[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what does /v/ think about Valkyria chronicles?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

what does /v/ think about Valkyria chronicles?
>>
it's dead
>>
Went from slightly underated to massively overated.
>>
>>378250592
how?
>>
Scouts OP
>>
>>378250696
Because it got no attention when it came out despite it being a solid 7 and now people praise it like it is some perfect strategy anime game.
The gameplay is ok but very limited and quite tedious in the later level while the story is just pure shit.
>>
One of the very few games where I immediately upon finishing it, I immediately started another playthrough. The combat system managed to combine a lot of strengths from real-time and turn-based systems and the music was great.
>>
>>378250335

As I gain more distance from this game, I come to hate it more.

>Scouts are overpowered
>Alicia solos the entire game
>Plot is for idiots
>>
File: hunchback of bruhl.png (64KB, 486x564px) Image search: [Google]
hunchback of bruhl.png
64KB, 486x564px
it's extremely mediocre.
it has some neat ideas but they're mostly disregarded in favour of scout rush due to clear turns being the only thing that matters.

I haven't played 2 and 3 yet
>>
pretty good game until you discoved that you can just picks scout and rush to the win
>>
>>378251246
what about tanks and enemies shooting you?
>>
The first game is pretty good but the series progressively worsens the more anime it becomes
>>
>>378250335
It's decent. I like the general gameplay mechanics and the setting, but the balance is poor and the writing is bad.
Try the balance mod for PC if you ever want to replay it.
>>
I died in mission 7, I think, after playing for 30 min and had to start over

Haven't touched it since and don't feel like it
>>
It's great
>>
>>378251468
2 is super anime but 3 and 1 are about the same (both are very cheesy but not literal high school anime cheesy).
3 does have stupid looking swords, but none of the playable characters' main class is swordsman so it's more of a novelty.
>>
>>378251576
you do know you can SAVE mid-missions, don't you?

I learned that only in the very end-game too
>>
>>378251389
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWs_8u2Ls1k

first result.
>>
>>378250335
Great game if you played it early on blindly without people overrating it.

Looking back on it, it was good but not great. I tried to replay it recently and knowing the story just removes the joy for me (as this game is so heavily story driven). The gameplay is too spaced out.

I'd enjoy playing it blindly again though 8f I bought it without knowing too much besides an early gameplay video
>>
>begin the game
>unlock skirmishes
>"scout trial? lets try that"
>overwrite book save.
>notice mission is too hard, dont know how to leave missions
>Panic
>1 hour of trial and error later I beat the mission
>60k exp, 100k money.
I am now overleved but that was stupid and I now know better
>>
>>378252293
What was it?
>>
VC3 is the best game in the series.
>>
>>378252464
there are these missions called scout trial, lancer trial, engineer trial etc. They are probaly not intended for beginners
>>
>>378252763
So, how did you beat it? Did you cheese it?
>>
The combat is SO SLOW. Enemy turns take forever because they dick around. It makes the game unbearable.
>>
>>378250335
It was okay but it's seriously overrated.
>>
The fatal flaw with this game is that the ranking system and its rewards are based on the amount of turns you take.

So unless you watch a Youtube playthrough and copy it exactly, you're going to miss out on royal weapons, money, and unlockables. There's a "correct way" of playing, everything else is wrong
>>
>>378250335
sjw shit
>>
>>378253382
>The combat is SO SLOW. E
nah, you're just ADHD. Something not fitting for strat games.
The enemies are often aggressive as fuck.
>>
>>378253223
I cheesed it because besides 2 enemies the enemies walk in circle.
So I killed the 2 enemies asap and then spent some turn calling backup and saving up cp.
Set up 2 of those machine gun soldiers near that bosdsoldier and played a game of bait.
Used 1 soldier to headshot him some times to make him look at that soldier so the soldier from behind can headshot him
>>
>>378253861
They waste turns moving back and forth for seemingly no reason. The AI is dumb as hell.
>>
it's a good game with great potential, yet it's creators actively go their way to not make it better.
>>
>>378254096
In what ways?
>>
>>378250897
The story starts alright, and the setting neat.

But they couldn't resist adding anime tiddies with medieval lasers to take any realism or tension out.

Then, of course, they try to force some drama by killing the little sister... seriously, why the fuck did she get out of the tank? It was still an active combat zone, there was no reason for that retarded Darcsen to get out of the tank, except to get sniped to try to force the story to have emotion.

... I'm also mildly salty that the Darcsen were originally going to be kemonomimi, and they decided against that, but kept the anime tiddy lasers.
>>
>>378250335
>Europa Edition
What does it mean?
>>
>>378255871
its a special edition exclusive to europe. And the game takes place in an alternative europe
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.