[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the point of these? The only thing they do is reveal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: botw.jpg (65KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
botw.jpg
65KB, 620x349px
What was the point of these? The only thing they do is reveal the map. At least other games that pull the tower shit, have stuff to offer.

The ones in Breath of the Wild are just plain useless. Not even Watch Dogs 2, a Ubisoft game, bothered with this tower mechanic.
>>
Why the hell would you want them to do anything other than reveal the map
>>
>>378231302
I don't know. Give them some purpose or don't bother at all.
>>
>>378231302
This. Do you want them to show all the collectibles as well?

If you find that they're useless just don't climb them, they're perfectly avoidable
>>
>>378231186
They are pretty useful fast travel points. Some of them even have treasures or people on top of them.
>>
>>378231391
Revealing the map is a purpose, nigger. They also serve as fast travel points and landmarks
>>
>>378231186
Because you can warp to them and fly to places. With the paraglider, being up high is always useful.
>>
>>378231186
>What was the point of these? The only thing they do is reveal the map
actually more useful than that and giving you a fast travel point, they give you a birds eye view of the land, which is a necessity in this game.
I think they did the tower trope well..
>>
>>378231186
Their purpose besides revealing the map was to provide a lookout point for you to mark shrines or other landmarks where something of interest might be. Scouting shit from high points without a bunch of objective markers being thrown at you is kind of the game's thing.
>>
>>378231186
>he doesnt see the advantage of revealing the map and getting a look at the landscape from a good vantage point
>in a game about exploration
>>
>"WAAAHHH stupid Ubisoft towers in my Nintendo game!"
>they're not even necessary to activate
>"WAAAHHH there are too many Koroks to look for!"
>you don't even need to find them all to get all the upgrades
>"WAAAHHH you can just speedrun to the final boss and kill him!"
>literally any other game /v/ would complain about side quests and shit "padding" the game

It's funny how BotW is pretty much everything /v/ wants when complaining about other sandbox games, but we gotta cry about SOMETHING even if it's just to be contrarian, right?
>>
>>378231186
By the way, you are a very spoiled player.
Not everything needs to give you a prize in a game. Exploration is the prize. This is true not only for Botw but also for most good classic video games.
Only modern games (especially western ones) do the huge mistake of giving instant and easy gratification to the players, basically spoiling them.
>>
>>378231186
>At least other games that pull the tower shit, have stuff to offer.

Like what?
>>
>>378231186
Never design video games
>>
>>378231967
>Their purpose besides revealing the map was to provide a lookout point for you to mark shrines or other landmarks where something of interest might be.

this

I mean fuck, all throughout the game, the NPCs keep telling you to climb to high places to look around

that's exactly what the towers are for
>>
>>378231186
The purpose was even given to you within the first hour or so.

It's easier to see things from a higher view point. This is useful because they don't straight up give you where everything is. You have to use your eyes.

You sure you played this game?
>>
>>378231391
You can jump from them and go anywhere you want while flying. These towers were very useful.
>>
File: 1390687677079.jpg (10KB, 243x200px)
1390687677079.jpg
10KB, 243x200px
>Talking bad about a Zelda game
>>
>>378231186
other than map
>fast travel
>excellent points for looking around
>makes use gliding from locations
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.