[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How has it affected your life?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 8

File: 06121957756l.jpg (10KB, 477x249px) Image search: [Google]
06121957756l.jpg
10KB, 477x249px
>before Denuvo

I was a smelly gamer/ hippie and a PUA

>after Denuvo

Successfully working 9-5 in a job I hate and married to a herpatic used good in her 30's (she too old to bang Chads now)
>>
>>378207517
It made me wait a bit to play Nier Automata, and that's about it.
>>
>>378207517
>How has it affected your life?
Positively.
I'm having so much fun poking both sides in endless Denuvo/piracy threads on /v/.
>>
File: eb6.jpg (42KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
eb6.jpg
42KB, 604x453px
>>378207517
>>
>>378207649
Why not both?
>>
>>378207517
>How has it affected your life?
Not at all. I pirate everything.
>>
>>378207842
>Not at all. I pirate everything.
How did you like Dishonored 2?
>inb4 non cracked games are all shitty, not worthy of anyone's attention
>>
>>378207974
even buyfags haven't played dishonored 2
>>
>>378207517
>go to buy a game
>see if it has Denuvo before purchasing it
>don't buy it if it does
Only time it has really affected me is with Tekken 7, since they only brought up Denuvo less than a week before launch so I had to get a refund.
>>
File: imrs.jpg (34KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
imrs.jpg
34KB, 480x320px
>>378207517
>before Denuvo
I alway did a try before i buy.
>after Denuvo
I always do a try before i buy.

Check mate denuvofags.
>>
Let's be real here, Denuvo really only affects the impulse "gotta have it nooooooooooooow!" fags who sperg out over every new release because it's shiny.

I mostly stick to pirating old games that are now dead or playing indie titles, and denuvo has absolutely no affect on either of those.
>>
>>378207517
>before Denuvo
work 9-5 job, pirate day 1

>after Denuvo
work 9-5 job, pirate day x

luckily all the denuvo games I wanted to play have been cracked already
>>
Still the same self loathing person and proud pirate who gets smug as every Denuvo version gets cracked
>>
>>378207517
I hope a good anti-piracy measure gets established and becomes the norm as well as developers releasing demos.
If there were demos, there's literally no reason to pirate unless you're poor.
>>
>>378210814

That's one of the things that drives the market really. As long as it's new people will drool over it. To various degrees obviously.

Just like that battlegrounds game is famous now. It took over h1z1. I can't understand the hype around battle royale type games.
The videotape industry crash should finally happen. I want it to die. The last slightly interesting game we've gotten is Prey. And thats only because it vaguely reminds me of system shock 2 and deus ex gameplay.
>>
File: 1495354832035.jpg (3MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1495354832035.jpg
3MB, 2000x2000px
>>378208074
>friend buys Dis2
>spends ages trying to get it working
>tries to play it with the constant FPS drops
>takes it over the 2 hour refund window
>we both have NASA rigs
>mfw i bought it as well but it decided to work on my system

Dishonored 2 is a prime candidate for "pirate before you buy" because of this and it's kinda funny that it can't be done
>>
>>378207517
>Before Denuvo
I pirate games
>After Denuvo
I pirate games
>>
>>378211239
Get over yourself you fucking child. That defeatist 'woe is me' attitude is annoying, grow up.
>>
File: my current backlog.jpg (261KB, 1124x659px) Image search: [Google]
my current backlog.jpg
261KB, 1124x659px
>>378210814
>Denuvo really only affects the impulse "gotta have it nooooooooooooow!" fags
You mean subumans, that preorder anyways??

Most serious gamers are moving to GOG or have moved there a long time ago.
No DRM and no social crap/side apps pushed in your face it elder god tier.

