[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Surge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 17

File: the-surge-trophy-list.jpg (96KB, 879x502px) Image search: [Google]
the-surge-trophy-list.jpg
96KB, 879x502px
Surge Thread
I'm only doing this to show that anon from a few days ago how to get up to the area above the Black Cerberus' area
>>
Start off going through the security door in his room after you beat him
>>
>>378220216
First room has these racks on the right hand side, with a damaged railing
>>
>>378220291
Jump over them, there's a new area over here. Just follow it around to get to the platform over the boss, plus it unlocks that one exo-lift that was in the vent on the way to the boss room
>>
>>378220431
And then you can claim your prize of an item you probably already have five of. There's a couple of other purples and an audiolog in the area too, but nothing important.
>>
The game has some fairly good secrets for how cheap and uninteresting it plays.
>>
>>378221523
Nothing amazing, there's no hidden bosses or anything like that. The best one is probably the special way of killing the BC boss that unlocks all his armor.
>>
How do I get past the robot dogs when using a Heavy Duty weapon? It attacks way too slow and does way too little damage with no stumble on them.
>>
Rip in piss, cheapo cyber souls
>>
>>378223736
If you're in NG you can block/parry their tail attacks for some easy followups. Doesn't work so well in NG+ because of the huge stamina drain on block, so then you have to rely more on sprint/slide attacks
>>
File: Untitled.png (167KB, 1900x258px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
167KB, 1900x258px
To that one anon that said I wouldn't buy this if I liked it after pirating, just so you know I keep my word.

Funny how if this used DENUVO I wouldn't have bothered with it.
>>
>>378223970
How far into it did you get before deciding on a buy?
>>
What's the lore reason for the MC getting revived after every death?
>>
File: 1488147128343.jpg (137KB, 733x850px) Image search: [Google]
1488147128343.jpg
137KB, 733x850px
>got black cerberus set
>IT'S SHIT compared to simple guard set
>>
>>378220153
The guy who designed the last boss fight should be shot and burned
>>
>>378224131
The biolabs, right after killing the big ass drone boss. Told the anon I'd try it for five hours, but when my save file said 7 hours played and I still wanted more I uninstalled the pirated version and bought it legit.
>>
>>378224324
What's up with it? I didn't have too much trouble but I was probably pretty overgeared for it. The crystalline masses still fucked me over a couple of times beforehand though.
>>
>>378224498
Not him but Rogue Process and Black Cerberus are the worst of the bosses. They show how poorly made the combat system is.
It boils down to
>Dodge
>Wait for the long combo to be over
>Dodge attack
>Dodge away (Blocking is pointless)
>Repeat until victory
>>
>>378225016
Forgot to mention
>No cancel
It wouldn't be so bad if the game didn't lock you into combos
>>
>>378223746
fuck off fromshill
>>
>>378223828
So basically I'm fucked if I like the big ass hammer I got from that unique dude down in the dark tunnels in the first area?
>>
>>378225016
But you can parry block some of their moves. BC is also pretty vulnerable to getting staggered through combos.
>>
>>378225295
Spam the dash attack, make sure you dodge to avoid the leap. Aim for the tail or a leg to do a little extra damage.
>>
>>378220153
>>378220216
>>378220291
>>378220431
>>378220528
I'm the guy that was having issues with it.
Thanks brody!

I actually had already gotten it a day or two ago.
I emailed the devs lolol
>>
>>378225295
Concussive drone.

You can get it right away
>>
>>378225016
>not staggering every humanoid
>not using your drone
>not using perfect block and "parry"

Its funny how the combat is only gay if you dont use your tools. Knocking black cerberus around with concussive was gr8 since hes a lil bitch
>>
>>378226670
I agree, but it is annoying that it's sometimes hard to tell what moves are blockable without having to get twatted by them.
>>
>>378226886
But thats how parry in das worked?

You try and parry until you get timing or learn you cant. Or get a guide

Also its pretty easy to tell if you can hop of duck an attack after seeing it once or twice. Its very apparent.

Perfect blocks are fucking garbo though
>>
>>378227135
Parrying sure, but not so much blocking. But a lot of the time just being able to hop/duck an attack doesn't mean it is/isn't blockable. Like the hammer guys who have that speedy knockup/slam move that does something like 90% of your health as soon as you get to the second area.

