[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did the Vita fail? It's certainly fantastic hardware.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 16

File: PlayStation-Vita-1101-FL.jpg (57KB, 1200x732px) Image search: [Google]
PlayStation-Vita-1101-FL.jpg
57KB, 1200x732px
Why did the Vita fail? It's certainly fantastic hardware.
>>
No games with mainstream appeal so nobody except weebs bought one. Also, Sony pretty much gave up on making a good first party exclusive. If you're into niche Japanese games, it's a great console tho. I use mine a lot.
>>
memory card kikery
>>
memory card jewness and awful shit TERRIBLE games

plus animeNEETs don't have money or leave the house LMFAO
>>
>>378206561
I literally bought one to remote play my PS4, ended up getting Final Fantasy 1 through 10 though for around ~$60 total though so it's now a FF machine
>>
>>378206561
Capcom assassinated it.
>>
fewer steps forward than steps backward
>>
>>378206561
>fail
I'm assuming you mean "in the west".

> fantastic hardware
Lol no. Quad core ARM CPU clocked at 333 Mhz, Quad core PowerVR GPU clocked at 166 Mhz, and a slow memory bus. Games can request to overclock CPU to 444 Mhz and GPU to 222 Mhz, but network features will be disabled when doing so.

Not long after the Vita was released, smartphone's power increased exponentially, way more than Vita's. Plus, they do a lot more. So everyone and their grandma has one.

Western devs / publishers can't be convinced enough to produce A+ quality games on Vita with is anemic CPU and GPU, that only sells one time for $40, given Vita's small userbase. They can just jump into mobile's bandwagon, make angry bird / candy crush games, then cross their fingers hoping they'll hit the next jackpot. Not to mention Vita SDK costs yearly subscription fees.

The userbase also wasn't expanding as fast as Sony hoped, thanks to the launch price and expensive memory cards, and the fact that it's difficult / borderline impossible to hack.
>>
File: 1270110064610.jpg (357KB, 400x689px) Image search: [Google]
1270110064610.jpg
357KB, 400x689px
>>378206684
I use my almost exclusively to play Monster Hunter Portable 3rd with a decent camera.

So yeah, you make a good point.
>>
It did well in Japan because they love portable gaming there, it failed in the west because It mostly had weeb games and PS2 ports, if you think the Switch is a port machine, the Vita had it even worse, also, expensive memory cards that don't come with the system
>>
>>378206561
It didn't have monster hunter
>>
Literally no monster hunter.
They'll argue until their face turns blue, but this is all it took for it to fail.
3DS would not have had its success if MH3 and MH4 were not on the system.

Now the Vita is dead and Monster Hunter has degraded into anime flying tonfa particle splash.
>>
>>378207583
>Lol no.
Compared to the 3DS? Lol yes.
>>
Games felt like handheld games and not like actual games
>>
>no MonHun
But it had plenty of clones.
>>
>>378207989
>Megabloks are just as good as LEGO
>>
>>378206561
sony gave up on it, hard. they forgot it completely. the psp (outside of japan) other than the first two years was successful only because of how easy it was to pirate games for, and in japan because of monster hunter. vita had none of those, and when sony stops supporting it and giving a fuck third-parties have no reason to do so
>>
>>378207583
>I'm assuming you mean "in the west".
nope. it's the worst selling recent console in japan. i guess it sold more than xbox 360 and gcn but that's it.
>>
>>378207912
>3DS would not have had its success if MH3 and MH4 were not on the system.
yeah cuz ds failed with no monster hunter. nintendo has about 20 million sellers in japan on 3ds. 3ds saved capcom cuz they couldn't have made psp games forever and had to move somewhere and 3ds was just the right place. the reason the move to the more popular handheld didn't happen earlier was cuz ds couldn't handle it.
>>
>>378207583
>smartphone's power increased exponentially, way more than Vita's.
If that played a role in what got Vita, why didn't it get the 3DS? Was Vita more "smartphoney" in some sense?
>>
>>378206561
NO games.

