[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is warframe even worth playing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9

File: 2017-05-27-21-54-14-1219086199.jpg (10KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-27-21-54-14-1219086199.jpg
10KB, 205x246px
I've been playing warframe for over a month now. Latley I've watched many vids on how rhe older players quit do to the actions of the devs. Only makes me wonder if ill just be the same in a year.
>>
No.

It's a hollow shell of what it used to be.
>>
Warframe is a great free game but it suffers from many problems as a result of it. Think of what they could do if they charged for it.
>>
File: wrftm.jpg (15KB, 262x110px) Image search: [Google]
wrftm.jpg
15KB, 262x110px
>>378212179
No. Picrelated.
>>378213535
>It's a hollow shell of what it used to be.
Nah, its' better now. They're much close to balance than before. Of course it's something when balance is at 0, previuos state of game was -100000 balance and current one are -90000. But still wf is better now.
>>
"The big update" Killed it, dont waste your time.
>>
>>378212179
They nerfed tonkor, game is dead to me. They've probably nerfed ash's 4 as well by now.
>>
>>378214665
Warframe was supposed to be shooter, where you can also cast spells and swing swords. Due to some mechanics it was turned into diablo3-like grinding simulator. But slowly, beginning from SotR update, op things are nerfed/reworked, and game starts to take shape of what it supposed to be since beginning.
>>
>>378212179
2k hours here, just dive in. I've quit but might come back someday.

Shit's a watch TV + grind deal, it's a braindead game. If you like Diablo and such ARPGs, you'll fit right in. The endgame is the trade chat and you're supposed to separate platinum from the kids so that you could buy cool armor and colors for your frame to look cool.

You can be endgame ready for 30 hours if you really know what you're doing. Slap 5$ on a 75% discount for ~400 plat to buy weapon and frame slots, or jew kids out of their plat on the trade chat.

You will quit eventually, but hey, that's every game ever.
>>
>>378214918
>Casting spells breaks going fast
>Potato's in general becoming a bigger part of gameplay
>The resources are so fucking numerous now it's nearly impossible to tell what's for what unless you've been doing this for years.
>Each new resource is also always in higher demand with newer gear, and collecting it becomes more and more obtuse.
>By the time you hit rank 13, you lean the rest is mostly for e-peen.
It really doesn't help that the storyline has no fucking clue what it really wants to make with itself, but it also can't stop shoving itself in our face nowadays.
>>
>>378214918
>Warframe was supposed to be shooter, where you can also cast spells and swing swords. Due to some mechanics it was turned into diablo3-like grinding simulator.
KEK what it turned into was people afk spamming min maxed aoe bullshit that clears the whole map while trinity batteries/invuls everyone
Guns were a joke, and melee even more so
nullifers were supposed to 'add some variety to melee' but they were added purely to stop the power spam, as a never ending wave game meant even weak ass nully base health and armor was going to scale beyond pissweak melee hits
Think about that unit for a second. If that unit only had a PERSONAL shield, like corpus, that was yellow, and still only did what they do, it would be fucking retarded. Blocks crits and powers. Hey lets make it a giant bubble that other enemies cluster inside of.
>>
>>378214818
They nerfed ash's 4 at least a year before they nerfed tonkor, what the fuck are you smoking?
>>
>>378215516
most of old warframe fucks don't play the game for a long time but still bitch about it,
myself included. Tonkor was a shame especially because nobody uses it, even before the nerf, people just went back to the Soma or Hek or some other fun to use rifle. Tonk got the noobcannon reputation, but was a priceless tool in the newer player's toolkit, a strong, easy to build gun that was very grateful to forma investment. Everyone had one in their closet and the tonk saw use on heavy sorties and such shit, but it was rarely seen in the wild.

My biggest sad was when they removed the grenadejump other players from the tonk, me and my pal had a launch mesa for aerial turret action with the tonk and greedy mag.
>>
>>378212179

Warframe is 5/10.

If you enjoy low engagement gameplay numbers and playing dressup, it's fine.

If you enjoy challenging gameplay, clever stories, good world building, good art direction and music, don't play Warframe.