Also, did you ever use the duck/jump moves on normal human enemies? I tried it out on the Rhino butterfly users a couple of times but it seemed like half the time the counter attack would get me hit by their blades anyway.
>>
>>378220153
good on ya op, thanks for sharing
>>
>>378227690
>But a lot of the time just being able to hop/duck an attack doesn't mean it is/isn't blockable

The point of the hop/duck is to still be able to fight against unblocklables. With all 3 nearly every enemy should be manage-able even in tight spaces without moving much at all.

Only heavy enemies or bots seem to have jump/duck moves. Makes sense though as heavy means more is unblockable.

I'm not that good unfortunately but have been able to pull off some sweet moves occasionally if its a weapon/enemy I know how to deal with.
>>
It takes 2 to make it out of sight
>>
>>378229847
2 what?
>>
>>378220153
So what's your opinion? I'm in the area after the first boss and getting further is kind of tedious with the tanky enemies.
The combat system is fun though.
>>
>>378230556
If you're thinking of refunding it, do it.
What you see is what you get, it doesn't get better. If you like it now you should like it to the end.
>>
>>378230556
I got frustrated a fair bit because it seems like any time you move on to a new area the next enemies you fight has some silly bullshit that's going to ruin your day and because of the amount of damage enemies do figuring out their attacks and counters is usually more lethal than other games.

However, once you get used to enemies then things do get pretty fun, except for fucking crystalline masses in the final area.
>>
>>378230556
>tanky
I never felt that way unless it was cerberus guards at the end of the game.

upgrade your weapon with the current mats for that area and attack unarmored parts to speed up the gameflow

Also where you are is probably the largest area in the game and has tons of shortcuts to get to each region of the meterial depot/converyors/recycling/wast containment/toxic refinery/ventilation. Only problem is each area uses service shafts which youve probably already seen. When youre in the walls of the factory it looks the same,.
>>
>>378228247
Which is great, except I can think of at least two pretty common unblockables that the jump/duck doesn't do shit for.

The three legged bots' leap attack (may be possible to duck with VERY precise distancing, but they can pull the move out at point blank range if they want) and the hammer guys knockup combo. Also it's weird that the Guard's leaping smash is blockable but only if you block the first hit separately.
>>
>>378231059
Yeah the dog bots are pretty awful without just spamming slide, but I have been able to slide under their lunge before so thats sweet.

Didnt know that about the guards, so thats helpful. The hammer guys yeah that move doesnt seem to have an answer except the fact its so damn slow of a windup you can just take a step back.

I hope they dont give up on games, theres some fun in this one just needs a new coat of paint and some more time in the oven
>>
>>378231448
I just find it odd that the hammer guys at the start have a lot of unblockables, but most of the MG Cerberus dudes attacks ARE blockable. You'd think it'd be the other way around.
>>
>>378231568
Yeah that is really odd.

Maybe to force players to get use to dashing early on so they wouldnt get comfy with parry and block because the first area can easily make you feel that way
>>
>>378220528
>another Vital Boost v.5
Jesus Christ the devs really love that shit. I'm pretty certain you can find 10 of them per playthrough or something.
>>
>>378232232
You can find 6 or 7.

18 heals is the same as das1 with 20 estus though.
I usually went with 9 since other implants are way better than useless extra heals
>>
>>378232438
I thought Vital Boosts give you more HP? It's been a week since I last played and I've honestly forgotten most of the details of the game.
>>
>>378232540
Oh shit I'm retarded.

Your'e right. At around lvl100 each one gives you a whole bar of HP. Not sure how many you can get but I imagine its so you only have purples by the end of ng+++ and scrap all the lower mks
>>
>>378232438
>>378232540
Vital boosts are extra HP, but there's also a v5 of the health injections in that same area too.

I thought that NG+ would have added new versions or different pickups or something but nope.
>>
>>378232695
I had fucking full purples by the end of my first playthrough, the game throws the fucking things at you.
But they don't have purples for every implant type which feels lazy.
>>
>>378232746
>I thought that NG+ would have added new versions or different pickups or something but nope.
Is it really confirmed that NG+ and ++ don't have anything extra aside from those enemies with random parts on them? That's a let down, I was honestly thinking of getting back into the game if there's anything to discover. I'm in NG+ and just arrived at Nucleus, haven't seen anything new so far but I haven't particularly been looking either.
>>
>>378232895
Well I'm at the elevator to the Nucleus in my NG+ playthrough and can't remember finding anything other than those 5-6 new enemies hanging around.
>>
>>378232895
>haven't seen anything new so far but I haven't particularly been looking either.

