94KB, 522x579px) Image search: [Google]
1476799706337.jpg
94KB, 522x579px
>>378261787

>dying a lot is fun
>>
File: 1459629990081.png (162KB, 494x388px) Image search: [Google]
1459629990081.png
162KB, 494x388px
>when you defend a game that even the creators think was ass
>>
>>378261787
>Dudes in armor are cool
Seriously, why the fuck does he think that dudes in armor make for good enemies, generic and boring.
>>
>>378251795
this 2bh
>>
>>378261924
>Being bad enough to die
Some shield with good stability and damage reduction (or you could just roll lmao) to avoid damage, bow to deal with enemies you don't like, or just be like me and charge in with superomegaultragreatsword with a side of darkmoonblade while tripping balls on lifegems and spam attacks with a huge cleave.
>never dying in an installment of a series that is known well for being "difficult"
>>
>>378251051
Why do people need youtuber ecelebs to validate their opnions on games? I defended my opinions with solid arguments about ds2 much before hearing about any of 2 fucks
>>
Honestly I'm just reporting these threads for spamming now, LEL EVERY DAY MEMES are against the rules and always have been.

The only tolerable ones are the drawfag threads and the E3 ones.
>>
The only good points in his video were directly stolen from Joseph Anderson

Sage for viral marketing btw
>>
>>378251051
He was right about Fallout 3. I didn't watch any of his other videos. I wish he did a video on other Fallouts.
>>
File: IMG_3390.jpg (71KB, 463x410px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3390.jpg
71KB, 463x410px
>>378251051
Stop shilling your shitty video
>>
>>378251051
He's only right about shields and lock-on/multiples, but these aren't even new insights. Everything else is incoherent babbling.
>>
>>378262054
Miyamoto thought Zelda 2 was ass but that game was better than most of Aonuma's 3D Zelda's, people even travelled to different states to get their hands on it
>>
File: ss+(2017-05-28+at+02.31.46).jpg (2KB, 103x39px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-05-28+at+02.31.46).jpg
2KB, 103x39px
>ds2 faggots are still trying to make their dead game relevant
adorable
>>
>>378263405
That's pretty good for a single player game that came out in 2014
>>
>>378260015
>sens fortress ''a straight line with traps''
Confirmed has not even played DS1. Dont speak about souls games ever again please.
>>
>>378262054
Ken levine dislikes bioshock 2 and the polish writer of the witcher dislikes all the games, it doesnt mean they are right, just that they have shit taste.
>>
>>378261787
The guy in the video also mentions how regarding playing against humanoid bosses Ornstein and Smough was not as good because you were focused on fighting two people at once, which is one of the things that made it fun. Having to create some distance between the two bosses so you could better manage the fight was fun, especially if you were going for a particular second stage (super ornstein is the most fun to be honest family). In the second stage, the danger drastically increases (not with smough, his attacks are really easy to dodge, but that ornstein grab always make me squeal.) Most of the arguments this guy makes in the youtube video (which nobody linked for some reason) are completely subjective. Dark Souls 2 may have been fun for some (it was for me) but it just didn't get enough things done right.
>>
>>378263826
Lmao he even said Scorpioness Najka was a unique fight that broke up the monotony of the dude in armor boss fights even though it's literally just a poor rehash of quelaag.
>>
>>378251051
You shouldn't need a video to justify your enjoyment of a game.
>>
>Actually this thing made the game bad was good because I liked it
Cool vid OP
>>
>he thinks DaS2 is a meta narrative on sequels

that bullshit alone destroys any "argument" the video had. He was biased in favor from the get-go.

So glad 3 rolled back all the stupid shit from 2
>>
>>378258149
Except we don't need some dumbass making a hour long video just to say it. They are god-tier games.

I like DS2 but you guys tend to be insufferable constantly attacking every other soulsborne game and just pissing everyone off acting like DS2 has zero flaws
>>
>>378262113
I still think 'dudes in armor' are some of the best bosses in the series, but Dark Souls 2 has a ton of boring versions of that type of boss. Too many of them share a similar moveset, and they don't have to. Pursuer, Smelter, Lost Sinner, Dragonrider, Ruin Sentinels, etc., all have very similar movesets and they're not very interesting. They are also generally fought in the same type of arena, with really the only exception being ruin sentinels who have a multi-leveled arena, although once you drop down, you can't get back up.

Dark Souls 1 in comparison has Iron Golem, O&S, Artorias, Gwyn, and all of their fights feel very different.
Even Dork Souls 3 has a bunch of different feeling dudes in armor fights, and I still think DaS3 has some of my favorite fights in the series, and a lot of them are just dudes in armor, like Soul of Cinder, Lorian/Lothric, and Gundyr
>>
>>378251051
The entire video can be summed up as:
>don't use lock-on in fights with multiple enemies

The end.
>>
>>378251051

No he wasn't. Regardless, the only bad souls game is DeS.

BB:TOHE > DAS3:TFFE > DAS:PTDE > DAS2:SOTFS > DES
>>
>>378268245
its really the music too that gives the boss fights almost no sense of urgency
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB2CUPPWhr4&t
i could barely even hear this track playing during this boss fight, it just sounded totally silent except for the in game noises

ill compare it to quelaag, which was not even close to my favorite theme in ds1 and it just sounds so much more apparent, like the music is sufficiently loud, but it still fades into the background while you focus on the boss fight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkF8KNkAdTo

i dont get their design with 2, its like they totally dropped the audio philosophy they had with 1
>>
>>378251051
he was
>>
>>378251259
>doesn't even post a link
>>
He made good points that softened my hatred for the game and put the developers in a better light but I still don't like it.
>>
>>378262054
If Miyazaki had said 2 was a good game or hadn't tried to scapegoat an imaginary "B Team" From wouldn't have been able to sell 3 on the hype of "Miyazaki's return".
>>
>>378256864
wtf i hate dark souls 1 now
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.