[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Valve @ E3 2017

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 12

File: valve.png (1KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
valve.png
1KB, 300x168px
Will it happen?
>>
>>378213785
The Fairy RPG?
>>
>>378213785
god i wish, but no.
>>
>>378213785

Valve doesn't make games anymore.
>>
>Gaben rolls onto stage
>"You can now buy underwear in Counter-Strike Global Offensive. We hope you have a good E3"
>rolls back to Washington
>>
>>378214194
Are there going to be diaper versions?
Asking for a friend, haha
>>
>"We are proud to announce additional skins/hats/accessories"
>"We are working to improve Steam by reducing gifting to different regions to curb GTA key resellers"
"We are working on improving the VR experience and optimizing TF2 to use VR"
>>
File: NotSoFuckinLittleMac.png (2KB, 242x209px) Image search: [Google]
NotSoFuckinLittleMac.png
2KB, 242x209px
>>378213785
>10 year anniversary of EP2
THIS YEAR'S THE YEAR, I CAN FEEL IT

If not, October 10th should be national 'shit on Valve till they say some shit about Half Life' day
>>
>>378214194
>Gabe rolls on stage
>"Half Life 3 is now on steam for free"
>He then turns to the jumbotron and starts flipping it off while every other E3 attendee logo shows

It will never happen, but i would probably shit myself laughing
>>
>>378213785
they fucked up with hl3, maybe they got too ambitious and the project ended up in development hell. Then in the mean time they got too rich to care and the original development team all left. So people who are more of shitty steam developers types\ jewish scammer type should try and release an overhyped game that would be probably be demolished even if it was actually good for how over hyped it is... mmmh... not going to happen.

the over hype also means that even if they developed it, they would play it super safe so no interesting game play or shit like that (gotta play it safe)

what they could do if they cared would simply release all the beta shit they developed until now and let the fans reassemble the pieces into their ideal hl3 or something
>>
They are going to announce a spin off game a la Opposing Force
That would shut the people who want HL3 and it doesn't need to live up to the hype
>>
>>378213785
never
>>
>gaben rolls onto stage

We're happy to announce that we will be rereleasing half-life and half-life 2 parts 1 and 2 for the nintendo switch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eHmVjmHOZQ
>>
File: dev-days-2016.png (394KB, 1171x498px) Image search: [Google]
dev-days-2016.png
394KB, 1171x498px
Valve does their own events now in October.

It wouldn't surprise me to see them announce some new games this year as a way to show off how their work on AMDGPU+RadV has gone. By that point AMDGPU should support Freesync monitors and RadV should be as fast or faster than AMD's official Vulkan driver with Vega cards.

Not sure I'd expect to be able to play them on Windows though.
>>
>the lights completely darken
>you hear a large rumbling sound as Gaben hobbles to center stage
>"Ahem."
>a single orange 3 is displayed on the screen
>Gaben exits stage left
>>
>>378217161
>the three turns into the e3 logo
>Loud groans of disappointment of the crowd
>>
File: 1447274512872.jpg (131KB, 485x458px) Image search: [Google]
1447274512872.jpg
131KB, 485x458px
>>378213785
>>
>>378217161
>Complete eerie silence fills the room after the crowed is finally done cheering for 15 entire minutes
>The 3 is still on the screen
>The silence goes on for an entire 5 more minutes
>Suddenly a microphone can be heard adjusting from backstage, breaking the silence
>A familiar voice to some can be heard faintly
>And then
>PEGGLE 3
>>
File: 1495228935920.gif (2MB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
1495228935920.gif
2MB, 250x188px
they're going to keep half life 3 on the back burner until the fans get upset enough to demand it, but most valve fans have gaben on such a pedestal that they've got plenty of time before that happens
>>
>>378217161
Simply epic fellow redditor!
>>
>three 3s appear on screen one after the other
>one 2 appears
>The Orange Box 2
>Portal 3
>Team Fortress 3
>Half Life 3

