[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Half Life is underrated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: blackmesa.jpg (86KB, 500x743px) Image search: [Google]
blackmesa.jpg
86KB, 500x743px
Ok i found this on YouTube (Yes, i know his voice is annoying but he's got a point)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpCv12q6fFI

Thought about it, and went and played the original game and it's expansions. Then i played Half Life 2 again after not playing for a couple of years and was completely amazed to find the guy on the video DOES have a point. I was completely bored at their constant retconin of the first game. But even worse it's the fact that the whole game feels like it's constantly fighting itself in it's core level design.

One moment the game is like Half Life 1, and the next one is shoving is pedantic 1984 story down your throat like it's so original or new. Also they reduced your movement speed and the enemy variety is simply downgraded.

And the whole Gordon "Jesus" Freeman they give from the beginning, even though you haven't done anything yet that deserves any praise. In change, in the first game a felt like John McClain in Die Hard, always about to die but moving fast with precision. I know it's because of the GoldSource engine coming from Quake, but that also made think they didn't need to make the whole physics gimmick on HL2 and it's episodes. They should have made an adventure like the first game and make the physics engine enhance the journey.

What do you guys think?
>>
>Half Life
It's *Half-Life. Only casuals refer to it by that other name. And, yes, HL1 is unquestionably the better game.
>>
File: 20170522192453_1.jpg (326KB, 1920x1080px)
20170522192453_1.jpg
326KB, 1920x1080px
Goldsrc > Source is why HL1 kicks HL2s ass
>>
I knew what shitty video it was before i clicked on it

Someone that wasn't alive during Half Life doesn't deserve a opinion on it
>>
>>378238218
That's bullshit, just because they can observe it objectively and criticize it doesn't mean they shouldn't.
>>
I'm not watch your video OP, it's shitty, make another.
>>
File: weaponized autism.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
weaponized autism.webm
3MB, 640x360px
Gold Source Best Source
>>
File: 1472431031010.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1472431031010.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
>>378236823
My bad, i saw the grammar error after i posted it. Wanted to kill myself so bad anon.
>>378238730
I'm not the guy on the video, you moron.

I just stumbled upon it while searching for an actual video on YouTube that said something bad about MUH GOD-LIFE 2!. To my surprise i only found that one, and this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx4qXl8kPBI
And even the second video made me cringe at the beginning with the:
>Half-Life 2 made get into shooters

Not to say the absurd amount of circlejerking that the sequel has on YT. Almost nobody talks shit about the fucking game, they all just bent over and suck it's dick without ever actually wondering how good were previous shooter or the first Half-Life.
>>
hl2 is shit now because valve keeps fucking it up. it used to be kind of fun because you could abuse the engine and go really fast with sprinting and bunny hopping but they crippled it because they don't want you having fun in a single player game. it's still kind of possible to do those things but you have to do really weird shit like backwards bunny hopping.
>>
>>378239930
Sure dude whatever you wanna believe
>>
>>378236192
Dude you already got BTFO in the comments. Stop posting your shitty video.
>>
>>378239842
is this sven coop?
>>
>>378241460
Yes
>>
File: 1472497000548.jpg (30KB, 321x320px) Image search: [Google]
1472497000548.jpg
30KB, 321x320px
>>378241449
Holy shit anon, i cannot put a fucking video without being accused of baiting or forcing something. I hate the fucking guy, i think he's a fuckin libtard since i saw other of his videos because i was curious.

I just wanted to know how many anons thought the same of the game. And like i said, YT is a giant circle-jerk for Half-Life 2. Fuck know i understand oldfaqs.
>>
>>378236192
I was ready to shit all over you after reading that thread title but if it's within the confines of it's own series then I can agree. I'm not watching that video though.
The only good thing about HL2 was how the physics made the shooting more fun.
>>378237916
also this
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.