This is the problem. Without the spergs that fill wikis well never know since we just play games mostly.

I feel like there should be more to find, and the devs said there are some super hidden secrets in NG+ and beyond but fuck man.

Shold have gone all in and made each playthrough very different to make people want to explore.
>>
Compared to Lords of The Fallen which was kinda of a mess, how worth is this?
>>
>>378233074
I wouldn't mind being an absolute autist looking in every nook and cranny if there really is something to find. Unfortunately, I just don't think it's anything game-changing or even that worth it. They kinda promised the same in LotF and all it had were some new audiologs that barely added shit to the story.

>>378233149
It's definitely better than LotF gameplay-wise but it's about the same in content. There's an alright gameplay in there to play but there's just not a lot to play.
>>
>>378233149
I bought lotf because denuvo and it was so bad I refused to buy this game.

Pirated it and had fun, combat especially kept me going, I recommend renting it if console or pirating it though since its kind of short and severely lacks variety compared to other souls style games.

I will probably get it much later with the "complete" edition or whatever goes on sale.
>>
>>378233302
>Unfortunately, I just don't think it's anything game-changing or even that worth it.

Exactly, they really dropped the ball after the intro had that blood.
>>
>>378233149

Somehow its worse, by far. The combat is shocking and the level design is like one area in Hybrid Heaven repeated forever. Shits dreadful.

A shame because the introduction (pre-surgery) was fantastic and didn't feel forced at all.
>>
>>378233592
And the new first enemy.
>>
>>378233667
Shit I forgot about that.
I was fucking STARTLED when he came out of fucking nowhere.

God damn I just want a ng+ thats actually worth it for once.
>>
>>378233631
t. from shill
>>
>>378233149
>>378233631
>>378233872
I genuinely emjoyed Lords more.
>>
>>378235140
I thought the same too, at first. I went back and finished another LotF playthrough the past 2 days and I no longer think so.
>>
>>378225295
Two ways to go at it. I use Heavies almost exclusively.Evade r1 then r2 after every doggo attack, or slide attack after every doggo attack.dodge left/right after every lunge and always attack the tail first.
>>
>>378235546
Is it just me or does LotF somehow have even more generic corridors to fight in compared.

Somehow a lot of the arenas in surge felt pretty good to move in and fight, even in central. And when there was a corridor with an enemy you knew it was going to be trouble.

Also the shield dash breaks lotf
>>
>>378224328
DENUVO SHILLS BTFO OUT!!
>>
I love how the combat is all over the place with the shit targeting and then they throw like over 3 faggots at the same time.

Needless to say. I don't really like this game, I liked Lords of the Fallen much more. Also, I started off with light armor, should I just redo and go heavy? I have no clue about this game, other than the first hrs, but I don't feel like even bothering playing it if I know that there's no improvement that might help me to keep on playing.
>>
>>378236126
Light armor is honestly the best starting gear. The RHINO armor doesn't let you tank that many more hits anyway but the extra speed and lowered stamina consumption you get from the LYNX set is much better. Just make sure you get the complete set for the bonus to be active. Also, there's no need to restart even if you want to try the RHINO gear, just cut off the parts you need.
>>
>>378236126
Light's better
I never fought three enemies at once not including drones
What problems in particular are you having with the targeting?
>>
>>378223970
you sound like a cuck right now anon
are you a cuckfag who ikes to bend over just to prove shit to other anons on the interwebz?
haha
faggot
>>
>67 posts
>17 IPs
mmmm...................................

5 B O S S E S
B
O
S
S
E
S
>>
>>378236491
The way you switch targets is just so awkward because the normal stick is used for exact point targeting, while for actual enemy targeting, you have to hold an extra button.

As for the enemies, I just went at start and you enter 1 room, you see a guy, target him and then instantly another one jumps in and you have to move them back or else a 3rd one joins.