I have so many good games on my backlog that i don't know what to start right now...
>>
>>378211224
>implying they will be retarded to let players get a taste or their bland shit that noone would had bought instead.
>>
>>378211618
That's why it would be good. Forcing people to actually make fun games.
>>
>>378211224
>as well as developers releasing demos
AHaha how young are you friend?
There is a reason we don't get demos anymore.
See this for reason >>378211618
Demos equal lost sales.
>>
>>378211698
Piracy does the same thing you fag.
>inb4 not true
See TW3 for proof faggot.
All games that are released on GOG and do well despite them being DRM free is proof.

Salty publishers like EA/SE/Ubisoft will only keep loosing money by trying to sell garbage games by slapping DRM on them.
>>
>>378211764
Let me wish, fag.
PS4 has demos and Switch has "testfire" or whatever they call it for Splatoon 2 and ARMS.
PC games often have betas for multiplayer games but fairly often it's a preorder bonus or similar.

>>378211894
>EA/Ubisoft
Both have open betas for their multiplayer games. I don't know about SE though.
Only problem is that they're limited and can't be accessed after the game releases.
I'm pretty sure Battlefield/front, For Honor and Wildlands sold well enough.
>>
>Spent 100+ hours in Just Cause 2
>Really wanted to play Just Cause 3
>Never bothered due to Denuvo

>Played Dishonored
>Found it to be mediocre
>Wanted to play Dishonored 2 to see if it was an improvement
>Once never bothered due to Denuvo
I also heard that both games ran like ass, so I dodged two bullets.
>>
>>378211894
Also, Witcher 3 sold well because
>shilled everywhere
>small comfy studio and not evil big AAA corporation
>perfect normalfag open world, story focused bait
>very trusted developers
>amazing graphics in trailers before downgrade everyone forgot about
>cut content marketed as free DLC for cred

It wouldn't work for EA, Ubisoft or Square Enix to just stop using DRM.
>>
>before Denuvo

pirate everything day 1

>after Denuvo

pirate denuvo applications after they have been cracked
>>
>>378212567
r u a shill?
why are you worrying AAA corporation with bad practices not making money?

or r u retarded?
by your logic,
AAA corporation will have to stop their jew tricks and do honest business,
so piracy is actually a good thing.
>>
>>378212689
Should I bother pirating Prey? I did not like Bioshock at all.
>>
>>378212757
Eh it's mediocre, it looks exactly like Dishonored but in space, and I feel like it relies on jumpscares and spawning enemies out of your FOV to make the game feel tense, it might get better after the first mission but it didn't grab me instantly, and it's nothing like the original
>>
File: HORRYFUKKU.jpg (169KB, 1888x679px) Image search: [Google]
HORRYFUKKU.jpg
169KB, 1888x679px
>>378210418
>Tekken 7

I still can't believe they did that. 70% of it is in the multiplayer which you get fucked out of by not being capable of connecting to the steam server which is ain't gonna happen unless you bought it on steam.

What a wasted investment,seriously
>>
>>378212734
I'm not worrying AAA devs not making money, it's an evil circle that hurts both developers and consumers.
Demos would
>guarantee customers of what they get
>guarantee developers that they get the money they deserve
>>
>>378213010
>Eh it's mediocre, it looks exactly like Dishonored but in space
Guess I have no reason to play it then.
>>
>>378211239
>The videotape industry crash should finally happen

Fuck you I still watch Ogenki Clinic on a VHS tape and fap to it.
>>
>>378207517
yes, I play less games
and that's actually a good thing, because vidya is horrible atm
>>
>>378207517
>before Denuvo
I pirated a game if it interested me. I bought it if it was good.
>after Denuvo
I stopped buying games I couldn't try.
>>
>before Denuvo
Bought games on gog for whatever price i felt was good and games on steam for $10 or less