Compare the 3DS library of nothing but the best handheld games ever made and then with the Vita and you see a vast gulf in difference in why nobody owns a Vita.
>>
>>378207906
>>378207912
This
>>
File: 7ef.jpg (29KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
7ef.jpg
29KB, 600x600px
>>378206561
Few consumers bought into the console at launch, so few big companies made games for the extremely specific hardware, given that it's very expensive and labor-intensive to make a port of a game like Borderlands 2 for it.

As such, the console stopped getting multiplats like Sony claimed it would in the initial marketing.

With few multiplats and few Vita-specific games that were tailored for the console from the ground up, customers had little reason to buy it.

The games on offer for the console remained few in number and niche in regards to their target demographics.

Given that customers didn't want to buy the console for the games that it had, the install base stayed small.

Given that the install base stayed small, few companies wanted to invest the man hours need to make a new game for the Vita/ port over an old one, as there simply weren't enough Vita owners around to sell games to to justify the labor.

With this continued lack of new games, customers still had no reason to buy a Vita.

With few customers buying Vitas, companies had little to no increased incentive to begin developing for the console.

This cycle would freeze in this state from the Vita's launch all the way until the end of its life cycle. Incidentally, the Wii U died for the exact same reasons.
>>
>>378208343
Who is the girl in this image? I've seen it probably thousands of time, but I've only realized I have no idea where it is from.
>>
File: sony-ericsson-xperia-play-4g.jpg (63KB, 577x465px) Image search: [Google]
sony-ericsson-xperia-play-4g.jpg
63KB, 577x465px
Do you think Sony will do another portable? Maybe something like the pic?
>>
File: 1283894248825.jpg (341KB, 1280x2872px) Image search: [Google]
1283894248825.jpg
341KB, 1280x2872px
>>378208383
She's from Seitokai Yakuindomo aka sex jokes the anime. More funny than it sounds.
>>
>>378206561
I'm sad it failed because the Vita is actually a nice piece of hardware. Buttons feels good and clicky and the oled screen looks gorgeous. But after hacking it I realized there's not a lot of games that I want to play.
>>
File: syd fist fucking their heart.jpg (117KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
syd fist fucking their heart.jpg
117KB, 1280x720px
>>378208383
>>
File: anal masturbation.png (954KB, 1323x743px) Image search: [Google]
anal masturbation.png
954KB, 1323x743px
>>378208406
>>
>people who shit on the Vita are poorfag nonpass holders
>>
>>378206561
No games that appeal to normalfags. It's an amazing console if you're into good games.
>>
>Vita
>>
>>378209353

The good games are there, but they're few and far between. Instead you're treated to a deluge of weeb-oriented shovelware.
>>
>>378208237
GBA and DS libraries were far superior.
>>
>>378206561
Cause of Sony's shit decisions about stuff - like trying to compete with mobiles hands on and pushing touch controls, also terrible prices for memory cards, and games didn't work without them! Not to mention that memory cards hardly were bundled with system.
And also Sony dropped support for console in like 2 years or so. Leaving it to die

People who right now think that sony will try and make a new handheld are fucking delusional
>>
File: 1495484733295.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1495484733295.png
2MB, 1280x720px
>>378206561
It was the overly expensive memory cards for me. Sony should have stuck with the pro duo format that they used in the PSP.
>>
>>378206561
Yes it's certainly fantastic hardware. It would have been nice if they also decided to make games for the stupid thing though. What they did with the memory cards didn't help things either.
>>
Should I get a Vita or a PSP? Kinda want to play FFT, Tactics Ogre, Jeanne D'Arc, Class of Heroes and Rondo so I'm leaning on the PSP, but I'm not sure what the Vita has to offer in the way of sRPGs and dungeon crawlers.
>>
>>378208394
Something that small would be far below the Switch in power. The Switch's battery alone is bigger than that.
>>
>>378207550
From what?
>>
>>378213264

