[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pinabal Crafting Ideas Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: GhostBusters.jpg (37KB, 347x500px) Image search: [Google]
GhostBusters.jpg
37KB, 347x500px
Sup /v/, I'm going to craft a Dark Souls themed pinball machine.

Help me out with mechanics and ideias you would like to see on such a machine.

Ideas I have

>hit estus switch: multiballs
>7 levels: gargoyles, queelag, 4 lords, gwin
>extra artorias level
>game consists of hitting vynil 3d printed boss statues that circle in an arc motion near the top of the table
>you obviously won't hit the vinyl figurines, but light spots that correspond to the boss "location"
>hitting certain spots may cause a "YOU DIED" "tilt" that locks your movements
>maybe a bonfire figurine that does something I don't thought of yet

So what you guys think?
>>
File: 1495084288580.jpg (13KB, 200x259px) Image search: [Google]
1495084288580.jpg
13KB, 200x259px
Looks cool

Gonna use an arduino?
>>
Also, see potential here. Have a bump
>>
I'm actually curious what the cheapest possible build for a fairly accurate pinball machine via screen would be. I have at least 200 virtual tables already and I think I'm ready to put together the costs. I think......help me
>>
>>378250134
Just posted my last sentence

The rest of the post was

>how are you going to get art to put on the table? Are you an art fag?
>>
>>378250183
>Pinball frame from busted table: Free-$100 depending on location
>40" 1080p flatscreen LCD TV: $200-300
>Mid range pc: $300-400
>15" top glass monitor/TV: $80-100
>>
>>378249570
There should be a way to un-lose a ball after you launch a new one, to mimic getting your souls back. Require the player to perform a specific task within maybe six seconds of launching. You could have enemy-specific mechanics during given levels too, like if you rack up multipliers or go through the same ramp too fast during The Depths, a slime "drops on you" and you lose control of either the right or left flippers, requiring you to mash the button to free them up again.
>>
Bompe
>>
>>378250581
I fucking love these ideas. Got any others?

>lock the ball
>releases a new ball
>if you hit a boss tile within certain time, gets the ball back
>maybe pop Solaire out when this happens and give you a third ball, or a score multiplier
>>
>>378249570
Make sure the ball has a knight painted on it to make it really seem like you're really playing dark souls, rolling around the entire level
>>
If you could have someway to have challenges to create a class maybe? Have certain targets, and if you hit say 2h weapons and medium armor you get a barbarian or something?
>>
>>378252121
I guess that would be over the top.

Maybe focusing on most iconic elements the game will be cooler
>>
We will never experience again the day of when arcades were a big thing with cabinets, pinballs, ...

We can only hope for a hypothetical revival like a lot of things tend to have.
>>
>>378249570
>Dark Souls themed
I think Reddit is the better place to ask for ideas regarding a shitty """hardcore""" meme game like that
>>
>>378252680
Yeah just hide it and go on living my man
>>
File: XDDDD.png (13KB, 528x404px) Image search: [Google]
XDDDD.png
13KB, 528x404px
pretty cool idea OP, you a big pinball fan?
>>
>>378253159
Played a fucking lot when younger, want to have a table on my battlestation, a custom one based around one of my favorite games would be fucking amazing.

Wish there were more pinballs around where I live.
>>
>>378252876
no bithc, you have to conform to every /v/ trope if you ever want to post, or look at anything on this board.

Change that pinball table to a Rondo Duo one immediately or i'm gonna meme on you
>>
>>378253610
Just wanna play some custom dark souls pinball my dude please no pepes
>>
>>378253797
I thought I lathered enough sarcasm on there but I guess not
>>
>>378254007
You did. please give me some pepes
>>
>>378252586
If Vinyl and CRT are making a comeback, I don't see why Pinball can't.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.