[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is calling this game good just a meme? Everytime I try to get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: download.jpg (10KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 299x168px
Is calling this game good just a meme? Everytime I try to get into it I just get so bored. All you do is play the same level and memorize ai patterns, yawn.

I'm not even trolling, I seriously don't get why people like this game. I'd rate it about on par with Mass Effect Andromeda, not buggy and stuff, but just an average game.
>>
>>378246902
>All you do is play the same level

Wait, you can't get past the first zone?
>>
>>378247125

you can and then it's rinse and repeat. The game is Trial and Error, [The Game]. You beat one level, then you trial and error that new level and go on. same with bosses
>>
>>378246902
It's a subpar souls game but still better than most games out there in terms of atmosphere and design. 7.5/10
>>
File: 1487020679317.jpg (53KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1487020679317.jpg
53KB, 625x626px
>>378247278
>the game is trail and error
>>
>and rate it on par with mass effect andromeda
You had me going till then, 8/10 bait thread
>>
came here just to see 10 days pasta
>>
>>378247278
>The game is Trial and Error, [The Game]. You beat one level, then you trial and error that new level and go on.
So every single player game ever?
>>
>I dont like game
>Tell me why people like game
Because fucking opinions, what are you, 12?
>>
>>378247883

False, take a sports game like Madden for example, there is no trial and error. Or a shooter, or an rpg. This game literally is ONLY about Ai pattern memorization
>>
>>378247278
>You beat one level, then you trial and error that new level and go on. same with bosses

yes, that's how most video games work.
it's not like you have to enjoy it, OP
but how about being more concrete
>>
File: Super_Mario_Bros._(NA).png (2MB, 1535x2100px) Image search: [Google]
Super_Mario_Bros._(NA).png
2MB, 1535x2100px
Is calling this game good just a meme? Everytime I try to get into it I just get so bored. All you do is play the same level and memorize ai patterns, yawn.

I'm not even trolling, I seriously don't get why people like this game. I'd rate it about on par with Mass Effect Andromeda, not buggy and stuff, but just an average game.
>>
bait
>>
>>378248384
>This game literally is ONLY about Ai pattern memorization
Yes because positioning, stamina usage, i-frame usage or the fact that you often have to know the attack from 0.5 seconds of patterns in order to dodge it properly

I can boil down all the genres you mentioned into stupid bullshit but all we would be doing is being retards together.
>>
>>378248613

The .5 seconds doesn't matter because you become ingrained with the microanimations.

Again, its Trial and Error [The Game]. You can't beat one of these games without dying several times. You CAN beat many games without dying.

The reason why you die is simply because you need to memorize these micro animations, nothing more.
>>
>>378248817
>You can't beat one of these games without dying several times.
Not on your first run, sure.
I don't see how that makes it a bad game though.
>The reason why you die is simply because you need to memorize these micro animations, nothing more.
Or because of human errors or because of build being a disadvantage, poor positioning or simple stupidity
Its like you're blaming the game for everything when you just forgot to have fun.
>>
>>378248817
>>378248817
>>>378248613
>You can't beat one of these games without dying several times. You CAN beat many games without dying.
>I suck ass, that means everyone is as bad as me
>>
Memorizing pattern is literally the last thing on BB, and works only when you want to parry or on some harder boss.
Most important things you have to learn and master are positioning, weapon range, stamina usage and so on.

Im just waiting for the 10 days pasta anyway.
>>
>>378249005

>>I don't see how it makes it a bad game though
Because it really has nothing to do with a talent of skills. It's not like they go "Here are these dodges, attacks, etc" and you really have a good chance to win without having to rely on repetition.

False, it's very reliant on repetition. There are many games where this is not the case, and those are good games.
>>
>>378249130

see
>>378249434
>>
>>378249434
You're boiling BB and at the same time Souls into its extreme core mechanics and then claiming that they have absolute zero value beyond those basic mechanics
Because visuals, level and world design, lore, atmosphere and even music don't hold any weight at all.
Not to mention your argument is stupid to begin with. Something being simple isn't a flaw in itself, Souls has garnered 5 games with the same basic concept but they still have loads of differences and they have pushed the boss fights especially into very different things from where they began.

>is liking this game just a meme
Are you literally fucking 12
If you didn't like it, whoopdiedoo good for you.
>>
>>378248384
I love playing Madden, but if you're implying that opposing defenses or offenses have any variety to them in franchise mode, you're lying. The CPU plays the same way in every game.
>>
>>378249763

Its not an extreme core mechanic, it is THE core mechanic. Even a pro could not play BB without dying once unless he saw videos in advance of the ais patterns.