The Vita has a ton of bargain bin dungeon crawlers. And Disgaea for SRPGs, I guess.
>>
>>378213598
>switch
>handheld
so far I see 3ds games coming out while the wii u got shitcanned, the switch is being treated like a home console
>>
>>378207919
It's a successful console regardless of what other consoles accomplished.
>>
>>378213779
Are any of them good tho? The NIS dungeon crawler looked pretty interesting to me, maybe enough to get a Vita, but since it's probably not getting localized, I'm fucked.
>>
>>378213989

The only one I tried which I enjoyed was Oreshika, which has some pretty unique mechanics on top of excellent graphics and music. It's not for everyone but it had me addicted for a while.
DT2 is supposed to be pretty good but it didn't hook me.
>>
File: fYPla7S[1].png (115KB, 664x1262px) Image search: [Google]
fYPla7S[1].png
115KB, 664x1262px
>>378208220
It definitely isn't
It's the second most sold console out of the modern variants over there, with the PS4 tying with the WiiU
>>
>>378208237
3DS library is shit compared to DS.
>>
>>378214254

Vita library is shit compared to the PSP.
>>
>>378206561
This is what PSP had that PS Vita does not:

Monster Hunter
MH clones
4 Metal Gear games that were all great
Mainstream fighting games
Unique puzzle games
just games in general

What Vita did get:
fuck all
buttfucking memory cards to store your nogaems on
>>
>>378214254
They both suck. Neither machine has anything to offer you unless you have a hardon for Atlus.
>>
>>378206561
smartphones

>PSP gets released
>mankind is super hyped, playstation pocket, holy crap
>all of those good vidya from ps2 gets its psp counterparts, good gods of war, persona portable, mgs peace walker
>and since devs are hyped for possibilities that powerful mobile device gives them, games are full-budget, well-made

>vita gets released
>everyone can already play on smartphones, meh
>devs release all of those big ps3 title counterparts with low budget, often outsourcing some random faggot smartphone-tier teams
>vita gets crappy uncharted, crappy killzone
>handful of good jrpgs
>at some point only good vidya is either original titles that no one is hyped for or japanese vidya for weebs
>meanwhile, 3ds gets all of good vidya it could, also bringing direct support for ds games without re-buying them, dominating already small not-smartphone-portable-vidya niche

hardware is least important part of console. Vita just got out in the very wrong times and haven't got care and love like 3ds got from nintendo
>>
>>378214387
I don't remember saying that Vita has the best library ever made.
>>
>>378214484

I'm agreeing with you that this generation of handhelds as a whole is a step down from the last one.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (86KB, 1046x476px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
86KB, 1046x476px
>>378214104
when was that list made?
>>
Library quality rating
GBA>PSP>DS>3DS>VITA
>>378214574
say thanks that it is still alive.
mobile could kill handhelds completely and you would be forced to stay with android/iOS contraptions with shit controls and emulators
>>
>>378206561
Would it be worth it to get one now and hack it? I do have a hacked 3DS already so I dunno if it would be worth it just for a few JRPGs
>>
>>378213779
Ive owned 2 psps and 2 vitas. Vita hardware is so much better than psp. It is like going from ps1 to a ps3.5. You can play all psp games on vita so why would you get a psp?
>>
>>378214808

Sure, whatever.
>>
>>378214808
I'd say so, tho most jRPG quality is kinda low, you probably will get shitload of time out of Disgaea 3 and 4.
>>
I will take if:
>pirate old games
>buy new games
But no, playing new games mean losing the hack. Fuck it.
>>
File: PSPVitacomparison.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
PSPVitacomparison.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>378214834
>You can play all psp games on vita so why would you get a psp?
cause 2D PSP games look like blurry shit on Vita
Pixel perfect PSP screeen is where it is at.
>>
>>378206561
>aimed at a market of gamers that sits between casuals and harcore gamers, but didn't really have titles that appealed to said gamers
>had titles that appealed to casuals, but the devise was too expensive for the casual market
>proprietary memory expansion cards that were expensive — memory usage for many titles was retarded and many people saw straight through the scammy practice
>did less than smartphones for around the same overall "price" (most everyone has phone contracts which makes them more accessible)
>smartphones' ftp model meant that casuals could readily switch between the latest craze for no financial outlay
>shit games
>did I mention it was expensive?
>>
>>378214834

Because you actually have the memory capacity to store a few games.