>after Denuvo
Bought games on gog for whatever price i felt was good and games on steam for $10 or less unless they have denuvo where i just don't bother at all
>>
File: 1407565413097.png (214KB, 500x341px) Image search: [Google]
1407565413097.png
214KB, 500x341px
>>378207517
>she too old to bang Chads now
Used goods are more fun to young boys
>>
>>378211515
Do you own any games released in the last decade, cockface?
>>
>>378207517
Before, I pirated new games and got disappointed. Now, I don't pirate anything and engross myself in STALKER or Metro or older games that I buy on Steam. I think it helped me.
>>
File: 1343237899006.png (374KB, 370x507px) Image search: [Google]
1343237899006.png
374KB, 370x507px
>Before Denuvo
Occassionally pirate games to try them. When I didn't make any money I simply pirated because I had no money
>After Denuvo
Big AAA games are too much of a gamble now, I just buy AA, indie or old games instead. I have stopped pirating current games as well.
>>
>>378215456
>When I didn't make any money

t. Car salesman
>>
>>378207517
>before Denuvo
PC's a toaster, so no new vidya for me

>after Denuvo
PC's a toaster, so no new vidya for me
Also embraced my weeaboo side and now I'm binging on PS3 japshit. Thank you Yakuza for turning me into a sonybro.
>>
>>378207517
None, cuz I'm not a smelly pcbro
>>
>>378210814
Lmao must sad being a poorfag
>>
>>378212567
kekeke

You are just mad that a DRM free game has outsold every single Denuvo game out there and some them Denuvo game combined.

kekeke

Denuvo shills mad that DRM free games are selling better.
>>
>>378216475
lel mad denuvokids foaming at pirate master race.
>>
Uncracked games just don't exist for me.
Problem solved.
If you always need to have played the fotm when everyone else is playing it then you are the cancer that is destroying literally everything
>>
I hardly pirate (or buy) modern AAA title, not because of their stupidly large sizes.

60 gigabytes, more like fuck off
>>
>>378217863
>Uncracked games just don't exist for me.
this
>>
>before Denuvo
Tried just about every game out there, even those I knew weren't amazing. Usually played them for a few hours, then dropped. I basically did not know what does it mean to "want to play a game but can't".
Then again, I ended up not enjoying 99% of those games, and those I did enjoy, I almost always bought eventually too.

>after Denuvo
Now there is a couple of games out there that I kinda want to play, but can't because lolnocrack, and I'm down on my cash, or don't want to waste it on what potentially could be crap.
That said, I actually realized that I don't mind. Those very few games I'm certain that are going to be good I can still buy, and not being able to play showel-ware like Just Cause 3 or latest CoD or Far Cry Primal for those few hours before I get bored of them just... does not really hurt me.

It just made me realize how little I actually depended on torrents. They were a nice option, but definitely not important to me. It did not affect my spending habits at all. I don't think I play less either. I'm a bit more conservative, I guess, but then again it's not like there is that much invovation on display these days.
>>
>>378211224
>Bethesda releases a demo for Prey
>Download it
>Realize it's shit and immediately delete it
>>
>>378214139
>because vidya is horrible atm
Just out of curiosity, when was it not horrible to you the last time?
>>
>>378218574
>Realize it's shit and immediately delete it
What was shit about it?
>>
>>378218594
Not him but TW3 was pretty awesome to me.
DRM free on GOG too.
>>
>before Denuvo
I pirated whatever I wanted because I was 16 and had loads of free time and no money

>after Denuvo
I'm 29 now with a stable job. I have more money than I know what to do with. I have less free time so I have to be more selective with my games. I pirate all I can but if it's really good I buy it afterwards. If the game can't be cracked I buy but I can refund it anyways.
>>
>>378218842
I liked TW3 too, but I'm more curious about eras than individual titles. Like "years X-through-Y was when it seemed that game is not awful".
>>
> Before Denuvo
Dirty console peasant that goes to retail stores to pick up my game disc.

> After Denuvo
Still a dirty console peasant, game disc now arrives inside my mailbox.
>>
>>378207517
>poor/piratefags get buttmad, when they can't have other people's work for free
>i found time to play through some of the best SNES and retro PC games.
>had a lot of fun while doing so, didn't cost me a cent
>piratefags still mad as shit that PC-gaming is slowly becoming a worthy investment for AAA gaming again

Honestly, i couldn't ask for something better if i wanted to.
>>
>>378218730
Level design, story, enemies, art style. A disgrace to the Prey IP.
>>
LMFAO! Awesome work guys! This thread is fucking awesome!
>>
>>378219173
>those salty denuvofag tears
I am never going to buy a denuvo game.
Even when a denuvo game is cracked i still won't buy it simply as a fuck you.

