[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MMORPGs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: mmorpg_logo.png (442KB, 4550x1355px) Image search: [Google]
mmorpg_logo.png
442KB, 4550x1355px
Do you give a fuck about MMORPGs any more?
>>
>>378217996
only if someone decides to make a good mmorpg again
in other words, no
>>
>>378218049
Basically this.
I would play FF14 ARR but no way I pay a sub fee.
>>
Never did tbqh

everyone praised BC-era WoW and even my most normie friends played it at that time, but I could not even get to lvl 40 back them without quitting. They are cookie clicker tier and can't fathom how anyone enjoys them
>>
No, there are too many easier ways now for people to get the gratification they used to get from MMOs. Over the years MMOs that are still around have had to dumb themselves down to keep up.
>>
>>378217996
It is the only thng I play.
>>
1. played Runescape (free only)
2. played Guild Wars 1 (the 3 main games, but not GW:EN)
3. played Dofus (free only)
4. played Wakfu (free beta, stopped at launch)
>>
>>378217996
I do. I will never give up hope.
>>
i still play FFXI on and off, and i'll still try pretty much any new MMORPG (because they are all free / open beta these days) even though they all suck.

FFXI and AO still gives me the feels of everything i would want, and what more could be possible, in an MMORPG, but the gameplay and interfaces are pretty fucking dated at this point. FFXI does patches in single file FTP sessions, only allows some pathetic 1kbps bandwidth, even modern computers can't hold 60 FPS, and the community has replaced the macro system with an add-on that requires you to learn LUA code and also risk fucking with packets, which potentially could get you banned (although unlikely if you don't exploit and talk about it in game). Anarchy Online is, well, still too expensive, too dead, and just fucking ancient looking.

basically if something had the depth and quality of AO / FFXI but modernized, that's the game i'm holding out for. the single thing new MMORPGs provide is the grinding. which is just one dimension of an MMORPG, its very empty and unsatisfying when grinding is all you have. AO/FFXI have grinding plenty, but also super immersive worlds, great music, great loot systems, deep combat mechanics, iconic designs, player-led economy, etc.
>>
>>378218789
play dead frontier, you can play it for free and get gm if you like it.
>>
>>378219183
>dead frontier
>zombies
sorry, no
>>
>>378219258
Trickster then? if you like animu stuff.
>>
>>378217996

MMORPGs killed themselves. They were awesome at first, then people started playing them, and people killed them because people are selfish, disrespectful assholes when they have no accountability. No community = No game.

They were never going to last. Once they hit mainstream, boom, they were fucked. All of us old people saw it coming. MMO's were fine through Everquest. As soon as WoW hit, the scene was over.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.