>>378215014

You can do 2x nearest neighbour scaling on the Vita. That's pixel perfect.
>>
>>378214834
Not even close.

PSP is Dreamcast-level, Vita is surely above the Xbox, but nowhere near PS360.

So, roughly a PS1.8 vs a PS2.5.
>>
>>378215078
>You can do 2x nearest neighbour scaling on the Vita. That's pixel perfect.
it's still blurry shit
lack of low-res grid which is natural for PSP lowres screen makes it worse. Lack of in between screen pixel space - results in blurriness of image
it's especially noticeable on fonts like in FFT, they are painful to read
I would love to use Vita for PSP games, I initially thought I'll do that exactly cause my PSP battery is dead. But no, in the end I just kept playing PSP games with PSP plugged in wall instead of using Vita.
>>
>>378215294

It's absolutely not. If anything, it's excessively sharp since the pixels are higher density.
Don't you understand what nearest neighbour means?
>>
>>378215375
it fucking is
go launch FFT on Vita
text is fucking hard to read after awhile cause how blurry it is. There is no such problem with PSP
Of course it's playable, sure. But in no way it looks as good as on PSP screen.
scaling works only for 3D games. scaling for 2D games almost always makes them look worse
>>
>>378215653

I did, and I agreed.
And then I went in settings and turned the bilinear filter off, and then it was just as good if not better.
Looks like I got my answer. You don't know what nearest neighbour means.
>>
GBA = SNES 1.5
DS = PS1.0
Dreamcast = `PS1.7
PSP = PS1.8
3DS = PS1.9
Vita = PS2.5
>>
>>378215964

>PSP over Dreamcast
>>
>>378215743
>nearest neighbour
no I don't cause I first time meeting this term, don't have time to google atm, English is not my native language.
>And then I went in settings and turned the bilinear filter off, and then it was just as good if not better.
Good for you. I mean really. After I got Vita I bought FFT and Disgaea immideatly, finally thinking that I can play without being tied to the wall.
NOPE. I tried switching that option on and off, looked all around the net if I miss anything. It's still looks shit to me. (getting to that menu is actually dumbest thing fucking ever, who the fuck designed UI for Vita, holy shit it's piece of crap)

In the end those games just forgotten on Vita and I just used my PSP almost right after buying Vita since then.
>>
>>378206561
not enough people bought it
>>
LETS talk about how Vita and PSP. Starting from day one. Keep in mind this is a handheld close to 10 years old and the PSP was gutted for far less...

>priced same as home console $249.00
>Got rid of any sort of UMDs or any way to swap games with friends in order to have people download from overpriced store (Keep in mind Sony didn't figure out a decent subscription model for another 3 years)
>1gb internal storage
>Only way to store games on it is with weird Proprietary over price memory card pushing coast of a functioning Vita over $300+
>80% of games for it are shitty ports of games I already own being sold at new game prices
>10% of games are mobile phone trash waste of space
>8% of originals are Vita exclusive that are garbage like diablo clone Silent Hill
>2% of originals are exciting and fun... and of that 2% 75% will be ported over to PS4 to get back to console top spot

Compare this to the regular PSP

>$249 price, but was also tech the world hadn't seen before in a handheld.
>UMD only failed because sony pictures had to push their shitty movies and throw a bitchfit when people don't wanna buy em
>60% ports, 40% originals and of the 40% originals 50% will be ported to PS2 or PS3
>People want 2nd Joystick, but is just as playable as DS
>While it has a weird memory stick, sony isn't the only one shitting them out and you can buy a smaller size Mem Stick cause it runs game off UMD.

PSP sold 81 million units and was still seen as a failure in Sony's eyes.

PSP Vita has pushed 4 million units

The sad thing is, Vita could of been perfect.