Whanna cry more denuvochild?
>>
>>378219261
>Level design, story, enemies, art style.
LEVEL DESIGN IS BAD IN PREY?!
OK, I promised myself to just be impartial and just inquire, but... This is just fucked up.

Also: disgrace to the IP of that one very bad shooter that was a dissapointment of Brink level? nu-Prey's story isn't amazing, but you are actually, SERIOUSLY claiming that it's worse than original Prey's story?
Do I actually have to remind you what original Prey was about?
>>
>before denuvo
piratefag not giving a shit
>after denuvo
still a piratefag still not giving a shit
>>
>>378217329
(you)
>>
>>378218574
So you saved $60! Aren't demos amazing?
Now, if it was a good game, they might have earned $60 that you wouldn't have spent unless you could try it first.

See, this is the good part about demos. There's basically no downsides.
I bought Dragon Quest Builders after playing the demo. Probably wouldn't unless I had watched a ton of videos to answer my questions.
>>
>>378220979
>So you saved $60! Aren't demos amazing?
Not really. They can incredibly easily mislead people (anyone who actually remembers the Demo's for original Prey and Rune, for an instance will confirm how completely front-loaded and misleading demos can be), they are very expensive to make, which means it can actually cut into the content of the game, and they don't really tell you anything basic googling could not already more easily provide you with.

There is a reason why demo's died. They are not nearly as good thing as they seem.
>>
>>378221378
I never played Prey and Rune's demos, but I feel like if they can make a demo fun, they should be able to do it for the base game.
I guess google part makes sense, though, but there's a lot of questions you can easily get answers for.
>does the game run well on my system?
>does the game even start on my system?
>does the game have a FOV slider?
>does the game have good support for my input choices?
>can you disable effects like motion blur and chromatic aberration?
>does the game control well, is the movement good?

Trying for yourself is worth a lot, and now that internet starts being pretty cheap in most developed country, a lot of people could download a ~10GB demo and delete it the same day if it's no fun.
Block off a small area in the city in GTA V, have a couple weapons and cars in that area and a mission to do one or two specific things and you'd have a good demo for that. It's not that much effort, is it?
>>
>>378222151
>I never played Prey and Rune's demos, but I feel like if they can make a demo fun, they should be able to do it for the base game.
They should. But that does not mean they will. In case of Human Head, they never did. And they were by far not the only people doing this shit. Many developers, including Human Head treated their demo the same way Gearbox treated their "vertical slice" gameplay for Alien Colonial Marines.

>Trying for yourself is worth a lot
Trying the GAME, yes. Trying a demo is not the same as trying the game though. To me, it makes a hell of a lot sense to do it Steam-style. Get to play the actual game, risk free, for a couple of hours. It's definitely not perfect (risk of a front-loading still exists, for an example), but it's not wasteful for the developer, it's more informative and you'll get the most important info: the way how well does the game agree with your particular specs.
Everything else can be found incredibly easily.
>>
>>378211515
The only thing on that picture that didn't age like sour milk is NoX and that's because Westwood Studios.
>>
>>378223285
You don't get a penalty for using your steam refunds too much?
It also requires you to have $60 in your steam wallet, last time I tried refunding to bank account I only got 2/3 or 3/4 of my money back. Rest was in taxes or something, can't remember.
Guess that's the only really good way of doing it, but it feels like if demos became the norm, people would call out companies like crazy for misrepresentation.
It would be way, way worse than misrepresentation in trailers, which are basically only for showing concept and getting people hyped.

I was mostly thinking of having demos as a standard in a world where anti-piracy measures actually work, as a sort of safety net for developers and consumers.

I guess you're right, though.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.