[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are the Halo games SP campaigns worth playing? I got a cheap

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3

File: 4games.jpg (471KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
4games.jpg
471KB, 1920x1080px
Are the Halo games SP campaigns worth playing?

I got a cheap xbone and the Master Chief collection is going for $10 on keysites. I have no interest in MP though. Are the campaigns comparable to something like Gears Of War where they are interesting enough on their own and not just tutorials for MP?
>>
Absolutely yes.

Halo is one of the few FPS franchises that had good campaigns.
>>
Halo has one of the best stories of any FPS.
Halo 1 and 2 at least, 3 is okay. 4 is trash.
>>
1, 2, and Reach have good single player. The story goes full retard in 3.
>>
>>378215986
yes, Halo 1-3 campaigns are incredible by todays standards. Halo 3 in particular is magnificent
>>
>>378215986

Yes, Halo games are great.
>>
>>378216351
>>378216346
>the quality of the single player campaign has anything to do with the story
holy shit
>>
>>378215986
I bought a Xbone to play them and yes.

1-3 are GOAT
ODST and Reach are good
4 is mediocre
5 is shit
>>
File: 1458090339458.png (671KB, 850x917px) Image search: [Google]
1458090339458.png
671KB, 850x917px
>it's still not out on Wndows
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

WHY THE F#CK IS THIS ALLOWED?
>>
Yeah, they're a lot of fun. 3 is my favorite. Some really cool maps and metagame mode is great.
>>
>>378215986
getting mcc for the campaigns is worth imo. 1-3 are great. u can also buy the dlc for odst which is its own masterpiece. 4 was okay but not as good as the previous
>>
>>378216351
I still regret pre-ordering the $90 mastet edition of Halo 3, mate and I finished the game in a single afternoon and found the multiplayer unusable for almost a month after release. by the time it was connecting, the servers were mostly empty unless it was after 4pm.
>>
> tfw Huge halofag but no xbone

This and Rare-replay are my only temptation to get a Xbone, but I still can't bring myself to do it.
>>
>>378216613
i dont know why microsoft doesnt want to make more money senpai. i just want to play custom games in 3 again
>>
I recently got to play through the first three games - as well as ODST and Reach - with a friend, after not playing them for years. Great fun and worthwhile campaigns to play.

I'd never played Reach before and was really impressed by it too.
>>
>>378216769
I only got mine because it was going for 70 bucks used on craigslist and it was like new in the box still.

I have to say i was massively suprised with sunset overdrive, its a great game. But other than that i literally just wanted it for gears remaster, halo remaster and red dead redemption in backwards compatability.
>>
>>378215986
I replayed Halo remastered campaign co-op with a buddy two months ago.
Halo 1 was absolute crap. People defending it because it was their first FPS. It's a boring snoozefest.
Halo 2 was surprising after the bore that was 1. More enjoyable but not excellent.
We stopped halfway through Halo 3, which was very mediocre, especially after playing the second one.
Also, if you plan on playing the remastered collection, play with original textures as the new ones are fucking atrocious. Seriously, what were they thinking?
>>
>>378216769
>Got an X1 and MCC solely to relive the Halo 3 custom days
>Loved playing through the original campaigns
>None of my friends ever got on even if they owned it
I'm still mad, I get that it's still busted but jesus
>>
>>378216769
I know that feelerino.

I'll probably get it in 5 years when it's 50 dollarydoos.
>>
>>378216517
Okay, enjoy Cortana slowing down the game to cry at you every five minutes.
>>
>>378217043
Well done contrarian. Now be gone
>>
>>378216769
I bought one for LITERALLY those games only. knowing it plays 4k blu rays as well makes it worth it
>>
>>378217313
that's halo 4 dumb dumb which is awful shit
>>
>>378217619
No, it's 3. When Cortana is a helpless damsel in distress held captive by the Flood dude. The game slows down so she can cry and beg you to come save her.
>>
>>378217772
>Game also slows down to have Gravemind taunt you
Is gravemind a damsel too?
>>
>>378217879
yes
>>
>>378216351
>1, 2, and 3 have good single player. The story goes full retard in Reach.
ftfy, you should be shot.
>>
>>378219445
Reach is the best game in the series.
>>
>>378217313
>this mother fucker would rather play through a piece of shit that fucked Halo gameplay why having one of the more shitty stories and boring campaign in the entire series
>we actually have shitheads like this in our fabase
These mother fuckers need to be purged.
>>
>>378219578
Shoot yourself, you're not a Halo fan.
>>
>>378215986
Yes.
I never played Halo myself and beat MCC like a year ago.
I played on Normal first time and didn't really like the gameplay/areas. With that difficulty I just ran past everything without trouble.
Maybe 4 months ago I beat MCC on Legendary and it was complacently different experience. Even though a lot of rooms my look same but enemy placement and strategies to have to approach different situations with makes it a lot more memorable.

