[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has any game ever attempted the classic premise of a mystery

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: DA2LK01UQAIBg5O.jpg (100KB, 660x768px) Image search: [Google]
DA2LK01UQAIBg5O.jpg
100KB, 660x768px
Has any game ever attempted the classic premise of a mystery set entirely on a train? Or even a spooky story. I guess it would make a pretty short and confined game but I think it could still be good.
>>
>>378227727
The Polar Express
>>
>>378227727
Tha'ts got to be a hammer movie considering both Dracula and Van Helsing are there.
>>
This is a damn good question, OP.

I don't know but I'm going to spend at least the next five minutes trying to find out.
>>
File: review_HorrorExpress.jpg (11KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
review_HorrorExpress.jpg
11KB, 800x450px
>>378229020
nope no Hammer, it's a Spanish- British co-production
>>
>>378229640
>>378227727

Okay here's what we got:

The Last Express is probably closest to what you describe as far as I can tell.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Express

It's an adventure game from the late 90s that was a massive flop, but apparently well praised by critics.

Aside from that there's a few games with levels set as train mysteries, such as Paper Mario the thousand year door, and also one of the Layton games.

Largely that appears to be it though.
>>
>>378229937
oh fuck I played Last Express but gave up when I hit the usual adventure game 'what the fuck do I do' wall.
>>
Was one of the parts of one of the shadow hearts games a train mystery?
>>
>>378227727

Not really what you are after but there was an RE clone that was 95% set on a train called Chase the Express. It's an RE clone only in that it's third person from fixed viewpoints, not that you are fighting monsters or something. The villains are just terrorists who hijacked the train. At the time it might have been considered decent but it really hasn't stood the test of time.
>>
i'm making one but it's a visual novel lel
>>
>>378232364
mite b cool
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.