Good games don't require this. They have skill gaps but you should be able to complete a game with reasonable effort, and if the game is hard let it be hard because of something that makes sense.

The game hardly offers good lore or writing. Barely cinematics. Its almost all combat or crafting focus with very little added else
>>
>>378250043
>THE core mechanic
Dodging and poking is the core mechanic yes but you're still ignoring all the weapons, bosses and the combat being fun in general.
Your entire argument to the games quality is the fact that sometimes yes, it has trial and error gameplay. If you're that sensitive that a few deaths sprinkled in are such a huge problem that you ignore any and all good parts about the game, have fun being a nitpicky cunt I guess.

>Good games don't require this
Name 10.
>>
>>378250043
>>378250417
>no reply
Come on anon, show us your superior taste and intellect
>>
>>378247338
>subpar
in what way? its way better than 2 and 3.
>>
>>378250417

1) Persona 5: I can play this without dying, being taught the normal game mechanics from the start, I don't need to memorize any AI patterns because they give reasonable time for you to develop an understanding of certain attacks, weaknesses, etc.

2) Pokemon: Again, you don't need to see a white screen if you understand the game mechanics as taught to you from the start. There might be a pokemon that has a certain attack but you can reasonably learn over time. Challenge makes total sense and is not trial and error.

3) GTA V

4) Sleeping dogs

5) Bioshock

6) Dishonored

7) Skyrim

8) Oblivion

9) Most sports games

10) Pokemon Snap

Literally, in all of these games you dont need to Game Over to keep winning. Some are harder than others but it is very plausible to beat all of these without losing on a first playthrough if you try hard. The same can NOT be said for B
>>
>>378246902
It's an extremely overrated game by most retards here because of it being a Sony exclusive. It's about as fun as every other Souls games. The only real thing that sets it apart is that it's more or less a self-contained game (though that might change if they decide to release a sequel). The DLC is pretty good if only because it has 2 incredible bosses but the overall game is a 8/10 which is about the same as most of the Souls games.
>>
>>378251201
>Literally, in all of these games you dont need to Game Over to keep winning.
>The same can NOT be said for B
But you're still ignoring the actual gameplay. You're handwaving everything under the blanket of "its trial and error sometimes so that means its inherently shitty everytime"

If you were good at the game you would have a very good chance of clearing a large majority of the game without dying. The game allows and even sometimes encourages staying back and learning movesets before engaging. Its been a tactic since Demons Souls that many people use to play the games even now.

You're ignoring what the actual gameplay feels like, if its satisfying or not, if its animated well, if it has good enemies or good enemy variety, if it has a wealth of replayability and so on and so on.

Your entire fucking argument is that a slight hint of trial and error is something that automatically makes the game shit.
And yeah, if that really is your view then have fun being a nitpicky cunt like I said.

Also, Skyrim especially is fucking filled with trial and error. A lot of the explorable caves and even the main quest have some absolute juggernaut enemies that can either one or two shot you on the medium difficulties.
>>
>>378251201
>>378251863
Also
>good games
>Pokemon
>GTA V
>Skyrim
>Oblivion
>sports games
>pokemon again
>>
>>378251863

Its not just a hint of Trial and Error. It IS Trial and Error [The Game]. You can realistically beat Skyrim on a first play through without dying. There are also many ways to approach enemies. There's more to a quest in skyrim than just memorizing AI patterns.
>>
>>378253570
>There are also many ways to approach enemies
And such is the case for Bloodborne as well.
Seriously, if you wanted to do a no death run on your first playtrough, you could make it happen. It would be boring as fuck but it is no doubt doable.
>>
>>378253570
Yeah in Skyrim you don't have to memorize any AI patterns you just click until it dies, much better game
>>
>>378254087

No, you couldn't. Not without extensively researching boss fights in advance. It will certainly not be nearly the same extent as the other games listed. The game REQUIRES you to learn animations. Each level is just a new atmosphere with enemies with different animations.
>>
>>378254143

You still need to shield bash. You can opt for stealth strategies. Use poison, or magic in one hand and a stunning blade in the other, while having an enchanted armor piece which you crafted, after spending time mining and trading. You could also incorporate dragon shouts to your battles.

And the difficulty is sufficient, it certainly can challenge you but it presents all the necessary tools. Games like BB are not that way. You MUST die and repeat, unless you research in advance
>>
>>378246902
Calling any game good is a meme.
>>
>>378246902
>play the same level and memorize ai patterns, yawn

All you do is press buttons yawn

Stop playing games anytime you jaded fuckwit
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.