Also while you're playing get Terminal guide video and watch terminal video in every level.
>>
>>378219696
lol
>>
>>378219578
Reach started the downfall of Halo, i wasn't surprised when Halo 4 went more into the cawadudy route that Reach started
>>
>>378216715
The fuck are you talking about? Halo 3 had a fuckhuge population online for years after release, it was either the most, or one of the most, played games on xbox live at least until 2010.
>>
>>378216850
They'd have to fix MCC first, and god knows 343 are incapable of doing that.
>>
You gotta buy ODST separately, just a heads up. It was only free for the people who had to sit through the shitshow of a launch.

1,2,ODST and 3 are great, 4 has really good moments but its pretty mediocre.

As least its not as bad as Reach's campaign, outside of the characters and music that shit was boring
>>
>>378219609
>>378219696
I never claimed to be part of your Halo fan club, nerds.
>>
File: 1398443534298.jpg (87KB, 818x443px) Image search: [Google]
1398443534298.jpg
87KB, 818x443px
>>378216715
>found the multiplayer unusable for almost a month after release
The hell was wrong with your internet service?
>>
>>378215986
Halo is defined by it's campaigns, the original trilogy is a masterpiece, comparable to HL2 and it's Episodes.
>>
Absolutely nigga. Halo 1-3 were some of the the best fps campaigns in my opinion. Me and my friends used to co-op through those like every single day. They're great. Never touched 4 though so I can't speak for that one. Saw the first 10 minutes and it seemed very unappealing
>>
>>378217076
Halo 3 custom games are dead. We will never have something that comfy.
>>
>>378215986
Yes, buy the ODST DLC for $5 as well.
>>
>>378220284
inb4 halo online shills
>>
>>378216715
I played launch, it worked just fine.

It was populated for 8 fucking years.
>>
>>378216346
>>378216351
>3
>anything but great
You both need a lobotomy
>>
>>378219823
No you're not see this guy >>378219878, Reach can barely even be called a fucking Halo game, dare calling the piece of shit the best in the series means that you never really played a Halo game to begin with.
>>
>>378220119
Oh so you're not a Halo fan, then get the fuck off the thread you fucking COD child, your words mean shit since you;re not actually a Halo fan. Also I'm the guy who post both of those comments.
>>
>>378215986
>CE
Great self contained story and introduction to the universe. Not super deep or anything.

>2
Ends in a cliffhanger and there's hardly any action taking place on Earth, contrary to the promotional material, but is otherwise great.

>3
Mediocre story that tries and sorta succeeds at making up for the lack of any Finished Fights in 2, plus thanks to complaining by Chief fags there's nothing more to the Arbiter's story. He's just a coop skin for player 2 basically. Still worth playing.

>Reach
Trash

Thankfully Bungie nixxed the franchise at this point so Microsoft couldn't run it into the ground even more. RIP in peace Halo.
>>
>>378215986

1-3 are some of the greatest games I have ever played. 4 was mediocre and a significant step down in terms of quality.

3 is one of the greatest games of all time.
>>
>>378220831
*you're
>>
>>378220606
Those times were the Devs/publishers wanted more people to play their games, just like the BFBC spin off that started the downfall of Battlefield, Rainbow Six going into the cover and shoot mechanics or Ghost Recon going full Gears of gear
>>
>>378221410
That was the worst time to be fans of those series, I hoped that Halo would stay away from that garbage and stay itself since I remember Halo 3 being one of the last console FPS that was just itself and not trying to be other game's but then Reach happened. Many third person shooters turning into Gears is why I'm no longer really fond of the ip anymore and wanted Microsoft to move on from it.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.