It's basically a mobile game that is constantly changing with no sense of direction. For those who still play, what the fuck were they thinking when they designed Octavia?
>>
its a game that you "beat" in a sense after 1k hours, atleast for me thats where i just felt like i did absolutely everything and the gameplay is no longer fun enough to sustain the grind
>>
File: 1494279950634.jpg (64KB, 540x606px) Image search: [Google]
1494279950634.jpg
64KB, 540x606px
>Equinox comes out
>Decide I NEED to farm it
>Have to make two separate frames
>THEN combine them
>Which takes even more time
>Takes multiple days just to craft it
>Get it finally
>It's not even that good

Stop playing as I realize how much time I've wasted. You can do some crazy robo ninja shit in Warframe but god damn does it have some sobering moments.
>>
>>378219194
>Equinox
>not good
>he doesn't realize that Equinox is the most overpowered frame in the game
Yeah sure.
>>
>>378212179
Absolutely not
>>
Fuck warframe, tDE killed coptering and deserves to burn for it.

>>378219194
>scaling damage
>not the best frame in the damn game
>>
>>378219312

It is when I've been playing fucking Valkyr forever. I'm used to being an invincible melee god.
>>
>>378212179
I stopped playing shortly after they reworked the system map.

Shame since I bought 2 primes, probably would have gone for a few more if I had stayed.

Easily 400+ they lost out on
>>
Warframe died when warbros did
>>
File: excal feels the grind.png (192KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
excal feels the grind.png
192KB, 500x500px
>>378219423
Valk isn't even a good god frame. Stop being a shitter.
>>
>>378219423
Valkyr is shit though, easily the worst tank frame in the game. If you were playing Chroma you'd have a better time.
>>
File: 1494472343425.jpg (110KB, 680x677px) Image search: [Google]
1494472343425.jpg
110KB, 680x677px
>>378219194

when the grind became the only thing that was fun, I quit that game.

>Oh shit, I want maxed out x mod / frame
>grind for 10 hours
>get it
>oh.... uh.... huh.... theres nothing to do now.... no content to use this op frame for.... fuck, guess ill do another survival farming mats
>>
File: 1488088287222.jpg (77KB, 518x768px) Image search: [Google]
1488088287222.jpg
77KB, 518x768px
>>378219498

You should've given this advice a year ago when I was still playing I don't even care anymore.
>>
>>378219423
Valkyr was my fun "playing with friends" frame who kept complaining that I wouldn't stop rushing my mouse wheel like a spastic.
>>
>>378212179
I wanted a game I can go fast in, & I found it. I used this game to sate my fetish for fast. When I was done with it & the grind started to grate at me, I threw it away like used toilet paper.
So yes, it's worth playing until you feel bored of it. Don't get too invested into the grind. That's about it.
>>
File: 1466506114180.jpg (1MB, 1440x1728px) Image search: [Google]
1466506114180.jpg
1MB, 1440x1728px
>>378212179
>>
File: wf.jpg (16KB, 551x101px) Image search: [Google]
wf.jpg
16KB, 551x101px
>>378215434
>melee a joke
Joke's on you, a year ago I could outdamage everyone with atterax
>>
Warframe has a great art style, great movement, great gunplay and it runs amazingly well. Optimization on this game is insane.

The problem is that there isn't much varation to it and you end up just doing the same shit over and over again. Warframe should be called grindframe, if you can't accept mass grinding then don't play it.

The division is a better game but you will quit it quicker because it gives you all your stuff without too much hassle. People put thousands of hours into warframe because of the grind.

I really like Warframe, mainly for the things I said in the first paragraph but I think it's going to lose so much money when Destiny 2 comes out.
>>
I described warframe to a friend:

>Imagine mass effect 2
>with almost no story
>with no greater purpose to play other than loot whoring and the fun of shooting stuff
>with geater mobility, jumping around with shooting etc
>with grinding of planets for mass amounts of weapons and armors that you can craft from farmed components
>with low low drop rates
>where crafting anything takes 1-3 days

That's warframe.
>>
>>378214818
Aww a tonkbaby
>>
>>378212179
its good until endgame where it all falls apart.
no balance in anything what so ever.
no reason or incentive to keep playing besides grinding to get worse equipment for the sake of having it.
>>
File: 1493561618067.jpg (757KB, 2560x2560px) Image search: [Google]
1493561618067.jpg
757KB, 2560x2560px
>>378212179
I haven't played since the beta ended, how much the game has changed? anyone know?

the last update I saw was the dojo
>>
grind to get gear
grind to get a chance to grind somewhere better
grind somewhere better to get better gear
grind hard, just so you can grind harder
>>
>>378224432
>Beta ended

Nope, DE's still clinging to that word like a starving child to a tit.
>>
>play for first time
>have great time
>get the rhino frame and some new weapons
>want to get new weapon, all I need is three pieces of this rare item
>go to map where it drops
>play mission
>nothing drops
>play again
>nothing drops
>play once more
>nothing drops
>two hours completely wasted
>uninstall and quit

Completely waste of time after initial fun wears off.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.