[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ARMS test fire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (284KB, 1200x975px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
284KB, 1200x975px
ARMS test fire thread

What are your thoughts and feelings bout this game? What control scheme is the best? Who are you maining?

Also post your rank
>>
>>378222747
SPRING MAN IS GOOD I SWEAR
>>
>>378223023
Nah anon he isn't. He gets wrecked whenever I see him. It's kind of sad really
>>
File: DATPQSEXYAARyaq.jpg large.jpg (179KB, 1152x1543px) Image search: [Google]
DATPQSEXYAARyaq.jpg large.jpg
179KB, 1152x1543px
>>378222747

Whatever the highest rank posted in this thread is, I'm one rank higher than that one.
>>
>>378223256
He's good in competent hands mainly due to how his special ability works. Permanent charge at low health is pretty devastating if you're skilled enough to utilize it.
>>
>>378223256
I'm pretty average at spring man, and I manage to get 8 wins out of 13 matches. He's not that bad
>>
Its fun, but I definitely wont be spending much time in Party Mode, I'm not sure if friend lobbies exist but if they do I hope you can set up what modes get shuffled around. Otherwise I'll be focused on ranked and other single player modes.

1v1s are good. Tags are wierd, dont like being tethered. FFAs were annoying until I figures out how to switch targets. Still encourages turtling fucks. Wont be a problem with friends, at least. V-Ball is fun.
Pro Controller is the method of choice for me. Motion worked fine, but Pro just feels more secure in everything. Punching takes some getting used to, but afterward I really liked them, felt very smooth and fun to play. Motion feels awkward after, I suspect it might be more suited for novices since my daughter couldn't get into sticks and switched back to motion and played fine with those. I couldnt go back, far as I know this is the way to play, dont know how preview people could get it so twisted.
I'm maining Helix, he's fun to manuever around and tricks people up. The arms he has apre pretty slow, I could not keep up with Ribbon Girl players. I'll be switching between him and Twintelle for sure.

I dont know shit about rank, I think I did pretty good, got 70 points in a room this morning before dropping out.
>>
for those who played with non-move controls, how do you arch your punches?
>>
>>378223479
But he is so squishy and this game is very fast paced against a good player. The charge will not last long
>>
It's for a couple minutes, after that it gets kinda boring. Probably wont pick it up since I'll just be playing on and off for like 25 minutes a day.
>>
>>378224151
Hmm for me it's the opposite. I take some time to really get into the game. For the first test punch I had no idea why people see in this game but the second one made me really enjoy it
>>
>>378223479
He has a second ability dipshit, a parry.
>>
>>378223571
Left stick, same as you use to move. I think, I didnt touch the right stick thats for sure. I felt I had a lot more control with it, but I dont remember how it handled if you threw out 2 punches in quick succession. With that, I see motion having an advantage but I rarely lost a match save the occasional Ribbon Girl and bad team matchup, so it must have been fine.
>>
>Handheld mode was fun
>tabletop mode with motion controls was fun
>wanted to main Mechanica for months and she hasn't let me down
Looks like I'm in. I hope basketball is more fun and less shallow than Volley.
>>
>>378224252
No one knows how to use abilities like that. Thats why Ninjara is bottom tier for so many, they flubbed after failing to understand the disappearing mechanic.
>>
File: 1431981184262.png (509KB, 970x720px) Image search: [Google]
1431981184262.png
509KB, 970x720px
There is literally no reason to use the joy-cons.
Maybe joy-cons are better in the long run but right now the pro controller feels so much better.
>>
>>378224428
Volley is fun as fuck though, what's wrong with it?
>>
>>378222747
Every preview was all over how great the motion controls were, but they were ridiculously obtuse for me.
>>
>>378224552
They both feel viable right now. Hopefully people buying the full game give motion a fair shot in training, it feels nice to not have to click buttons and sticks constantly.
>>
>>378224629
It was really easy to spike with hammer and win every time. I'm willing to believe there's more to it.
>>
>>378224640
What? I do much better with motion than normal controls. Maybe you aren't used to them?

Remember: No large movements
>>
>>378224853
>he plays with scrubs
Spikes are okay to manage if your reactions are fast and you position yourself well. I'm happy whenever I see spike spammers because I know they're fucking shit and just like spamming what they think is an insta-win move
>>
>>378224640
Tbf, they never had access to standard controls. I think motion works good, but standard for me (used the grip) was just a lot better with moving and dodging and jumping. I think punching might take a hit in favor of motion but I did pretty good today so I wont complain until I'm consistently wrecked by motion users.
>>
File: arms-mechanica-847x1024.jpg (121KB, 847x1024px) Image search: [Google]
arms-mechanica-847x1024.jpg
121KB, 847x1024px
>SUCK MY D!

what did she mean by this?
>>
>>378225146
No they did have access to normal contorts, all of them mention it

Maybe it's because they had more time with it?
>>
>>378225004
I fully admit I was being a spike shitter during an hour of playtime with volley. No one had an answer to it.
>>
>>378225310
Yeah, very few know how to answer it. But once you see a hammer you should know how to position yourself because they will spike every single fucking time
>>
I didnt see many Mechanicas in my lobbies, it was a ton more Ribbon Girls. Is she top tier, /v/?
>>
>>378225658
Yes. Her jump is great, and no one knows how to counter her yet
>>
File: 46.jpg (123KB, 824x1056px) Image search: [Google]
46.jpg
123KB, 824x1056px
It's time.
>>
>Have to wave my hands like a fucking idiot to move

Fuck this shit.
>>
I have yet to play this. Soon my boyz
>>
>>378226304
Use grip/pro controller. I had a 180 about how I felt after switching playstyles.
>>
>>378226304
no you dont. Act your hands are handcuffed when you're doing motion. Or like you have two invisible flight sticks.
>>
>>378226304
>wave
Nigga wtf are you doing. Tilt nigga don't wave
>>
>>378226304
Legit autism.
>>
Test fire? You mean test punch??
>>
File: DA2Nf64UQAA53Mi.jpg (96KB, 714x800px) Image search: [Google]
DA2Nf64UQAA53Mi.jpg
96KB, 714x800px
>>
>>378226304
>I'm self conscious about playing video games in my own home!
>>
>>378227415
Damn it slipped my mind

Whatever test punch sounds retarded
>>
>>378222747
>>Have to wave my hands

No you don't. In fact, you shouldn't.
>>
>>378226304
Jesus dude it's not like anyone's watching.
>>
>>378226279
spot the minimnfag
move the noodle slurping gook down to brain dead tier and bump up mummy
>>
>>378224151
fuck off and stop posting this in every fucking thread
>>
>>378222747
It's okay
>>
Is it online yet?
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.