I didn't play a lot of it, but these really put me off.
>>
>>378236784
>everyone can only post once and can't have a discussion
It's true though, what you said. What the fuck is up with only 5 bosses in the game? Whatever good the game does do is severely underwhelmed by the short as fuck length and lack of content.
>>
>>378233149
Depends on how you like the combat, that's the strong suit. Story's meh, level design is okay(fuck nucleus though)

>>378236126
first of all, git gud
second of all, you can get both rhino and lynx set in the first area of the game, no need to reset unless you didn't get the PAX 2.0.
>>
>>378236827
You can just tap L2 to cycle through nearby enemies anon.
Regardless once you leave the first area you get a drone that has a ranged attack to pull individual enemies.
>>
>>378236827
I like the targetting so thats just preference but you can change the controls.

As far as getting swarmed that literally happens in the beginning of almost every souls.
Its called a bait, they put a single enemy out to distract you and the ones to the sides around corners gank you. If you use the 3rd person camera how it was intended to see around corners you would never get swarmed unless you're just rushing through.

I know because I did

BB does this a lot as well especially in the beginning.
>>
>>378236827
Ganks are very common in this game, and is a staple in SoulsBorne genre. Get used to it, and always check your corners.
>>
>>378236967
Yeah, it's even more noticeable in a second runthrough where you don't have the exploration to pad everything out. Plus the fact that BC is just a dude who summons the first boss.
>>
Metal Gear Rising exists.
>>
>>378237380
Agreed. I went from the start of NG+ all the way to Nucleus in about 3 hours, I think. When I realised there was really no incentive to explore the things I'd already gotten or seen, I just ended up bee-lining through the essential shit to get quests done and get to the next boss.
>>
>>378237631
I like that the game lets you rush through that quickly but I agree. It needed 5 minibosses and other big construction equipment to fight

Jumping railings and in general was a good addition
>>
>>378237072
>>378237207

I am not new to souls series, so I am familiar with that. But usually when they swarm you, it's with enemies you can pretty much take care of in a couple of hits. These ones feel so fucking tanky and deal so much damage.

I was even surprised that there's a block and then I just noticed how useless it is. Can you parry in this? Like the tutorial is more cryptic than anything else.
>>
>>378220153
Is it just me or are the dual rigs fucking worthless?
Single rigs have boring movesets and one handed weps are too vanilla. I haven't played with the staff yet, but the heavy weps are fucking crazy.
>crazy impact and damage
>weighty movesets
>second best executions behind dual rigs

>>378238109
yeah the tutorial is very lacking. most attacks can be parried and then countered for massive damage, but the ones that can't most of the time can be blocked or ducked, jumped over. press the block button and then up or down on the right analog.
>>
>>378238109
git gud
>>
>>378238414
Dual rigs are pretty strong, the best weapon in the game is technically one though it shares some moves with a one-handed weapon. They can stagger enemies pretty reliably into decent combos AND let you do quick hit and run attacks.
>>
>>378238414
>Is it just me or are the dual rigs fucking worthless?

Nah every style is hilariously OP once you get the gear to match it. Twin rigs benefit from impact arms for instance, I can stagger everything too easily.

I like all the movesets but staff just because its so damn different. It looks awesome and has insane combos but fuck me, one of the few games where a staff weapon actually is actually good
>>
>>378238109
I don't think you can parry, but you can either duck or jump while blocking and deliver a counter. Shame that they give this tutorial in the second fucking area of the game. As for the enemies being tanky, just be sure that you're hitting their unarmored parts to deal damage. Hit their armored parts only if you want to cut off that specific limb.
>>
>>378238109
>>378239047
Blocking just before an attack hits you will parry it, causing the enemy to stagger and be open to a heavy damage combo
>>
I was always as free..as I wanted to be..
>>
So did Chavez's sabotage lead to the Nanomachines escaping or did they just make it out by themselves? Or was it that doctor who got infected somehow and wound up being taken over?
>>
>>378238942
I used twin-rigs and staves before I uninstalled the game. The staff put in a lot of work for me against the Firebug, which in turn helped me get the 2.0 of the Firebug Throttle before I even know about 2.0 boss weapons. Getting the Spitfire Rod 2.0 was a fucking bitch though.

By the way, can anyone explain jumping over/ducking attacks? Like I knew how to do it but are there any situations or enemy attacks where they're viable?
>>
>>378240458
Tough to say.

Chavez has motive but lacks the ability to pull it off since she is hiding and needs you to do anything outside her office.

Murphy I would say is just patient zero, might be the cause might not.

