[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

thoughts on witcher 3?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 11

File: witcher 3.jpg (84KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
witcher 3.jpg
84KB, 460x215px
thoughts on witcher 3?
>>
Overrated
>>
Garbage
>>
Underrated
>>
I tried 3 or 4 times, with all my good will I just couldn't sink in it. I love the graphics, that small piece of story also looked promissing, music is awesome, but I just can't love it

Btw. I love W2, I have finished it 3 times (one time at high diff. althought I'm lazy scrub and filthy casual, frankly speaknig)
t. Polack (unironicaly)
>>
File: 1494803399838.jpg (282KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1494803399838.jpg
282KB, 1920x1080px
The open world design is literally ubisoft-tier in its filler and POI spam, and is further destroyed by...
...the loot system, which destroys any incentive for exploration. The weapons you find are worse than witcher gear you obtained 10 levels ago, and you get witcher gear from quests anyway so its not like you have to go hunting for them.
Money holds practically no value whatsoever, and the only loot you find thats useful is alchemy ingredients. Which would be fine if...
...the combat system wasn't so barebones and bland. Throughout your 150+ hour adventure, you use one moveset, 5 bland spells, a crossbow, some bombs and optional potions. The enemy and boss design is so generic and boring though, that using all that hify shit like potions and decoction is pretty much pointless. The biggest strategy is just to mash light attack twice, backhop, and repeat. A large majority of the enemies follow this mentality, and it never truly evolves into anything more meaningful. Why does Djikstra have the same moveset as a wild hunt warrior you fight with Keira?
The game even reskins and recycles enemies in paid DLC, and then dares to call them new ones with new beastiry entries.

cont
>>
File: w34.jpg (51KB, 602x616px) Image search: [Google]
w34.jpg
51KB, 602x616px
>>378217032
Skellige is wasted potential at best, and the game rushes to its conclusion way too fast after Kaer Morhen. Novigrad and Velen use up a massive portion of time, and the entire point of those areas boils down to "your ciri is in another area that requires you to go through like 20 boring side missions before anything substantial happens"

The story sets up its stakes way too high, and thus makes side content break immersion to a major degree. Theres no reason why Geralt would go around killing nekkers for pennies when the literal end of the world was around the corner.

Speaking of which, the white frost, ciris powers and all of culminating at the same time is some of the most cringe inducing shit I've ever seen. Ciri can hop between time and space because "its in her blood lmao" and the white frost is just a prophecy of "dude lmao if it happens we all die lmaooooo"

Then at the end when you defeat Eredin (who is the most bland fucking villain I've ever seen, he has less lines than reskinned shopkeepers in Velen), the white frost just suddenly comes at the same exact time and Ciri defeats it somehow and everythings awesome and then yay the game ends.
Its rushed as fuck and I lost all my interest in caring about the characters during that arc.

HOS is the best content in the game, but it doesn't fix the gameplay gripes. The story is great however and has the only good antagonist in the entire game.

B&W is fine, but again has the same problems with its open world, quest design, enemy design, and even the main quest.

Overall the game doesn't have a single piece of good gameplay, and the only thing that comes close is the boss fight with Dettlaff.
Its worth experiencing because of things completely unrelated to it being a video game. You would get the same exact experience from just watching it on youtube for fucks sake, and even then it would save you money, time and most of all effort since you wouldn't have to wade through boring filler.