The only way for Valve to redeem themselves at this point
>>
>>378218019
they are working on 3 games atm
I'm guessing at least two of them are VR shit
>>
>>378218308
All three of them are VR shit.
That's pretty much confirmed.
One of them will just be Half Life 2 VR.
You can screencap this.
>>
>E3 2017
>some conference
>suddenly lights dim completely
>after a moment 3 appears on screens around the stage
>crowd goes wild shitting themselves
>low humming sound is baarely heard above the crowd
>it's Gaben being rolled onto stage by a pair of bulldozers
>after he is in the center the dozers get off but Gaben lets out huge fart
>some audience lose conciousness others lose their lives
>hello it's me gabe newell from valve
>today we are pleased to announce
>gaben smiles like a retard while crowd goes wild
>release of Half Life 2, Portal 2 and Left 4 Dead 2 on xbone, ps4 and nintendo
>crowd goes mad and people start slaughtering each other while roof opens and gaben is lifted out by a crane
>>
>>378213976
This meme again
>>
What happen? They finally shit themselves to death?
Hopefully yes, probably not.
>>
File: 1492633636506.jpg (42KB, 712x712px) Image search: [Google]
1492633636506.jpg
42KB, 712x712px
>>378217785
It looks like you're new here. I joined about five years ago so I still feel a little new, but looks like you're fresh off the boat.

Disregard the rest of this message if you're looking for an argument; I'm leaving the thread after this. But if you're looking for an education, carry on.

What do you hope to accomplish?
The problem lies within your own head that you want to make it a bad thing. Why?
Are you that concerned with others?
Anon, that's not a healthy way to live. Happiness comes from within you, and the moment you stop allowing yourself to be triggered, you can start becoming happy.

Anon, it'd be an easy guess you're on a path to suicide. Many people with your mindset are. It's not a bad choice, but there's better. For it to be a bad choice you must acknowledge that good and bad exists. But Good and bad do not exist, merely our perception that is then perpetuated by expectations. The true answer is that everything that happens is the best possible thing that could have happened, given the circumstances when you factor in a universal consideration rather than an approximal one. The world's a lot bigger than you, anon.

I've collected a few resources. I'd suggest Stoicism, anon. It's a wonderful philosophy that started by the ancient Greeks and Romans that allows happiness to come from within, even in the midst of stress, triggers, and seemingly unfortunate situations.

You can start with this link, https://dailystoic.com/stoic-reading-list/ which will give you good resources. I especially like Marcus Aurelius's notes to himself, (http://seinfeld.co/library/meditations.pdf
). It's a neat "self-help" book in the literal sense that he wrote notes to himself to help. It's helped me battle bi-polar and a depression that's cost me two jobs. I'm happily at my third, seeing a therapist as well.

So, what do you choose anon?
>>
File: Screenshot_3.png (764B, 148x20px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_3.png
764B, 148x20px
>>378218726
got you m8
>>
File: 1378389033522.jpg (76KB, 800x676px) Image search: [Google]
1378389033522.jpg
76KB, 800x676px
>>378218019
>Portal 3
Only if by 'redeem' you mean 'reaffirm their status as the reddit company'.
Portal 2 was a stupid and unnecessary cash grab only liked by braindead moron who are happy to see GLaDOS again (and a shittier, less witty and less sophisticated version of GLaDOS at that). They wanted to go in a completely fresh and new direction but chicked out at the last moment, choosing instead to rehash Portal 1 but with a bigger budget and easier puzzles.
So what could they POSSIBLELY add in Portal 3 to make it worth an entire new game?
>>
>>378219059
9/11 for accurate capture.
>>
File: Gimme a Hug.png (300KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Gimme a Hug.png
300KB, 500x500px
When was the last time anything Valve related was at E3 again?
>>
>>378219491
Fourteen years
>>
>>378219491
6 years
>>
>>378218941
>meme

The last game they designed and developed all on their own was Portal 2, many years ago.
>>
>>378213785
THE STATE OF HALF-LIFE FANS LMAO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jczk-nF3gHA
;_;(
>>
>>378219613
Exactly, "many years ago", which is fine.
They are an indie studio, they don't have to shit out a new game ever year anon, they can take as much time as they want.
Their last game was 5 years ago, that's the time between each TES game, and really isn't a very long time.