Then you have the mad scientist Mr. Barett that seems like he wanted everything to get fucked from the start as long as he was still upper class.

Or maybe it was a board member the whole time for that beeg tweest.

I think it was a combination of things but largely centered around the 2 AI's running CREO.
J.G. and S.A.L.L.
>>
Is there any lore explanation why a game set in the future does not uses guns instead of melee weapons?
>>
>>378240785
I only really used it against those three legged welding bots, otherwise it seemed easier to do literally anything else
>>
>>378241007
You're in a factory with manufacturing equipment, not a warzone.

The real question is why did the bosses all have faults with their designs, a item description says that no matter how it was designed idiosyncratic tendencies always manifested themselves? CREO was bad from the get go me thinks.
>>
>>378240896
There's an audio log saying that Chavez has been causing trouble since being fired.
For the AI, I wasn't sure if JG was just named after the still living founder or if he was dead and it had been playing his part for some time. And I still don't get what Sally's deal was.
>>
>>378241007
Most of the weapons aren't even real weapons, just repurposed tools.They may have no guns, but portable missile launchers exist so maybe it's a clearance thing.
>>
>black cerberus set is garbage
defend this
>>
>>378241610
Extra damage is nice
Granted, Gorgon is basically the best set due to stamina.
>>
>>378241448
I personally think JG died and they used tech to store his "mind" so he could keep inventing for CREO.

I just saw sally as the mainframes AI steward doing its best to keep things running with a shit situation.

Werent more and more systems compromised as time went on? I think the failsafes said something like that, and maybe thats why sally was bugging out so hard at the end.
>>
>>378241610
>wearing armor for its stats
Bruh do you even Souls
>>
>>378241610
>boss armor is shit
Wait I thought thats how it was suppose to be.
Arent they copying souls?
>>
>>378241801
I'm sure in the boardroom she says something like "The surge locked me out of the system during the reset"
So I guess the Nanomachines escaped and caused fuckery, somehow creating the Surge and killing most of the board. Sally tried to restart the whole system but things didn't fully work and she got locked out, leading to the game.
>>
so what the fuck was going on with engineer girl
can you even save her?
>>
>>378242195
So basically what I said but sally is no longer a suspect in The Case of the Missing The Surge Caper.

What if chavez got murphy to do it and thats why hes patient zero? Chavex probably had no idea the AI would go insane though and gestalt itself with the entire factories employee roster
>>
>>378242345
This.
And who the hell is Benjamin Burke?

I want to meet ben and save her.
Maybe if you dont do the second part of the quest she doesnt fully identify as a guard and stays an engineer? Probably not but I can hope.

And can you save hobbs or do they get wiped after security no matter what? Because jo killed hobbs and I was upset
>>
>>378242345
Was she even human? I thought she left some robotic skeleton after you kill her.
>>
>>378243319
>>378243440
Irina won't show up in the Executive area if you don't give er the armor.
Hobbs survives if you don't give Jo scrap or I think you can steal her weapon from the hideout and possibly give it to him to let him live?
>>378243720
She only leaves her exosuit and a wig/her hair for some reason
>>
>>378243864
>spoiler
THAT LYING BITCH

FUCK I SHOULD HAVE JUST KILLED HER
>>
>>378244478
Honestly it looks like a bug
>>
File: valkyrie.png (1MB, 1351x988px) Image search: [Google]
valkyrie.png
1MB, 1351x988px
tossing this out there in case anyone missed it that one time, anon who saw the machined professor wielding the cable cutters was right! just gotta cut them off once he goes robo to grab them. they seem kind of garbage and at level 2 twin rig the corroded butterflys actually do more damage. im just glad they are actually in game, shame its not a single rig so i would use it.
>>
>>378244883
>cable cutters are in game
>black cerberus full set able to be gotten on first playthrough