cont
>>
Kind of boring.
>>
File: witcher 3 combat.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
witcher 3 combat.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>378217098
all non-quest related things you can find on the world are copy paste boring shit
no one will talk to you unless they are quest related and you have the quest that requires them
awful ui made for consoles and only 2 consumable slots, making alch spec a chore
no resource management, you just instantly get all your potions back for whats essentiallly free
enemys have 1, maybe 2, attack that they repeat over and over, making fights absolutely boring after an hour
level system only works to the games detriment, as youll quickly outlevel everything you have to do and it will all be easier than the game already is
coming across a SKULL WARNING SIGN monster should be exciting but it's not, because you know it fights exactly the same as all the others of its kind, only with more hp.
"cinematic" controls that ignore accuracy in favor of looking more natural
even death march is easy as fuck due to a lack of enemy attack variety and every ability you can spec into being way too strong
ciri sections are boring and unneeded and only serve to rob you of what could have been the one interesting boss fight in the game.
the final moments of the story seem rushed as fuck, from oh hi crones now we fight, to im eredin i have a secret, im dying my secret is this guy tricked us and i had no plan to deal with it, to oh actually geralt i didnt trick you
majority of loot is randomized and scales to your level. Nothing you find really excites you.
all enemies have an extremely short tether that you will cross unintentionally more often than not. At this point they ignore you and start walking back to the center of the area or hang around to get hit easily
witcher senses are only ever used when the quest requires it and is just hold right click to follow quest arrow. you cant actually track monsters or anything out in the world(and why would you need to? theyre all tethered to a small location and never move away)
>>
>>378216531
Reddit incarnate
>>
File: photo[1].jpg (86KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo[1].jpg
86KB, 900x900px
>The open world design is literally ubisoft-tier in its filler and POI spam, and is further destroyed by...
>...the loot system, which destroys any incentive for exploration. The weapons you find are worse than witcher gear you obtained 10 levels ago, and you get witcher gear from quests anyway so its not like you have to go hunting for them.
>Money holds practically no value whatsoever, and the only loot you find thats useful is alchemy ingredients. Which would be fine if...
>...the combat system wasn't so barebones and bland. Throughout your 150+ hour adventure, you use one moveset, 5 bland spells, a crossbow, some bombs and optional potions. The enemy and boss design is so generic and boring though, that using all that hify shit like potions and decoction is pretty much pointless. The biggest strategy is just to mash light attack twice, backhop, and repeat. A large majority of the enemies follow this mentality, and it never truly evolves into anything more meaningful. Why does Djikstra have the same moveset as a wild hunt warrior you fight with Keira?
>The game even reskins and recycles enemies in paid DLC, and then dares to call them new ones with new beastiry entries.
>cont
>>
>>378217032
>Witcher gear from quests

What the fuck are you on about? Also You don't have to have POI or any handholding whatsoever. The enemies are some of the most diverse in any game and the combat has plenty of options. The plot is perfectly good, basically just mirroring the plot of the books when Ciri was younger but with everything much more advanced.
>>
Contarians love to hate it because it makes them feel profound.
>>
File: b98[3].jpg (66KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
b98[3].jpg
66KB, 500x600px
>Skellige is wasted potential at best, and the game rushes to its conclusion way too fast after Kaer Morhen. Novigrad and Velen use up a massive portion of time, and the entire point of those areas boils down to "your ciri is in another area that requires you to go through like 20 boring side missions before anything substantial happens"
>The story sets up its stakes way too high, and thus makes side content break immersion to a major degree. Theres no reason why Geralt would go around killing nekkers for pennies when the literal end of the world was around the corner.
>Speaking of which, the white frost, ciris powers and all of culminating at the same time is some of the most cringe inducing shit I've ever seen. Ciri can hop between time and space because "its in her blood lmao" and the white frost is just a prophecy of "dude lmao if it happens we all die lmaooooo"
>Then at the end when you defeat Eredin (who is the most bland fucking villain I've ever seen, he has less lines than reskinned shopkeepers in Velen), the white frost just suddenly comes at the same exact time and Ciri defeats it somehow and everythings awesome and then yay the game ends.
>Its rushed as fuck and I lost all my interest in caring about the characters during that arc.
>HOS is the best content in the game, but it doesn't fix the gameplay gripes. The story is great however and has the only good antagonist in the entire game.
>B&W is fine, but again has the same problems with its open world, quest design, enemy design, and even the main quest.
>Overall the game doesn't have a single piece of good gameplay, and the only thing that comes close is the boss fight with Dettlaff.
>Its worth experiencing because of things completely unrelated to it being a video game. You would get the same exact experience from just watching it on youtube for fucks sake, and even then it would save you money, time and most of all effort since you wouldn't have to wade through boring filler.
>cont
>>
File: Tru7h_in_a_Fedora_by_HLTru7h[1].png (433KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
Tru7h_in_a_Fedora_by_HLTru7h[1].png
433KB, 800x533px
>all non-quest related things you can find on the world are copy paste boring shit
>no one will talk to you unless they are quest related and you have the quest that requires them
>awful ui made for consoles and only 2 consumable slots, making alch spec a chore
>no resource management, you just instantly get all your potions back for whats essentiallly free
>enemys have 1, maybe 2, attack that they repeat over and over, making fights absolutely boring after an hour
>level system only works to the games detriment, as youll quickly outlevel everything you have to do and it will all be easier than the game already is
>coming across a SKULL WARNING SIGN monster should be exciting but it's not, because you know it fights exactly the same as all the others of its kind, only with more hp.
>"cinematic" controls that ignore accuracy in favor of looking more natural
>even death march is easy as fuck due to a lack of enemy attack variety and every ability you can spec into being way too strong
>ciri sections are boring and unneeded and only serve to rob you of what could have been the one interesting boss fight in the game.
>the final moments of the story seem rushed as fuck, from oh hi crones now we fight, to im eredin i have a secret, im dying my secret is this guy tricked us and i had no plan to deal with it, to oh actually geralt i didnt trick you
>majority of loot is randomized and scales to your level. Nothing you find really excites you.
>all enemies have an extremely short tether that you will cross unintentionally more often than not. At this point they ignore you and start walking back to the center of the area or hang around to get hit easily
>witcher senses are only ever used when the quest requires it and is just hold right click to follow quest arrow. you cant actually track monsters or anything out in the world(and why would you need to? theyre all tethered to a small location and never move away)
>>
>>378216531
One of the best game ever made.
>>
File: 1488363622443.jpg (242KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
1488363622443.jpg
242KB, 500x700px
It's great.
>>
>really want to play Witcher 3
>still have to play 1 and 2
>mfw Persona 5 is taking so fucking long that I'll never get to them
>>
>>378217401
>>378217469
>mad witchercuck can't even argue and and come up with arguments to defend his shitty game so instead he's just using rebbit le hat meme pictures