Not to mention, in those 5 years they made Source 2, a new physics engine, VR stuff, steam box, steam OS, steam controller, constant updates for their most popular games.

That's more than most studios out there put together, and the fact that they made a new engine and physics engine is proof that they are working on games.
>>
>>378219802
>gabe: "We could bring it back to life"
>"No it gotten already so old, everybody has forgotten about it anyway.
>Throws 90% completed sourcecode in lava
>>
fuck valve
>>
File: 1493600261239.png (661KB, 717x474px) Image search: [Google]
1493600261239.png
661KB, 717x474px
>>378219942
I don't give a shit about Half Life
Just gimme Portal 3 or Source 2 Gmod
>>
>>378219573
>>378219585
fuck
>>
>>378219942
Are you Pcbros fucking blind? How can you not just SEE what a shitty company they are?
>>
>Gabe rolls in on a scooter
>Stops in the center, slowly rotates towards audience
>Stage lights darken
>Screen turns on
>"3" appears first
>"Half-Life" slowly fades in next
>Finally, "D" appears after the 3
>Half-Life 3D is just HL2 for VR
>>
>Gabe walks on stage with his bare feet
>Announces Half Life 3 and publish date
>4chan goes apeshit
>>
>>378220386
No, we're not blind. If you pay attention you can see all the work Valve are doing out in the open on open source infrastructure projects. They're not just sitting on a pile of money like the Microsoft astroturfers want you to believe.
They don't need to shit out a new game every year. They make a ton of money off of their evergreen titles, which they keep well maintained with regular updates, and a fair bit off of running Steam and providing other services to developers.
>>
>>378221023
>doing out in the open on open source infrastructure projects
Like what? Vulcan?
Or the desperate and tragically doomed attempt at making Linux a viable gaming platform?
>>
>Gaben rolls onto stage
>annouces he's going back to Microsoft
>closes down Steam
>streams incomplete build of Half-Life 3 on Periscope
>Chet and Eric go back to running Portal of Evil
>>
>>378221204
Valve employees maintain SDL which is essentially a cross-platform solution to everything in DirectX except for Direct3D
Yes, they also maintain a lot of utilities for Vulkan as well as contribute to RadV an open source Vulkan driver.
They also contribute more generally to Mesa which is a broad open source drivers project.

>Or the desperate and tragically doomed attempt at making Linux a viable gaming platform?
Even if that's the case, they have to try or Microsoft with Windows 10 S will destroy PC gaming as we know it with no resistance.
Just this last week saw more AAA releases and announcements for Linux as it closes in on the 3500 games mark.
With the Linux release of Total War Shogun 2, and the announcement that Dawn of War 3 would get a Linux version with exclusive Vulkan support.
>>
>>378214194
man it's been so long since valve's done anything i forgot all about those >gaben rolls onto stage jokes
i miss them
>>
>>378213976
Didn't Valve recently state they were working on three full games?
>>
File: il_570xN.927307734_loe4.jpg (54KB, 570x858px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.927307734_loe4.jpg
54KB, 570x858px
>>378219262
Where did GLaDOS hit you, son?
>>
>>378220386
How exactly are they shit anon?
I've been liking them since Half-Life and have been using Steam since 2004, flawless experience.

Literally the ONLY shit move they made was with paid mods, which when you really look at it is completely irrelevant since it affected only the workshop, the nexus was gonna stay free.

They made only god tier games, and as far as I know, they're the only company that allows you to make real money by just selling crates you got from playing. I honestly can't find a single bad thing about them.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.