Any other shit we were wrong about at first?
>>
>>378220153
This game looks sorta interesting, how long till its on sale for like 75% off. It couldn't of sold well.
>>
What exactly does increasing weapon type mastery do? Just more damage?
>>
>>378244883
>>378245043
That makes them sound like an upgraded version of the cable cutters, like the other Parsifal.
>>
>>378245221
more damage on weapons depending on their proficiency scaling yeah, nothing exciting.
>>
YOU CANNOT MISS
WHAT YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN BEFORE
>>
>>378245568
I keep trying to find that song but can't.
>>
>>378245761
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmR1ehmmwkc
>>
>>378245157
why you gotta be a poorfaggot?
and a faggotfaggot?
if you have any interest in the game put it in your wishlist and go about your life.
why go on a forum and spout shit like "it couldn't have sold well" when it 75% off.
Look kid, yer toaster won't be able to handle it either so you will complain it runs like shit and then you'll be back to shit post about that too.
All in all, kys.
>>
File: TheSurge 2017-05-26 20-52-34-34.jpg (292KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
TheSurge 2017-05-26 20-52-34-34.jpg
292KB, 1920x1080px
Does spitfire have any unique moves?
Another fire spear has triple stab.
>>
>>378245892
Every boss weapon v2 has a unique move

HEY GUYS
Apparently when you applied you gave them all your info too.
>>
>>378245824
Well, shit, I could have sworn the song was some obscure cover of Blowin' in the Wind. Thanks a bunch.
>>
>>378246012
did anyone by chance try to scan that qr code? phone is broken so i cannot try it myself.
>>
>>378246183
I dont have a phone so I didnt even think.

Fuck I should have turned off CA and DoF for the screenshot
>>
This game isn't nearly as bad as people made it sound. I know these devs made Lords of the Fallen before which was just a bootleg souls trying to ride off the From hype, but for what other reason did /v/ shit on this so much?
>>
>>378245892
Standard special move combos are [H/V/V or V/V/H] and [H/H/V or V/H/H]
>>
>>378246907

>muh souls

There was no reason to shit on LotF either, it was just an average action RPG.

I think the Surge is a good game though, unlike LotF, i want a sequel for The Surge.
>>
>>378220153
am I doing something wrong, is this some kind of anti piracy or is it simply "le prepare to die hard game"

pretty much everything in the second area seems to kill me in one combo, even in a full set of whatever that starting exoskeleton shit is.
the blue dudes even seem to overkill me by half a healthbar, since the first attack in a two hit chain deals 80-90% of my healthbar
>>
>>378247232
You just need some implants that boost HP and learn their patterns. I'm not even kidding, you can pretty much just dodge out of anything the enemies throw your way since the iframes last so long.
>>
>>378247232
Git gud.Wear Vital boost Implants and you'll be way tankier.
>>
>>378247232

By blue dudes you mean the security guards that tell you to go away? Well, they're obviously high level NPCs, is this your first "souls like" game? Just leave them alone if you can't beat them.

As for the yellow guys with hammers and dual claw things, they do deal a lot of damage but they are very predictable, you should be having that much trouble with them, if you are then just aim for their unarmored parts to kill them quickly until you feel confident that you can take them. Or in other words, git gud
>>
>>378247232
the second one. a lot of the surviveability comes from the vital boosts rather than exo defense(defense stat is a joke). slap on the lynx and dodge, because tanking hits is just not a viable build almost ever.
>>
>>378247232
The blue dudes with the staffs? They're late game enemies, just there to fuck with you. If you can kill them then their weapons are good though.

But yeah, there's very little room for error especially at the start so you have to either get really good at nailing down enemy combos and knowing when to hit back or just relying on the dash attack/backdodge combo.
>>
>>378247232

Security guards are the red eyed black knights of the Surge, leave them alone until you git gud.
>>
>>378246313
I will be at this point in ng+ soon, will make a screenshot, scan it, and post results in an other thread. Might take me a few days though.
>>
>>378247497
>>378247709
Are the security guards optional like the black knights in souls are or if I attack them it'll piss off some faction or fuck up something down the line? They seemed like normal enough dudes for me when I first found them and wouldn't even attack me if I passed the barrier so I just let them be.
>>
>>378247972
There aren't any factions, don't worry and they are completely optional. In fact, the only enemies you HAVE to fight and kill are the bosses, I think.
>>
>>378246907
I'm >>378247232
from what I've seen in the ~two hours I've played, it's not bad like Lords of the Fallen, which physically hurt to play, but it feels extremely mediocre
Especially the level design and enemy variation seems weak.
Combat seems too passive/reactive, don't know if it's different with heavier weapons, because I assume "Impact" changes this, but as far as I can tell if you ever attack twice, you're bound to die because some times it doesn't stagger them and you just straight up die by their followup

also is there a counter for blocking?