typical witchercuck
>>
Why Witcher's thread are invaded by pastas?
>>
>>378216531
Glorious DRM free game that makes all Denuvo fags foaming around the mouth.
>>
>>378216531
Kinda amazing. But story of the studio is even more amazing. Hollywood-tier drama.
>>
>>378217551
>weaboo trash
You are not worthy of playing TW series.Stick to your weeb garbage.
>>
The combat is also boring and too dumbed down.
>>
>>378217684
I'll do it anyways just to spite you faggot
>>
They focused on quantity instead of quality.
>>
>>378217684
TW is western weebtrash in everything but location and artstyle. Focuses on cutscenes and "waifus" (your only romance options are whores after your cock) with a generic villain to pad out the storyline.
>>
File: ciricombat.webm (3MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
ciricombat.webm
3MB, 853x480px
>>378217716
You're boring.
>>
THIS IS NO JOKE

The dev himself said they dumbed down the game and made it more casual so that it would sell more in the west

LITERALLY NOT MAKING THIS UP

Top kek what a shit game
>>
>>378217871
NANI?
>>
>>378217716
have a (you)
gr8 b8
>>
>>378217871
Is that "mash one button" hack n slash combat in an RPG is supposed to be impressive or something?
>>
Overrated trash with shit game play.
>muh story
>muh graphics
>muh characters

Go watch a series if that's all you care about.

Oh wait.
>>
>>378217965
Na, It's good. I like Ciri Combat by being different from Geralt's one :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHf0qNrH8HQ
>>
>>378216531
>thoughts on witcher 3?
One of the best RPGs of late.
>>
>>378218074
>you need to save her
What the fuck. She btfo everyone with her skill.
>>
>>378218198
>She btfo everyone with her skill.
>skill
>>
>>378216531
I loved it. Writing was really good in my opinion with some characters feeling genuinely real (Regis), despite their circumstances. The world is beautiful and the music was amazing (Skellige, White Orchard, Toussaint Background Music).

The combat system is pretty bad as it boils down to just spamming fast attack, however fighting different monsters is still a lot of fun. The animations are very well made so it makes the combat nice to look at regardless. Another issue I had with it was the gear, especially when I had gear crafted by legendary armorsmiths / blacksmiths and then I found gear better in random chests around the world.

It gets a lot of praise and I think it deserves it, it's an amazing cinematic experience - however it doesn't compare as well as a video game. It also gets a lot of shit, I don't think it deserves a lot of it.
>>
>>378216531
Dev based writing is always awful. Gameplay is some of the worst of any RPG.