>Keep UMD but say movies will no longer be published on UMD format... Or scrap UMD and go cartraige like Nintendo.... However my 2nd point makes no sense if they scrap UMD
>Keep backwards PSP compatability and beef up the hardward. Doesn't have to be a powerhouse, just an upgrade.
>Lose touch screen, keep back touch pad and 2nd joystick
>Price below $199

I just wanted an upgraded PSP damn it, not an overpriced sony remote
>>
>>378206561
It is a very nice piece of hardware, but at the end of the day, it really isn't that much better than the PSP.

PSP literally fulfilled the promise of a "portable play-station". It played a huge library of PSOne games. Additionally, they brought out a lot of portable versions of their arcadey PSOne and PS2 hits.

Flash forward to the Vita though. It should do the same thing but for PS3/PS4 era right?

Well ask yourself, do you really want to hop from rock to rock as Nathan Drake on the go? Especially when your reward for rock-hopping isn't a beautiful, state of the art cut scene, but a pale intimation squashed down to a Vita screen?

Do you really want to blow away faceless enemies in Killzone and Resistance?

No, you don't. Sony's more contemporary franchises don't translate to hand held quite as well as Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, and the arcadey racers of the past did.
>>
>>378216072
Nice, sounds like I'm buying a PSP instead of the Vita.
>>
>>378216072

Vita menu is a piece of garbage, we can agree on that.
>>378216125

The original Vita didn't even have any internal memory. That came with the slim.
>>
>>378206561
>h-hi I don't usually do this
>"its fine, now just bend over"
>what! No. Im not ready.
>"fucking bitch, im gonna lube you up good and ruin that ass like a turnip on heat"
>Noooo, it hurts, please stop... please

Memory cards bro. £100 for a damn memory card, years after the thing released
>>
>>378216193
>Vita menu is a piece of garbage, we can agree on that.
not to fucking mention that you need to either swipe the screen or touch in diagonal corners console display to wake it up and you can't do that via buttons
Let's not even get started on account system
>>378216143
aside of missing out on Disgaea 3,4 and Muramasa, I'd say you get one great of a library, not even mention undubs and fan translations
>>
>>378216301

Expensive memory cards hardly matters when there's no games.
Though it is annoying, I want to turn my Vita into a comfier PSP but I'm not throwing away my massive memory stick for that.
>>
>>378216059
I love the Dreamcast, but the only thing it has over the PSP is resolution/image quality.
>>
>>378206561
>memory cards that cost more than the games themselves
>can't have more than one account per memory card; have to system reset to change region
>botched backwards compatibility: certain PSP and PSX titles on PSN only work on PSP/PS3 due to dumb license agreements; no UMD drive
>Effectively abandoned by western AAA devs
>Large group of library inaccessible to people who don't know Japanese
Oh, and the hardware became dated two years in
>>
>>378206561
Sony didn't wanna moneyhat system seller games. It could've topped the PSP if it had been released with 5-6 AAA games.
>>
>>378216465

The Dreamcast is excellent at rendering quality textures, even the PS2 couldn't compete in that regard. The PSP doesn't come close. The only direct port I'm aware of is Power Stone and that runs significantly worse despite being crushed to about a quarter of the resolution.

>>378216498

>>can't have more than one account per memory card; have to system reset to change region
>>botched backwards compatibility: certain PSP and PSX titles on PSN only work on PSP/PS3 due to dumb license agreements; no UMD drive
These were the most annoying thing before I just started pirating.
>>
>>378208459
>>378208470
'haha, benis' the show
>>
>>378216426
>no games
I get that this is an ancient PS3 meme but if you seriously believe the Vita has no games you're completely deluded. Even more so if you think the 3DS has a good library in comparison.
>>
>>378217295
anon, stop being deluded.
Vita has some ok games, sure. But right now majority of them is indie ports and echhi shovelware usually by compile heart.
>>
File: 1416012517984.jpg (198KB, 570x558px) Image search: [Google]
1416012517984.jpg
198KB, 570x558px
>>378217394
i have over 1200 hours between a dozen games on my vita
>>
>>378217295