>>378247495
I guess the one I was wearing allowed me to go down to ~5% hp once I got hit by the 2 hit combo from the yellow hammer dudes

>>378247497
>By blue dudes you mean the security guards that tell you to go away?
They say something? There were two of them so I just shot the right one with my drone to lure him out every single time, which for some reason doesn't work because after like ten seconds the second one runs towards you no matter what you do for some reason

>>378247453
the dodge has iframes?

>>378247632
>tfw gave the staff to that hideous creature on the stairs
>>
>>378247972
>factions
you give the game too much credit. they are just later enemies placed earlier so if you are gud you can get their gear early. they are a standard enemy by endgame, more common than the twinrig guys
>>
this game doesn't even deserve its own thread
>>
>>378248126
>>378248180
Well that's sweet, I'll try to take them on then and figure out why they seem unaffected by all this shit going on and just telling me to go back to work as if all hell hasn't broken loose.
>>
>>378248139
>the dodge has iframes?
I believe so. I've been using it to dodge right through attacks with pretty high consistency. Made all the bosses a fucking joke after I realised this.
>>
>>378248378
I stopped trying to dodge through attacks once I kept getting slaughtered during the dodge, now I always just dodge backwards
>>
>>378220153
should I pick this one or dark souls 3?
I played the first dark souls for a few hours and enjoyed the style of game but that was a long time ago and now I built a nice rig
>>
>>378248452
I had the opposite experience. I used to dodge backwards all the time but the first boss kept being able to punt me regardless of my dodge. Then, I just played like a madman and learned that I can reliably dodge INTO his punts and slashes instead.
>>
File: 1319616893140.jpg (18KB, 249x211px) Image search: [Google]
1319616893140.jpg
18KB, 249x211px
>using the big ass "hammer" thing on the drone boss
>every time I cut off one of its arm with the swing the drone gets launched all the way to the other side of the arena
>deep inside I know this is a canned animation and would play anyway no matter the weapon but it always looks like I'm using the oversized construction tool to bat away a drone 5 times my size thanks to the swinging animation of it
I'm never giving up this weapon.
>>
>>378248682
souls will last you longer for sure. this game, while fun, is really short and the NG+ is garbage with nothing new and more bugs than standard NG.
>>
>>378248682

People call Lords of the Fallen and The Surge "souls like" but i don't think they are souls like at all just because it has certain elements from souls games.

So if you liked Dark Souls 1, you will probably like Dark Souls 3, where as i've no idea if you would like The Surge, in other words, DS3 is a more safe bet for your money. That said, i do like the Surge so i do recommend it.
>>
Although this game isn't great it's much better than Lords of the Fallen and I love the setting. If Deck 13 keeps this up their next game will be Dark Souls tier.
>>
>>378248705
the first boss I just hugged his left leg which seemed to always make him do one of two moves, the jump away or the slow lift & stomp
once you know that you can just hit it twice, if he lifts leg back away & regen stamina, then go back in, if he jumps sprint behind his left leg again

>>378248682
play DaS1 then DaS2 then DaS3
you can get 1 & scholar of 2 for 60 on steam compared to the surge for 50
if you're not afraid to use shady shit you can get 1, 2 scholar & 3 for 53 (27 without 3) compared to 35 for surge