So overall its pretty bad. Get more interesting events from a M&B play through.
>>
>>378218479
>Writing was really good in my opinion
That is the general opinion.
They had like 14 writers working on the game for crying out loud.
>>
>>378218479
>bad video game
>good cinematic experience
>don't get why it gets lots of shit
Mayve because it's being praised as a good video game all the time which it isn't and you even said so yourself.

Disclaimer: Food analogy!

Imagine someone selling a really really cosy chair as the most delicious burger ever made. Yeah it's a good chair but not a fucking burger.
That's what happening to Witcher 3 in a smaller extent of course. It's anything but a good video game.
>>
>>378216531
cyberpunk prequel
>>
>thread full of salty Denuvo fags shitting on the best game of the last 5 years just cause it is DRM free
>>
>>378218957
>cyberpunk
>it won't be on E3
fuck my life
>>
>>378216531

Is Novigrad really that great? I just got there and it's kind of neat, but the way people talking about it, I was expecting the most epic video game city ever. It doesn't even feel that big to me. Maybe there's a lot of alleys and side passages left for me to explore though.
>>
>>378219053
>it will have shit gameplay
>sell like shit because it isn't fantasy or space fantasy so normalfags will ignore it
>other companies who make actually good games take notice and would rather not take the risk

The genre isn't meant to have a modern good game
>>
>>378219053
next year maybe, allegedly they've got the marketing campaign already planned out
>>
>>378217716
Go to youtube and type the witcher 3 builds.
I bet you never played the game.
>>
literally has nothing else going for it besides graphics
>>
>>378219284
finished game
its shit and you are cum snorting worthless faggot with no taste
>>
>>378219469
How did you build your Witcher, fag?
>inb4 i don't remember
You didn't even play the game, did you?
>>
meh tier
>>
>>378219626
I had a battle mage with 2 swords and a crossbow

I made him sarcastic and he was also super attractive to women.
>>
>>378217032
fuckin downers
>>
>>378217032
money is actually pretty hard to come by and is the limiting factor in crafting the most powerful equipment.
>>
>>378216531
RPG of the decade
>>
>>378219731
Battle mage?
Don't tell me that you went for a sign build.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!What a moron!!!
>>
>>378217098
it looks like you're rushing the game on easy mode.
Stop playing the main story and play the sude quests. Is it your first RPG or something?
>>
>>378219731
Hey I too made a sarcastic battle mage who used longswords (2) and a crossbow!
>>
>>378216984
same thing, also polack and i even unironically liked the books
>>
Criminally overrated
>>
eh it was pretty gr8 imo
>>
>>378216598
>>378216726
>>378216757
These
>>
>>378216531
A console shit worse than Fallout 4 and MGSV in every aspect, except the GoT tier story, which frankly I don't give a shit about.
>>
>>378216531
it's as good as triple-A RPG can get.
>>
>>378216531
It was OK.
>>
>Refuse to play it because I insist on playing the previous 2 first
>But can't get more than a few hours past 1 due to boredom
>>
>>378220709
The Witcher 1 is the best in the series.
>>
>>378217871
>*unsheathes quicktime*
>>
>>378217567
>>378217567
i don't think you know what cuck means
>>
>>378220709
witcher 1 gets fun in act 2
>>
>>378220584
>worse than fallout 4
holy shit kill yourself
>>
>>378217871
>USING MY FUCKING WEBMS

FUCK THE FUCK OFF
>>
>>378220925
At least FO4 excelled at being a loot and shoot grinding open world exploration game with decent settlement building. The combat still has more depth as well. And there are lots of mods.
>>
File: 1488219489692.jpg (73KB, 643x576px) Image search: [Google]
1488219489692.jpg
73KB, 643x576px
>>378216531
Completed it 3 times, what puts me off from replaying it again is that the game + expansions take so long to complete, a lot of it just feels like padding if you play it for the third time. Oddly enough I don't have a problem replaying the previous two games, probably because they're so short compared to the third game.
>>
>>378220338
same
books ftw (althought I couldn't get thru last tome, shame on me)
>>
>>378221276
fuck off todd
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.