[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why do people like this guy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

File: daigo.jpg (46KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
daigo.jpg
46KB, 360x360px
>plays a broken character
>zones
>only plays street fighter
>only plays shotos
>is a tier whore

its so funny to see him struggle in SFV because his bullshit play style got nerfed. people like J.WONG, F.CHAMP and ALEX VILLE are much better because they can actually play more then one fighting game and/or character. even his guile sucks ass in SFV because all he wants to do is spam fireballs. but people say its the game and not him because he cant evolve. daigo is washed up has been

if SFV is easier then 4 then shouldnt this be a breeze for him? thats like having a college professor do kindergarden level math. shouldn't it be easier?
>>
>>378250512
dont forget all the cancerous ads he put on this website. fuck him.
>>
>>378250512
This is bait, but I'll bite.
>Broken character
That's funny, because there are no broken characters in SFV right now. The closest ones would be Balrog and Urien. Daigo plays Guile, one of the few characters in the game that requires skill.
>Zones
Zoning takes skill, especially in a game like SFV, where one bad fireball means you lose 50% of your life. If someone plays a purely zoning game in SFV, they deserve massive respect, because it's an uphill battle. This isn't like Injustice 2 where you have easy as fuck braindead zoners. Shit is hard.
>Only plays Street Fighter
09er confirmed. Guess you never saw the old videos of Daigo kicking ass with Sol Badguy?
>Only plays Shotos
Currently plays Guile. Used to play Yun.
>Is a tier whore
If you have a playstyle like Daigo, you have only a few choices in SFV: Ryu, Guile, or possibly FANG. FANG is ass, and Ryu is shit right now, which means the only logical choice is to play Guile. Daigo is out there trying to make money, so who gives a shit if he picks top tiers. If you're trying to make money, and you pick low tiers, you're dumb.

That being said, I hate pro worship. People need to realize that these guys are people, and if you're rooting for them instead of trying to figure out ways to beat them, you're doing it wrong.
>>
File: laugh black woman.jpg (71KB, 640x654px) Image search: [Google]
laugh black woman.jpg
71KB, 640x654px
>>378251585
>Zoning takes skill

yah i guess it takes skill running away and spamming fireballs like crazy and if i jump over them he can quickly anti air. worst part is some characters dont have the tools to beat this. fucking zoning. i cant respect anybody who plays like that. everybody cries about guile spam but its okay when ryu does it.
>>
>assfaggots
>twitch
>ecelebs
>>
File: bobbyseriously.jpg (45KB, 740x721px) Image search: [Google]
bobbyseriously.jpg
45KB, 740x721px
>>378252024
It's ok because it's easy to get around if you aren't braindead. I play Vega, I don't get a fireball, but I don't get them thrown at me much either because they're easy to punish. You jump in on a fireball and you're getting 30% combo meterless and much higher with meter. They only get to anti-air you if they timed it in a way to bait your jump. Don't jump when they set you up to jump, you should block/v-skill/EX through when they expect the anti-air. Once they get carried away, you get a jump-in and they'll never fireball on you again. It's psychological and you obviously aren't thinking about what your opponent is thinkong about.
>>
>>378252024
airdash shitter detected
>>
>>378252024
They cant anti air if you read the fireball.
This is fighting game 101 lmao you must be bad.
>>
>>378250512
>B-but moment #37?
>>
>>378250512
Daigo has been on top in gg 3s and 4 for over a decade. Hes not as good as he used to be but hes still considered a pro after all this time.
16rs i swear.
>>
>>378251585
>People need to realize that these guys are people, and if you're rooting for them instead of trying to figure out ways to beat them, you're doing it wrong.

Read his book anon. He says something exactly like that throughout.
>>
>>378250512
And such a winning personality to boot. Literally a wall.
>>
File: 1373994500491.gif (2MB, 255x164px) Image search: [Google]
1373994500491.gif
2MB, 255x164px
>>378254019
wait a minute.

This mother fucker wrote a book? And you fucking read it??
>>
>>378254251
Got it for free and why not? Could be done in a night.
>>
>>378252024
>Some characters don't have the tools to beat it
>Ryu's parry, tatsu, or EX fireball
>Ken's tatsu, EX air tatsu, or EX fireball
>Chun's slide, EX fireball, or Super
>Cammy's V-Skill, Cannon Strike, EX Cannon Drill, or Super
>Dhalsim's V-Skill, Fireball, Teleport, Slide, or Drill kicks
>Zangief's V-Skill, Headbutt, Lariat, EX Express, V-Trigger, or Neutral Jump Airgrab
>Vega's V-Skill, V-Trigger, Wall jump, or super
>Bison's V-Skill, Head stomp, or Dash
>Nash's V-Skill, EX Fireball, Moonsault, V-Trigger, V-Reversal, or Super
>Mika's Slide, EX Buttslam, or V-Trigger
>Karin's V-Skill,Overhead flip, or EX command dash
>Birdie's chain, jump, EX headbutt, or super
>Rashid's air eagle, ex eagle, V-Trigger, and V-Skill
>Laura's EX command grab, EX elbow, V-Skill, Fireball (Charged or EX), or super (Laura's jump arc is also fucking hard to anti-air, so there's always that)
>Necalli's V-Skill, Disk's guidence, and Super
>Fang's command dash, V-Reversal, EX poison traps, super, or fireballs
>Alex's stomp, suicide dive, jumping headbutt, EX elbow, and V-Trigger parries
>Guile's V-Skill and EX fireball
>Ibuki's kunai and super
>Balrog's v-skill, EX dash punch, turn punch, and super
>Juri's flip, v-skill, and super
>Urien's V-Skill tackle, Knee dive, charged fireball, ex fireball, and V-Trigger
>Akuma's flip, Red fireball, and teleport
>Kolin's command jump, V-Trigger, Super, and V-Skill (At close range)
Pretty sure that's everyone except Ed, who I haven't played as yet, but seems to have a few ways to get around fireballs too.
>>
>>378254413
what do you mean you got it for free?
>>
>>378254019
Didn't read his book. I might give it a shot.
When it comes to fighting games, I think Sirlin's book, and The Footsie Bible should be mandatory reading.
>>
>>378254631
Friend picked up two copies at EVO last year and gave me the one.
>>
File: 1481070957000.png (208KB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1481070957000.png
208KB, 5000x5000px
>/v/ in charge of fighting game knowledge
>>
>>378254686
>sirlin
Ohh anon.
>>
>>378252582
>I play Vega
My nigga! There's only 5 of us, we have to stick together
>>
File: dangerous.png (379KB, 435x741px) Image search: [Google]
dangerous.png
379KB, 435x741px
>>378255243
Our greatest strength is that nobody knows the matchup.
>>
>>378255374
>be Birdie
>mfw CR.mp
I don't need to know shit
>>
>>378255780
>one game
Your lack of transferable skills is why even outside of games you will always be a failure.
>>
>>378255780
If you get good at one fighting game, fundamentals typically transfer, when you've been playing a wide variety for two decades it only takes a couple hours in training to be better than your average player. From there you find competition from that games' dedicated playerbase and learn more subtle aspects.

tl;dr It doesn't take much of your time at all if you pay attention.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.