All the good games could probably fit on an 8GB card simultaneously desu
>>
>>378217704
so, 2 disgaea games, what other 200 hours left to?
I guess Ateiler ports and Muramasa.
>>
>>378217704
That's easy to accomplish if all you play is DT2
>>
File: vomit.png (88KB, 389x213px) Image search: [Google]
vomit.png
88KB, 389x213px
>>378217834

>Atelier

Also Vanillaware games are overrated as fuck. They might be pretty but they're also shallow and repetitive, you play 5 hours of one and you've experienced everything out of the lot of them.
>>
File: 1492292858792.jpg (53KB, 720x611px) Image search: [Google]
1492292858792.jpg
53KB, 720x611px
>>378214254
I think both ds and 3ds libraries are great. Plus you can play the huge ds library on every 3ds model. I had no problem upgrading to the new3dsxl because I know I'll be playing through a backlog of ds and 3ds titles for the next literal decade or more.
>>
>>378217937

3DS has nothing to offer but MH and a few Atlus games.
>>
>>378217926
>have 1200 in Vita library
>calls vannillaware overrated and repetitive
>still doesn't list those games he been playing
too afraid that other find out that they are even more repetitive than Muramasa?
>>
>>378208343
this. it was a vicious very cycle ever since launch day.
>>
>>378218014

I'm not >>378217704. JRPGs are even more stale, I enjoy them every now and then but can't understand how people can play them back to back for thousands of hours outside of autism.
>>
>>378217994
if one dislikes Nintendo games, then maybe one could agree with your statement
>>
>>378218096
Every game is repetitive to the point
question is if you personally find that repetitiveness good or not, too much up to taste
>>
>>378218124

nu-Nintendo isn't anything like the Nintendo that made the SNES, GBA, DS and Gamecube.
>>
I always say the memory card killed it.
It's base was being taken advantage of and they dropped Sony's hand held. Even those that didn't want to download many games felt that cheapest choice was far too much.

Without that starting base, the market quickly became stale and it made developers drop support or give shitty effort(ie call of duty and killzone games on the system are horse shit). Without games coming in, no new customers were ever attracted and the console was deemed a failure within 2 year.
>>
>>378218096
Japan has the highest rate of autism in the world. JRPGs are made to keep autists busy for long periods of time.
>>
>>378218221

>question is if you personally find that repetitiveness good or not, too much up to taste
To a point. Good games become harder in a manner other than just making the numbers bigger.
>>
File: 1329623888556.jpg (46KB, 368x263px) Image search: [Google]
1329623888556.jpg
46KB, 368x263px
>>378218234
you're a silly man who hates late Nintendo games because they're more recent

the only "recent" Nintendo games that have gone to shit are Skyward Sword, Metroid series, Paper Mario series and the Fire Emblem level design, the rest of them are still very much great as always
>>
>>378217723
>All the good games could probably fit on an 8GB card simultaneously desu

Remember when BL2 came out? It was just shy of 6GB with the DLC in addition to system updates. You were actually unable to play the game that came with the console bundle if you updated your system due to the file size unless you bought a larger card on day 1.

And you couldn't play without the update anyways, since you needed it to access the store to download it.

8GB wasn't even enough for an okay game bundled with the console and memory card..
>>
Because the Vita library is dominated by kusoge shovelware. Doesn't help that all the larger publishers rereleased their Vita titles on the PS4 making owning one almost a moot point.
>>
>>378218406

>The only "recent" Nintendo games that have gone to shit are [all the good Nintendo games]
>>
>>378218374
game getting "harder" is not easy answer either.
for example game has enjoyable repeatable process which stays somewhat on constant difficulty
there are millions of games like that and they are pretty great.
Because if repeatable process is satisfying, progression to game becoming "harder" is not exactly needed past particular point.
>>
Reminder that the Vita outlive the Wii-U

This will forever triggered nintendo fanboys
>>
>>378218597
>comparing home console to handheld
well whatever makes you happy, console warrior
>>
>>378206561
Basically, Sony screwed over their customers.

More specifically, the system has the "hidden cost" of highly expensive memory cards. Around half the library is digital-only, not counting the limited print run games. You'll need a memory card to store more than a couple, and standard cards don't work. Only Sony's highly expensive memory cards will do.