if you already have 1 it's even cheaper

>>378249043
you can't honestly look at the surge or LoTF & not say they're soulslikes.
When people say DragDog is a soulslike I'm like you're really stretching this shit, but come on LoTF is basically an attempt to cash in on the souls hype
>>
I fucking love this game. I understand how people dislike the lack of weapon and enemy variety compared to the Dark Souls games, but I enjoy the whole sci-fi walking forklift aesthetic so much more than fantasy that I don't care. My only real beef is the lack of cosmetic customization; other than that it's my favorite game of the year thus far. Yes I'm biased, I don't care.
>>
File: TheSurge 2017-05-26 20-59-34-97.jpg (279KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
TheSurge 2017-05-26 20-59-34-97.jpg
279KB, 1920x1080px
>>378248745
just you wait
>>
Single-rigged weapons are cooler than every other weapon type and none of you can prove me wrong.
>>
Are there any new droids past the shield drone?
>>
>>378250961
Concussion, laser, coolent, magnet, flame,and shield are the only ones that I know of.(that I remember anyway)
>>
>>378250961
No, but there are a few that are hidden in pretty bullshit places that you probably missed.
>>
>>378250870
Fuck no. I used Single rigged on my first go and its moveset, more particularly the horizontal combos are very lacking.Plus the head dismemberment qte gets annoying past the third time seeing it.
>>
dual rigged > one handed > heavy duty > staff > single rigged
>>
>>378251636
Who needs combos when you have that forward dashk attack? I spent most of my playthrough just launching myself towards enemies like a missile.
>>
>>378250759
>Do the stuff to get the armour from the boss
>Didn't cut his arm because I thought it wouldn't matter
>Boss drops his Helmet, chest, legs and weapon but not his arms
I was fucking pissed.
>>
>>378251173
>flame
Where was that? I missed it apparently
>>
>>378251859
Heavy dash is better. does not have shitty recovery frames and you have TWO attack options after the dash. R1 > for a quick poke or r1 combo to get most mooks int oexecution range. The elbow follow up for single rig is pathetic
>>378252252
R&D. Big white room after you meet Benett the first time.RIght and up the little stairs will be a mesh door. Jump on the table and into the door.
>>
Can I repeat boss if i didn't get 2.0 weapon?

4 fucking captchas for this post.
>>
>>378252824
NG+ baby
I'm >>378251970
>>
>>378252681
Yeah but the heavy dash is slow as shit. It's not nearly as satisfying at speeds below mach 1.
>>
>>378250598
I enjoy the aesthetic and the combat mechanics though I wish more enemies switched it up like the chrysalis
>>
>>378250870
I kept trying the single rigs but they just felt so slow and weirdly weak compared to either my staff or in NG+ the Gestalt blades. Those things really felt like they were launching enemies with speed.
>>
Am I a pretty robot?
>>
>>378256110
>non matching armor
disgusting
>>
File: surgeqr.png (103KB, 219x237px) Image search: [Google]
surgeqr.png
103KB, 219x237px
>>378247818
was quicker than i thought, but the screenshot is much worse than i expected. but this one, or >>378246012 , might be still readable somehow.
>>
>>378256406
I need to change the chest to something with more stability still but I prefer the individual bonuses over any set bonus by far.
>>
>>378246012
I tried to but I couldn't do it at the moment.

>>378256547
And no luck with this screenshot. I think it's too low resolution
>>
>>378256651
You should try a set and realise how much more effective the bonuses are over any individual increases.
>>
>>378257062
Almost all are bad.

gorgon was the only one I came close to considering besides lynx which I used half the game
>>
>>378257771
So you decided a 6% attack speed increase and reduced dodge cost was worth losing a massive boost to stamina regen?
>>
File: surgeQR.png (405KB, 502x519px) Image search: [Google]
surgeQR.png
405KB, 502x519px
>>378256547
I turned off setting, best I could do. If someone could unshift the chroma it might work.

See I dont even know the term to use for what I mean so fuck.
>>
>>378258095
>drone cost reduction
>impact
>attack speed
>dodge/sprint cost reduction
>stability
I prefer my gear.

Also
>running out of stamina
Literally how. I use TR though so that might be why. Probably great for heavy
>>
>>378258278
You get the same stability, drone cost reduction and impact from the Gorgon set. Higher defense too, for all the good that does.
>>
>>378258449
But I need to dodge forever and attack 12% faster
>>
>>378258278
>running out of stamina
Have you played/are you planning to play NG+?
>>
White jumpsuit > Blue Jumpsuit >> Red Jumpsuit

How does the protagonist change jumpsuits?
>>
>>378258662
Only 6% anon. 3% per arm.
>>
>>378258694
I just started ng+ and am in central actually.

>>378256110
I'm this guy, now I use gestalt or carmina though
>>
>>378258806
So the bonus described in the item stats is for both together.

Why would you think that over it being for that individual arm so I can use 2 different arms like flailing idiot
>>
>>378258714
nanomachines
>>
>>378258815
Don't let them bully you anon; what you think looks cool always trumps what's most efficient statwise.
>>
>>378258928
Nevermind I'm a retard and cant read.

6% tho
>>
>>378259040
But the coolest armor is one of the worst
Why is Scarab basically the only one with gloves.
>>
Is this game too hard for anyone else?

>tfw shitter
Thread posts: 187
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.