Plus, it was advertised as basically "PS3 on the go" but was nowhere near that powerful. People who picked it up to play Borderlands or Crackdown or whatever else was popular at the moment were massively disappointed. As such, then never stuck around for the far better, niche games on the system.

Sony then mostly gave up on the system, trying to sell the crappy PSTV and then PS4 remote play as a way to make use of it. (Both were terrible.)

Also, the PSP died to piracy so there wasn't much of a PSP fanbase to help support the Vita when it came out.
>>
Vita is pretty fantastic.

It'll probably outlive the 3DS too honestly.
>>
>>378217994
I'm a big Pokemon and MH fag and I replay those a lot so it justifies the purchase of the console tbqh. All the other games I buy and play after those are just icing on the cake honestly. For example, Animal Crossing: New Leaf was pleasant surprise that I didn't see coming.
>>
File: 1329626173232.png (78KB, 172x194px) Image search: [Google]
1329626173232.png
78KB, 172x194px
>>378218550
>ALBW, BotW Zeldas
>Mario games
>Mario Kart games
>Mario and Luigi Dream Team
>Donkey Kong games
>Hyrule Warriors
>Luigi's Mansion
>Pokémon games
>Star Fox remake on 3DS (I forgot about the latest one on WiiU though, that was shit)
>Sm4sh
>Xenoblade/X

>all of these don't count or are shit

who do you think will take you seriously? your mother?
>>
>>378218909

Almost everything you listed there is an inferior sequel to another game.
Xenoblade might be good, I guess? Didn't play that. Or BotW.
>>
>>378218909

>XY
>ORAS
>Sun and Moon
>Good

Here your reply, Pokemon quality went down the shitter after 5th gen.
>>
No Monhun for japan
No normie games like Pokemon and Mario in the west
Memory card prices
>>
I have 20 bucks and need a Vita game that'll keep me busy for a week. Already have P4G. Any ideas?
>>
>>378219376
Disgaea 3 or 4
>>
>>378219376

Is twenty all you have? With thirty you could get Heart R or few more titles.

I mean you can always go for Freedom Wars or Ys: Memories of Celceta I guess.
>>
I thought about getting a Vita but all the vita games that I wanted ended up getting ported to the ps4. So I bought one of those $250 uc4 bundled ps4 slims for sports shit and fighting games + vita shit + console exclusives I can't play on PC. It's really a shame that smart phones killed Vita.
>>
>>378219628
>smart phones killed Vita.
Sony killed Vita. By trying to make it like smartphone. And by dropping support in few years.
>>
>>378219037
The single player has always been shit, the good thing about pokemon is the pvp, which is as good as ever

>>378219021
I disagree, ALBW and SM3DL/W are among my favorites in their series, but regardless, you saying they're invalid is just plain ridiculous
>>
>>378206561
Terrible marketing, no games at release, stupid memory cards
>>
>>378219958

>Single player always been shit

(you)
>>
>>378219958
(you)
>>
>>378219958

ALBW and SM3DL were both decent but I can't see myself replaying either. SM3DL especially was just kind of bland an unadventurous.
>>
>>378220182
That's as vague a description as you can get
>unadventurous

>>378220086
You read it right, I can't find enjoyment in something that piss-easy, the best fun I've had with Pokemon single player was battle frontier on Emerald, Battle Factory was pretty cool
>>
>>378221185

>That's as vague a description as you can get
Pretty much sums up SM3DL desu.
I can't remember anything creative about it. I don't remember any of the levels, so there are none I would be excited to replay. It began, it happened, it ended.

It's just utterly forgettable, like a lot of AAA trash. You can't point out what's wrong with it because there's nothing bad, it just doesn't do anything particularly well either.
>>
>>378206561
Sony is notorious for abandoning anything that doesn't magically sell itself. As soon as the Vita had problems they basically didn't bring up ever again. Also consumers aren't stupid enough to get suckered into that memory card bullshit.
Thread posts: 129
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.